more ยป" />

Sleep-In Saturday

by Meghann on July 2, 2011

Good Morning World. :)

Operation Sleep-In Saturday this morning was a success.

Sort of.

Maddie is still learning the rules of ‘sleep-in Saturday.’ She prefers take-me-out-at-7:00am-and-then-we-can-continue-sleeping Saturday. She’s still young. She’ll learn.

Plus, she’s cute.

I was able to talk Maddie into another 30 minutes before I was forced into walking her around the block.

30 minutes is 30 minutes after all. :)

My training schedule was slightly modified this weekend. Instead of resting tomorrow, I’m resting today. Saturday and Sunday were flipped, so I wouldn’t have to ride by bike for 2 hours by myself. No biggie – I like rest no matter what day it is.

My lazy walk with Maddie was followed by a failed attempt at a smoothie in a bowl. The culprit? Too much milk.

A good smoothie in a bowl requires a certain thickness that resembles nice italian gelato. This particular smoothie was too thin and was more like smoothie soup than anything else. After a couple of bites it was transferred to a cup and enjoy by a straw. Not nearly as fun, but still tasty.

You win some. You lose some. :)

Sleep-In Saturday is about to become Shopping Saturday. Maybe I’ll find some good 4th of July deals – that’s the best part about holiday weekend right? The sales? ;)

Happy Saturday everyone!

1 Cait's Plate July 2, 2011 at 10:54 am

Haha – that’s exactly like my sister’s teacup chihuahua. It’s like you’re so tired but they’re so cute so you can’t say no to them :)

2 Katy (The Singing Runner) July 2, 2011 at 10:55 am

Maddie is adorable! What a cute pie!

I’m going shopping today too…as soon as I get out of this ice bath. A 13.1 mile training run this morning in the Florida heat has “crippled” me. Lol! Please tell me training for the Chicago Marathon in this heat is worth it!

3 Courtney July 2, 2011 at 11:20 am

Yay for shopping! Old Navy has Buy 2 Get 1 Free for the entire store!!:D

4 Hillary July 2, 2011 at 12:20 pm

This makes me so happy! I’m on my way there to look for a sundress—maybe I’ll come back with three!

5 Judy July 2, 2011 at 11:42 am

Smoothies are always good :)

6 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 2, 2011 at 11:55 am

I LOVE shopping for deals! And I LOVE smoothies in a bowl <—add tons of ice and frozen fruit, it helps, promise!

7 tabetha July 2, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I both love smoothies and dog but I hate walking with my Leggy at the park, she’s just too pushy when she looks up to other dogs

8 Bee Goes Bananas July 2, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Maddie is so friggen adorable I can’t get over it! She makes me almost wish I had a small dog! Almost! ;)

9 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 2, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I’m taking a rest day too but it’s impossible foor me to sleep in!

10 Sarah July 2, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Yes! The sales this weekend are so great! I know loft has 40% off everything.. I might have to hit that up

11 BroccoliHut July 2, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Margot is the same way–she is up and ready for a potty break at 6AM, 7 days a week!!

12 Christie July 2, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Nice try with your smoothie in a bowl :) It’s the first time I’ve heard of it, but I don’t know why… the idea sounds like something I would SO enjoy! Happy Saturday shopping- you’re right, no better way to celebrate that holiday weekend!

13 Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups July 2, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I find drinking through a straw pretty fun :) I hope it was still tasty!

14 Emily @ Savory and Savage July 2, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I am staying far away from stores this weekend. I really can’t stand the crowds.

Your bowl you used this morning is really cute!

15 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife July 2, 2011 at 3:55 pm

We don’t know what happened, but after we got back from our honeymoon, our little April sleeps in. She might come bother us at 7 or 8am, but we tell her to go back to sleep, and we usually get to sleep until 10:30 at least. It’s AMAZING!!

16 Hilary July 2, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Yep…gotta love the sleep-in! I got some great shopping deals yesterday, so hope you do too!

17 Ellie@fitforthesoul July 2, 2011 at 6:11 pm

ooOOo hope you find some good stuff! And that would be fun to walk with a pet. My fiance has cats, but that wouldn’t work :( haha

18 Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) July 2, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Haha, my pup has finally gotten the sleep-in on the weekend routine down. Its glorious!

19 Alison @ The Peacock Diaries July 2, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I thought adopting a dog would make me more of a morning person, but no. My dog loves her beauty sleep as much as I do. There have been weekend mornings that I’ve needed to go tap on her crate at 10:30am just so I could get her out for her walk and start my morning.

Also, sometimes she does this thing where she pushes her pillow up against the front of her crate to keep the light out. I call it her Do Not Disturb sign, and it cracks me up.

20 Natalie @ southern fit foodie July 2, 2011 at 8:39 pm

That sounds like my dogs! They don’t understand the difference in 5:00 a.m. wake up on a weekday and 7:30 or 8:00 wake up on Saturday! One of my dogs actually got me up at 4 this morning…sigh. Luckily I had no problem falling back asleep!

I swapped my rest day from tomorrow to today as well! I still taught a Zumba class this morning, but my Insanity workout will be tomorrow. I guess that technically means I have no true rest day, but it seemed like a good idea when I was soaking up the sun in the pool! :)

Happy 4th of July! Love your blog!

21 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 2, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Seriously — I hate it when that happens to smoothies! I just add a shit ton of xanthan gum. Hahaha. Your dogggy is adddoraabbbleee

22 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 2, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Too bad about the smoothie — that seriously looks pretty icky :(

23 Caroline July 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Hahaha, my JR thinks 6:30 is the ideal time to go out on weekends. But once he has me up he demands to go back to bed with my husband. I might be slightly vindictive and deny him that pleasure…