Maddie Loves Her Oats

by Meghann on June 21, 2011

Good Morning!

They say all the best art is hung in the bathroom, right?

IMG_0213.jpg

After testing my new painting on every wall in the condo, Derek and I concluded it looked best over the toilet in the second bathroom. I hope our future guests enjoy my art. πŸ™‚

Tuesdays are my back-to-back mornings (aka one hour of spin followed by thirty minutes of running).

It seems lately I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing different spin instructors every time I take a class and today was no different. Fortunately I loved this instructor. She was tough, but in a hurt so good sort of way. I enjoyed her music – classic 90s Alanis Morissette always knocks my socks off – and she was kickin’ butt the whole time on her bike. Loved the constant motivation!

I left the gym extra sweaty and spent. ‘Twas a good work out. πŸ™‚

Overnight Oats were waiting upon my return home.

Love overnight oats – not sure why I’ve gone so long without them lately. It’s really the ideal summer breakfast – cold, filling, and extra mushy.

In the mix:

• 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
  • Plain Yogurt
  • The last bit of Vanilla Peanut Butter
  • Raisins
  • Chia Seeds
  • Cinnamon
  • Almond Milk

On top:

• Granola
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries

I’m not the only fan either.

Maddie loves the extra licks of overnight oats too. πŸ™‚

1 Dori June 21, 2011 at 10:33 am

I love your art! It really does look pretty over the toilet too. Much better than anything I could have ever painted.
Dori recently posted..Focus On- Core Fusion at The Fitnessista

2 michelle June 21, 2011 at 10:39 am

Whenever I use peanut butter or granola, my dog is always panting at my feet wanting to gobble it up.
michelle recently posted..Vancouver USA Marathon Race Recap

3 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles June 21, 2011 at 10:43 am

Your painting looks great in the bathroom! You did such a great job – so impressed. πŸ™‚
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Weekend and a Winner

4 Monika @ Powered by Paprika June 21, 2011 at 10:47 am

What kind of granola is that??
Monika @ Powered by Paprika recently posted..11 Miles Later…

5 Meghann June 21, 2011 at 1:42 pm

It’s Back to Nature Cranberry Clusters.

6 BroccoliHut June 21, 2011 at 10:49 am

I wonder if Margot would like oats too…the only “people food” I’ve given her so far are watermelon and sweet potatoes, and she went wild for both!

7 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 21, 2011 at 10:50 am

When my dog sees any kind of peanut/almond butter jar in my hands she immediately starts freaking out. It’s too cute NOT to give it to her πŸ™‚
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Bloggers Greek festival

8 Christine June 21, 2011 at 10:54 am

Hmmmm… I never thought to working out to Alanis. I could see a little female angst being motivating.
Christine recently posted..If There is a God

9 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 21, 2011 at 10:57 am

I haven’t listened to Alanis in SO long! I remember my dad and I went CD shopping once when I was about 8, and he bought me her Jagged Little Pill album. I put it on at home (classic 2nd song – You Oughtta Know) and my mum was horrified!!!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..I Heart Summer

10 Mrs. Fish June 21, 2011 at 11:00 am

My Maddie dog loves overnight oats too! πŸ™‚
Alanis was my first CD ever back in the day!
Mrs. Fish recently posted..The One With My Grandma’s Watergate Salad

11 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 21, 2011 at 11:00 am

I really need to get on the overnight oats too. I have two almost empty jars of nut butter! Glad you finally had a spin instructor you like! Does your gym post the instructors for that week’s classes??
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Figuring It Out

12 Meghann June 21, 2011 at 1:43 pm

They do. That’s how I’m learning to avoid the ones I’m not the biggest fan of.

13 Samantha June 21, 2011 at 11:05 am

I LOVE working out to Alanis! I need to put more of her tunes back on my spinning playlist πŸ™‚
Samantha recently posted..Why I Relay

14 Sana June 21, 2011 at 11:05 am

Fitness instructors are hit or miss, I know some people don’t like my style of teaching, but it’s nothing personal. Everyone has something that they like. So glad you found a class that you like.
Sana recently posted..The Elbow Diet

15 Hope June 21, 2011 at 11:11 am

I really love that painting! It’s very impressive! πŸ™‚ Those overnight oats look soo good. I’m praying that I have an empty nut jar so that I make some overnight oats too! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Cupcakes &amp A Trip to Maryland…

16 s June 21, 2011 at 11:14 am

lol maddie!! the last picture is so cute πŸ™‚

17 Lee @ in the pink of condition June 21, 2011 at 11:21 am

Ooooh, vanilla peanut butter sounds very interesting and delicious! Where did you buy it?
Lee @ in the pink of condition recently posted..Sunday Blog Updates!

18 Meghann June 21, 2011 at 1:46 pm

From Chamberlains in Orlando – it’s the only place anywhere near me that I can find it, but I know you can also order it online at http://www.naturallynutty.com

19 Lee @ in the pink of condition June 21, 2011 at 1:56 pm

awesome!!! thanks!
Lee @ in the pink of condition recently posted..Sunday Blog Updates!

20 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 21, 2011 at 11:22 am

mmmm I LOVE leaving the gym nice and sweaty too!

Love oats for b-fast. Super yumm πŸ™‚

21 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 21, 2011 at 11:55 am

My sister teaches spin and when she’s in town it’s always fun to go to her classes. She taught in Windsor this weekend so that was awesome.

22 Kelly June 21, 2011 at 11:57 am

Aww, so cute that the dog likes healthy treats too. I’ll have to try giving my little guy some. Then again, he’ll eat anything he can get to πŸ™‚

23 Bee Goes Bananas June 21, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Maddie is so fricken adorable! I just want to give her a big hug!

24 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs June 21, 2011 at 12:33 pm

How awesome, to produce a piece like that from a class and hang it in your house! Reminds me of a hands on Joy of Painting. Those do actually look like some happy trees πŸ˜‰
Katherina @ Zephyr Runs recently posted..Love for the Diva

25 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 21, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I always give my puppy the leftover licks from my OIAJ! He loves peanut butter.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..crazy day at the vegan cafe

26 Brittney June 21, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Clyde begs for my oatmeal when I make it, and sometimes I have chocolate in mine, so it’s not unheard of for me to make him his own little bowl of PB oats. Spoiled fur child!!
Brittney recently posted..Lets Talk About High School

27 lisa June 21, 2011 at 1:04 pm

That breakfast loos so yummy! No wonder Maddie loved it too! πŸ˜€
lisa recently posted..Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

28 Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. June 21, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Love that last picture of Maddie.
Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. recently posted..Dear Dad-

29 Carolyn @ Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. June 21, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Love that last picture of Maddie
Carolyn @ Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. recently posted..Dear Dad-

30 Kristy June 21, 2011 at 2:27 pm

yay maddie!

she’s gorgeous!

31 Stephanie June 21, 2011 at 3:01 pm

So i hear all the talk of chia seed, what is the deal with that?
Stephanie recently posted..The Blame Game

32 Amanda June 21, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I just bought my first jar of Naturally Nutty Vanilla Peanut Butter. It’s on the menu tomorrow. I’m really looking forward to it!
Amanda recently posted..America’s Got…Too Much Time on their Hands

33 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) June 21, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I totally hate when gyms do that! If I love an instructor who gives an awesome workout (esp with spinning), I try to stick to their classes. Somehow I never get the same instructor twice though, despite checking the schedules.. keeps things interesting bright and early in the am though. πŸ˜‰
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Planes- trains- and automobiles

34 Alaina June 21, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Very pretty! Japenese cherry blossoms? πŸ™‚

I’ve tried overnight oats and the mushy mixed with the cold just isn’t for me. I like my oats nice and warm. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Red Lantern and a Lightbulb

35 Mac June 22, 2011 at 12:23 am

I haven’t had overnight oats in quite some time, I may have to bring them back in my daily routine πŸ™‚
Mac recently posted..Fathers Day Weekend was a Success

36 Karolina June 22, 2011 at 1:11 am

I’m really loving your painting! Seriously- I would hang it in my own home:) It sounds like you had a lot of fun through the whole process of painting it as well…
Karolina recently posted..Greek Yogurt in Greece

37 Amy June 23, 2011 at 12:09 am

Wow, your painting looks great with the contrast of the bathroom wall!
Amy recently posted..Wednesday Weigh In- Being Perfect