A Quick Plate

by Meghann on June 30, 2011

I did it again.

I waited too long to make lunch, felt my stomach start to eat itself, and scrambled to the kitchen to prepare a plate of food as fast as I could.

I only have myself to blame. My stomach started to grumble at 11:30am, but I was so wrapped up in a project, I didn’t want to eat until it was done. Thirty minutes, I told myself, thirty minutes was all I needed. Somehow that thirty minutes turned into an hour and that hour became an hour and a half. By the time I wrapped up the project it was after 1:00 and my stomach was on full revolt.

I grabbed a jar of peanut butter from the cabinet, sliced some carrots and apples, toasted a cinnamon raisin bagel thin, and called it lunch.

Not exactly a ‘real meal’ but it did the trick. 🙂

Maddie didn’t mind.

She took her job of finishing off the last of the peanut butter on the plate very seriously.

Slurp. That’s some good PB!

I’m such a proud mama. 🙂

It’s officially rainy season in Florida. It’s been raining pretty non-stop this whole week and looks like the forecast is bleak through the weekend. Yay for plants and grass – Boooo for those of us with outdoor evening plans.

1 michelle June 30, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Your lunch looks a lot like mine right now except I’m munching on a pear. Nice and quick.
michelle recently posted..Revisiting the FIRST Training Program / Running Goals

2 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 30, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Boo for rainy season! Ours is in winter… I can’t remember the last time it rained here!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..WIAW and Blender Explosions

3 kristy @ kristyruns.com June 30, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Maddie has some great pre-washing skillz!
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..My Food Philosophy

4 Laurie June 30, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Maddie is so adorable!!!! Great lunch btw! 🙂

5 Andrea @ Onion in My Hair June 30, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I feel your pain.

Chicago had the WORST spring ever this year – just this week we finally had some nice weather!
Andrea @ Onion in My Hair recently posted..July Goals: Martha Stewart Wants Guns

6 Cait's Plate June 30, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Looks like a delicious lunch despite the scramble to make it!!

Love that Maddie 😉

7 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life June 30, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Oh noo I hope it is nice outside for your for July 4th!!!!

My puppy loves PB too!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..Finally A Vegetarian Burger That Is Not Processed…

8 Sana June 30, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Oy, summer rain is sucky for outdoor plans!
Sana recently posted..Confidence is Key

9 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 30, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I think it’s safe to say that EVERY dog loves peanut butter 🙂
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Flashdance

10 Dori June 30, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Of course that is a real meal! It sounds like most of my meals, minus the fruit and veg (which I can’t eat because of a GI illness).
Dori recently posted..Runner Safety & RoadID Charity Raffle

11 Cait @ UrbanFencepost June 30, 2011 at 3:21 pm

My puppy will do anything for peanut butter. I think he likes it more than meat even! I think your lunch looks delicious – a little bit of everything.
Cait @ UrbanFencepost recently posted..Bottomless Pit

12 Nacho Lindsay June 30, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Ahhhh yes. Waiting too long for lunch. That’s when you should just go for some nachos..
Nacho Lindsay recently posted..Guest Post! 260 Sports Bar: Chicago (Bridgeport), IL

13 Bella June 30, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I pretty much did the exact same thing today girly. I had planned to eat at eleven and when I looked up from editing it was already two! By the way, your baby and min have a a lot in common. Okay, well mine is a Pomeranian.. But hey they both appreciate a good treat. Haha.

14 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 30, 2011 at 4:42 pm

It is nice and sunny here….but we just had a few days of storms and rains!

Love the idea of a fast lunch on some days….just so appropriate when life gets in the way. hah.
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Smoothie Tutorial + Thankful Thursday

15 Amy June 30, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I feel like Boston has seen a lot of rain lately as well.. cold rain too. This week was the first time we saw the sun in about a week and a half!
Amy recently posted..Thankful on a Thursday…

16 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food June 30, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Nothing wrong with easy to prepare healthy lunches! Especially when its full of such wonderfully fresh ingredients! Don’t stress about it girl! 🙂
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Mom’s Homemade Inspiration Granola Recipe {Vegan}

17 Ashley @ the fit academic June 30, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Oh man, I lived in south Florida for 2 years and remember the crazy rainy season. I worked a 9-5 at the time & remember it was weird because it was always during the afternoon, like 1-4ish…because of my work schedule I never had to be out in it – it never seemed to rain at night!
Ashley @ the fit academic recently posted..Copy Cat

18 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers June 30, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Although the weather outside is frightful (read: moist and bleak), the sound is SOOOOO delightful!

Rain rain…. just go away for the duration of my flight on Fri-day!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Wake-Up Call

19 Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) June 30, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I think your random plate of eats look pretty good!

20 Amanda June 30, 2011 at 10:00 pm

that plateful of eats still looks delicious! 🙂
Amanda recently posted..Doing the right thing…

21 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) June 30, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Mmm, that rando plate looks pretty scrumptious to me. I love bagels and peanut butter!

22 Hilary June 30, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Hate that whole “stomach eating itself feeling”….been there! Still looks like a pretty good meal though.
Hilary recently posted..Summer Start-Up and Shape-Up Sum-Up