more ยป" />

I Miss Orlando

by Meghann on May 28, 2011

Don’t get me wrong – I’m learning to love Tampa and have discovered some great things about the city – BUT there are some things about Orlando that will always have me running back for more.

Like hour long breakfasts with Katy (where an hour doesn’t seem to be enough to squeeze in all we have to talk about).

I miss her. We’re going to need to implement weekly Skype chats to stay even more in touch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tampa had great areas, but it doesn’t have Ivanhoe road or White Wolf Cafe.

This was a great lunch spot for my old office crew, but I had never been for breakfast. I’m not sure why – the breakfast menu was great, the service was quick, and the atmosphere was cozy and welcoming.

I was considering the breakfast sandwich when the wide variety of eggs benedict caught my attention. Egg benedict = open face egg sandwich with extra toppings… right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

There were quite a few options to choose from, but I went with the Mediterranean Benedict (spinach, feta, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and a poached egg) with the hollandaise sauce on the side (didn’t touch it, didn’t need it).

The combination was very light and refreshing. I loved the addition of the salty artichoke hearts with the wilted spinach and egg. Delicious.

A side of fruit to round the plate out.

๐Ÿ™‚

Orlando also had Dance Trance!!

Man, do I miss Dance Trance!! (Check out my iZon Orlando video for a breakdown of what Dance Trance is). You could tell it had been a while since my last class because I was a little behind with some of the dances, but there really didn’t matter – it was still a blast! In fact, that’s one of the things I love about Dance Trance – no one cares if you’re off beat or look like a fool! They’re just there to dance, just like you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dance Trance, Please come to Tampa. xoxo Meghann ๐Ÿ™‚

Another thing Orlando has? My family!

I’m meeting my mom and sister for a girl’s day of WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING!!! Yippeee!!!!

1 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 28, 2011 at 11:54 am

Orlando looks like it has a lot of great restaurants!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Eat Your Beer

2 Fit Chick Britt May 28, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Good think you’re still decently close to Orlando! Have a great day.
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..The Little Things

3 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 28, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I’ve never tried Dance Trance, but people rave about it!
Have so much fun with your sister today!

4 molly May 28, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Ah KC has first fridays here and it is so fun! Ours is a big art showing in the art district with free wine, gallery openings, music… it is pretty great every first friday of the month.

5 Gina @Runningtothekitchen May 28, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I have never tried eggs benedict and everytime I see it, I want it!
Gina @Runningtothekitchen recently posted..Ireland Day 6 &amp 7- Killarney

6 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 28, 2011 at 1:04 pm

oh I LOVE the idea of a great open-faced egg/spinach sandwich!

YAH for dress shopping. I loooovveeed dress shopping for my dress, so SO fun ๐Ÿ™‚

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 28, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Have fun dress shopping!

I really missed home when I first moved away for college, and then when I graduated and moved home for a bit, I really missed my college town! Now I’m happy where I am, and you’ll get there too!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Tomato Face

8 Sana May 28, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Sooo excited for you to go wedding dress shopping!!!
Sana recently posted..Running- Meh

9 Morgan @ moments of mmm May 28, 2011 at 1:31 pm

This restaurant looks so cozy!

Living in a new place is definitely an experience! I am from Chicago and have been in Phoenix for college for a year now. I miss you family soo much, but when I do get to see them, it makes it that much more special.
Morgan @ moments of mmm recently posted..Vegas Through Pictures

10 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 28, 2011 at 2:07 pm

such a good idea to do a weekly skype date. I just posted about how I feel that I really don’t keep in touch with my friends enough bec we all live so far apart. Weekly dates would help a lot! ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Krystina (Organically Me) May 28, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I miss Orlando so ridiculously bad. ๐Ÿ™ I feel like it’s my home, but I’m stuck in Massachusetts until I’m able to permanently move to Otown.
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Theres the Rub

12 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out May 28, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Wedding dress shopping!? So fun!!
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Lowe Mill Concert on the Dock and Happy Tummy

13 Hilary May 28, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Family + shopping – sounds like a great Saturday to me!
Hilary recently posted..Bowled Over

14 Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates May 28, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I know how you feel. It’s hard moving from a place with all your friends/family. I transferred to my current college and I miss my friends from my previous one SO much!!!
Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates recently posted..Chocolate Protein Pancakes

15 Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups May 30, 2011 at 8:40 am

I feel like everyone either loves or hates Orlando. So glad you’re on the love side! I can’t believe I’ve never tried White Wolf. I’ve heard great things and I’m always in that area!
Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups recently posted..Paddy Murphyโ€™s Irish Pub and Delish Frozen Yogurt

16 Julie May 31, 2011 at 9:44 am

Hey Meghann! I was looking into some Tampa Dance Trance as well, and I found on the company’s website by searching “locations” that the Hyde Park/South Tampa Lifestyle Family Fitness there does offer it, but they call it Dance2themax. Maybe that will help you get your Dance Trance fix?