Feeling Good

by Meghann on June 22, 2011

Good Morning!

And Happy Hump Day!

It’s been a good hump day so far:

• I’m down to the second to last set of work outs on the NROLFW plan (meaning less reps/higher weights) and am really starting to feel the burn.
  • The AC guy is coming today to replace our unit (FINALLY!)
  • I get to see baby Patrick for lunch….. oh, and I get to hang out with Callie too!!

How’s it going in your neck of the woods?

I came home from the gym and went straight to the kitchen for a bowl of cereal.

In the bowl

• 1/2 cup Multigrain Cheerios
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Wheat
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Golden Goddess
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Dried Fruit

It was berry-riffic (hehe)

Some other things I’m loving right now

1 Fit Chick Britt June 22, 2011 at 9:35 am

Things are going good in Houston, finally getting some rain! I’ve been looking for that tank everywhere!! Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

2 Sarah June 22, 2011 at 9:36 am

I love that target running tank too! I like that it’s not tight around the middle. Tight tops can sometimes get super uncomfortable while running.

I have a presentation that I have to do for my public speaking class today.. yikes!! I’m nervous!

3 Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers June 22, 2011 at 9:37 am

Thank GOODNESS I’m not the only one who’s hooked on Switched at Birth. Goodness, ABC Family, how do you keep pumping out these ridiculous/addicting shows?!@#
Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Six Pack Sunday

4 Dori June 22, 2011 at 9:37 am

I’ve got to get to Target one day (hard in Manhattan) for that line of workout gear — I’ve heard so many good things and my friend works on their advertising!
Dori recently posted..Focus On- Core Fusion at The Fitnessista

5 Meghann June 22, 2011 at 9:43 am

That’s a cool friend to have!

6 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 22, 2011 at 9:37 am

Unfortunately, my morning was off to a slow start. I still don’t feel awake!!! I think I need a yogurt bowl like yours to really wake me up…
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..A Run- At Last

7 Ashlyn June 22, 2011 at 9:39 am

My day is going GREAT!!!! I got engaged last night!

8 Meghann June 22, 2011 at 9:44 am

WHAT?!?!? CONGRATS!!!

9 Dani June 22, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Congrats!!!

10 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 22, 2011 at 9:40 am

Omg, I have been looking for those tanks in Target forever! Totally ordering some! thanks for the heads up.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Bloggers Greek festival

11 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 22, 2011 at 9:40 am

What do you do when you finish the NROLfW workouts?

12 Meghann June 22, 2011 at 9:45 am

I have a go on the stretch machine. Is that what you meant?

13 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 22, 2011 at 9:47 am

I mean, you said you were on the second last set of workouts. What is the plan when you’ve gone through all the workouts? Do you start again?

14 Meghann June 22, 2011 at 9:49 am

Oh. πŸ™‚ Well I’m almost done with the workouts for stage 1. The plan has 8 stages in total that should take a total of 6 months to complete.

15 stephanie June 22, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Hey Meghann,
Im planning on starting NROLFW soon and was curious, how do you feel after almost finishing Stage 1? Do you notice any differences?
stephanie recently posted..See You Soon!

16 Meghann June 22, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Hi Stephanie,

I plan to do a full breakdown when I’m finish with Stage 1, but I’m really enjoying it. I can see the difference in my arms and I actually feel stronger too.

17 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 22, 2011 at 9:41 am

YAY for the AC repair, and I’m so jealous of your holiday coming up! Happy Humpday!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..I Heart Summer

18 michelle June 22, 2011 at 9:42 am

Cute workout shirt. I normally stick to Nike or Under Armour but that gets expensive
michelle recently posted..To Rock n Roll… or not

19 Pamela June 22, 2011 at 9:46 am

Omg, Switched at Birth. So good. Between that and Pretty Little Liars, I’ve turned into an ABC Family addict!

20 Kara June 22, 2011 at 9:47 am

I was just eyeing that tank yesterday! I was wondering if it was worth 20 bucks and if the billowy bottom would make people think I was gestating. πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Slippery slope

21 Meghann June 22, 2011 at 11:30 am

Not at all! It’s sooooo COMFY!

22 Kelly June 22, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I think it depends on the person, so be careful. I didn’t *think* it looked that maternity-esque on me either, but the first time I had it on in front of my boyfriend, the FIRST think out of his mouth was “is there something you want to tell me?!?” I had a few other people make comments too (and I’m tiny, nor was I sporting a food baby or anything). Such a letdown because it really is a comfortable top. Oh well.

23 Ashley @ the fit academic June 22, 2011 at 9:49 am

I love getting running gear from Target! Never seen this tank before, I’ll have to check out my local store and see if they’ve got them in!
Ashley @ the fit academic recently posted..Shred the Fat- Cut the Hair

24 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food June 22, 2011 at 9:50 am

ahhck! I am so jealous of your Island Vacay! πŸ˜›
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Moving Stress- NaturaStride- and Picky Bar Love

25 Kimberly @ The Sweet Runner June 22, 2011 at 9:50 am

What a delicious bowl of yummy goodness! If I knew that was at home waiting for me I might be speeding through my workout at the gym :).

26 Mrs. Fish June 22, 2011 at 9:53 am

I love Switched at Birth!
Mrs. Fish recently posted..The One With My Grandma’s Watergate Salad

27 Hannah (Running In Freedom) June 22, 2011 at 9:54 am

I saw those, and they are next on my list. I also like the simple t shirt ones for only ten bucks!
And I’m totally glued to ABC family from 8 to 10 on Mondays πŸ˜‰
Hannah (Running In Freedom) recently posted..Random Recap

28 Carly D. @ CarlyBananas June 22, 2011 at 9:59 am

Oooh, I love Champion workout clothes. I’ll have to make a stop at Target this weekend πŸ™‚

29 Lee @ in the pink of condition June 22, 2011 at 10:06 am

About 2.5 years ago, I switched from lifting lighter weights to lifting heavier weights with fewer reps, and I have never turned back! It is seriously the best way to build muscle and scorch remaining fat. I swear by it πŸ™‚ Do you enjoy it too?
Lee @ in the pink of condition recently posted..Sunday Blog Updates!

30 Meghann June 22, 2011 at 11:31 am

Love it! Plus the shorter reps make the workouts fly by much faster πŸ™‚

31 evelyne June 22, 2011 at 10:18 am

I’ve been eyeing that Target Tank for a while – is the built in bra good enough? or do you wear a sports bra underneath?

32 Amy June 22, 2011 at 11:19 am

I can only speak for myself, but I’m about a 34C and feel comfortable in just the tank. It’s made of the same material as the C9 sports bras.
Amy recently posted..springtime goals review

33 Meghann June 22, 2011 at 11:32 am

I agree with Amy. I’m a 34B/C too and I usually get away without wearing an extra sports bra on my runs. It’s really comfortable and supportive.

34 Elisabeth June 22, 2011 at 10:22 am

Ehhh…not so great here this morning. The electricity is out…too warm for that. Glad you will be getting the AC back!

35 Hope June 22, 2011 at 10:22 am

I love watching ABC Family! I am hooked on Secret Life, Pretty Little Liars, Switched at Birth, Chole King and Melissa and Joey!! Such good shows on there! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Cupcakes &amp A Trip to Maryland…

36 Tomboy Fashionista - Kendra June 22, 2011 at 10:51 am

I love this tank too!! (And Switched at Birth). they sell a very very similar one of the Champion Apparel website, and they have several colors in the outlet for $17.99. I just ordered 2 last night πŸ™‚
Tomboy Fashionista – Kendra recently posted..eShakti Customer of the Week!!

37 Monika @ Powered by Paprika June 22, 2011 at 10:54 am

I’m totally obsessed with Target running clothes– love their sports bras!
Monika @ Powered by Paprika recently posted..11 Miles Later…

38 Hillary June 22, 2011 at 10:56 am

Going great in my neck of the woods—last day of school!! A teacher’s dream!
Hillary recently posted..A Baking Storm

39 Carolyn @ Eat Well.Live Well.Be Well June 22, 2011 at 10:59 am

It is an awesome day indeed. Started with body flow this morning, a yummy smoothie, and work is moving along!

Question re: Target tank…. would it make me look preggers? Or just cover up any trouble areas? The later is awesome. πŸ˜‰

Enjoy the rest of your day! Hello to Callie.
Carolyn @ Eat Well.Live Well.Be Well recently posted..Dear Dad-

40 Meghann June 22, 2011 at 11:33 am

Check my photos out from the Iron Girl Half http://mealsandmiles.com/2011/04/10/iron-girl-half-marathon/ Do I look preggers?!?! Nope (at least I hope not!) Can you see an inch of belly from my shirt riding up? Nope < - and that's why I LOVE this shirt! πŸ™‚

41 Carolyn @ Eat Well.Live Well.Be Well June 22, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Definitely not looking preggers, but long and lean!

I notice the sports bra underneath. Is that a must?
Carolyn @ Eat Well.Live Well.Be Well recently posted..Dear Dad-

42 Amy June 22, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I said above to another girl who asked the same question – I can only speak for myself, but I don’t need an extra sports bra. I’m about a 34C. It’s SUCH a cute and comfortable top.
Amy recently posted..springtime goals review

43 Meghann June 22, 2011 at 5:09 pm

That was my first time wearing the top in a race, so I wore a sports bra ‘just in case.’ Usually I go without though!

44 natasha June 22, 2011 at 11:09 am

I used to do this all the time in my dining halls. They’d have runny scrambled eggs and bad bread, but their fruit would always be decent and people would never touch the plain cereals. It’s a good way to take advantage of dining halls..
natasha recently posted..Dont Underestimate the Egg

45 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather June 22, 2011 at 11:39 am

I need to find that running tank! I’m always searching for new ones.

46 Halley (Blunder Construction) June 22, 2011 at 12:13 pm

My hump day has been flying by… office renovations so everyone is tearing up their cubicles. I found about 1000 post card with pre-paid 23 cent stamps. Useless, right? Yay for AC!

47 amyt @ Chicken Nugget Momma June 22, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Glad they are finally fixing your AC!!!! It has been so flipping HOT in FL!!!!
amyt @ Chicken Nugget Momma recently posted..That night

48 Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) June 22, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Ooo, I love Switched at Birth!! I’m also kind of obsessed with Secret Life and have been watching every episode on Netflix. πŸ™‚
Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) recently posted..Favors

49 Sarah for Real June 22, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I just started reading NROLFW and noticed how much emphasis he puts on protein! It’s intimidating because I’ve never been a big meat eater. I noticed you aren’t eating (or at least you’re not blogging about) the protein intense meals he suggests, how is that working for you?
Sarah for Real recently posted..Worst Blogger Eva

50 Meghann June 22, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I struggle with getting enough protein. I purchased some Chocolate Whey Protein from Whole Foods and have been trying to sneak it in when I can, but it’s difficult to keep track. I’ve also upped my egg and meat protein to make it a little easier.

51 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio June 22, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I’ve heard switched at birth is fantastic! I’ve got to watch it.
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Weekly Plan- June 20-26

52 Ashlyn June 22, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Can I ask what size tank you get? I usually go a size bigger in work out clothes, but i’m not sure how this tank runs size wise! Yes, this is my second time commenting on this post! πŸ™‚

53 Meghann June 22, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I have both medium and small, but I prefer the medium because it’s a little roomier and comfier.

54 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 22, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Yep, today is going to be a good one!

55 Hayley @ Hayley Daily June 22, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Yum! Your breakfast looks so delicious! πŸ™‚
Hayley @ Hayley Daily recently posted..Inspiration Wednesday

56 MorgzSyd June 22, 2011 at 2:08 pm

SWITCHED AT BIRTH IS LIKE MY FAVORITE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

57 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 22, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Target makes awesome running clothes! They make a t shirt for ten bucks that I love for running πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Just Beet It

58 Bridget June 22, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I love those running tank tops too!!!! My favorite.
Bridget recently posted..I’m back in black

59 Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs June 22, 2011 at 2:36 pm

LOVE those shirts! I now have it in 5 colors – I think I might need to pick up the turquoise πŸ™‚ I love regardless of how sweaty you get, it doesn’t stick to you.

I haven’t been able to get into an ABC Family show since Greek. So sad that ended πŸ™
Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs recently posted..33 Years Ago…

60 May - So Very Domestic June 22, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Yum yum yum!! I love piling all my freshest berries in a bowl with yogurt and cereal and calling it breakfast – or lunch or dinner lol.

61 Stephanie F. June 22, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Hooray for the AC problem being fixed finally!

Thank you for inspiring my new breakfast choice. I started eating cereal with yogurt, strawberries & blueberries. YUM!

62 Emily June 25, 2011 at 12:57 am

I watched an episode of switched at birth ‘by accident’ last weekend. So good!! I don’t let myself watch those shows because I know I will be hooked. What IS it with those ABC family shows??
Come to Seattle. No need for AC here. Heat kicked on last night so that means the house was colder than 62 degrees last night. I hate the cold and rain : ( You probably don’t want to hear my complaining.
Emily recently posted..pasta sauce, post-its, nectarines, NPR

63 MorgzSyd June 25, 2011 at 8:59 am