Registration is Open!

by Meghann on June 6, 2011

We Did It!!!

Screen shot 2011-06-06 at 10.02.42 PM.png

Registration for the 2011 Healthy Living Summit is now open!!!

A huge weight has officially been lifted from my shoulders. ;)

Each year opening registration is super stressful, but I’ve always amazed how wonderful and supportive everyone is out there (despite the mishaps). Thanks guys for making everything about the Healthy Living Summit possible. You guys rock!

There were a few minor hiccups – the HLS site crashing just before registration opened (we’re sooo changing hosts first thing tomorrow), registration claiming it was full before it was suppose to, etc. etc – but we made it work. And as of right now all but 10 tickets have been sold! Woop! Woop!

I knew the evening was going to get crazy, so I took a break before the madness began and relaxed in the kitchen with a bottle of marinade and a block of tofu.

IMG_0313.jpg

The Rich Pomegranate Fil-Fil Marinade was a gift from the Fil-Fil founder. I love the company’s story (found here) and the founding key characteristics of using only rich, fresh and wholesome ingredients in their marinades.

IMG_0317.jpg

The Rich Pomegranate Marinade was tangy with a slight spice to it. It was very fresh, as if the pomegrantes had been picked that morning, and I love that pomegranate was the FIRST item listed on the ingredient label instead of buried on the bottom.

The tofu sat in the marinade in the fridge for over an hour.

Then baked at 415 for 15 minutes on each side.

The results were extra crispy with a slight burn to them. The key to baked tofu is a slight burnt – trust me!

I plated the tofu alongside a bed of spinach with a homemade cold black bean salad (black beans, frozen corn, pineapple, and some Fil-Fil Pomegrante dressing).

Mini pitas on the side

Pretty dinners make me happy. :)

After dinner it was registration time.

There was a lot of this.

And this.

Oh, and this.

Necessary. Very necessary.

I think I’ve maxed out my stress levels for the day. Time to crank up the fans (I miss you AC!) and go to bed.

Good Night!

1 Holly @ Pink Runner June 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm

SOOOO excited to go to the Healthy Living Summit!

2 Emily June 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Glad it went relatively smoothly after all of your hard work! Thanks for your hard work and planning. I’m so excited to go for the first time!

I’ve never found a baked tofu recipe I love, but that sauce looks amazing!! I’m headed to their site to see where I can find it!

3 Victoria (District Chocoholic) June 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Sounds like registration went perfectly. Good luck with the A/C situation. Ugh!

4 Kelly @foodiefresh June 6, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I’ll take burned over mushy any day! Burned kale chips are also the way to go.

5 Amy June 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm

LOL. Are you wearing a Healthy Living Summit t-shirt while you manage the registration process? So fitting! I’m glad everything worked out! :)

6 Katy (The Singing Runner) June 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Congratulations Meghann! I know that it had to be super stressful on you but you did it! :)

I was in the middle of my Chem lecture and I was a (bad) student since I was constantly checking my TweetDeck for the link. I also had my parents back in Gainesville ready to register me if they needed to, but I whipped out my credit card in the middle of class to register! See you in Philly! I can’t wait! :D

7 Ash Bear June 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I’m so stinking excited for Philadelphia (AGAIN!) and proud of you!!! :)

8 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 6, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I wish I was going SO bad!!!
I can’t imagine how much of a headache it must be to plan though..

9 Tracy @ Commit To Fit June 6, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Looks like the summit is going to be fantastic, wish I could make it :(

10 amanda @ the beauty notebooks June 6, 2011 at 10:50 pm

I can’t wait to meet you at HLS! You are so awesome for planning/organizing it. The last picture of you is so cute, btw!

11 melissa June 6, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Great job Meghann! Hope most of the stress is way behind you!

12 Marisa E June 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I soooo cannot wait for HLS and I’m so glad I got a ticket!! I’m in Kinston, NC visiting family- I live in South Jersey- there is barely an internet signal anywhere because this area is mostly farmlands. I was able to get a decent enough signal on my hubby’s andriod to snag my ticket at around 9:30! I was sure they would be all gone by then- lucky for me they weren’t :-)
I can’t wait to you and all of my fav bloggers!!

13 Sarah June 6, 2011 at 11:03 pm

your tofu looks delicious! I really need to try and make my own sometime. It looks so simple but for some reason haven’t done it yet.

14 Carissa June 6, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Exciting to hear that HLS registration went…well! I’m a new blogger so I hope to grow, learn, and be there in 2012!

15 Shanna, like Banana June 6, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I registered! Can’t wait to come to HLS this year!

16 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food June 6, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Thank you so much for all of your hard work! :)

I am so excited to be attending HLS this year! Yey! :)

17 Holly @ The Runny Egg June 6, 2011 at 11:23 pm

I love that you wore an HLS shirt tonight :) I can’t wait to go!

18 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 6, 2011 at 11:26 pm

YAh for it going pretty well overall! I am sure it will be a great conference!

And ice cream IS the way to go without A/C, yikes! Your tofu looks really good, too :)

19 Krystina (Organically Me) June 6, 2011 at 11:56 pm

You’re a rockstar for planning this. :D

20 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 7, 2011 at 12:18 am

I wish I could go to HLS this year- totally forgot registration opened at 8 eastern time, not Pacific!

21 Amber Faye @ One "Faye" At A Time June 7, 2011 at 12:41 am

I wish I could make it to the HLS!! It sounds like it will be a blast.

That tofu looks AWESOME! I don’t think I could convince the hubby though, he runs the other way if anyone even mentions the word tofu!

22 Grace June 7, 2011 at 1:09 am

I was really thinking about going to HLS but it turns out school starts on the Monday after and that’s cutting it a little to close for comfort when I have bad luck with delays and a class at 7:30 am. Maybe next year?

23 Floey June 7, 2011 at 1:22 am

How do you get your pita pockets to puff? Do you microwave them?
Great job on HLS btw! :)

24 Laura (Starloz) June 7, 2011 at 3:06 am

i’m going to stand in the marinate isle until i find three incredible ones for my tofu. i need some more variety.

glad the HLS registration went well, i can’t imagine how stressful it must be.

25 Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East June 7, 2011 at 5:41 am

Glad registration went well! Wish I was closer so that I could attend. But I look forward to following online (hope it will be broadcast online like last year)!

26 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 7, 2011 at 6:03 am

I really wish that I was going to the healthy living summit. It sounds like a wonderful experience!

27 Allison @ Will Run For Candy June 7, 2011 at 6:27 am

Oh man, our AC died yesterday too. Is it not the most depressing thing to watch the temperature creep up one degree at a time? My husband came home to find me with all the lights off, no electronics on and lots of fans blowing. I’m actually looking forward to going to work today – AC!

28 Lauren June 7, 2011 at 6:52 am

Everything went great! So happy it did and now you can rest easy. Well, maybe not so much considering there is still probably so much to do before August, but at least the hard part is over. :)

29 Brittney June 7, 2011 at 7:04 am

Ah, sorry if I was one of the people adding to your stress level! I’m not sure if it was my computer or the site, but I was having major issues registering (and tweeted about it)! I had about three of the registration windows open and finally I clicked on one and saw that it went through! Phew! It was nerve-racking for sure! Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year at HLS! SO MUCH FUN!

30 Hope June 7, 2011 at 8:09 am

So glad that everything went through smoothly! :)

Your dinner looks great! I love the addition of the pineapple and corn! Delish!

31 Carolina June 7, 2011 at 8:45 am

I totally feel your pain girl, my AC decided to break yesterday — its way TOO hot for no AC!

32 Halley (Blunder Construction) June 7, 2011 at 8:46 am

I figured there would be some serious nail-biting on your end! Glad it all worked out, so looking forward to Philly!

33 Ali @ Ali Runs June 7, 2011 at 9:36 am

I have never been able to eat tofu–I think it is more of a texture thing for me. I’m not sure, but maybe someday I’ll try it and learn what I was missing all this time.

34 Amanda @ Eating Up June 7, 2011 at 10:52 am

Congrats on a successful registration!

35 Hilary June 7, 2011 at 11:16 am

Totally pumped for HLS! And I was feeling the same way on my end too! That tofu looks delish…wanna try baked tofu now!

36 Lacey @ Lake Life June 8, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I love that salad idea! Perfect for these hot days we’re not used to in June in NY :-)