It’s Friday Baby!

by Meghann on July 1, 2011

It’s FRIDAY!

It’s not just Friday – it’s the Friday of a 3 day weekend!

(Or 4 day weekend in Derek’s case. He says hi from the comfort of the bed he is still currently sleeping in by the way.)

For the first time in a while we have no plans for the long weekend. Scratch that – we have one plan – to CLEAN and possibly try getting some decorations up. Our walls are still as bare as they were the day we got the couches ..ummm.… three months ago? Need to change that.

Ideas?

(p.s. I do have plans to add sheer curtains between the dark curtains (that Derek insisted we have), still looking for new pillows (HATE the ones that came with the couch – HATE them), and I want mirrors above the couch, but need to something that fits the large space. I have ideas – just need to execute them. )

I was in bed super late last night after the Urban Restaurant Tour (worth it) and was up super early this morning for the gym (eh).

I finished NROLFW 1A on Wednesday and wrapped up NROLFW 1B this morning. All I have left is the special set of workouts next week and I am DONE with Stage 1. Woop! Woop! I can’t wait to write my review of Stage 1 – LOTS to say.

Speaking of strength training… have you seen my sister’s post on her 5 month check in with consistent weight training? New goal: have killer arms like my sister. She’s awesome – that’s all there is to it. πŸ™‚

Breakfast

An ode to July 4th a few days early? Red, White & Blue Waffles

Two toasted whole wheat eggos topped with Lemon Chobani, Strawberries, Blueberries, and Caco nibs.

Happy pre-birthday America!

Also, Happy Canada Day to all my northern friends! πŸ˜‰

Thanks that currently have me smiling..

• Leaving for vacation in a week! (err….semi-vacation)
  • Maddie snoring next to me on the couch
  • Ice Cream
  • New friends who have Glee Karaoke for the Wii πŸ˜‰
  • Babysitting Marley on Sunday night
1 Cait's Plate July 1, 2011 at 10:07 am

There’s nothing better than waffles topped with fruit + yogurt if you ask me πŸ™‚ Love what a festive breakfast that is!

Also – my boyfriend and I moved in nearly a year ago and our walls are still pretty bare. Haha. One thing I did get were those wall appliques that they sell at Target and say fun little phrases on them πŸ™‚ Cheap and easy and look beautiful!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Small Bowl

2 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun July 1, 2011 at 10:09 am

I love when I have a random weekend with no plans. It’s so relaxing even if you end up being productive. Have a great one, my friend!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Something To This Goal Thing

3 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 1, 2011 at 10:09 am

I wish my arms looked half as good as your sister’s! Her post inspired me to keep strength training πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..WIAW and Blender Explosions

4 Mrs. Fish July 1, 2011 at 10:10 am

I love how festive your breakfast was!
Mrs. Fish recently posted..Meat Free Challenge Day Four- Chickpea Tacos

5 Hillary July 1, 2011 at 10:10 am

GLEE KARAOKE?! That exists?! Oh, dear. I think I just found a reason to play with my boyfriend’s Wii.
Hillary recently posted..That’s Bananas!

6 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life July 1, 2011 at 10:17 am

I love your couches! My husband and I bought out house in November, moved in in December, and just finally hung our wall decorations in our living room last weekend…. We are slackers too!!!!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..Better than Pringles…. My Baked Parmesan Zucchini Chips!

7 michelle July 1, 2011 at 10:19 am

I love the color of your walls – very serene and calm.

Have a great weekend!
michelle recently posted..2011 Goals–How are YOU doing?

8 Julie @ Wearing Mascara July 1, 2011 at 10:19 am

I can’t wait to see the finishing touches on your decorating! I’m so awful in that area!
Julie @ Wearing Mascara recently posted..Healthy slurpees make me happy

9 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food July 1, 2011 at 10:20 am

Yey for all that you have planned for the weekend! πŸ™‚

Love the look of those waffles yum! πŸ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Mom’s Homemade Inspiration Granola Recipe {Vegan}

10 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 1, 2011 at 10:30 am

My snoring dog that is currently “running” in her dream is making me happy too. So funny to watch!

11 Meghann July 1, 2011 at 11:21 am

I could spend hours watching Maddie ‘run’ and ‘bark’ in her dreams. She’s just so darn cute!

12 Sarah July 1, 2011 at 10:54 am

Waffles will be going on my grocery list this weekend! I can’t wait to read your NRLFW post!
Sarah recently posted..It’s official..

13 Bee Goes Bananas July 1, 2011 at 10:56 am

Mmm those waffles look so delicious! Fresh berries always make any dish look that much better!

14 Tara July 1, 2011 at 10:57 am

I decorated a huge empty spot in our living room with this idea from young house love. we LOVE it!!! It was fun picking out what colors we actually wanted. I also love it because if we ever paint, move or redecorate, or want to put the frames in another room, we can change the colors in the frames and it will suit whatever new colors we have. I bought the frames at michaels for 50% off (scrapbook paper was from there too).

15 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) July 1, 2011 at 11:01 am

Red, white, and blue waffles?? Mmmm, looks amazing.. as a kid I used to eat Eggos every day before school. πŸ˜‰
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Procrastination, with extra mustard

16 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 1, 2011 at 11:03 am

We didn’t have too many things planned for the weekend so we’re spending most of our time cleaning/organizing. Our house needs it!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Strength + Speed

17 Fit Chick Britt July 1, 2011 at 12:10 pm

yay for now plans! We don’t have any either and I’m quite excited about it, and our vaca is in a week too! Enjoy your weekend of cleaning and decorating.

18 Cat @Breakfast to Bed July 1, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Ok, last night I ate a bowl of frozen watermelon pureed with cacao nibs on top and I seriously thought I was going to die of happiness.

19 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 1, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Oh that sounds good : waffles topped with yogurt and fruit. YUMM! Yah for a long weekend πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..What I Love

20 Chloe (South Beach Girl) July 1, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Your breakfast looks super good and refreshing πŸ™‚ It’s finally getting warm here in Seattle so I feel like now I can finally eat some cold breakfast foods without freezing my butt off for the rest of the day!
Chloe (South Beach Girl) recently posted..South America Update!

21 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 1, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Don’t worry, I have been living in my house for a year and I still don’t have decorations up on my walls behind my couch!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..raw cheesecake bites

22 G July 1, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Thanks for the Canada Day shout-out! πŸ™‚

23 Laura July 1, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Meghann, a great idea for cheap decor mirrors is to get a big one from some place like GoodWill or a thrift store (you can get ’em for sooooo much less than what you’d pay at a big box store) and spray paint it the color of your choice. You know they make oil-rubbed bronze spray paint…and metallic spray paint…the possibilities are endless! And you’d save some $$ too!
~Laura
Laura recently posted..Weight Watchers and Workouts

24 Kim July 1, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I love Maddie. Love her cute little behind in the pic above… Walking around, checking it all out πŸ˜€
Have a great weekend!

25 Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) July 1, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I love these cheap and easy ideas from Young House Love…

Hope you find something you love!
Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) recently posted..Fortune and Rewards

26 sarah July 2, 2011 at 9:53 am

what are ‘shear curtains’ ??? are they curtains that cut things?

Sarah

27 Meghann July 2, 2011 at 10:00 am

I meant sheer curtains. That was a typo. πŸ™‚