Lazy Food Day

by Meghann on June 1, 2011

Wow!

You guys are amazing. Seriously.

Writing that post had me in tears yesterday. It was so therapeutic just to get that out; it already felt like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulder. Now, reading your comments, just makes me feel that much stronger and proud. Thank you for inspiring ME and reminding me that’s it’s ok to put myself out there.

Alright, enough mushy stuff.

It was another busy day, but a good busy day. Have you heard Healthy Living Tickets go on sale on Monday? Yippee!!!

I was at my computer from 9:00 – 12:00 working on summit stuff before taking a break for lunch.

Reheated Corn Soup with Spinach and Cheese.

The spinach and cheese add-ins really pumped the soup up.

White Cheddar Cornbread

If Derek touches the last piece of cornbread in the fridge he is a dead man. Just sayin’. πŸ˜‰

After lunch I gave myself a ‘veg out on the couch’ break just to keep my sanity. *note* keeping sanity is good. So is walking the dog and seeing what Rachael Ray is making for dinner tonight.

1:00pm conference call. (yay HLS sponsors!)

More computer work.

Snack

4:00pm conference call (we <3 our sponsors!)

Followed by a debate of if I really needed a pedicure or not. My wallet won over with a big no. Boo.

So, this happened.

The poor girl’s pedicure.

After two days of cooking real meals, I was tempted to just throw in the towel and request to go out for dinner tonight. Man, was I feeling lazy! I talked myself out of it and instead pulled what was left of one of those real meals from the fridge and pieced together a quick meal to satisfy mine and Derek’s hungry bellies for dinner.

I took what was left of last night’s roasted chicken breast, coated it in bbq sauce, threw in some pineapple, and slowly reheated it on the stovetop in a small pot. The bbq shredded chicken made a great sandwich filling.

With the chicken sandwich I had roasted asparagus

and a pickle!

The whole meal took less than 10 minutes. Much easier and faster than going out for food. Win!

Dessert!

Man V Food Nation premieres tonight! You guys know how much Derek and I LOVE that show (and often plan our travels around it) Well, tonight he’s heading to TAMPA! I can’t wait to see where he’ll end up!

If Adam Richman came to your hometown where would you take him? I’m hoping he hits up the Taco Bus and some place in South Tampa or Ybor! πŸ™‚

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 1, 2011 at 9:58 pm

It might be lazy food, but it still looks delicious! I haven’t had pretzels in way too long. And this might sound very strange to you, but unfortunately I’ve never seen Man Vs Food Nation!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..The Good and the Bad

2 Chloe (South Beach Girl) June 1, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Oh man, I WISH I could go to HLS – are you guys doing the live video streaming again for those of us who won’t be able to make it?
I both love and am horrified by Man v. Food….he’s very entertaining but I don’t know how he can eat so much without feeling awful all the time!
Chloe (South Beach Girl) recently posted..Hiking- Rivers- and Booze

3 Meghann June 2, 2011 at 10:03 am

we’re going to try and do live streaming. it really depends on internet connectivity and budget!

4 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) June 1, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Ah, love that show, too! I watched the Tampa episode tonight – I can’t imagine eating gator!

He came to Syracuse, NY last summer and hit all the right spots, including Dinosaur BBQ, which is definitely a must when you’re in CNY!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Easy Mango Pudding

5 Meghann June 2, 2011 at 10:04 am

Gator is actually a normal thing to eat in Florida. it’s pretty regular on most seafood menus πŸ™‚

6 Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates June 1, 2011 at 10:08 pm

I had a similar meal too. I was feeling lazy, but decided to reheat some chicken and quick veggies on the side. I did go get some yoforia though πŸ˜€

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg June 1, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Man vs. Food needs to come to MN during our State Fair — the food there is crazy.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Tomato Face

8 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out June 1, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I never think to use hot dog buns with anything other than wieners. I need to think outside the box. Sanity is good.
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Wednesday’s Random Rambling

9 Meghann June 2, 2011 at 10:06 am

haha – these hot dog buns are from a local bakery and they are freaking AMAZING – it would be sad just to use them for hot dogs! :

10 Samantha June 1, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I wish I lived in a more exciting town so I could actually take Adam Richman somewhere! My town is literally one of those “blink and you’ll miss it” areas…we don’t even have a gas station. Ha.

But that dinner looks delish! Love it when it’s fast, simple and yummy!
Samantha recently posted..Stretching Before A Run

11 Meghann June 2, 2011 at 10:07 am

That’s like where I grew up. I could take him to the local BBQ joint, but I’m pretty sure there isn’t anything new of different about that.

12 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 1, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I can’t wait to see what you have planned for the HLS!!!!

I love Man vs. Food, even though it grosses me out sometimes πŸ˜› If he came to my town, I’d take him to a restaurant called Harrold’s. They have the largest sandwiches, pancakes, cakes, everything, and it’s completely ridiculous…
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..China Day 6- Wuzhen

13 River June 1, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Cute tattoo on your foot!

Your good, deciding to stay home and cook instead of going out. I always think I’ll do that, but eating out wins!
River recently posted..Book Review – Kardashian Konfidential

14 SaraRM June 1, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I had the exact same nail debate and saving money won with me too… πŸ™ dang it ha

15 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles June 1, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I think I’ll be giving myself a poor girl’s pedicure tonight. I think summer is here to stay – gotta give some love to my toes! πŸ™‚
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..529 Sunday Sunset

16 Brooke @ Bittersweetb June 1, 2011 at 11:04 pm

I love that show, it always makes me hungry and then it makes me feel slightly sick haha. He’s already come to Philadelphia and tried to conquer a massive cheesesteak! I commend him for trying those suckers are filling.

17 Mac June 1, 2011 at 11:04 pm

If he came to Eau Claire I would take him to Milwaukee Burger Company so he could attempt to eat a Defibrillator, yes you heard me correctly, which is a 18 oz burger topped with the works and fried onion straws and cheese curds… the name says it all.
Mac recently posted..Three Cheers for a Long Weekend!

18 Meghann June 2, 2011 at 10:08 am

Whoa. Sounds dangerous!

19 Sana June 1, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Yay for eating at homeeee πŸ™‚
Sana recently posted..Hot Hot

20 Chelsey (Cookteen) June 1, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Fun Fact: they had to change it to Man vs. Food Nation because he was getting too big and unhealthy to keep doing all those challenges!

But I would take him to White Manna to see how many burger he can eat! They are super small so often people eat many. I find them too greasy :/ hehe

21 Meghann June 2, 2011 at 10:08 am

haha – he did pack on a few pounds doing the challenges all on his own!

22 Amanda @ The Beauty Notebooks June 1, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I can’t wait for HLS! Hope I can go. So perfect that it is in Philly, about an hour and a half away from me. thank you : )

btw, love your tatoo! is there a story behind it? I find it interesting since you are a Florida girl. snow is magical though!

23 Meghann June 2, 2011 at 10:11 am

haha I have a slight obsession with snowflakes – I think they’re gorgeous! Here’s a post with a little more of a description about the tattoo http://mealsandmiles.com/2010/10/14/college-memories/

24 mindy June 1, 2011 at 11:31 pm

He actually did come to my town a couple summers ago for the baseball special! He ate the Fifth Third Burger which is “five 1/3-pound burger patties and topped with American cheese, nacho cheese sauce, chili, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, salsa, sour cream, and tortilla chips, all stuffed inside an 8-inch sesame seed bun” – it’s 5 pounds and just shy of 5,000 calories.

Ridic.
mindy recently posted..national running day

25 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com June 1, 2011 at 11:32 pm

We love Man v Food too! Just wonder how can he scoff down so much of food? But it’s fun to watch some daring challenges.
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Endeavour- Final Historic Voyage

26 Christine June 1, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Your dinner concoction actually looks really good, minus the pickle πŸ˜‰
Christine recently posted..A New Reading Companion

27 Amy @ love4living.com June 1, 2011 at 11:48 pm

I love how your “lazy food day” is still 100 times better than what I could create in the kitchen! And I love your Orange bowl!
Amy @ love4living.com recently posted..Wednesday Weigh In- Comparison Trap

28 Alaina June 2, 2011 at 12:17 am

Love Man vs. Food! David and I plan a lot of our trips around where he goes as well. πŸ™‚ I wouldn’t be surprised if he went to the Taco Bus! Seems like his kind of place.
Alaina recently posted..My First Marathon

29 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) June 2, 2011 at 1:04 am

I don’t like that show, but I really want to go to some of those restaurants πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Eat Your Beer

30 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 2, 2011 at 1:04 am

I actually LOVE doing my own toenails, weird-eh?? πŸ™‚

And I get lazy in the kitchen too….my poor husband. ha!

31 Lauren June 2, 2011 at 6:36 am

Your lazy dinner looks amazing! Glad you had a good response from your last post. I knew you would! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Our Memorial Day Open House Party

32 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 2, 2011 at 6:47 am

I love how your lazy food still looks so amazing! πŸ™‚
Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes recently posted..Goals for June!

33 Hillary June 2, 2011 at 7:13 am

Man v. Food is my JAM. Although I live in Baltimore right now, I’m originally from Rhode Island, and he hasn’t visited there yet! There are so many places I would take him: Olneyville System for hot weiners would be the first stop, and he could wash them down with a cold coffee milk (milk with coffee flavored syrup; a RI specialty!).
Hillary recently posted..Super Cool and Minty Fresh

34 Hope June 2, 2011 at 8:20 am

That dinner looks great! Some of the most simple dinners turn out to be the best dinners! πŸ™‚ I’ve never seen that tv show but I think it would be cool to watch! I might need to DVR a rerun of that episode. πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Loving the Grill &amp Stressful Morning…

35 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run June 2, 2011 at 9:05 am

No tacos on his menu tonight. But I won’t tell you what is so I don’t spoil it. πŸ™‚
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Electric Daisy Carnival Day 2

36 Meghann June 2, 2011 at 10:13 am

I know – sadness. I was actually disappointed with the places he did go. boo

37 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food June 2, 2011 at 9:07 am

I am so excited for HLS I can’t wait to snag a ticket! πŸ™‚

Thanks so much for all of your hard work putting it together! πŸ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Shopping for Dreams…

38 Ali @ Ali Runs June 2, 2011 at 9:08 am

I LOVE big pretzels! My grandma always has them when we go over to her house. They are a fav–and instantly remind me of her. πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Buffalo Half Marathon Race Recap

39 Katie @ Pop Culture Cuisine June 2, 2011 at 9:58 am

That show along with others such as “Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives” is sort of how my whole blog topic came about, I love hearing about new restaurants and incorporating them into our travels!!!
Katie @ Pop Culture Cuisine recently posted..May β€˜Recipe of the Month’ – Pregnant Woman on a Mission!

40 Steph June 2, 2011 at 10:23 am

Hope I can get tickets to HLS this year! How much are the tickets?
Steph recently posted..Running Streak A Busy June

41 Lauren June 2, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Your dinner looks great!

I almost always resort to the poor girl’s pedicure. I get manicures pretty regularly (because I’m horrible at painting my fingernails), but figure I can do my toes well enough to preclude me having to spend $30 at a salon/spa.
Lauren recently posted..Run in the New Year

42 Doc (The Healthy PhD) June 2, 2011 at 3:50 pm

He visited Ames, IA for Man v. Food and highlighted Black Market Pizza! They make a really stupendous sweet potato crust and a great cheeseburger pizza, but the rest is pretty meh. I’d want him to check out our brewery. For a small town, we pump out some good beers!
Doc (The Healthy PhD) recently posted..Summer Goals Recap 2

43 BroccoliHut June 2, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Love the cute bowl you served your soup in!