How to Cure Baby Fever
- Stay up all night planning a tropical vacation (We’re looking at cruises in October! )
- Sleep in until 8:30am on a Saturday ( a glorious 9 hour of uninterrupted sleep)
- Kick the dog out of the room when she starts whining about needing to go out (can’t do that with a baby)
- Stare at your future Half Ironman training plan and think of all the other race goals you want to accomplish before settling down
- Remember the best part about being an Aunt and Uncle is you get to play with the baby when the baby is good and immediately hand her back to the parents when she’s not so good
Baby fever cured.
It did feel nice to sleep in this morning. I turned my alarm clock off last night and crashed hard. When I did finally rise Maddie and I went for a nice mile walk around the neighborhood.
When we returned we made waffles.
I followed my favorite Cinnamon Oatmeal Waffle recipe (the trick with this recipe is to bump up the tablespoon of brown sugar to a quarter cup).
I went a little crazy with toppings.
Hot cinnamon apples and a peanut flour + soy milk glaze. Yum. Yum. And more Yum.
Let’s get this Saturday started.
Feel free to add on to my ‘how to cure baby fever list.’