Baby Fever at its Peak

by Meghann on June 2, 2011

Dear Journal,

I found the world’s cutest baby and I never want to give him back.

Love, Meghann

Seriously. How cute is this kid? I could stare at him all day and never get bored.

I would like you to meet Nathan Patrick. He is less than 24 hours old (probably the youngest newborn I’ve ever held! ) and arrived on this planet via his AMAZING parents – Callie and Nate – yesterday evening.

Derek and I took a little field trip to St. Pete this afternoon to congratulate the new parents and their gorgeous little boy.

It’s hard to believe that a week ago I was meeting Callie for lunch and this precious little face was still comfy and cozy in her belly. The miracle of life truly is a miracle!

I want one.

Just like him.

Scratch that.

I want three.

Two years apart.

Two boys and one girl.

Thankyouverymuch. πŸ˜‰

It’s seriously been baby fever lately. I feel like the majority of my friends are expecting or want to be expecting. I told Derek we need to skip this whole marriage thing and jump right on the baby train. He didn’t find that too amusing. Still, I’ll take it as a good sign he didn’t start running for the hills.;)

(Go Noles!)

Tomorrow Derek and I are heading to the hospital once again, only this time it will be in anticipation of the arrival of his new niece. Derek’s brother’s girlfriend (I hate how that’s such a mouthful!) is being induced tomorrow morning at 6:00am. Hopefully – if all goes according to plan – Derek will be Uncle Derek and I’ll be Aunt Meghann (we’ve already decided I’ll be Aunt Meghann with or without a ring πŸ˜‰ ) by this time tomorrow. I can’t wait to hold another baby in my arms! πŸ™‚

Before the hospital today, Derek and I stopped at Publix to pick up some subs for Callie and Nate (new parents need to eat!) and I grabbed a Berry Veggie Naked Drink.

Most of the bottled smoothie drinks have banana in them, so I rarely drink one, but this one passed the banana free test!

The drink itself was really thick and very intense. I let Derek try a sip and he mentioned something about resembling a Capri Sun and I’d have to agree. It was extra sweet and berry-licious just like a capri sun. I drank about half, but couldn’t stomach the rest.

We left Callie and Nate right around rush hour and figured it was pointless to fight traffic. Instead we decided to stay in town and have dinner while the traffic died down.

After reviewing a few menus in downtown we both agreed on The Moon Under Water – a British themed restaurant with a menu full of variety and decent pricing – was worth trying.

Newcastle for me

IMG_7117.jpg

Yuengling for Derek

I ordered the Feta Tabouli, which was a little smaller of a meal than I anticipated, but still tasty.

Fine by me. I wanted to save room for gelato anyways.

Derek and I shared a mix of Hazelnut, Salted Caramel, Coffee, and Peanut Butter. Yum. πŸ™‚

We just arrived back home and I’m ready to kick up my feet and call it a night.

Good Night!

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 2, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I’ve always got huge baby fever – no joke. My sister is pregnant right now and I can’t wait to hold the little peanut in my arms! I love the smell of baby – well, when they’re not puking or pooping.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles June 2, 2011 at 8:28 pm

What a beautiful family! Yay for Callie and Nate! πŸ™‚

3 Kara June 2, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I still get baby fever all the time, even though I have a baby. Being a female is a crazy thing!

You are an awesome friend for bringing them food. I remember all I wanted after I gave birth was Subway. I must have made my husband go at least 5 times before we went home. πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Random tidbit Thursday

4 Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate June 2, 2011 at 8:33 pm

LOVE the Moon Under Water! I went there when I was in town for a bowl game in December! πŸ™‚
Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate recently posted..No Shoes- No Shirt… No Problem

5 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out June 2, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Aww, he is ADORABLE!!! You definitely need 3!
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Wednesday’s Random Rambling

6 Angela @ Pinching and Packing June 2, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Moon Under Water is my favorite restaurant in downtown St. Pete – such a great area! And what an adorable little one :0)
Angela @ Pinching and Packing recently posted..NYC on a Budget

7 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun June 2, 2011 at 8:36 pm

So adorable! Thanks for sharing the pics of that sweet baby.

And once baby fever hits, it does hit hard.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Overcoming Binging

8 Carly D. @ CarlyBananas June 2, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Ahhh what a gorgeous baby! Callie looks fabulous for having a baby 24 hours ago!! Congrats to them πŸ™‚
Carly D. @ CarlyBananas recently posted..Happy National Running Day- 5 Reasons a Non-Runner Should Start Running

9 Michelle June 2, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I had baby fever until we found out we are moving to Germany. Now, kids are on hold for a good 3 years. I want to be able to travel Europe baby-free!
Michelle recently posted..Three Things

10 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 2, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Such a tiny and cute little baby! I can’t imagine holding a baby so little πŸ™‚ I’m sure you’ll be holding your own baby in your arms soon enough!

Question, just wondering why you can’t drink bananas in your drinks?!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Cool Down

11 Marci June 2, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Fun to see pics of Callie on your site! Don’t skip the marriage thing, it’s fun. And there’s no apostrophe in your post title. Im a grammar nazi.

12 jen June 2, 2011 at 10:37 pm

People in glass houses… Check your contraction.

Ugh, babies. Nope. My uterus must be malfunctioning. I can’t imagine having a cute lil’ anchor weight.

13 Erin June 2, 2011 at 11:40 pm

The title doesn’t need an apostrophe!

14 Reenie June 2, 2011 at 11:49 pm

It sure doesn’t πŸ™‚

15 Marci June 3, 2011 at 2:38 pm

whoa whoa, she deleted the apostrophe after i wrote. let’s not say i’m the bad one.

16 Rachel June 3, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I’m glad there’s no apostrophe, that would’ve bugged me πŸ˜‰
Rachel recently posted..These Days

17 Kristen (inspiredbydooce) June 2, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I thought I was the only one who hates banana in smoothies. I love both drinks featured- that smoothie looked good and I do love a Newcastle.
Kristen (inspiredbydooce) recently posted..three things thursday- good things come in threes

18 Clare @ Fitting It All In June 2, 2011 at 8:47 pm

THAT IS THE BEST GELATO PLACE IN ST. PETES!! I have to go every time I’m down there!!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..A Day Late

19 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 2, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Awwww too cute!

20 Silvia @ skinny jeans food June 2, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Mama Meghann!!
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Grilled Vegetables and… Grilled Strawberries

21 Lee June 2, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I definitely go through baby fever phases. We’re just not quite ready yet.
Lee recently posted..What We’ve Been Eating

22 Gina @Runningtothekitchen June 2, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I find those Naked smoothie/juices super sweet too. I can never finish it and don’t know why I continue to buy them, especially at their price!
Gina @Runningtothekitchen recently posted..Ireland Day 6 &amp 7- Killarney

23 Ali @ Ali Runs June 2, 2011 at 8:54 pm

What a cute baby!!! There is something so special about new borns! Congrats to the new parents! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Buffalo Half Marathon Race Recap

24 Holly @ Pink Runner June 2, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Cutest baby ever. Your food looks SO GOOD!

25 Ashley June 2, 2011 at 9:01 pm

aww I totally have baby fever too! I still have a while until that whole ring -> wedding thing though so it will be awhile
Ashley recently posted..Take the Challenge

26 Caroline June 2, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Gosh, what a cutie! There’s nothing better than a newborn. If you ever go to Moon Under Water again, you should try one of theier veggie curry dishes. They are my absolute favorite and the rice they serve with it is craveworthy.
Caroline recently posted..So Busy!

27 amanda@runningoncoffee June 2, 2011 at 9:04 pm

3 close friends from college/hs all had babies in the same week in May, 2 more friends here are expecting in the next month. A little bit on baby overload! Can’t say I’ve got the fever yet even though I’ll be 28 this summer. Probably has something to do with the fact that we are still in an apt, hubs is not yet done with his phd, and we’ll be moving to who-knows-where when he finishes later this year, and I’ve only been working for 2 yrs since finishing grad school. I want more time to be selfish and enjoy the ability to sleep in and travel and run when I want before that all changes!

28 Holly @ The Runny Egg June 2, 2011 at 9:06 pm

I love those Naked drinks but I also cannot drink the whole thing — too much fiber maybe?

I have baby fever too. Really bad.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Tomato Face

29 Brittany June 2, 2011 at 9:13 pm

What a handsome baby boy! Congrats to Callie and Nate!
Brittany recently posted..Fitbloggin recap

30 Kristin June 2, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I love the food at Moon Under Water, but we’ve often had terrible, slow service πŸ™ I still need to try that gelato place, though – I’ve heard raves about it!
Kristin recently posted..Stowing away infancy

31 Cat @Breakfast to Bed June 2, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Having just had a babe 3.5wks ago. Bless u for bringing them non-hospital food. And the baby is adorbs.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Im MOVINGto Wordpress

32 Katy (The Singing Runner) June 2, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Awwww how precious!!! πŸ˜€
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..My Running Journey

33 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food June 2, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Congratulations to Callie and Nate and their beautiful new baby! πŸ™‚

what a gorgeous family! πŸ™‚

I already have baby fever and non of my closest friends are having babies yet! These pics are speaking to my ovaries πŸ˜›

34 Jess-The SemiAbnormal Gal June 2, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Paci is my favorite gelato shop in all of Florida! excellent choice.

Ps. I’ve been to Moon Under Water about a dozen times (it is a favorite of my old boss in St. Pete) and I’ve never been 100% satisfied. Try The Garden or Z Grille next time instead. Those of two of my favorite downtown restaurants in St. Pete!

I’m actually working on a blog post about my recent trip to St. Pete for a a girls weekend and we hit up most of my favorite places. I’ll be sure to send you the link when I finish it up, hopefully this weekend.
Jess-The SemiAbnormal Gal recently posted..A Memorable Memorial Day Weekend

35 Christine June 2, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Get another dog. I had been suffering from baby-fever and then I got a puppy last week. Safe to say, I can wait awhile longer. Yawn.
Christine recently posted..A New Reading Companion

36 Mac June 2, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Very cute baby! Every time I try Naked juice it takes me forever to finish a bottle (if I do) because it’s so thick and sweet… delicious, just too much for me.
Mac recently posted..Three Cheers for a Long Weekend!

37 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs June 3, 2011 at 8:59 am

Dilute them! I almost always dilute store bought juices or smoothies; it helps!
Katherina @ Zephyr Runs recently posted..A New Running Route

38 Mac June 3, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Good call! Why have I never thought of that?
Mac recently posted..Three Cheers for a Long Weekend!

39 amanda June 2, 2011 at 10:31 pm

awwww!!! I just had a baby in august (at age 23) HONEYMOON baby! its been insane but worth it adjusting to marriage and baby.

40 Julie @ Wearing Mascara June 2, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Awww – he’s a cutie for sure!!
Julie @ Wearing Mascara recently posted..Bikram summer slump

41 Jess@atasteofconfidence June 2, 2011 at 11:21 pm

So cute. Love all the baby love going on right now. Hope everything goes well tmrw!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Almost Wordless Memorial Day Weekend

42 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 2, 2011 at 11:39 pm

SO so cute! I love little wee babies.

I hate bananas in drinks too! It always makes everything taste banana flavored. Eeeek πŸ™ and yes, always room for gelato!

43 Reenie June 2, 2011 at 11:47 pm

What a beautiful baby. Congrats to Callie & Nate πŸ™‚

44 Amber Faye @ One "Faye" At A Time June 2, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Cute baby! I am always baby hungry! Luckily so is the hubby, so it likely won’t be long til we’re jumping on the “baby train”! πŸ™‚

Yum, that gelato looks delish! Love Hazelnut gelato. LOVE.
Amber Faye @ One “Faye” At A Time recently posted..flyin’ solo

45 Alaina June 3, 2011 at 12:03 am

Aww, what an adorable baby! I always oooh and aww whenever I pass by a baby’s clothing store. Those itty bitty shoes always get me. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..My First Marathon

46 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 3, 2011 at 1:00 am

Ahhhh, such a sweet baby πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Eat Your Beer

47 Cara June 3, 2011 at 2:39 am

What a beautiful day and time with friends! He is an adorable baby! You’ve got a baby filled weekend, your baby fever is completely understandable πŸ™‚

48 Laura June 3, 2011 at 3:10 am

New Castle beer? Lol it does look like that but it’s actually Newcastle – it’s a city in the north of England!

49 Dina @ DinaRuns June 3, 2011 at 6:15 am

So cute!

I know what you mean about baby fever. It would be a terrible time to have kids, because my husband is in law school full-time and we can’t afford them, but I want one. Some day when we both are working.
Dina @ DinaRuns recently posted..Menagerie

50 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 3, 2011 at 6:46 am

Such a cute baby. He looks so new and adorable! πŸ™‚
Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes recently posted..Goals for June!

51 Lauren June 3, 2011 at 6:55 am

I’ve definitely had baby fever too. It must be in the water. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Our Memorial Day Open House Party

52 katie June 3, 2011 at 7:33 am

omg he is perfect and so sweet! Congrats to them!! Cutest family ever!!

I have baby fever too! I feel you on that! I do want to wait though until we buy a house, which Im hoping is next year!!
katie recently posted..Truth Be Told…

53 rachael June 3, 2011 at 7:45 am

Such a sweet baby! Congrats to all the new parents!

You and Derek will have very cute babies one day:)

54 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs June 3, 2011 at 8:58 am

The owner of the restaurant where I work had a baby recently and for the past year she’d bring her in and then get stuck doing work related things, so someone working would have to babysit. It would ALWAYS be me. I wanted a baby so bad last year and just lived vicariously through our owner πŸ˜› Now I’ve settled down a little bit… my uterus no longer jumps when I hear baby babble πŸ™‚
Katherina @ Zephyr Runs recently posted..A New Running Route

55 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs June 3, 2011 at 8:59 am

PS he might be the cutest newborn I’ve EVER seen. That’s not an exaggeration, newborns usually look like aliens!!
Katherina @ Zephyr Runs recently posted..A New Running Route

56 Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl June 3, 2011 at 9:03 am

awww babies are the best! Especially someone else’s baby. hehe. What a precious lil guy!
Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl recently posted..Sometimes Healthy – A Day in the Life

57 Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit June 3, 2011 at 9:46 am

I was just about to say that! ha I’m just not quite ready for my own. I told my husband he needs to take me to 3 different continents before babies πŸ™‚
Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit recently posted..I can run faster

58 Jess June 3, 2011 at 9:05 am

Awe, he is so cute! So many babies in your life right now. I started having baby fever about a year ago and now I’m just 6 weeks away from meeting our first baby girl! I’m so excited!
Jess recently posted..Happy Birthday to Me!

59 Hope June 3, 2011 at 9:07 am

Aw! He is so adorable! I love new babies! I get really excited when my friend and her husband come to visit and bring their daughter. She will be a year in December and I just love her to pieces! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Loving the Grill &amp Stressful Morning…

60 Lisa June 3, 2011 at 9:37 am

Beautiful baby, and they look so, so happy! Just love those pictures you took.

61 Lauren June 3, 2011 at 10:03 am

Absolutely beautiful baby. Congratulations to your friends — adorable family!
Lauren recently posted..Run in the New Year

62 Lauren June 3, 2011 at 10:05 am

PS – I told had baby fever when my niece was born, but now that she’s 2 – and manic! – the fever has calmed down a bit. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Run in the New Year

63 Katie June 3, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Awww! I am so glad you posted some more pictures of the cutie pie; I’ve been stalking Callie’s twitter stream for each new photo she posts. Freakin adorable.

On that note, I actually have never really held a baby before. Well, with the exception of my little brother when I was 5 years old. Perhaps if I were to hold a sweet little baby, my fever would start? I have quite a few people waiting anxiously to have it strike me. Patience, I tell them…
Katie recently posted..A First Anniversary Weekend

64 Stephanie June 4, 2011 at 10:47 am

I am all over baby fever and this one is way adorable πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
Stephanie recently posted..Waterworks McGee