more ยป" />

Playing the Waiting Game

by Meghann on June 3, 2011

It’s a Girl! It’s a Girl! It’s a Girl!

Baby Marley arrived on this planet just after 8:00 pm this evening. She has all 10 fingers, all 10 toes, and is as perfect as a little baby can be. Mom and Dad are doing great, but have politely asked no baby photos be posted on the internet. You’ll just have to take my word for it when I say she is the world’s cutest baby. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The actual delivery part went quick (just 15 minutes of pushing!), but labor was an all day event.

Derek and I ended up at the hospital earlier this afternoon with the Wii, some snacks, and the laptop in tow. We spent a couple of hours chatting and comforting before taking the new Daddy-to-be for a breather (and food!) at the Taco Bus.

My tummy was grumbling at this point, so I joined them for a vegetarian taco snack.

Yum!

When we arrived back at the hospital Mama-to-be was napping and still only a few centimeters along. At the gentle urging of Daddy-to-be, Derek and I headed to the local mall to wait out the labor at a movie. What better way to a wait the birth of a new family member than watching Hangover 2? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Wrong!

Unfortunately Hangover 2 was awful. Derek and I spent the whole time squirming in our seats waiting the movie out, but wanting desperately to leave. Take our advice and don’t see it. Hangover 2 is literally the same storyline as the first one (just take out the baby and add a monkey) without the originality and element of surprise that the first one had.

We called after the movie to check on the progress and was told she was at 9 cm. Close, but not there. We headed home thinking it was going to be a long night.

Wrong again.

Not even 15 minutes after walking through the door we got the good news – Marley had arrived! ๐Ÿ™‚

I threw together a quick almond butter, apple butter, and berry sandwich before rushing out the door to the hospital.

Words can not describe how emotional it is to see a baby that is less than an hour old. All of my insides yearned for this little girl. I lied when I said baby fever was at its peak yesterday… it passed an all time high this evening.

She was beautiful, healthy and thriving. As the nurses poked her with this and that she just cried and cried. It was the most beautiful cry full of life and hope I had ever heard. I know little Marley’s parents must be proud – they just created the world’s perfect baby.

Congrats Tyler and Rachel!

I can’t wait to go back and see that little girl’s face tomorrow. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 3, 2011 at 10:49 pm

How exciting! Congratulations on being an aunt ๐Ÿ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Eat Your Beer

2 Chloe (South Beach Girl) June 3, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Babies are so wonderful! I definitely yearn for lots of little ones and it’s even worse when people close to me have newborns. Congratulations to the new parent’s and both of you as well!
Chloe (South Beach Girl) recently posted..I love sandwiches

3 BethT June 3, 2011 at 11:03 pm

When you visited me and Lucy all those months ago I had no idea you had such baby fever, Meghann!! ๐Ÿ™‚ To quote one of my favorite mom blogs, I think you actually have more than a fever – you have baby rabies!

4 Meghann June 3, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I didn’t have baby fever back then! This is all new! It came out of nowhere – so strange.

5 Annette (Withasideofbrownies) June 3, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Congratulations aunt Meghann (and Mom and Dad )! I love holding new babies, I’ve had four so baby fever has passed on. Have fun holding the baby tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚
Annette (Withasideofbrownies) recently posted..Planting begins

6 Sarah June 4, 2011 at 12:25 am

Oh my gosh how exciting! New babies are so adorable. Congratulations!

I will also not waste my money on Hangover 2. Thank you for the review.
Sarah recently posted..So Hot!

7 Samantha June 4, 2011 at 1:20 am

Congratulations to the new parents, that’s so exciting!!!

I like that the parents don’t want photos posted online because it poses an interesting discussion, I think: when you have children, will you post their photos right away?

And I definitely will not see Hangover 2 until it’s on Netflix or something. Some say it’s awful and others say it’s funny but not worth the price of a movie theater ticket. Here’s to saving some money!
Samantha recently posted..Searching for Dresses

8 Meghann June 4, 2011 at 9:03 am

I think it’s an interesting discussion too. Maybe not for my blog, but definitely in general. Personally I find the internet and Facebook the easiest way to get photos out there (e-mailing photos suck – facebook is so much easier!), so I would plan to put a photo up almost as he or she is born just to let all my family members see him or her immediately.

9 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] June 4, 2011 at 2:10 am

So exciting ๐Ÿ™‚
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..Meuse ร  Velo

10 Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East) June 4, 2011 at 4:02 am

Congrats! New babies are so adorable and fun!
Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East) recently posted..Pasta with roasted tomatoes- peppers- and sausage

11 Katy (The Singing Runner) June 4, 2011 at 4:06 am

Congratulations to the mom and dad and congratulations to you, Aunt Meghann!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Comment on Coming Full Circle by Stephany

12 Holly @ The Runny Egg June 4, 2011 at 6:33 am

Congrats to the parents!

I’m not surprised about Hangover 2 — I honestly didn’t like the first one either, so I had no plans to see the 2nd one.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Tomato Face

13 hilary June 4, 2011 at 6:37 am

Yea for baby! Maybe your fever will subside once you hear about sleepless nights and sore nipples ๐Ÿ™‚

Babies are wonderful but it takes more than cute to make it through the first year.

14 Heather June 4, 2011 at 7:24 am

Good for them for stepping up and not letting you put pictures on the internet! Congrats to them!

15 Meghann June 4, 2011 at 9:00 am

It’s not just me. They’ve requested the entire family not post photos on Facebook either.

16 Heather June 4, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I know, I was just saying in general!

17 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 4, 2011 at 7:27 am

Congrats on another healthy baby in this world and in your life! There are seriously babies popping up everywhere ๐Ÿ™‚

I loved your tweets about your ovaries last night, but it’ll be a long time before i can relate to you ๐Ÿ˜‰
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Rolling in the Dough

18 Heather @ Side of Sneakers June 4, 2011 at 7:34 am

Congrats Aunt Meghann! And I’m super bummed to hear Hangover 2 sucked.

19 Sophie June 4, 2011 at 7:51 am

Hey, Congratulations! I bet you’ll be a great aunt ๐Ÿ˜€
I’m adding a ‘blogroll’ type page to my blog and think it’s only polite to ask – would it be okay if I added your page? I read it religiously everyday and want to share with my readers! ๐Ÿ˜€
Sophie recently posted..Good Intentions

20 Cynthia June 4, 2011 at 8:25 am

Yay for new babies! I haven’t seen Hangover 2, but when I saw an extended trailer I got the same impression about it. I did not want to pay $11 to see a movie that I have basically already seen. My husband and I decided to just wait until it comes out On Demand. Sorry it was so bad for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

21 Hilary June 4, 2011 at 8:45 am

So exciting…and glad you could be there! And what a tasty-looking taco too!
Hilary recently posted..Youโ€™ve been soft served!

22 Mac June 4, 2011 at 9:33 am

Yay for the baby coming! I am devastated to hear about Hangover 2 though ๐Ÿ™
Mac recently posted..Three Cheers for a Long Weekend!

23 Morgan June 4, 2011 at 10:38 am

Congratulations Auntie, enjoy her! The only thing better than being an aunt is being a mom (even when the baby is crying or unhappy). New babies rock, have fun!

24 Tay June 4, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I work in the food & nutrition department at the hospital, and one of my floors is the Labor & Delivery unit. It’s crazy to see women in labor for DAYS!! And then sometimes when I see a new baby literally minutes old – so so crazy. Or hear a baby all of a sudden start crying and know a new human JUST entered the world in a room down the hall – it really is a miracle.
Tay recently posted..Campbells to the Rescue!

25 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 4, 2011 at 2:02 pm

wahoo! SO exciting ๐Ÿ™‚

26 Jenna June 5, 2011 at 10:54 pm

awww i love lil babies!!
Jenna recently posted..Hello June!