Orlando for the Day

by Meghann on June 15, 2011

Man... wedding planning is STRESSFUL!

I’m not even planning my own wedding, but helping my sister plan hers has ME feeling stressed. I can’t imagine how she feels! Organizing guests lists, pleasing both set of parents, sticking to a strict budgets, etc. – it makes my head spin just thinking about it!

In particular, finding the perfect venue has been a bit of a problem area. Luckily, I think she found one today! (fingers crossed!)

The location has its good parts and its bad parts, but you’ll have to head over to her blog to read all about it.

If you’re wondering my opinion, I give this location two big thumbs up ;), but that’s just me. I’m not much of a ‘shopper’ I find what I want and go for it.

Case in point, I bought clip in cycling shoes today without hesitation.

After Kelly and I toured the venue location, we headed to the local bike store to ‘just look’ at a few cycling shoes. I headed to the back wall, found what I wanted, tried a pair on, and – before I knew it – the guy was installing the pedals on my bike. πŸ™‚

Clip-in shoes were something I knew I wanted for a while, so it didn’t really take much convincing for me to walk out the store with a new pair. πŸ™‚

I ended up with the Pearl Izumi Tri Fly III because they were the highest rated tri shoe in my price range. They were also super comfy to walk in and I felt I could get my foot in and out easily during transitions.

Kelly helped me select the Look clip pedals. It was the brand she went with, so I trust her’s – and the bike shop guy’s – opinion.

Adios pedal cages! You served your purpose well, but it’s time to move on!

Ahhh!!! I can’t wait to try the clips out! πŸ™‚

Before I left Orlando for the day, I had one last pit stop to make.

Lunch at Virgin Olive Market with Julie, Tina (who is vacationing from Georgia!), and my sister.

(just ignored the half closed eyes, I promise I wasn’t high! πŸ˜‰ )

The four of us sat at the table for THREE hours talking about any and everything. The time literally flew by. It was so great playing catch up. πŸ™‚

Kelly and I had actually arrived at the deli a little early ready to eat our arms. Instead of fainting while we waited, we shared a slice of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread.

Yum!

When it came time to order we opted to split a sandwich and hummus platter.

IMG_0842.JPG IMG_0843.JPG

The ‘Big Cheese’ was a gooey slab of fresh mozzarella melted between two slices of crusty focaccia bread with basil. The combination reminded me of summer and how much I love basil.

The hummus platter was fresh and delicious. I particularly enjoyed the extra evoo drizzled on top of the hummus – when evoo is good it’s the perfect complement to any meal.

I stopped in a Whole Foods to get a little work done before I head back to Tampa. God Bless free WiFi! πŸ™‚

1 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles June 15, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I love seeing the blog world collide with the real world – so fun seeing you four together! Safe travels to you when you head back to Tampa. πŸ™‚

2 Shanna, Like Banana June 15, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I’m a part time wedding planner and do a lot of consultations via distance. I’m happy to provide your sister guidance or answer questions!
shannamccord@gmail.com

3 Holly @ The Runny Egg June 15, 2011 at 3:55 pm

What a fun meetup!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Friday Date Night

4 Hayley @ Hayley Daily June 15, 2011 at 3:56 pm

You ladies are so lovely! It looks like you had a really nice day. πŸ™‚
Hayley @ Hayley Daily recently posted..Today’s Treat!

5 Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit June 15, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I can’t wait to buy my clip-in shoes – you’re giving me even more inspiration to get some ASAP. Did you buy the “mountain” or “road” bike shoes? I know you can walk in one, but not the others…
Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit recently posted..Disturbingly Interesting

6 Gina @ running to the kitchen June 15, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Your lunch looks so good. I was just drooling over that sandwich on julies blog! Glad you found some shoes you like!

7 Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers June 15, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Pumpkin chocolate chip bread sounds a-okay right this second. And so does melted cheese. And honestly, so does anything that’s in a chewable form.
Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Eating Good in the Neighborhood pool

8 Chloe (South Beach Girl) June 15, 2011 at 4:05 pm

That venue looks gorgeous, just like you two sisters! It’s great how in Florida you have a better chance with good weather if you want to get married outside πŸ™‚
Chloe (South Beach Girl) recently posted..The β€œI Don’t Want to Workout Today” Flow Chart

9 melissa (fitnessnyc) June 15, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I can’t even imagine. I was calling venues for a work event and besides charging 30,000 to rent a room for two hours, they wanted $85 a person for dessert and soft drinks, um that’s insane. I don’t think I will be getting married in NYC.
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..FlyWheel Spinning Success

10 Krystina (Organically Me) June 15, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Man, I need to hit the Virgin Olive Market sometime.

If you’re ever in Orlando and want to meet a new face, I just moved down here (for good this time, yay!) and would love to meet up with you. πŸ™‚
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Super Short- but Sweet

11 Heather June 15, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Does it turn Derek off to hear you talk about weddings and babies so much? I would assume that it does!?

12 Monika @ Powered by Paprika June 15, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Looks like a good venue!

I think when I get married I’ll elope or something, the planning does not sound like fun to me!

13 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life June 15, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Wow that cheese sandwich looks like heaven! Anything including fresh mozzarella is my best friend πŸ™‚
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..Strawberry Cookie Bars

14 Kara June 15, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Man, anytime I think running is expensive, I should remind myself that tris are worse πŸ™‚

I get stressed out just being a bridesmaid in a wedding. I seriously advocate for elopement, it’s the best way for everyone πŸ˜›
Kara recently posted..Weekday running rut

15 Carolina June 15, 2011 at 4:22 pm

For what it’s worth, I’ve been to a few weddings there (recognize the location from the pic) & they’ve been lovely. Great pick!

16 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me June 15, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Place looks beautiful!!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Ramen Doesn’t Equal Soup

17 erica June 15, 2011 at 4:34 pm

i’m at the tail end of wedding planning! i find the hardest was trying to please everyone (and stay in budget while doing so)…sometimes you just gotta go for what YOU want. πŸ™‚ oh and guest lists…the inevitable, if i invite so & so, then i have to invite so&so too…then it can just explode!

can’t wait to see and read all about it πŸ™‚ you’re a great sister!
how far apart are your 2 siblings weddings?

18 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 15, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Everyone looks so pretty and summery! Olive oil drizzled on hummus is a must πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..The Best Nut Butter Yet

19 Victoria June 15, 2011 at 5:02 pm

My in laws were married there, and I’ve been to several Movie on the Lawn events there, too. We have an annual membership that makes the movies free…great thing to do on a Friday night, and you can bring your own food and beverages! It’s beautiful there!

20 Samantha June 15, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Sounds like you had an awesome day! Jealous you got to meet up with all of the fellow bloggers! I follow each of your blogs religiously haha and would love to meet the people behind the blog someday.
Samantha recently posted..Permanent Changes

21 Alexa @ Simple Eats June 15, 2011 at 5:22 pm

That venue looks gorgeous…as does that pumpkin bread!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Kitchen Sink Quinoa

22 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 15, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I like the venue! And your idea of a great lunch πŸ™‚

23 Marlina @ Baker Princess June 15, 2011 at 5:33 pm

LOVE your tank!! so adorable πŸ™‚ !

24 Liz June 15, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I had my wedding there! It was beautiful and I was very happy. Tell Kelly, though, that booking the site was easily the most stressful part of the whole planning process. But I hope it works out and that she gets to have her wedding at Leu Gardens!
Liz recently posted..The workout journey begins…

25 Heather June 15, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I have the same tri shoes and just love ’em. You’ll completely fall in love with clipping in, despite the initial awkwardness. πŸ™‚
Heather recently posted..A Rose Garden Wedding

26 Mary June 15, 2011 at 5:50 pm

yay for clipless pedals!! just be careful clipping in and out, that is the most tramuatizing part sometimes for me… especially in traffic!
Mary recently posted..A New Chapter

27 Sarah June 15, 2011 at 5:51 pm

3 hour lunches are the best! I read all of these blogs so it’s fun to see you all together!

I know nothing about wedding planning but I’m a one stop shopper too. I know what I want and that’s that.

28 Tori (Fresh Fruition) June 15, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Lunch looks like such fun! That’s awesome you guys got to meet up πŸ™‚
Tori (Fresh Fruition) recently posted..WIAW- Recipe Fail- and Verizon Vlog

29 Leeanne June 15, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I know how you fell – I’m helping my little sister plan her wedding, and as a result, eloping has never looked so good. I’m sure it’s fun for a while, but I want to feel 100% chill and joyful at my wedding, and there’s no way I wouldn’t be a little ball of stress if I went with the traditional ceremony & reception. To each her own, though! My sister is loving it.
On a similar note, BOTH my siblings are getting married this fall – so I get the same double dose as you are!
Good luck. Keep your wits about you.

30 Leeanne June 15, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Good luck. Keep your wits about you.

31 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun June 15, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Just wanted to pop in and say I loved hanging out today! Can’t wait for more time together in just a couple short months. πŸ™‚
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Girl Talk

32 Ashley @ the fit academic June 15, 2011 at 6:52 pm

What a great sis you are to help out with all the wedding stuff! My sis was my MOH and I STILL feel indebted to her!

33 Kristina June 15, 2011 at 6:56 pm

You might also want to refer to the shoes as “clipless” shoes/pedal systems rather than ‘clip-in’. It seems confusing because you do clip in, but it distinguishes this system from the old system…
Have fun with them!
Kristina recently posted..End of the year and thoughts on summer

34 Amy @ love4living.com June 15, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Oh man, what an awesome blogger lunch! Some of my favs actually.
I also don’t really “shop” that well; but I suppose we all balance each other out in the end!
Amy @ love4living.com recently posted..Wednesday Weigh In- Fat Talk

35 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 15, 2011 at 7:13 pm

How fun!! I STILL have not been to a blogger meetup… sad.
That sandwich sounds AMAZING!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Readers Request- The Story- Part 1

36 maria @ Chasing the Now June 15, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Wedding planning is SUPER stressful (if I had to do it all over I would either elope or have a small ceremony with only our immediate family), but on the upside, at least Kelly will be doing some of the grunt work (getting guest addresses) for when you get married in the future. πŸ™‚

37 Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles June 15, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Reading your blog always makes me wish I lived in Florida. Love the bike shoes. And the lunch.

38 michelle June 15, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I can’t even imagine how stressful wedding planning is. Maybe that’s why my husband and I eloped
michelle recently posted..New Start

39 Holly @ Pink Runner June 15, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Your food looks soooo good and I love all four of your blogs! I would be SO scared to try clip pedals! I can just imagine myself getting stuck and falling over on the road.
Holly @ Pink Runner recently posted..TV Workouts

40 Alaina June 15, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Blogger meet ups are so much fun! Can’t wait to do more up here in Boston. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Blog Worthy Breakfast

41 Amy June 15, 2011 at 9:02 pm

So now you know when it’s your turn …. ELOPE!!
Amy recently posted..eggs for breakfast

42 Stephanie June 15, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I’m currently planning my wedding, and I will agree with some of the comments, booking was the most stressful part. I’ve been in 5 weddings in the last 4 years and I’ve seen how much work they are, so I decided to go to Vegas, which has simplified things immensely πŸ™‚

43 Anne @thefitbridesmaid June 15, 2011 at 9:16 pm

The only two arguments that I had with my mother were about picking the venue and then about who was doing the prayer (but that was more related to having divorced parents). Once you pick a venue, then you have a date and can book other vendors. I’d recommend doing the photographer second. VERY IMPORTANT TO GET A GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER, especially if her date is in June.
Anne @thefitbridesmaid recently posted..Taking Suggestions

44 Hannahviolin June 15, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I’m planning a wedding right now, and the thing my fiance and I decided was that really, we are doing the wedding for US. We are making the decisions. Of course we want our families and guests to enjoy it, but ultimately it is about us and up to us. And I’m trying not to stress…my biggest stressor was realizing just how much it was going to cost…grrr…and now I’m just over that. It’ll be awesome.

I’m like you though, when I find something I like, I book it or buy it. That way I can stop looking!
Hannahviolin recently posted..The more I think about it- the more I love the marathon course…but

45 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out June 15, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Yes, I agree about the EVOO. Looks like you had a busy day!
I’m not a fan of wedding planning. It is stressful.

46 Cheryl Madliger June 15, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Hey! I found your blog via Peanut Butter Fingers…I will be subscribing from now on. I’m new to blogging but I love writing and I love fitness, food, and anything inspirational so I am REALLY excited.

Congrats on the clip in shoes! You’re going to notice a major difference — you can really PULL instead of just mash on the pedals when you’re clipped in. My advice: practice in a doorway a few times before you head out, then maybe on the grass. I still tip over on occasion when I get to a red light, but I just tell myself it must have looked cute…good luck!

47 Suzanne Williams June 15, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Love Whole Foods and I am so thankful for Wifi.
The stress of wedding planning. Insane. This is why my fiance and I have been engaged for 3 yrs. Neither of us are planners and we are so happy the way we are now. We keep talking about it, but…..
Good luck to you guys.
Suzanne

48 Hope June 16, 2011 at 8:25 am

Wedding planning is extremely stressful. I’m just beginning it with my own. There are so many details to worry about and in my case it’s even more stressful cause we are having a destination wedding. It will all be worth it in the end πŸ™‚

What a fun meet-up!
Hope recently posted..Anything Goes…

49 Donna June 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Okay, here’s a question… they call the pedals “ClipLESS” platforms on the pedals, yet clearly we “clip” in to the platforms. I’ve never understood that! LOL
Donna recently posted..Ups &amp Downs