My Sunday in Food

by Meghann on June 26, 2011

Good Evening!

Sorry, I disappeared today. I was doing repair work on the Healthy Living Summit website and ended up both pulling my hair out and thanking baby Jesus at the same time. The site still isn’t 100% at where it should be, but at least it’s there, people can see it, and it’s working. πŸ™‚

I slept in at my parent’s place this morning and woke up to homemade waffles by Dad.

My Dad makes the best waffles. No question.

I topped my waffle with fresh cherries, cantaloupe, granola, and a drizzle of syrup.

We left my parents around noon and stopped in Celebration for lunch.

We found a cute little tavern downtown that had a New England flair.

I ordered the Tomato and Mozzarella Salad

Which had big, beautiful slices of tomato and mozzarella with a drizzle of balsamic reduction

And a corn muffin on the side.

The drive home was quick (probably because I spent the majority of it sleeping. πŸ˜‰ )

A couple of pretzels with mustard occupied my mouth as I worked the the Healthy Living Summit website once we got home.

Tacos were on the menu for dinner tonight.

Want to know a really easy way to make refried beans? Toss a can of black beans in the food processor, add some seasoning, press grind and you’re good to go. πŸ™‚

My tacos also contained sauteed zucchini, yellow squash, and onion, tomato, spinach and plain yogurt.

Delish. πŸ™‚

I better enjoy the rest of my weekend while it’s still here.

Good Night!

1 kalli June 26, 2011 at 8:52 pm

wow i am gonna try that trick with the beans…..your tacos look great!
kalli recently posted..Restaurant Quality Salad

2 Dori June 26, 2011 at 8:53 pm

The tacos look delicious!
Dori recently posted..Marathon Charity Raffle – Core Fusion & Yoga 10-Class Pack

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 26, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Today. Looked. Delicious.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..how i do β€œit” – healthy eating

4 Kelly @foodiefresh June 26, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I always put plain yogurt or plain Greek yogurt on my tacos too. Who needs sour cream when you have yogurt, right?
Kelly @foodiefresh recently posted..Will & Amy’s wedding

5 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers June 26, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I feel like if someone had suggested yogurt on tacos 4 years ago, everyone would’ve looked at them in total disbelief.

We’ve come so far in this day and age.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Six Pack Sunday: Snakes and Shades

6 Hilary June 26, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Your Sunday in food looks AMAZING! Wish someone had made me waffles!
Hilary recently posted..I fit a whole state in the oven!

7 Lauri (Redheadrecipes.com) June 26, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Your ‘Sunday in Food’ looks Delish!! I want those tacos!!!
Lauri (Redheadrecipes.com) recently posted..Fooducate Yourself!

8 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups June 26, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Love Celebration Towne Tavern! That corn muffin looks good!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Sweet!

9 Sana June 26, 2011 at 9:41 pm

I never really even knew how refried beans were made, LOL
Sana recently posted..I <3 Columbia

10 Mrs. Fish June 26, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I love the idea of mustard and the pretzels! πŸ™‚
Mrs. Fish recently posted..The One With Our Meat Free Challenge

11 Ali @ Ali Runs June 26, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Your salad looks awesome–I love tomatoes! Maddie’s pink leash is very cute! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Weekend in Pittsburgh

12 Carissa June 26, 2011 at 10:02 pm

We eat at the Town Tavern a lot. They have good salads and their chicken appetizer is a good clean meal!
Sorry about the site trouble! Remember, “this too shall pass”
Carissa recently posted..Prepare to succeed

13 Nina June 26, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Love your blog, Meghann! (and your strange food combinations) πŸ™‚ I hate to be “that person” in the comments, but I think a lot of your readers would appreciate it if you’d capitalize “Jesus” πŸ™‚ Thanks for the great posts–your attitude about health is inspiring!

14 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 26, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Drooling. No shame.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..As we go on, we remember….

15 Alison @ The Peacock Diaries June 26, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I <3 <3 <3 Celebration! When I came to Orlando on vacation as a kid, we stayed at a hotel right across US 192 so I watched it being built!

I'm a city girl at heart, but the idea of a perfect, small town with a real Main Street, USA is really intriguing. I hope to live there one day (and eat many of those tomato/mozz salads!).

16 Ashlyn June 26, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Hi Meghann!
I’m just curious if Derek eats everything you make? Does he like it too? I just ask because when I eat strange combinations like that, my fiancee will order take out!

17 Meghann June 27, 2011 at 10:46 am

He eats most things I make. If it’s too weird I warn him ahead of time and tell him he’s on his own for dinner. I usually take it as a compliment if he gets seconds, like last night’s dinner! πŸ™‚

18 Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food June 26, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Umm, can your dad come to my house and make me a waffle? That looked like the best thing ever! πŸ™‚

19 courtney (pancakes and postcards) June 27, 2011 at 12:13 am

i love the pretzels on your blog. i’ve found multiple bars here that serve pretzel bites–freshly cooked soft pretzels chopped into bite sized pieces and served with amazing mustard–it’s almost TOO much!
courtney (pancakes and postcards) recently posted..Reflections: on half a year of β€œThe Pescatarian Project”

20 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 27, 2011 at 12:44 am

Mmmm, tacos! My parents had tacos tonight πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Cook By the Book

21 Khushboo June 27, 2011 at 12:52 am

Wow that salad at lunch looks fab- 10 points for presentation (and i won’t be surprised if taste warrants another 10 points!)
Khushboo recently posted..Do healthy YOUR way

22 Alex June 27, 2011 at 4:10 am

The food looks delicious! What’s up with those orange tomatoes? I start to see them everywhere lately, never really noticed them before.
Alex recently posted..Taking it to the streets

23 Meghann June 27, 2011 at 10:47 am

I’m not sure either, but they’re really pretty. πŸ™‚

24 Freya June 27, 2011 at 5:58 am

This sounds like a superdim question, but are your pretzels soft like bread on the inside, or crunchy? I have never had a pretzel, but on the outside they look crisp, but soft on the inside..i’m confused! :s
Freya recently posted..That Annoying Sunday Post

25 Meghann June 27, 2011 at 10:48 am

My Dad calls them ‘pretzels that can chip your teeth.’ They’re hard and crunchy, but I like them that way. πŸ™‚

26 Dina@DinaRuns June 27, 2011 at 6:06 am

I love the Celebration Town Tavern! My husband and I are both from CT, so finding a local place where we can get steamers and a lobster roll is so nice. Plus they have a huge beer list.
Dina@DinaRuns recently posted..Weekly Workouts

27 Lauren June 27, 2011 at 7:03 am

Holy cow, you had one amazing day of eats! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Celebrate We Will

28 Halley (Blunder Construction) June 27, 2011 at 8:11 am

Can barely see the waffle under all those toppings! Every tried yogurt on a waffle?

29 Meghann June 27, 2011 at 10:48 am

I am the QUEEN of yogurt on waffles! πŸ˜‰

30 Hope June 27, 2011 at 8:16 am

Yum! Those waffles look so good! πŸ™‚ Oh, and so do the tacos!! Lots of great eats in this post! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Quote Me On That…

31 Cait's Plate June 27, 2011 at 9:26 am

That looks like a pretty delicious Sunday!

Love that picture of Maddie πŸ™‚

32 Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) June 27, 2011 at 10:49 am

That salad looks delicious!
Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) recently posted..Feel the Fusion and Figs

33 Alice D. August 12, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Wow so much great food on one day.
I love those waffles, I bet if I would be able to make them, I would make them every day. πŸ˜€
Alice D. recently posted..Low Mortgage Rates Are Too Hard To Get