Weekend Left Overs

by Meghann on May 30, 2011

I had some seriously good food this weekend…. Mediterranean Eggs Benedict…. Homemade PizzaSummer Parfait…. Fresh Grouper Salad... Kabobs YUM!

The best part about making too much of a good thing, is getting to experience it again all over again once the weekend is over.

I ate the kabob leftovers cold over a bed of spinach with a drizzle of Vidalia Onion Dressing. I always prefer left over grilled veggies cold for some reason, probably because reheating them NEVER replicated the amazing flavor from the night before.

The pizza was reheated under the broiler until the crust was nice and crispy.

I <3 left overs. πŸ™‚

1 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine May 30, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Not a huge fan of leftovers in general, but pizza is a different story πŸ™‚ Happy Memorial day!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Ice Cream &gt Fish Head

2 Allison @ Allison's Delicious Life May 30, 2011 at 1:49 pm

i love leftovers, too! i always purposely save some when i go out to eat. btw i really like that plate. where did you get it?

3 Meghann May 30, 2011 at 9:51 pm

4 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 30, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Leftovers always come in handy πŸ™‚ You may like leftover grilled veggies cold, but I actually LOVE leftover cold pizza!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Changes

5 Kara May 30, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I eat most of my leftovers cold, but that has to do more with laziness and less with concern about flavor preservation. πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..But youve run marathons- right

6 Maria May 30, 2011 at 1:53 pm

My soups and stews almost always turn out better after sitting in the fridge overnight, but leftover pizza is my favorite. Cold, because I still think I’m a college kid πŸ™‚
Maria recently posted..ring bearer outfit

7 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 30, 2011 at 1:55 pm

mmmmm I <3 leftovers too! My sister hates them and I think that's super weird, b/c they're the best the next day. Get to have something yummy AGAIn πŸ™‚

8 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 30, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I love them too! I had a quinoa and amaranth leftover salad for lunch today and the flavour just gets better with time. More tomorrow!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..The Good and the Bad

9 SaraRM May 30, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I definitely agree about the cold veggies, they are usually too soggie when they are warmed up!

10 Emily @ Savory and Savage May 30, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Reheated pizza is the best!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Honey in a comb

11 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 30, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I prefer cold roasted veggies to hot πŸ™‚ Especially sweet potatoes and broccoli!

12 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 30, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I <3 leftovers big time! We had some awesome homemade vegan chorizo taco leftovers for lunch today, so delish! πŸ™‚

Hope you have a wonderful rest of your holiday! πŸ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Shopping for Dreams…

13 Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 30, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I am not usually a huge fan of my own leftovers for some strange reason… But other people’ are okay? Yeah kind of weird.
That plate looks delish! You did make a lot of great food this weekend, my mom and I are planning to make our own pizza tonight πŸ™‚
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Comment on A Day Of Firsts A Recipe by tessa8m

14 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 30, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Leftovers are the best — except I always eat them the next day — food just doesn’t last more than that!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Tomato Face

15 Sana May 30, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Leftovers never last in my family of five!
Sana recently posted..I am off to…

16 Christine May 30, 2011 at 7:06 pm

You’re so good about using up your leftovers- mine get old, smelly and forgotten!
Christine recently posted..A New Reading Companion

17 Hilary May 30, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Way to rock the leftovers! I also love them….I re-invented some leftovers for tonight’s supper, in fact!
Hilary recently posted..How to get to Sesame-less Street

18 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out May 30, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Leftovers are the best. Fact.
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Pre Race Day Jitters