Life is crazy and then you die.

by Meghann on June 27, 2011

Might as well live it up while you can, right?

Today was a crazy day.

Starting with another drive over to Orlando.

Yes, another drive to Orlando.

Why did I move away from there again? Oh, right. I fell in love with a boy who didn’t live there. He must be a keeper. ;)

Anyways, I’ve been eating out a lot lately. A .LOT. My goal this week – and next – is to limit that when I can. (Granted, I already have two nights planned this week with eating food out, but those are more like events and the food is included, so they don’t count.)

My new goal meant eating lunch at home before I hit the road.

A cinnamon raisin bagel thin topped with two fried eggs and jam.

With carrots and almond butter on the side.

All fueled up and ready to go!

My first stop after the 1.5 hour drive was the Downtown Credo Coffee House in College Park.

The Downtown Credo is a non-profit coffee shop that runs completely on donations and the help of volunteers. There are no set prices or menu, people pay what they can give and the local baked goods change daily.

It’s a very welcoming space for local work-at-homers and serves a great cup of coffee.

Or in my case – ice coffee. With soy milk.

Strong and slightly sweet. Just the way I like it.

I had a great meeting with the race director for the upcoming Savage Race (love how they refer to themselves as ‘the race meant to kick your ass’). Got lots of insight and have lots of plans. Stay tuned for exciting details! ;)

I left Credo in the rain and had to drive across town for my next destination.

Had a granola bar on the way.

My next stop was the B Meyer Training Center for my first ever TRX class.

I was taking the class as part of an upcoming episode of Meals and Miles on iZonOrlando.com. I don’t want to give too much away, but it was TOUGH. A lot of core. A lot of upper body. A lot of core. I’m going to be sore in the morning!

The owner of the training center gave me a Drink Chia! drink to try during the class.

Drink Chia! is a local company that is literally next door to the training center. I thought the Strawberry Citrus flavored drink was pretty tasty, but was a little weirded out when I got to the bottom and was drinking straight chia seeds. It was strange – the chia seeds were still somewhat whole and hadn’t gelled, like they usually do when they’re immersed in water. I wonder why that was? hmmm….

We wrapped up filming a little before 8:00pm and I started my journey back to Tampa.

With a pit stop for dinner along the way.

Yes, I packed my dinner – I told you I’m trying to save money!

It was nothing special, just a salad with leftover veggies from last night’s dinner and chickpeas

And a cinnamon raisin bagel thin.

My reward for making it home from Orlando in one piece? Ice Cream.

It’s been a long day. A long, but productive day.

Maddie and Derek are calling my name from the couch. About to go join them.

Good night!

1 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food June 27, 2011 at 10:51 pm

What an awesome day! I would love to try a TRX class I can’t wait to see your show on it!

Good for you for eating a homemade dinner. We just drove from Chicago to D.C. and unfortunately didn’t bring lunch on the way. Not a good idea money and tummy wise! :P

Hope you have a great nights sleep! :)
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Awesome New Bright-Eyes and Bushy-Tales Workout and Playlist

2 Christine June 27, 2011 at 10:53 pm

TRX looks fun. Googling it now!

3 Molly June 27, 2011 at 10:54 pm

ah I have been doing TRX for about a month now and I LOVE IT. The leg workouts are tough! I seriously don’t think I will ever give it up.
Molly recently posted..Goodbyes look a lot like this…

4 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 27, 2011 at 10:55 pm

That TRX class looks tough! Can’t wait to hear more about that one.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..First day at the lake

5 lauri (redheadrecipes.com) June 27, 2011 at 10:56 pm

What a busy/fun day u had!! We have some friends that invite us out to eat ALL THE TIME! We finally told them we can’t afford it more than once a week and we like to have a ‘date night’ every now and then… hint hint!

Can’t wait to learn more about that workout class!

What kind of icecream is that? It looks like my favorite: java chip frozen yogurt from publix! Mmmm…
lauri (redheadrecipes.com) recently posted..Chocolate Crunch Rice Crispy Treats with Peanut butter fudge

6 Meghann June 28, 2011 at 10:51 am

It’s the Breyer’s Mint Chocolate Chip

7 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 27, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I’ve always wanted to do TRX! But no gyms near me offer it. And lol chia drink??? That’s crazy stuff..

Whenever I eat out too much, I start feeling so weighed down and my appetite is zapped. I love how our bodies naturally know when we’ve had too much of a bad thing!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Vegan Baked Eggplant

8 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 27, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I’ve been looking for cinnamon raisin bagel thins everywhere.. to no avail. They sound so good!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Sick Days

9 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 27, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Good for you, girl!! Eating out is so tempting on the run, but what I’ve found is that in the long run, packing your own food is actually MUCH faster. There’s no deciding what to get, waiting for it to be prepared, and paying. Plus, it’s healthier and cheaper!! Winnnnn :)
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Just Like Your Momma Made ‘Em

10 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 27, 2011 at 11:08 pm

I tried those TRX bands at my gym. They are so hard!!

11 Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food June 27, 2011 at 11:10 pm

What a crazy busy day, especially with all the driving, but it looks like everything you did was a blast! :-D
Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food recently posted..Fitness Focus: Jazzercise

12 Lindsey June 27, 2011 at 11:22 pm

I honestly love packing meals to go as much as eating out sometimes! Reminds me of school when my Mom would pack my lunch and I would be excited to see what was in it! Except now I already know ;) haha
Lindsey recently posted..Phytochemical, say what!?

13 Courtney June 27, 2011 at 11:37 pm

TRX looks like a lot of fun!! :D
Courtney recently posted..The Dessert Cart

14 Katy (The Singing Runner) June 27, 2011 at 11:58 pm

I’ve seen TRX at my gym! Looks so hardcore!!! :)
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Anything You Can Do…

15 Natasha June 28, 2011 at 12:22 am

I’ve been doing TRX for several months now and I love it. It gets pretty addicting! Enjoy!
Natasha recently posted..OOTD: Without a Trace

16 Bee Goes Bananas June 28, 2011 at 12:23 am

Sounds like a very packed, but super fun day! Everyday that ends in ice ream must be a good one! ;)

17 TheHungeredOne @ MovingandMunching June 28, 2011 at 1:12 am

You are so crazy amazing – seriously. I hope I can do an Ironman one day! You are quite a motivator. :) I enjoy hearing about all these new workouts and such!

18 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] June 28, 2011 at 2:12 am

Can’t wait to see more about your class! Looks cool!
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..summer in Verdun

19 Grace June 28, 2011 at 2:21 am

Whew girl! That sounds tiring! Love your thrifty attitude! I need to pack my food more often!
Grace recently posted..Keeping it Classy.

20 Emily @ Life on Food June 28, 2011 at 6:00 am

I have wanted to try a TRX class for a while. None seem to be close by. I heard you get some killer arms.
Emily @ Life on Food recently posted..Prepping for the Week

21 Dina@DinaRuns June 28, 2011 at 6:16 am

Eating out can be so difficult especially if is lunch time. I normally bring lunch to work but see the food my coworkers buy and some eat so much fast food (for breakfast and lunch), they must feel like crap all day.

Love when you have new workout places to review! Being local, it’s nice to get an idea of what’s out there.
Dina@DinaRuns recently posted..Weekly Workouts

22 Christine @ Burning It Off June 28, 2011 at 6:35 am

I’ve been curious about TRX for awhile; they recently started offering it at my gym. Not sure if you have to pay extra for it or not. If it’s free, I would definitely give it a try but it does look like a tough workout.
Christine @ Burning It Off recently posted..Family BBQ – Guilt-Free Edition

23 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups June 28, 2011 at 6:38 am

I’ve been wanting to check out Credo! It’s such a great concept.
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Eating in: pea pesto

24 Lauren June 28, 2011 at 6:47 am

Wow, it’s crazy that you are probably MORE BUSY now than when you had a scheduled 40 hour workweek. But busy in such a good way! :)
Lauren recently posted..Betta’ With Feta

25 Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit June 28, 2011 at 7:06 am

haha This totally addresses my “you eat out a lot” comment. Congrats on being motivated enough to pack!! And I’m dying for my gym to get TRX. Soon hopefully!
Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit recently posted..Finding Motivation

26 Ali @ Ali Runs June 28, 2011 at 7:21 am

Wow, girl! You sure know how to pack a lot in one day! ;) Can’t wait to read more about the Savage Race!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Sweaty Spin and New Book

27 Hillary June 28, 2011 at 7:25 am

TRX is INCREDIBLE! And yes, you will absolutely be sore today ; )
Hillary recently posted..Kitchen Sink Deliciousness

28 Hope June 28, 2011 at 8:18 am

Wow, what a busy day! It looked like you had fun though and that is the most important thing! :) That TRX class looks interesting and hard!
Hope recently posted..Quench Your Thirst….

29 Katie @ cooklaughmove June 28, 2011 at 8:27 am

I”m hooked on TRX! Why else would I get up at 4:50 am twice a week and go to a class with an instructor I can’t stand? Oh yeah – for the burn!!! I’ve done it consistently since November and love it!
Katie @ cooklaughmove recently posted..Pizza fueled run

30 Carolina June 28, 2011 at 8:31 am

Was TRX the station Saperia has at their gym? I remember seeing something that looked similar to your pics when we were at Saperia for Blogger Bootcamp. It looks intense! Looking forward to the episode :)
Carolina recently posted..4-Hour Body: Week 2.

31 Meghann June 28, 2011 at 10:56 am

Yes! The first time I saw TRX was when Ryan was doing it at Saperia. It was really fun – you should check out a class! :)

32 Lauren June 28, 2011 at 9:17 am

Can’t wait to see nthis episode! I don’t know where to take a TRX class near me but I’ve heard good things!
Lauren recently posted..Commercial Break

33 Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers June 28, 2011 at 9:32 am

Whew, from the title of this post I thought it was going to be a major downer. Glad no one died in your TRX class!!

Looks like a cool class, though, my buddy just tried some TRX class challenge yesterday and rocked it OUT. Then again, my buddy is maybe in the best shape of her life, so that might not be exactly how I’d deal with it. Still, always looks hardcore.
Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Flat Outs and French Toast

34 Cait's Plate June 28, 2011 at 9:42 am

TRX looks so fun! I’ve seen some other bloggers doing it and always been super curious to try myself!

That bowl of ice cream looks like the PERFECT ending to a crazy day :)

35 Mary June 28, 2011 at 9:43 am

trx looks fun! I’m excited to see your episode on it :)
Mary recently posted..Operation Save $$

36 Alyssa June 28, 2011 at 10:00 am

I’ve been eating out so much lately! Whenver my bf comes to visit we like to take “date night” to the extreme. But since he found out he’s gluten free, we’ve been making homemade pizzas and such at home. My goal this week is to make everything at home too!

37 Faith @ lovelyascharged June 28, 2011 at 10:11 am

Thank you for sharing that restaurant – I can’t wait to try it out next time I make a trip down in that direction!

38 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun June 28, 2011 at 11:03 am

I want to try TRX so bad but it intimadates me soooo much.

And I’m glad I’m not the only one who loves eggs atop toast with jelly. People I know say that’s “weird”. I say sweet + savory = perfection.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Two-A-Days

39 Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) June 28, 2011 at 11:16 am

TRX looks pretty hardcore!
Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) recently posted..Off to a Rough Start