A Little of This. A Little of That.

by Meghann on June 28, 2011

Today went in the complete opposite direction of yesterday. Instead of driving all over the state without a minute to breathe, I stayed on my couch with my laptop glued to my thighs. I finally feel caught up on e-mails. Sort of.

I had an afternoon snack of Kix, peanuts, and pecans.

I was in a burger mood for dinner.

The burgers were a ‘little of this’ and ‘little of that’ recipe that I sort of threw together with what I had on hand. A ‘little of this’ was a pound of turkey, fennel seeds, garlic, and soy sauce, and a ‘little of that’ was an onion I grated on the cheese grater (I trick I learned from Rachael Ray for juicy burgers) and some salt and pepper. I divided the mix into 4 patties and grilled it up on the George Foreman.

Served on a bagel thin with ketchup, mustard, and spinach.

Nothing goes better with burgers than sweet potato fries (or cubes because cutting fries is hard!).

Yes, that’s a cinnamon raisin bagel thin. Shhhh…..

Coffee Fudge ICe Cream + Vitatop for dessert

*bonus dessert* cuddling with Maddie and Derek on the couch. Nothing better. πŸ™‚

Tweet Up!

Metromix Tampa Bay and Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza (only my favorite pizza place ever ;)) are co-hosting a tweetup tomorrow night at the North Dale Mabry Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza location.
tweetup.jpeg

There will be free pizza, wings, meatball, t-shirts, and other door prizes up for grab. It should also be a fun event to network and meet fellow tweeters in the area. I’ll be there at 6:00pm on the dot with camera and free plate of food in hand.

Did I mention the free pizza? πŸ˜‰ Say free food and I’m there!

Any other local Tampa tweeters attending?

Other fun links:

1 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing June 28, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I must concur — cubed sweet potatoes are so much faster and easier than fries! They are my default, usually. The lazy woman’s fry, eh? πŸ˜‰
Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing recently posted..Fitness and Health Bloggers Conference

2 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 28, 2011 at 10:40 pm

When I was a kid, I ate Kix like it was my JOB. It made me feel like a soccer player!
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Glammed-Up Guac: Avocado Tapenade

3 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 28, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Love the use of a sweet bread with your burger πŸ™‚ I haven’t had a vitatop in sooo long. My Costco stopped carrying them!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Eating Bird Food

4 Holly June 28, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Burgers look great! I haven’t heard of the onion thing before, I’m going to have to try it.
Holly recently posted..Stress Eating

5 Mary June 28, 2011 at 10:55 pm

how fun! you’re a shape inspiration! Your burger looks delish!
Mary recently posted..Home Improvement Hell

6 The Teenage Taste June 28, 2011 at 11:06 pm

That Vitatop sundae is making my mouth water! I need to get my hands on some Vitas ASAP. What is your favorite flavor?
The Teenage Taste recently posted..Vinsaya Yoga & Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls

7 Meghann June 29, 2011 at 11:13 am

I love the Dark Chocolate one. I find any of the other flavors just taste like regular chocolate anyways, so might as well just go with the original.
Meghann recently posted..Alarm Clock Fail

8 allison @ thesundayflog June 28, 2011 at 11:17 pm

awhhh your posts about tampa always make me sad-ish! my boyfriend used to live right off of dale mabry!!!

9 Christine June 28, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Kix! A highly underrated cereal. And I consider myself a bit of a cereal aficionado πŸ˜‰

10 Katherine June 28, 2011 at 11:37 pm

I really wish I had a Vitamix (this totally is not random, your ice cream is making me crave some!).
And I love those bagel thins!!!!
Katherine recently posted..It’s About Balance!

11 Kari June 28, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I always do sweet potato rounds instead of fries because you’re absolutely right – cutting fries is HARD.

And did that burger really taste good with the cinnamon raisin? I won’t knock it, since I haven’t tried it…but I’m skeptical.
Kari recently posted..Tachy Med Student: First Call by the Hours

12 Meghann June 29, 2011 at 11:16 am

It was the only bread we had so I went for it. Honestly, you couldn’t taste the cinnamon raisin.
Meghann recently posted..Alarm Clock Fail

13 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 28, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Everytime I see your vitatops I kick myself for not buying them. They are so expensive in the store near me though!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Salty & Sour

14 Meghann June 29, 2011 at 11:16 am

I only buy them when they’re BOGO at Publix.
Meghann recently posted..Alarm Clock Fail

15 molly June 28, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Lol are you sure you’re not pregnant !? You’re food mix-ups have been so random lately! I love it though. It inspires me in my kitchen!

16 Meghann June 29, 2011 at 11:17 am

I promise I’m not prego! Cinnamon Raisin was the only bread we had and you couldn’t even taste it.
Meghann recently posted..Alarm Clock Fail

17 Hayley @ Hayley Daily June 29, 2011 at 1:30 am

Looks like a really yummy dinner! Jealous. πŸ™‚
Hayley @ Hayley Daily recently posted..Peanut Butter vs. Almond Butter

18 Sally Kate June 29, 2011 at 1:34 am

i love how you always pair sweet with savory- i would never think to put a hamburger on a cinnamon raisin bagel but it sounds like it would be awesome now that i think about it!
ps- i got pistachio butter at the farmers market this weekend and i can’t wait to make your nut butter fries with it!!
Sally Kate recently posted..shock will be delivered in three, two, one… shock delivered

19 Meghann June 29, 2011 at 11:17 am

Pistachio Butter? I’ve never tried that! Is it green?
Meghann recently posted..Alarm Clock Fail

20 Sally Kate June 30, 2011 at 12:05 am

yes it sort of is! it’s really yummy if you like pistachios! the kind i got is sort of saltier than most nut butters- it’s made locally, so i don’t know if you could get it just anywhere?
Sally Kate recently posted..this guy in my chemistry lab

21 Monday June 29, 2011 at 4:35 am

Such delicious Burgers.I will try to do this.Thanks for your sharing
Monday recently posted..The Importance of Business Surveillance Systems

22 Lauren June 29, 2011 at 6:49 am

I am definitely making burgers for dinner tonight! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..On My Playlist

23 Ali @ Ali Runs June 29, 2011 at 7:58 am

Yum, that sounds delicious!! Glad you got a chance to relax a little today!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Running Quotes

24 Hope June 29, 2011 at 8:05 am

I love your dinner! It looks so good! I totally agree with you on cutting sweet potato “fries.” It’s much easier to make cubes or whatever shape. πŸ˜‰
Hope recently posted..50 First Dates…

25 Amy June 29, 2011 at 8:25 am

I love that “after” Shape photo. You look so cheerful! πŸ™‚
Amy recently posted..insult to injury

26 skinnyrunner June 29, 2011 at 9:32 am

you’re on shape, you’re famous!!
skinnyrunner recently posted..β€œLast year I lost 100 pounds”

27 Meghann June 29, 2011 at 11:18 am

ha! It was actually taken from the June issue from last year http://mealsandmiles.com/2010/05/21/im-in-shape/ πŸ™‚
Meghann recently posted..Alarm Clock Fail

28 Fit Chick Britt June 29, 2011 at 9:34 am

How cool about the Shape Magazine photos. You look great!! I agree cutting fries is hard, cubes is a good idea and I bet they cook faster. Wish I lived in Tampa so I could get free pizza πŸ™‚

29 Beth @ DiningAndDishing June 29, 2011 at 9:38 am

Salty sweet is my top combo – such a party for the mouth! So I think that cinnamon raisin bagel burger is a delicious idea :).

30 shelby June 29, 2011 at 9:57 am

Uhh. I love ketchup on almost anything, but a cinnamon raisin bagel?

:::stomach turn:::

To each her own, I guess…
shelby recently posted..Knockout knockoffs

31 Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers June 29, 2011 at 10:10 am

Haha, last night after reading this post I told my beau to just hand-make his turkey burgers for the week instead of going out late at night to buy premade patties. Well, clearly he’s not a burger pro like yourself, because they ended up as turkey burger chunks on the george foreman, and he finished cooking them in a pan. Poor guy, trying to cook….
Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Mez in Durham and a BEER REVIEW!

32 Meghann June 29, 2011 at 11:19 am

Ouch. At least he tried! πŸ™‚ Maybe next time try adding bread crumbs or some other binding?
Meghann recently posted..Alarm Clock Fail

33 Lacey @ Lake Life June 29, 2011 at 10:23 am

My 2nd favorite kitchen gadget (2nd only to my kitchen shears) is my Crinkle Cutter from Pampered Chef! It makes cutting sweet potato fries and veggies so easy and gives a great presentation to veggie trays.

34 Meghann June 29, 2011 at 11:20 am

Call me weird, but I’m not a fan of crinkle fries! I know – STRANGE, but I swear they taste different! lol
Meghann recently posted..Alarm Clock Fail

35 Brooke June 29, 2011 at 11:59 am

I love the grated onion! I saw Rachael Ray do it, now I do it whenever I make burgers!
Brooke recently posted..Flowers and salmon!

36 Jessica @ Bake a Little June 29, 2011 at 12:19 pm

All that I want in life are bagel thins and they are SO hard to find in the city πŸ™ Im Jel!