Wood Fired Pizza

by Meghann on June 17, 2011

Derek and I headed out for dinner tonight at a local pizza place I’ve heard rave reviews about around town.

I’m a BIG FAN of Wood Fired PIzza. Local Wood Fired pizza is even better.

IMG_0016.jpg

The restaurant was hip and cute. I loved the relaxed atmosphere, decor, and attentive staff.

I especially enjoyed the beer selection. They had a wide selection of draughts and bottles and the Mud Slinger Nut Brown Ale caught my attention.

IMG_0006.jpg

It had a bite to it, but I liked it. I prefer a beer with flavor and this definitely had flavor. πŸ™‚

The pizza was, of course, amazing.

Derek and I split the large ‘ Fit 4 Life’ pizza which featured fresh mozzarella, spinach, canadian bacon, tomatoes, and ricotta cheese.

The crust was so thin and lucious that it melted in your mouth. My favorite part of any wood fired pizza is a the crust – so thin and delectable.

Good food – we will be back! πŸ™‚

We had our nightly visit with Baby Marley after dinner (she’s getting so big!) and I had a Klondike Ice Cream Sandwich for dessert.

We have an early morning tomorrow – Derek and I are running our first MUD RUN at the Champions Mud Bash in the morning. We’re going to Rock the Mudbash!

Good Night!

1 kate June 17, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Yum what a fun place to eat I love wood fired pizza & wine, yours looks great although I am a sucker for caprese pizzas!

2 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) June 17, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Mmmm, wood-fired pizza + good beer = a fabulous Friday night in my book. Have a great wkend!
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..This is why I run

3 Fit Chick Britt June 17, 2011 at 11:44 pm

We have a place next to us called woodfired pizza. Sooo good. Hope you have a great weeend!
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..Makeup Free Friday

4 Sana June 17, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Wowo, have fun getting MUDDY!!!
Sana recently posted..The Elbow Diet

5 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 18, 2011 at 12:11 am

I haven’t had a really good pizza in ages! The best pizza I’ve ever had was in San Diego, actually. I need to make a trip down there to get my fix πŸ™‚

6 Christine June 18, 2011 at 12:18 am

I’m doing my first mud run tomorrow-scared! Excited! Little disgusted.

7 Stevie Harper June 18, 2011 at 12:55 am

I have no idea of what kind of carcass that is on your pizza, but it sure isn’t “Canadian” bacon…

8 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 18, 2011 at 1:39 am

Wood fired pizza is the BEST and that combo sounds especially amazing!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..WIAW &amp The Story- Part II

9 michelle June 18, 2011 at 2:01 am

Have fun with the run! Can’t wait to see pics
michelle recently posted..Marathon Weekend and a little Flashback

10 Marissa June 18, 2011 at 10:17 am

Have fun at the mud run! I really want to run our Marine Corps’ MudRun (SC has one of the biggest ones in the country!) but you need a 4 person team… and I can never convince 3 of my friends that it would be fun, lol… they’re not the most athletic bunch.
Marissa recently posted..In 35 years

11 Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers June 18, 2011 at 10:36 am

Wood fired pizza!! be still, my beating heart.

I’m salivating, I better make myself some food before I nibble on this computer screen.!!
Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Body Pump- A Play by Play Breakdown

12 Monika June 18, 2011 at 11:10 am

Woodfired pizza is SO good!

Have you ever eaten at the Mellow Mushroom?

13 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 18, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Oh yUMM. Pizza is so good πŸ™‚

14 Hayley @ Hayley Daily June 19, 2011 at 3:57 am

That pizza looks so tasty! It’s hard to beat really good pizza, for me. Sounds like you guys had a great night. πŸ™‚
Hayley @ Hayley Daily recently posted..Current Obsessions

15 Amy @ love4living June 19, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Now that is what pizza should look like! Glad you and Derek got some time in πŸ™‚
Amy @ love4living recently posted..Sht that’s Annoying Grocery Edition

16 Naoemi August 23, 2011 at 2:34 am

Wooow! The pizza looks great! My mouth is watering, I have to go out and have pizza to resolve my cravings.
Naoemi recently posted..Pizza coupons