Productive Morning

by Meghann on June 23, 2011

Good Morning!

Do you know what makes for a good morning? Sleeping in, an extra long walk with Maddie, and getting a few chores out of the way before the day begins.

I’m hitting the track tonight with the Tampa Tri Team, so it was nice to have my morning free instead of squeezing in my usual morning work out. Maddie and I had a nice long walk around the neighborhood and I got in a load of laundry, some dishes, and even ordered a couple of wedding presents with the free time. Win. Win.

Once the chores were out of the way, I grabbed a mug and made a breakfast parfait.

The last time I used this mug for a parfait Derek made a big stink about not including a shot of the Cayman Islands badge on the front.

Happy babe? 😉 (Cayman Islanders Represent!)

Anyways, the parfait was layers of: Lemon Chobani, Granola, Blue Berries, and Strawberries.

IMG_7770.jpg

With the special addition of chocolate chips on top.

Chocolate Chips = Love!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

1 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life June 23, 2011 at 9:48 am

I was actually planning on having a lemon Chobani + blueberries with lunch today. It’s one of my favorite combos! But I love your addition of the chocolate chips. Noted. 😉

2 Lee @ in the pink of condition June 23, 2011 at 9:49 am

OMG this breakfast looks A-MAAAA-ZING! Can you come to NYC and live with me and make me breakfast every day?! hehe xoxo

3 laura June 23, 2011 at 9:49 am

I’ve only ever made one parfait & you’ve just reminded me that I should have another. thanks for the breakfast idea.
laura recently posted..I’m Radioactive

4 Hope June 23, 2011 at 9:51 am

Delicious looking breakfast parfait! I love the addition of the chocolate chips on top! 🙂
Hope recently posted..Cupcakes &amp A Trip to Maryland…

5 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 23, 2011 at 9:55 am

Any bfast that starts with chocolate chips is a good one!

6 Molly June 23, 2011 at 9:55 am

Derek is right. Cayman Islands needs some recognition! They have an awesome food and wine event every January. And by awesome, I mean something out of a dream. Lunch with Anthony Bourdain? Cooking paella with Jose Andres on the beach? YES PLEASE. I think you and Derek should go this year, and we will party!
Molly recently posted..Good food- good people- good times –

7 melissa (fitnessnyc) June 23, 2011 at 9:59 am

looks delicious!
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Is Running Getting Harder

8 Khushboo June 23, 2011 at 10:00 am

I’ve become addicted to adding a few Choc chips to breakfast!…and I used to think breakfast couldn’t get any better 🙂
Khushboo recently posted..My dirty little secret

9 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food June 23, 2011 at 10:03 am

haha! Derek is too funny 😛

I agree that chocolatea anything = love
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Moving Stress- NaturaStride- and Picky Bar Love

10 Faith @ lovelyascharged June 23, 2011 at 10:06 am

I have yet to try the Lemon Chobani – I think it’s pretty much the only flavor I haven’t tried yet! Is it fat free or 2 percent?
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..MINE

11 Meghann June 23, 2011 at 11:37 am

It’s Fat Free

12 michelle June 23, 2011 at 10:09 am

I normally stick to plain chobani but think I am going to try some other flavors. What’s your fav?
michelle recently posted..I Want To Try… a Tri

13 Meghann June 23, 2011 at 11:37 am

Lemon is my current fave, but it changes with the seasons 🙂

14 Ashley @ the fit academic June 23, 2011 at 10:17 am

Can you believe I have STILL never tried the lemon flavored Chobani?! They don’t carry it at my store! It sounds amazing with this fruit blend!
Ashley @ the fit academic recently posted..Nuts for Berries

15 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun June 23, 2011 at 10:31 am

Lemon yogurt plus berries and granola is one of my fave snacks right now. How does the choc chips pair with it?
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Hearty Father’s Day

16 Meghann June 23, 2011 at 11:38 am

I think the chocolate chips make a great addition to anything. I approve. 🙂

17 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio June 23, 2011 at 10:34 am

The first thing I noticed where the chocolate chips…. is that bad? I just love chocolate.
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Weekly Plan- June 20-26

18 Sana June 23, 2011 at 10:48 am

Chocolate chips makes the world a better place to live in!

19 Hilary June 23, 2011 at 11:17 am

Mug parfaits = so classy! And nice addition of the chocolate chips.

20 Wendi @ A Southern Yogi June 23, 2011 at 11:18 am

I don’t think I’ve seen the lemon chobani. How is that? It sounds good so I might have to try it. What type of chocolate chips do you use?
Wendi @ A Southern Yogi recently posted..What Im Loving Wednesday

21 Meghann June 23, 2011 at 11:38 am

THey’re the Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Chips. I think they were on sale at Publix a while back

22 Laura @ Backstage Pass June 23, 2011 at 11:24 am

Aww, is that one of Derek’s favorite mugs? Too funny about the logo!
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Vacation!

23 Meghann June 23, 2011 at 2:25 pm

It does rank up there. He has dual citizenship in the Cayman Islands, so it has always held a special place in his heart.

24 Laura @ Backstage Pass June 23, 2011 at 2:29 pm

That’s really cool! How exotic 🙂
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Vacation!

25 Monika June 23, 2011 at 11:24 am

Is Derek from the Cayman Islands?

Choco chips for b-fast are so delicious because they seem like a forbidden fruit..
Monika recently posted..Trick or Treat Tuesday

26 Meghann June 23, 2011 at 11:39 am

He is not, but he has a lot of family that lives there.

27 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers June 23, 2011 at 11:50 am

I bet your night was so much more restful with air conditioning!!

Productivity skyrockets!!
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Six Pack Sunday

28 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health June 23, 2011 at 11:54 am

Oooo that looks mighty delicious. Do you like the lemon chobani? I need to try it!

29 Meghann June 23, 2011 at 2:25 pm

YES! The Lemon is my favorite Chobani flavor!

30 Kelly @foodiefresh June 23, 2011 at 11:58 am

Ha! I’m glad to know that my signficant other is not the only one who likes to give me constructive criticism about the blog. My guy always tells me that it looks better if my titles are short so they stay on the top line and I tell him he’s constraining my creativity. haha. 🙂
Kelly @foodiefresh recently posted..Sugar detox day 6

31 Andrea @ Onion in My Hair June 23, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Love that lemon Chobani! It’s hit or miss at my store…but when it’s there I stock up!

I am determined to find a baking recipe for it – so yummy!
Andrea @ Onion in My Hair recently posted..The Only Guac Recipe You Will Ever Need

32 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 23, 2011 at 1:08 pm

How’s chobani lemon with chocolate chips??? That sounds kind of interesting, but I’m afraid that the tart yogurt would ruin my favorite chocolate flavor!

LOL I’m sure you’ve redeemed yourself in Derek’s eyes 😉
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Protein Power

33 Meghann June 23, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I’m a fan of tart yogurt with chocolate chips, so I’m probably not the best person to ask. In my opinion chocolate chips go with everything. 🙂

34 Courtney June 23, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Yay for Cayman!! I love it there 😀 😀
Courtney recently posted..Amazing Blogger Award!

35 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 23, 2011 at 1:20 pm

mmmm choc chips! YUMM 🙂

36 Amy @ Conquering Self June 23, 2011 at 1:21 pm

yup…now I’m gonna have to make that! Looks delicious! And I looooove the Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips…but they are usually too expensive for me to justify buying…totally hear ya on snagging them while they are on sale!
Amy @ Conquering Self recently posted..Possible Triathlete

37 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 23, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I have the day off, but I am not nearly as productive as you!

38 Emily @ Savory and Savage June 23, 2011 at 2:13 pm

That parfait looks great! I am going to have to try some of the lemon Chobani.

Congrats on getting you AC fixed.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Easy no-cook meal

39 Heather June 23, 2011 at 2:22 pm

that looks so good! I love fruit, especially in the summer, I just have to have it!

40 Mac June 23, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I love making parfaits, they are so tasty and satisfying!
Mac recently posted..Guest Post- Importance of Refueling

41 Lauren @ Team Giles June 23, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I’m kinda really wanting a parfait for dinner now 😉
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..Return of Q&A Time

42 Ali @ Ali Runs June 23, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I love that you added chocolate chips to your breakfast! I need to start doing that 😉
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- Running Quotes

43 Kayla @ Sprouty Buns June 23, 2011 at 10:18 pm

I must try the lemon Chobani! I am a huge fan of both lemon and Chobani – why I haven’t connected the two yet is beyond me!? I need to get in all the yogurt parfaits I can this summer until its back to warm oatmeal in the winter 🙂