Egg-cellent Nachos

by Meghann on June 16, 2011

How does one pump up day old left over nachos?

Throw an egg on top. πŸ™‚

Actually, that’s a good way to pump up any meal!

My original plan for lunch was having an egg on top of some oatmeal (that seems to be my intention most days, but I have yet to try the combo), when I saw the leftover nachos in the fridge. I knew an egg on top of those would be just as good.

A quick minute in the microwave for the nachos (yes, they were a little soggy, but I ate the meal with a fork anyways), a quick scramble on the stove top for the eggs, a little salsa, cheese, and olives, and lunch was served.

Egg on nachos? Two thumbs up!

Earlier I was feeling snacky, so had a handful of peanuts to hold me over until lunch.

Let’s see… what else is eggs a great topper for? Pizza – definitely pizza. Oh, and hashbrowns! Definitely hashbrowns. πŸ˜‰

1 Monika @ Powered by Paprika June 16, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I love eggs- you can put them on top of anything really-

I like eggs on black bean burgers or in chunky tomato bisque πŸ™‚
Monika @ Powered by Paprika recently posted..Introductions

2 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food June 16, 2011 at 2:12 pm

mmm I love this idea! πŸ™‚

Looks like a traditional mexican breakfast, YUM ! πŸ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Friday Fun Mood Boosts and Share Your Posts!

3 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food June 16, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I need to make eggs like that! I’m kinda an egg newbie…I DESPISED eggs until about 2 years ago….and i still don’t like anything that is not scrambled or omelette style. Yours look good πŸ™‚
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Giveaway Time!

4 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 16, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I love eggs! Eggs are a great way to top spinach, tortillas, and pitas. I also love egg scrambles and eggs over easy.

Great idea for a leftover meal, thanks πŸ™‚

5 Hayley @ Hayley Daily June 16, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I would’ve never thought to put eggs on nachos…interesting! I’ve been wanting to try ‘breakfast pizza’ for a while, too.
Hayley @ Hayley Daily recently posted..Today’s Treat!

6 Miranda June 16, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I had my first dippy egg on a salad.

I must say that I love egg on just about everything. I approve of your nachos!

7 Sarah June 16, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I have always wanted to try:
1.) egg on pizza
2.) egg on oatmeal
3.) egg on salad

All drippy eggs of course. I’m not sure how I feel about these combos but people swear by them!
Sarah recently posted..Today I’m Thankful For…

8 Lindsey June 16, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I love eggs in my salad, either scrambled or hard boiled πŸ™‚ Gives me extra protein too!
Lindsey recently posted..Disappearing Act

9 Juli D. June 16, 2011 at 2:26 pm

A fried egg is also great on top of a burger! πŸ™‚
Juli D. recently posted..Almost Healthy

10 Faith @ lovelyascharged June 16, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Oh my gosh, I love that idea! And maybe some avocado and ranch for a Cobb-style burger? Holy yum!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..When Best Friends Are Coming to Town

11 Holly @ The Runny Egg June 16, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Eggs are the best!

12 Melissa June 16, 2011 at 2:32 pm

those look great! you’re run story this morning made me laugh, I love that you are a running felon.
Melissa recently posted..FlyWheel Spinning Success

13 Mary June 16, 2011 at 2:38 pm

an egg is an awesome way to pump up the protein in your meal any time πŸ™‚
Mary recently posted..A New Chapter

14 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Odd combo…but I bet it tasted good!

15 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles June 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm

You always have such creative meals – I love it! πŸ™‚

16 Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers June 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Eggs on burgers are my favorite thing. Eggs are just the ideal topper, even on more eggs.
Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Eating Good in the Neighborhood pool

17 Dori June 16, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Egg nachos are a great idea! Love it.
Dori recently posted..Focus On- Core Fusion at The Fitnessista

18 Emily @ Savory and Savage June 16, 2011 at 3:36 pm

The egg + nachos sounds really good! I love unusual combinations.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Oatmeal risotto with peaches Parmesan and sage

19 MaryBe June 16, 2011 at 3:42 pm

A friend of mine has pet chickens and shares the eggs with me. I love dip eggs on my salads. Yesterday I had one on leftover mashed sweet potatoes
MaryBe recently posted..Mac and Cheeze and Lunch with Shrimps

20 Ashlyn June 16, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Does Derek like “your kind” of nachos, or the ones from restaurants. No offense, but yours didn’t look too appetizing to me yesterday…

21 Ashlyn June 16, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I also ask because there are leftovers!

22 Meghann June 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm

He finished a HUGE bowl of nachos yesterday. I should have took a photo – it was a full size plate over flowing with nachos. He ate about half the pan and I ate a quarter, and there was less than a quarter left. Derek is pretty happy go lucky with most things I make, but he really does love my nachos.

23 Melissa @ TryingToHeal June 16, 2011 at 4:45 pm

i love eggs on a my salad…is that weird? blahh!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Delayed

24 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 16, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Egg sandwiches will always be my favorite, but eggy oatmeal has always been a little weird for me. I try to like it, though, because having that protein in the morning is so good!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Two Years Later…

25 Samantha June 16, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I love all of your unique meal ideas! You always come up with stuff that I would never think of offhand.
Samantha recently posted..Permanent Changes

26 Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs June 16, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I can do eggs on almost anything. I still can’t do eggs on pizza though. Maybe some day πŸ™‚
Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs recently posted..Daddy’s Girl

27 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 16, 2011 at 5:22 pm

I’ve never had egg on nachos before-such a great idea!

28 Lisa (bakebikeblog) June 16, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Love the EGG-cellent addition πŸ™‚
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Pfffft who needs a burger bun

29 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) June 16, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Your meal creations never fail to amaze me! You are way braver than myself in some of your concoctions.. I love eggs though, and if egg bfast burritos are delish, I’m sure nachos would be as well!
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Standard

30 Alexa @ Simple Eats June 16, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Eggs on anything are delish! I’ll definitely have to try the nacho and egg combo!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Kitchen Sink Quinoa

31 Alison @ The Peacock Diaries June 16, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Ah, you had me at “nachos”…you lost me at “egg”.

I only like my eggs prepared one way: baked in a cake πŸ™‚ (OK, I’ll take cookies and brownies, too)

I really *wish* I liked eggs…they are cheap, protein-packed, versatile. But my taste buds say: nope. Oh well, more for the rest of you egg-lovers!
Alison @ The Peacock Diaries recently posted..How I spent my summer vacation

32 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner June 16, 2011 at 8:10 pm

My husband seriously just made egg nachos the other morning! He really wanted eggs, but he also really wanted nachos. I thought it was completely weird… I should’ve guessed it would be a good Meghann-combination! ;o)

33 Amy June 16, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Yum, that sounds so good! I love that you are so fearless in the kitchen; it is pretty bad ass actually.
Amy recently posted..Wednesday Weigh In- Fat Talk

34 Lauri (RedHeadRecipes.com) June 16, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I Lurrrve making nachos! But I’ve never thought to put an EGG on it!! I like over easy eggs on salads and over amaranth/millet mixtures for breakfast (grits n’ eggs)!

35 Cara June 17, 2011 at 3:50 am

I put eggs on everything! I love poached eggs on salads, eggs on pizza, on toast, hasbrowns, roasted veggies. Best protein boost for a simple meal!