Back to my Roots

by Meghann on June 6, 2011

Today I went back to my roots and created a sandwich only this blog would be proud of.

A Grilled Almond Butter, Apple, Apple Butter, and Provolone Sandwich.

It. Was. Amazing.

I’m pretty sure I’ve had this combo before, but there was something about this particular sandwich that took it over the top. Maybe it was the extra thick slice of provolone cheese? Or the addition of the apple butter? But, it was sweet, salty, and delicious.

Try almond butter with cheese. Trust me – it’s good!

On the side I had the additional Apple Slices

As well as a couple of pieces of broccoli for a touch of green.

Healthy Living Summit Update

Just a reminder that tickets for the 3rd Annual Healthy Living Summit go on sale TONIGHT at 8:00pmEST.

header_2010.jpg

Tickets are $100 and – if the last two years are any indication – they will sell out quickly! So, don’t delay!

Not sure what the Healthy Living Summit is?

Check out my recaps from 2009’s Summit in Boston…

And 2010 in Chicago!

Are you planning on attending this year’s Healthy Living Summit?!?!

1 Chloe (South Beach Girl) June 6, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Savory & sweet combos are one of my favorite, so I must try this sandwich out at least once!
Wish I could make HLS, but I’ll be getting ready for graduate school. Can’t wait to see the updates from all the bloggers who will be attending 🙂
Chloe (South Beach Girl) recently posted..Sun in Seattle

2 Sarah for Real June 6, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I was hoping to do the HLS this year, but I already had plans for that weekend.

Plus… I was hoping it would be west coast. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for next year! Putting in my vote for Seattle 😉

3 Gina @Runningtothekitchen June 6, 2011 at 1:58 pm

That combo, as odd as it is looks really good. Still haven’t eaten lunch so I’m starving right now!
Gina @Runningtothekitchen recently posted..Ireland Day 6 &amp 7- Killarney

4 Ali @ Ali Runs June 6, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I need to try that combo asap! I LOVE sweet and savory combos! 🙂
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Buffalo Half Marathon Race Recap

5 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio June 6, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Oh man! I need a panini press!

I’d LOVE to go to the summit… not sure if my boss will give me the day off… but it looks like I have to decide by 8PM tonight!
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..A Traveling Meatless Monday

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 6, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Aaaah so excited for you! I’ll be there in mind but not in body unfortunately, because I have the Can Fit Pro Toronto conference to attend on the same weekend. I have my fingers crossed tight that next year they won’t overlap!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Thrive in 30

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg June 6, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I hope to attend — although I can see myself forgetting to buy a ticket tonight and then I’ll be SOL.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Friday Date Night

8 Amanda @ Eating Up June 6, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Oooo the thicker the cheese, the better! 🙂

9 Jamie@everydaydolce June 6, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Oh that sandwich looks amazing, must re-create that myself 🙂
Always love your creativity in the kitchen and wish I could be as ambitious, lol!

10 Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) June 6, 2011 at 2:31 pm

AMAZING! I am literally drooling over this sandwich!

I’m registering for HLS tonight! So excited! 🙂

11 Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit June 6, 2011 at 2:33 pm

It would figure that even though I live in Philly… that’s the weekend I’ll be on vacation in Maryland 🙁
I wish you and the rest of the HLS bloggers the best of luck!!
Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit recently posted..Cycling and Chobani

12 Halley (Blunder Construction) June 6, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I really hope to snag tickets tonight for HLS! My phone alarm is set as a reminder!
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..To City By Foot

13 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food June 6, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I definitely am attending HLS! I just hope that I can snag a ticket in time! 🙂 It would be cool if it was here in Chicago again!

My blog is proud of that sammy! 🙂

14 Katy (The Singing Runner) June 6, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I’m really hoping to go to HLS this year! I actually have class from 5-9 but I am excusing myself from class at 7:55 to go into the hallway, log onto my laptop to try and get my ticket at 8pm! I’m so nervous though! Ahh!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Chicago Marathon 2011 Training Reflection- Week 11

15 Freya June 6, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I am sooo hoping to get tickets! I loved it last year and really want to go again 🙂
Freya recently posted..Ten to the Ten

16 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 6, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I love sweet & savory combos! Cheese and jam are a great one! And cream cheese and honey. I had AB with cheese the other day and it WAS good.

I don’t think I am going to HLS, but it looks super fun!!

17 Stephanie June 6, 2011 at 3:14 pm

ugh i want to go but i can’t swing this and vegas 🙁
Stephanie recently posted..Waterworks McGee

18 LauraJayne June 6, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I wish I could attend – but I can’t afford tickets this time around! I’m totally bummed, but hope I can make it next year!
LauraJayne recently posted..Blogger Break

19 Lauren C. @ FocusedToBeFit June 6, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I am considering going – seems like it’ll be a blast!!! Tickets go on sale so soon 🙂
Lauren C. @ FocusedToBeFit recently posted..Santa Fe Summer Salad

20 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 6, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I really want to go to the Healthy Living Summit! We’ll see 🙂

21 Bee Goes Bananas June 6, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Wow, that sandwich looks incredible!!!

22 Hillary June 6, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I so wish I could attend, but that’s the weekend before school starts up again. Unfortunately, I’ll be a basket-case trying to get my act together! Maybe next year!

23 Kate @ NaturaStride June 6, 2011 at 4:11 pm

YUM! I need to try this sandwich.
Yup! I’ll be at the summit! First-timer! I cannot miss it because it’s in Philly and I live here! So excited. I have to attend a dinner function with my husband’s company tonight – but am already planning on “excusing myself” around 8:00 to buy my ticket 🙂
Kate @ NaturaStride recently posted..King of Prussia 10-Miler Re-Cap!

24 Amy @ love4living June 6, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Bummed I will miss the HLS but not to sad because I will be in Mexico!
Amy @ love4living recently posted..Getting a clue and forgiving myself

25 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 6, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I want to go to the HLS SO bad but it’s just not in the budget this year 🙁
That sandwich sounds aaaamazing!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..WIAW &amp The Move In

26 Kelly @foodiefresh June 6, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I’m SO excited about HLS! It’s my first year attending!
Kelly @foodiefresh recently posted..Dressing down

27 Lindsay June 6, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Can I just say that sandwich looks godly. I’m totally going to have to steal that idea and create that sob tonight!!! Yummm

28 Lisa (bakebikeblog) June 6, 2011 at 5:28 pm

now THAT is one awesome looking sandwich!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..S0-So Pasta

29 Samantha June 6, 2011 at 5:35 pm

That sandwich looks delicious! And I wish I could afford to go to the HLS 🙁
I just graduated college and am moving to NYC, so money is really tight. Hopefully next year!!
Samantha recently posted..Interval Love

30 Tori (Fresh Fruition) June 6, 2011 at 6:09 pm

This sandwich is making me drool. What a perfect combination!
Tori (Fresh Fruition) recently posted..An Evening in Annapolis- Maryland

31 Lauren June 6, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I am so excited to be a part of the HLS this year! I can’t wait to speak and hopefully inspire so many incredible bloggers. 🙂 You are doing an amazing job at organizing this girl. Thanks so much for everything you are doing.
Lauren recently posted..Winner of the Sun Warrior Giveaway

32 Tessa @ Amazing Asset June 6, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Goodness that sandwich looks great… must.have.now. 🙂
I wish I could go, but I can’t afford it right now… boo! Next year though!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Step Out Of Your Comfort Zone…

33 Holly @ Pink Runner June 6, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Yes! I’m planning on buying a ticket tonight!!
Holly @ Pink Runner recently posted..Wedding and Sushi

34 Emily @ Life on Food June 6, 2011 at 7:57 pm

My favorite sandwich of all time is a PB (or any nut butter), raspberry jam, and cheddar cheese. Most people make a face and groan when I tell them this. I think it is delish! I will have to try the addition of an apple. Wonderful!
Emily @ Life on Food recently posted..Egglands Best Eggs

35 mindy June 6, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I’ll be there! Can’t wait!!
mindy recently posted..on the road- yet again

36 Angie (Losing It and Loving It) June 6, 2011 at 9:04 pm

That sandwich looks awesome!

As for HLS, it always seems to fall the same time as a biz conference I attend 2x a year in Atlanta so I’ll miss it yet again. Can’t wait to hear and read all about it.
Angie (Losing It and Loving It) recently posted..Workouts No Bueno

37 Caitlin June 6, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I’m coming for the first time! So excited!
Caitlin recently posted..Summer in the City!

38 C June 21, 2011 at 11:44 am

Hi! I am DEFINITELY going to HLS!!!! I was soooo excited that I was able to get a ticket. This is my first time and since I live just outside of Philly, I could not see missing such an event. See you there. 🙂