Finding THE Dress

by Meghann on May 28, 2011

Let the wedding planning begin!

And by wedding planning… I mean dress shopping because that’s really the most important part, right? πŸ˜‰

This afternoon was all about my sister and her quest for the PERFECT dress for her 2012 spring/summer wedding (no official date as been set). Her goal was just to try a few dresses on and see which style suited her frame. Famous last words if you ask me. πŸ˜‰

I met Kelly, Ashley, and my Mom at Grafitti Junction in College Park for lunch before the dress shopping extravaganza began.

Graffiti Junction is a great burger bar with locations in College Park and Downtown. I love their fun relaxed vibe and flair for a mix of sports and colors.

They’re known for their burgers, but I was feeling a salad. The California Chicken Salad stood out to me with a good mix of healthy fats, protein, and greens.

The salad as the perfect portion with just enough food to fill my appetite. The chicken was well seasoned and the avocado was ripe and creamy. It was quite tasty. πŸ™‚

After lunch we headed to appointment #1 at David’s Bridal.

I’ll let Kelly tell more of the story at her blog, but I will say it was pretty to easy to find a style of dress that enhanced her curves in all the right places pretty much right off the bat. Her long torso, great hips, and smaller chest meant almost every dress looked incredible on her. It was like she was made to wear wedding dresses.

We only had an hour at David’s Bridal before we had to book across the street for appointment #2 at Alfred Angelo.

That’s where this happened.

Yep, she found THE dress!!

I know it’s cliche, but as soon as Kelly started tearing up, we all broke down. It was just too perfect. All I could think was ‘this is what a wedding dress SHOULD look like.’ She looked like a bride; a beautiful, happy bride. πŸ™‚

Eventually we all tried our tears and Kelly reluctantly told her dress good bye. She should be able to pick up that one (that’s actually in her size!) in 10-12 weeks. πŸ™‚

We celebrated the big purchase with Frozen yogurt

IMG_0084.JPG IMG_0085.JPG

and a movie

Can you guess what we saw?!?

Bridesmaids-Movie.jpg

We just couldn’t resist. πŸ˜‰

Bridesmaids was a ridiculously funny movie with some pretty ridiculously disgusting scenes. The jokes were great, but the quirky female ensemble were what really made the movie worthwhile. I loved that none of the leading ladies were your stereotypical on screen starlet. They were all beautiful, crazy, and perfect in the roles.

I suggest seeing Bridesmaids with a bunch of girlfriends, particularly ones that are about to say I Do.

After the movie I drove home to Tampa and was greeted by sloppy Maddie kisses and homemade pizza.

Yum!

Derek forgot the cheese, but did great job piecing together a pizza of artichoke hearts, Fireld Roast Sausage, and pineapple.

I had two pieces with a side of roasted okra and ketchup.

Perfection. πŸ™‚

It’s bed time.

Good Night!!

1 Jess@atasteofconfidence May 28, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I LOVE alfred angelo. Can’t wait to see it!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..my eating story- part 3

2 molly May 28, 2011 at 10:39 pm

aw how perfect! so happy you captured that photo of your sister. so cute

love cheeseless pizza

3 Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates May 28, 2011 at 10:41 pm

What do you mean by ridiculously disgusting scenes? Haha. I saw Hangover 2 last night and it had some ridiculously disgusting scenes as well.. Aghh!
Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates recently posted..Chocolate Protein Pancakes

4 Lee May 28, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Aww. I’m so glad she found her dress.
Lee recently posted..Food Guilt

5 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 28, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Awww I’m so glad Kelly found THE dress! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..The BEST 24 Hours!!!

6 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 28, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Yey! I found mine at David’s Bridal! πŸ™‚

So happy for Kelly! πŸ™‚

7 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 28, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Yah! She found THE dress! SO happy for her πŸ™‚

It only took me 4 dresses to find ‘my’ dress….and yeah, it was perfect immediately! Funny how that happens?!

Love your lunch salad, looks sooo good. I love chicken in salads too!

8 Michelle May 28, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Congrats to Kelly!

I was *just* talking about this last night with my sister-in-law to be (who just got her dress in!). We were saying how you just KNOW when it’s your wedding dress. I didn’t cry when I found mine, but everyone else did!
Michelle recently posted..Busy- Busy Weekend

9 Jessica May 28, 2011 at 11:19 pm

The picture of Kelly crying was too cute! I didn’t cry when I found mine, but I was really, really happy. I’m just not much of a cryer I guess lol
Jessica recently posted..Design Exercise Books

10 Pam May 28, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Hey – you might want to crop out the mirror behind kelly in the tearing up pic!!

11 Dione May 29, 2011 at 12:18 am

LOL, I thought the same thing!
Dione recently posted..Mt Baldy–Tour de California

12 Pam May 28, 2011 at 11:26 pm

If it’s a mirror! Maybe it’s someone else πŸ™‚

13 Jenn (eating bender) May 28, 2011 at 11:55 pm

You had ME tearing up – what an amazing picture of the bride-to-be when she found “the dress.” πŸ™‚ I’m so excited to see it!

Bridesmaids is definitely a hilarious movie, too!
Jenn (eating bender) recently posted..Dinner With A Friend Oprah

14 Phoebe May 29, 2011 at 12:15 am

That is so sweet! That picture of Kelly is so moving, she looks beautiful and happy even tearing up! Great that you found “the dress” already!

My boyfriend and I saw Bridesmaids right after it came out. I thought I had a strong stomach but the gross-out scenes REALLY grossed me out and definitely stuck in my mind after. I loved the movie as much as you did though!

15 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 29, 2011 at 12:17 am

Awww! What a fun thing to do with your sister πŸ™‚ She is going to be a beautiful bride!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Eat Your Beer

16 Dione May 29, 2011 at 12:20 am

I’m so happy for Kelly for finding THE dress!
Dione recently posted..Mt Baldy–Tour de California

17 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 29, 2011 at 12:28 am

I’m glad your sister found a dress!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Tomato Face

18 Christine May 29, 2011 at 12:47 am

Bridesmaids is hilarious! I saw it with my husband, who will even admit it’s good. I loved the end- it made me miss Wilson Phillips πŸ˜‰
Christine recently posted..A New Reading Companion

19 Cara May 29, 2011 at 3:02 am

What a wonderful day with all the woman in your family! It sounds like a perfect girls day out! So exciting!

20 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 29, 2011 at 5:57 am

Ahh I can’t wait until all of my friends start getting engaged. Dress shopping sounds too much fun.

Congrats to Kelly on finding her dress πŸ™‚ It’s awesome that she found her dress so soon!!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Homecoming

21 Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl May 29, 2011 at 7:33 am

Awww congrats to your sister! I think I will go see Bridesmaids with my brother’s fiance. It will be a good bonding experience πŸ™‚
Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl recently posted..Friendship and Frozen Hot Chocolate

22 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 29, 2011 at 8:03 am

Your sister is just beautiful – she will make a gorgeous bride. I actually didn’t cry when I put on my wedding dress – I just “knew” it was the one!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

23 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 29, 2011 at 8:28 am

I like looking at the Alfred Angelo website, and I’m not even engaged :). I know her dress must be beautiful!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Caps- gowns- and food on a farm

24 katie May 29, 2011 at 8:31 am

Im so happy she found THE DRESS! How exciting!!!

What a fun day and fun way to end it with froyo and that movie! I took some of my bridesmaids to see it 2 weeks ago! We loved it! Was so funny!!
katie recently posted..Fun Filled Saturday Wisconsin

25 Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. May 29, 2011 at 9:05 am

HOW EXCITING! Makes me want to go pretend to be a bride again and try on some dresses. πŸ˜‰ I should try on mine; or at least do something with it. It is still in the same bag, unmoved, from our wedding night.

And yes, please show the no-gos!
Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. recently posted..Book Club- Wrecker

26 RunningOnCoffee May 29, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Glad you had a successful trip! I saw Bridesmaids with my husband…we both like Kristen Wiig, and there were a lot of other familiar faces in the movie too. We liked it, gross humor and all!
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Longest Post Ever

27 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 29, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Wedding dress shopping is nothing like normal dress shopping…every dress looks amazing on every girl.
Two girls of completely different body types can walk out of the change room in the exact same dress and both look amazing. It’s just because the dresses are tailored so well and really are made to make you gorgeous.
…if only all clothes were made the same way

28 Macrae May 29, 2011 at 9:30 pm

That is such a sweet picture of Kelly!
Bridesmaids is hilarious, but I would have felt so awkward going with my mom! How’d your Mom like it?

29 Shannon May 30, 2011 at 10:29 am

So cute! Saw that movie too! Laughed the whole time!
Shannon recently posted..Days 3 and 4 Day at Sea and San Juan- Puerto Rico

30 melissa (fitnessnyc) June 2, 2011 at 4:48 pm

congrats kelly. how magical.
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Free Flywheel Spinning Event!