more ยป" />

Failed Plans

by Meghann on May 27, 2011

Here’s how tonight went down.

(6:00 PM)

Derek: Come to Channelside tonight! I’m going to a fundraiser event first, but we can meet for dinner afterwards.

Me: Ok!

(7:30 PM)

Me: What’s going on? Should I drive over yet?

Derek: Not yet. Event is still going on, there’s a $20 donation at the door so stay put for now.

(8:00 PM)

Me: I’m bored.

Derek: Come now then

Me: I don’t feel like paying $20

(8:45 PM)

Derek: Alright, you can come. Here’s the address.

Me: *crickets*

(9:10 PM)

Derek: Babe?

Me: *crickets*

(9:30 PM)

Phone rings

Me: Holy Crap! It’s 9:30? I fell asleep!

Oopsss….

Somehow I fell asleep on the couch – in a dress with full makeup and curled hair – waiting for the text/call to meet Derek for dinner. By the time he called at 9:30 I had been asleep for an hour and was in that deep sleep daze – I must have been tired.

After going back and forth on what I should do, I told Derek to have fun out and I was just going to stay in. The place I was supposed to meet him at was a 25 minute drive away. By the time we did get dinner I knew it would be well after 11:00 and I’ve to be up before 6 tomorrow morning. Booo…. ๐Ÿ™

So, I put my jammies on and made dinner at home.

A really boring, brown dinner compared to what I was expecting to eat tonight. Le sigh. By the time I ate at 10:00 I wasn’t very hungry anyways.

There was the last of a bag of Gardien Chicken Tenders.

My last of the Homemade Hummus and the last Pita. (I see a theme here)

I had two snack this afternoon in anticipation of a late dinner. An apple with peanut butter aorund 3:30 and this package of dried pineapple from my Foodzie box at 6:30.

I’m going to take advantage of my night in by watching the marathon of Four Weddings in bed.

Good Night!

1 being domUnique May 27, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I stayed in at home tonight too! Sometimes it’s nice to just catch up on some rest and relaxation. ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Chloe (South Beach Girl) May 27, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Oh boo! I hate it when plans don’t work out, but it seems like you definitely needed to sleep rather than go out.
Chloe (South Beach Girl) recently posted..Portlandia Escape

3 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 27, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Obviously your body wanted/needed the rest! Too bad Derek couldn’t come home to take your picture all made up and asleep on the couch ๐Ÿ™‚
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Tomato Face

4 Lee May 27, 2011 at 10:49 pm

That sounds like something I would do. My friends actually call me Sleepy Lee.
Lee recently posted..Food Guilt

5 Jessica May 27, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Been there, done that ๐Ÿ™
Jessica recently posted..Design Exercise Books

6 sana May 27, 2011 at 11:23 pm

I just woke up from a ten in nap and my siblings are not even home!
sana recently posted..Running- Meh

7 emily May 28, 2011 at 12:03 am

Awww! The feeling of realizing you’re too late to do something is the worst! Usually it happens to me because I’m have a pointless fight with my husband, which makes it feel even lamer.
emily recently posted..The Gym of Life

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 28, 2011 at 12:11 am

haha. I have totally done something similar to this. It’s all good, pjs and dinner sounds great at home ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 28, 2011 at 12:14 am

Ugh, I hate that feeling! I was supposed to meet my friend for her going away party at a bar one night at midnight- I woke up fully clothed and ready at 3 am to a ton of missed calls! The worst part is that I fell asleep at 8:30…
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Eat Your Beer

10 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 28, 2011 at 12:17 am

sorry things didn’t work out ๐Ÿ™ Hopefully you two can do dinner tomorrow!

I’m the worst at falling asleep and getting to hungry to wait a while for dinner. We went out to for date night at 6 tonight! ๐Ÿ˜› I am one elderly lady!

11 Jaclyn May 28, 2011 at 1:04 am

Sometimes plans fall through….oh well, probably better since you have to be up so early!

I really want to try those chckn tenders… what did you think of them?

12 Meghann May 28, 2011 at 6:19 am

I accidentally burnt them this time and I preferred them that way ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Cara May 28, 2011 at 2:24 am

Sorry about the missed dinner date, that is pretty funny that you fell asleep! But it seems like you had relaxing evening!

14 Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East) May 28, 2011 at 4:11 am

Can totally relate! I have many times fallen asleep waiting to go out and end up staying in. I guess your body just needed the rest ๐Ÿ™‚
Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East) recently posted..Watermelon

15 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] May 28, 2011 at 5:19 am

I love four weddings!
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..happy memorial day weekend

16 Lauren May 28, 2011 at 6:32 am

Ugh, going out past 9pm with an 11pm dinner does not sound like fun. I think you made the right choice.
Lauren recently posted..Well That Was Awkward

17 Stephanie May 28, 2011 at 7:46 am

Can I just say Yay to Four Weddings! I love that show and Say Yes to the Dress. But we don’t get TLC anymore and I am soo bummed about it!
Stephanie recently posted..Slish Slosh in my Socks!!

18 rebecca lustig May 28, 2011 at 8:07 am

sometimes we just need a little cat nap.. and a night in. no shame!

19 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out May 28, 2011 at 8:49 am

Aww, that stinks. You must have been pretty tired. ๐Ÿ™

Hopefully Saturday night is better.
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Lowe Mill Concert on the Dock and Happy Tummy

20 Lauren @ Team Giles May 28, 2011 at 10:39 am

Aww big bummer. You must’ve needed some sleep. There’s always Saturday night!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Have a great weekend!
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..Weekend Inspiration

21 Gina @Runningtothekitchen May 28, 2011 at 10:44 am

Oh well, at least you got some quality TV time ๐Ÿ™‚
Gina @Runningtothekitchen recently posted..Ireland Day 6 &amp 7- Killarney

22 Hilary May 28, 2011 at 11:08 am

Aww…that is kinda sad, but kinda funny! Those chicken tenders do look good though, gotta say. Love a good Four Weddings on a Friday night, not gonna lie.
Hilary recently posted..Bowled Over

23 Courtney May 28, 2011 at 11:14 am

I LOVE Four Weddings!! some of the brides can be pretty mean to one another! ๐Ÿ˜›
Courtney recently posted..Loves

24 Emma May 28, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Meaghann! You are so cheap! Just pay the $25 and stop complaining.