Light Lunch

by Meghann on June 9, 2011

My decadent egg sandwich from breakfast had me feeling stuffed and satisfied all morning. I rarely eat egg sandwiches for breakfast because I rarely crave them, but when I do I’m always happy with how long they stay with me. πŸ™‚

By the time lunch time came and went I wasn’t really hungry for much. I did, however, find myself yearning for some cool yogurt and fresh fruit.

IMG_7359.jpg

Around 2:00 I broke for lunch with a parfait mug of yogurt, Kashi Cereal, fresh berries, and almond butter.

On top: a chocolate vitatop to finish it off.

My favorite bites were at the beginning with the vitatop. The mix of chocolate with berries and yogurt was almost like dessert. My sweet tooth was pleased. πŸ™‚

Yum. Yum. Yum.

I’m finding it hard to concentrate on my work to-do lists today. I have a long task lists, but my head seems to be in la la land. I need to snap back into reality ASAP!

What are your sure fire ways to help you refocus?

Usually I take a minute to step away and take a mini break before diving back in, but my mini break turned into an hour long HGTV spree. Yikes!

1 Chloe (South Beach Girl) June 9, 2011 at 3:16 pm

It’s finally getting warm enough here for me to consider a cold lunch like a yogurt parfait – it looks great!
If I need to refocus I usually have to get up and talk a 5-10min walk, maybe grab a beverage to sip on while I work, and then set a goal for myself. Hope you can get some work done πŸ™‚

2 Rasha @ PBAddiction June 9, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I like the addition of the chocolate vitatop on the parfait! My chocolate-addicted self would enjoy that as well.

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 9, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Love the parfait for lunch! I just had a big lunch because I wasted time deciding what I wanted and then I was hungry!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..grocery shopping blues- summer break style

4 Shanna, Like Banana June 9, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I have that problem at work on Friday’s (or Thursdays before an off-Friday). I like to tell myself to tackle 2-3 small things (respond to an email; return a voicemail; draft a skeleton powerpoint) and then I can take a break. Usually once I’ve started those smaller, easier tasks, I have the energy to just keep at it and then cut out early for the day πŸ˜‰

5 Krissie J June 9, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I am in the same boat with focusing. I have mountains of paperwork and PDFing to do and it’s just not happening very quickly. Blaaah. I haven’t found a good refocusing technique, looking forward to other responses.
Krissie J recently posted..Hot Times and Cold Brews

6 Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers June 9, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Sometimes I just turn off all distractions and sit quietly by myself, which can help if I’m just a bit distracted. That being said, sometimes I need a real jolt to the senses and then, a good, hard workout is the only thing that can get my mind off of anything but getting the sweat off my face. Normally, after that, I’m ready to conquer ANYTHING, and I already feel like superwoman after getting pumped!
Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Welcome to the Jungle

7 Dani June 9, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Yum!! That looks like a perfect lunch πŸ™‚ If I hadn’t already had lunch, I’d want another!

8 TheHungeredOne @ MovingandMunching June 9, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Mmm looks so super good!

9 Holly @ The Runny Egg June 9, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I’m also in lala land — the weekend needs to get here already!

I can usually refocus pretty quick by making a list and working on some smaller tasks — it gives me some energy to start tackling the larger ones.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Friday Date Night

10 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 9, 2011 at 3:36 pm

mmmm I love yogurt parfaits! And eggs for b-fast is a GREAT way to be satisfied because of the great protein in that food. Yumm πŸ™‚

11 Dori June 9, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Is Derek home? A mid-day quickie usually helps with the focusing.
Dori recently posted..On Not Being Dumb Again

12 Mel June 9, 2011 at 4:28 pm

haha this is hilarious! I hope Meghanns parent’s aren’t reading.

13 Christine June 9, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Hahaha! I had to read that one twice.
Christine recently posted..Proud

14 Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit June 9, 2011 at 3:53 pm

You should be proud your HGTV break only lasted an hour. If I get started on HGTV, it could last much longer than that ha
Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit recently posted..Cooking for Two

15 River June 9, 2011 at 4:20 pm

That parfait looks so good!
River recently posted..Beauty Review – id Well Cared For Brush Conditioning Cleanser

16 Heather June 9, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Did you take that idea from KERF yesterday!?

17 Courtney June 9, 2011 at 4:42 pm

I usually start my day with my most major task, so I start the day with a major load off my desk. If I’m having trouble focusing, though, I’ll try to accomplish a smaller task to get back into the swing of things and then, I can usually get back into it from there. πŸ™‚

I hope you’re able to focus and tackle your tasks!!

18 amanda June 9, 2011 at 5:07 pm

i like the sounds {and looks} of that parfait. i might have to recreate something similar.

making lists always helps me refocus. i don’t know what it is, but seeing things on paper in a neat fashion always makes me feel better.
amanda recently posted..she said yes

19 Alexa @ Simple Eats June 9, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Ooh a vitatop on top is a GREAT choice!
I always like to make lists and put on some pump-me-up music and I’m good to go!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Ithaca Trip Part 2

20 Emily @ Comfortable Home Life June 9, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Love that mug! I always tell myself that I can have a small reward once I start what I need to do and work diligently for at LEAST 30 minutes. Telling myself “I HAVE to finish” only creates more anxiety because sometimes I don’t know how long it will take to finish whatever I’m working on. Closing out all internet distractions (blogs, FBoo, e-mail, NPR, PostSecret, just about any website on the internet) and telling myself I can check it all again in 30 minutes usually does the trick!
Emily @ Comfortable Home Life recently posted..West Coast V- Balboa Park &amp The SD Zoo

21 Christine June 9, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Mmmmmm Vitatops!

When I have trouble I set a timer for 30 minutes to work, and then a timer for ten minutes, to play. Lather, rinse, repeat until it’s done πŸ˜‰
Christine recently posted..Proud

22 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 9, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Oooh, I love that parfait! Yogurt was made to be eaten with Vitatops πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Eat Your Beer

23 Mac June 9, 2011 at 7:01 pm

If I get up and go for a 10 minutes walk, inside or outside, I am refocused 99.9% of the time. Getting the blood flowing always helps!
Mac recently posted..Best Bread Ever!

24 Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes June 9, 2011 at 7:19 pm

My mini breaks turn into a “I’m not working anymore today…” so don’t feel bad about the HGTV incident πŸ™‚
And I always try to recreate your meals because they look SO, SO, SO good, but I just can’t seem to do it…
Keep satisfying my hunger via photos please…
Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes recently posted..Frenzy…

25 Alison @ The Peacock Diaries June 9, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I have the attention span of a flea lately…I totally hear you! I’m OK in the morning, but after lunch things just go south. I need to move to a place that honors the mid-day siesta. A nap would do the trick!

And HGTV is a MAJOR time suck for me. Some of the afternoon shows are a little wacky, but I can’t turn away!
Alison @ The Peacock Diaries recently posted..St my brother says

26 Alexa June 9, 2011 at 7:27 pm

That parfait looks mighty tasty. I like adding cacao nibs to my yogurt for a a bit of a crunch. πŸ™‚
Alexa recently posted..TNT! Dynamite!

27 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 9, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I definitely get fuller easier when I eat out for breakfast. The portions are always so much bigger than what I eat at home!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Too Late

28 Jennie June 9, 2011 at 8:32 pm

With the heat here in Jersey I have not been in the mood for hot food and all i’ve been eating are smoothies! I don’t blame you!

29 Hilary June 9, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Mmmm…I usually enjoy my chocolate vitatop on the side of my fruit and yogurt, but maybe it needs to make the jump on top! …and I like the mug, it’s classy.
Hilary recently posted..Slow Run- Shape up and Sundae

30 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 9, 2011 at 10:26 pm

If I’m feeling distracted I try to think of a few small, quick things that I tell myself “ok just get these done and you can quit after that”. Usually after I do a few small things I get rolling again. And if not, then maybe you really need the break!

31 BroccoliHut June 9, 2011 at 11:09 pm

LOVE your mug–perfect for a parfait!