Miss Spears

by Meghann on June 15, 2011

Dear Groupon,

I <3 you!

Screen shot 2011-06-15 at 9.45.37 PM.png

Don’t let that SOLD OUT sign fool you! I scored two tickets for the upcoming Britney Spears concert in Orlando for $36 a pop before the sell out. Score!

Let me explain….

Two years ago Caitlin and I were a couple of hours away from seeing Britney Spears in Tampa (back then Caitlin and I lived in Orlando) when I got a call no sister ever wants to get – my little sister had been in a bike accident and was being air lifted to a nearby trauma center.

We quickly gave our Britney Spears tickets to the nearest set of teenage girls and raced back to the east coast of Florida as fast as the speed limit would let us.

Luckily Kelly ended up being ok (ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET!), but we never did get to see Britney Spears. Honestly, it never fazed me one bit – Kelly is a million times more important to me than a Britney Spears concert and if I were to go back in time I wouldn’t change a thing of how quickly we turned around to head home – and it wasn’t still I saw the Groupon deal come in today that I realized I never got to see Miss Spears in concert.

I finally have my chance.

Now, if I can only convince Kelly – and all family members – to stay off a bike that day, we should be good. πŸ˜‰

The Drive Home

The drive home was slow. I’ve been lucky with I-4 traffic in my weekly travels between Tampa and Orlando, but it was bound to catch up with me. It took me 30 minutes to get from Disney to just past celebration (about 10 miles) and it was hit and miss after that. Booo to long drives home. πŸ™

It’s probably my fault, I did stay in Whole Food until after 5:00 playing e-mail catch up.

I had a Luna Bar while working.

And grabbed some free samples when I went back in Whole Foods for a drink on the drive home.

IMG_0852.JPG IMG_0853.JPG

My drink of choice? An iced coffee with soy milk.

IMG_0855.jpg

At least the drink kept me awake as I was stuck in traffic.

Dinner

The plus side of getting home late was being able to enjoy dinner with Derek after he worked the late shift. πŸ™‚

I made his favorite.

Nachos!

Blue Tortilla Chips topped with black beans, green beans, onions, mushrooms, and cheese. Baked at 415 for 10 minutes. Then more toppings of mixed greens, salsa, olives, plantains, and plain yogurt.

Confession: Nachos isn’t just Derek’s favorite meal – it’s mine too! You can’t go wrong with corn chips, salsa, and beans. yum!

Dessert

Strawberries + [Christmas] Chocolates

Good Night!

1 Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers June 15, 2011 at 10:38 pm

oh you luckiest of ducks!! if the groupon happens to be britney tix in RDU anytime soon, you KNOW I’m jumping on that.

HIT ME BABY, ONE MORE TIME!!
Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Eating Good in the Neighborhood pool

2 Katy @ fitinheels June 15, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Oh my god!!!!!! I am so glad your sister was okay- that is extremely scary and never a call that you want to receive!

BRITNEY TICKETS… ON SALE??? Yes please! What a score! That is awesome! I just saw NKOTBSB and I was in heaven… and I’m not embarrassed πŸ™‚

I am SO jealous of your Luna bar- I live in Canada and I’ve only ever found a few different flavours (Nuts over chocolate, Smores, Lemon, Chocolate Brownie) and Chocolate Mint anything is always my ultimate favourite. Tell me it tastes like crap!
Katy @ fitinheels recently posted..Whip It

3 Monika @ Powered by Paprika June 15, 2011 at 10:41 pm

BRITNEY TIX?!?! so jeals.
Monika @ Powered by Paprika recently posted..Introductions

4 Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit June 15, 2011 at 10:44 pm

haha I performed Britney Spears in my 6th grade talent show. It was epic. Pigtails, plaid skirt & all.
Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit recently posted..Disturbingly Interesting

5 Meghann June 16, 2011 at 10:21 am

I was britney Spears for Halloween in 8th grade. I had the pigtails and plaid skirt too!

6 Silvia @ skinny jeans food June 15, 2011 at 10:45 pm

A) you have to take Kelly, and B) now you definitely have to get another (Britney Spears) belly button ring! haha… πŸ˜‰
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Vegan sandwich with the trimmings

7 Hilary June 15, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Congrats on the tickets…and gotta love nachos for dinner! I like the plantain addition…really kicks it up a notch!
Hilary recently posted..Sweet Success

8 Jessica Cohen June 15, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Where were these tix posted?!?! I check groupon everyday & haven’t seen a thing…

9 Meghann June 16, 2011 at 10:22 am

A friend had it linked on her Facebook Wall, but I saw it on the bottom of my Orlando Groupon e-mail

10 Mary June 15, 2011 at 10:52 pm

ahh awesome for you you get to see B. Spears in concert! I LOVE herr!!
Mary recently posted..A New Chapter

11 Holly @ The Runny Egg June 15, 2011 at 10:54 pm

I would love to see B Spears — not sure it will ever happen, but a girl can dream πŸ™‚
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Friday Date Night

12 Carissa June 15, 2011 at 10:54 pm

I got stuck in the same lovely I4 traffic! No fun!
Carissa recently posted..Dieting stinks!

13 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) June 15, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Okay, first of all – how do you still have CHRISTMAS chocolate left? Haha I’m so impressed- I don’t even have Easter candy around by now! πŸ™‚

That’s awesome about the Britney tickets!! I think it’s great that she’s still even touring… I saw her in concern waaay back in the day, and despite everything, the girl can put on quite the performance!
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Standard

14 Lindsey June 15, 2011 at 11:00 pm

My hubby loves nachos too, and so though I act as its a favor to him when they are made for supper, but I love them just as much πŸ˜‰

I have always wanted to see Brittany in concert, I think she would put on a great show! Enjoy πŸ™‚
Lindsey recently posted..Disappearing Act

15 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 15, 2011 at 11:01 pm

I kinda wonder if teenagers are into Britney as much as we were since she is around our age. I’ll be interested to know what the crown is like when you go!

16 Meghann June 16, 2011 at 10:24 am

it will probably be all girls in their 20s pretending their teenagers still. It really does seem Britney Spears is to our generation what Madonna was to our parents. Ok, so Madonna didn’t make it big until my mom was in her 20s, but she is older than my Mom, so I wonder if it still counts?

17 Mac June 15, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Those are the best chocolates ever! I’m very jealous you have those to eat right now!
Mac recently posted..Bad News Bears

18 Jenny June 15, 2011 at 11:29 pm

LOL! Awesome!~ I’m going to see Britney this year also, in Jacksonville! I was able to catch her Circus tour twice and it was awesome- I just love the woman. WOO HOO!

19 Pamela June 15, 2011 at 11:46 pm

JEALOUS

20 michelle June 15, 2011 at 11:50 pm

I went to a Britney Spears concert when I was in grade 10… and I’m 27 right now. Wow that makes me feel old. I would love to go again. Have fun!
michelle recently posted..Guess What

21 Meghann June 16, 2011 at 10:25 am

I never saw Britney Spears in concert, but I did see Hanson when I was in 8th grade.

22 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 16, 2011 at 12:03 am

I saw Britney Spears when I was 9- second only to NSYNC as the best concert ever!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..The Best Nut Butter Yet

23 Sana June 16, 2011 at 12:07 am

Wow that is an amazing deal! Soo happy Kelly is ok!
Sana recently posted..The Elbow Diet

24 Alaina June 16, 2011 at 12:39 am

Nachos are the best.

I think seeing Britney would be a fun show! She’s coming to Boston in August. Hmm..
Alaina recently posted..Blog Worthy Breakfast

25 Hayley @ Hayley Daily June 16, 2011 at 3:16 am

SO lucky you the Brit tickets!!! I’m soo jealous. I saw her back in the …Baby One More Time days, hahah.

Your nachos look so. damn. good.
Hayley @ Hayley Daily recently posted..Today’s Treat!

26 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups June 16, 2011 at 6:30 am

I seriously debated getting that Groupon but I’m already seeing NKOTBSB a day or two after at Amway. I thought it would be 1990s overload!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Eating in- purple sweet potato fries

27 Lauren June 16, 2011 at 6:54 am

I’m weirdly jealous of your tickets. I have been really into Brittany’s new stuff lately.
Lauren recently posted..CSAs and a Recipe- Coconut Tempeh with Pineapple Rice

28 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 16, 2011 at 7:22 am

Have fun seeing Britney!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..7 things about this weekend

29 Holly @ Pink Runner June 16, 2011 at 7:35 am

Britney!!! PS those nachos look soooo good!
Holly @ Pink Runner recently posted..TV Workouts

30 Ashley June 16, 2011 at 8:09 am

B Spears on Groupon?! SUCCESS!
Ashley recently posted..Time for grad school recovery

31 Lee June 16, 2011 at 8:15 am

I can’t believe there was a Groupon for that!

32 Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East June 16, 2011 at 8:23 am

What an awesome groupon! I would love to see Brittney in concert! How fun!

33 Hope June 16, 2011 at 8:24 am

That is an awesome deal for Britney tickets! I saw her in concert 2 years ago. I had been wanting to see her for the longest time! It was a good show but obviously she lip sang the entire time. I thought when she was going to speak to the audience she would have done it live. Nope, that was pre-recorded too! Crazy!

Those nachos look delicious! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Anything Goes…

34 Meghann June 16, 2011 at 10:27 am

I don’t mind the pre-recorded stuff. I would rather have it be pre-recorded and good then live and awful. I’m rally going for the ‘show’ anyways, you know all the dancing, costumes, and total performances.

35 Andrea @ Onion in My Hair June 16, 2011 at 9:29 am

That nacho bowl looks delish! I will definitely have to make that one soon. Nachos are my fave!
Andrea @ Onion in My Hair recently posted..Low-Cal AND Veg! Two Restaurant Recaps

36 Nacho Lindsay June 16, 2011 at 10:18 am

Nacho Lindsay appreciates your nacho enthusiasm.

37 Karla June 16, 2011 at 11:19 am

How do you cook your plantains?? I LOVE them but don’t have the nerve! care to share??

38 Sarah June 16, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Okay, Britney? Luna bars? Lindt truffles!! You just mentioned all of my favorite things in one post. How does even happen?
Sarah recently posted..Today I’m Thankful For…

39 River June 16, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I saw Britney on her Circus tour a couple of years ago! Great show, have fun!
River recently posted..EOTD – 14 June 2011

40 Amy June 16, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Aw, that is so great that you get to see Britney after all, and Um, for 36 dollars? That is so cheap! When she comes here for that tour the tickets were well over 100 dollars and that was for “you can’t really see but can hear” seats!!

Too bad Caitlin moved so far! :/