Make. This. Now.

by Meghann on May 30, 2011

Make. This. Now.

Seriously.

I made Emily’s White Cheddar Yogurt Cornbread as a side dish for dinner tonight and I’m pretty sure it stole the show. Derek went back for seconds (and thirds) and I made sure to savor every crumb on my plate.

The cornbread was very moist and had this wonderful balance of sweet and salty (as every cornbread should!). I loved how the melted cheddar added a level of cheesy flavor without over doing it.

I’m not kidding when I say you have to make this now. πŸ™‚

I had a bit of a corn theme going with the menu tonight. My main dish was a Corn Soup loosely based on this recipe.

Only I served the soup hot, subbed out the white potato for a sweet potato, added shrimp (after blending) and served with sharp white cheddar and spicy peanuts.

Yum. πŸ™‚

It felt good to busy myself making dinner in the kitchen and actually make a real meal as opposed to just random bowls of vegetables. It also feels good to have food in the house again. Derek and I brought home a massive haul of groceries from Publix this afternoon. Now, I actually have choices of food to work with!

After we were done shopping I had a gigantic Apple with Honey Peanut Butter.

And after dinner, a shortbread cookie sandwich for dessert.

Derek and I brought Mario Kart today and haven’t been able to pull ourselves away from it. He’s been kicking my butt so far, but I’m hopeful that will change. πŸ˜‰

Good Night!

1 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out May 30, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Haha! Fun game

The cornbread DOES look amazing!
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Pre Race Day Jitters

2 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 30, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Wow, that cornbread does look good! I spent most of my life thinking I hated cornbread, and I tried it again last year and realized that I actually loved it. This looks way better than the kind I made!

3 Gina @Runningtothekitchen May 30, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Yum!
Mario Kart is super addictive. We played for like 3 weeks straight when we first got it. I beat the entire thing in just over a month so now I have to entertain myself by playing other people online. God I sound like a huge loser writing this!
Enjoy!
Gina @Runningtothekitchen recently posted..Ireland Day 6 &amp 7- Killarney

4 Michelle May 30, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Looks delicious

5 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 30, 2011 at 9:55 pm

oh my heavens that cornbread looks amazing! πŸ™‚

I have never made cornbread with yogurt before but always love adding yogurt to quick breads so it makes total sense!

My siblings and I used to play mario kart all the time, it is totally addictive! πŸ˜›

6 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 30, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Mario Kart is so much fun! Although I think we;re burnt out — we played so much when we first got it.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Tomato Face

7 River May 30, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Haha Mario Kart…good luck! I found using the steering wheel so strange!
River recently posted..May Wishlist – Revisited

8 Alaina May 30, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I saw that recipe!! I am so making that with a pot of chili. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..My First Marathon

9 Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates May 30, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Yum! I will have to try that sometime!
Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates recently posted..Chocolate Protein Pancakes

10 Sana May 30, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Derek is a lucky mannn πŸ™‚
Sana recently posted..I am off to…

11 Sarah K May 30, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Mario Kart, YES! I always lose to my friends, but still love that game.
Sarah K recently posted..Amazing Chicken Tacos

12 Sheri (phablifestyle) May 30, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Ha! I made Emily’s cornbread tonight too for supper. We had ours with chili and I agree it was amazing! So good.

13 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 30, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Hahaha Mario Kart was a high school obsession! Not that I was ever that great at it πŸ˜‰

I’ve got Emily’s recipe bookmarked, and now I’ve GOT to make it!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..China Day 5- Hangzhou

14 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] May 31, 2011 at 2:02 am

Doesn’t it feel good to put time into your meal? Last night I had a friend over for dinner – usually when I’m by myself I don’t try as hard. Mario Kart ….AWESOME!
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..Good Eats in Bordeaux

15 Khushboo May 31, 2011 at 2:20 am

I love all things corn so this meal kinda has me drooling! Mario Kart is the best- especially when playing as Bowser!
Khushboo recently posted..Pro-tein versus Con-tein

16 Cara May 31, 2011 at 4:56 am

Ahhh mario kart! I used to love that game when I was growing up!
That corn bread looks outstanding, I can’t wait to try it when I get home I am positive the boy will love it!

17 Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East May 31, 2011 at 4:57 am

The corn soup and cornbread look so delicious! Definately got me craving soup with cornbread!

Mario Kart is so addicting!

18 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 31, 2011 at 6:57 am

This looks great. I love cornbread! I’ve never tried corn soup though, but it sure looks lovely!

19 Hope May 31, 2011 at 8:11 am

That cornbread looks delicious! I will most definitely have to try making it sometime! Yum! The corn soup looks good too. I love the corn themed dinner! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Loving the Grill &amp Stressful Morning…

20 Hilary May 31, 2011 at 9:47 am

Ooohh…lovin’ the corn theme! Looks SO GOOD!

21 Lauren @ Team Giles May 31, 2011 at 10:00 am

I read this last night on my iPhone app BlogLovin’, and I dreamed about corn bread. I blame you for my tasty dream. ha! πŸ˜‰
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..The USDA to change the Food Pyramid this Week

22 Ali @ Ali Runs May 31, 2011 at 11:11 am

Mario Kart is super addicting! My boyfriend and his friends play it ALL. THE. TIME.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Buffalo Half Marathon Race Recap