more ยป" />

Maddie Girl

by Meghann on May 26, 2011

Maddie is a funny one.

She HATES it when someone else is in another room and she doesn’t have access to them. She whines when I’m in the shower (sometimes she even jumps in!), she follows me to the bathroom, and if Derek sleeps in, she paws at the door until he comes out.

She even brought her favorite toy to the door as a ‘but I have presents!’ gesture.

Isn’t she cute?

Maddie and I were up a good three hours before Derek this morning. I had a lot to work to get done and Maddie had some business to attend to as well.. ifyouknowwhatiamsaying. We took a nice mile walk around the neighborhood while I caught up with e-mail via my phone <-workaholic much?

Post-Walk fuel

A big bowl of Cannoli Cereal ๐Ÿ™‚

• 1/2 cup Puffins (the last of the bag ๐Ÿ™ )
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Golden Godess
  • 1/4 cup Chocolate Chunk Granola
  • Ricotta Cheese
  • Blackberry Jam
  • Strawberries

I’ve been on a strawberry kick lately. What you don’t see on the blog is that I eat one almost every time I open the fridge. I’ve on my third pint this week!

Have you been on a kick with anything lately?

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 26, 2011 at 9:40 am

Yep – I’ve been into the strawberries too! Mainly because I get the idea that when they go on sale I should stock up, then I need to eat them practically every day so they don’t go bad!! Your brekkie looks awesome!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Shopaholics Anonymous

2 Dori May 26, 2011 at 9:41 am

Maddie is so adorable, I just want to pick her up and smush her! I recently realized that strawberries bother my stomach, so I am sad that I have to give them up now. I always get on kicks where I eat the same thing nonstop until I get sick of it. Right now, grilled Daiya cheese sandwiches.
Dori recently posted..Skechers Shape-ups for Girls- Body Image- Safety &amp Misleading Marketing

3 Stephanie May 26, 2011 at 9:41 am

OMG this looks so good! You just combine it all?

I try to keep up the variety but I am on a granola and trail mix kick, so good, so fulling!

4 Brittney May 26, 2011 at 9:41 am

Clyde is the same way! Last week my brother was in town and he even managed to open the door to the guest room with his nose (it wasn’t latched completely) and go in! Ahhhh pups!
Brittney recently posted..How To Spend A Lovely Day In Hilton Head

5 Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) May 26, 2011 at 9:42 am

Aw, Maddie! Koda is the same way- sometimes it’s annoying, but overall it’s pretty cute ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve been on a tomato kick lately- can’t get enough!!
Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..CSA Meals &amp My Sun Bathing Belly

6 Heather May 26, 2011 at 9:46 am

I’m curious about your job! What have you been up to? Are you still starting your own business?

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 26, 2011 at 9:57 am

I’m with you on the strawberries! I bought a 4 lb tub on Monday at Costco and it is almost all gone — and Jason doesn’t like strawberries so that is all me!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Tomato Face

8 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 26, 2011 at 9:58 am

aww maddie, our pup is the same way, always wants to be with everyone!

I’ve been on an overnight oats kick after I didn’t like them at all! ๐Ÿ˜›

9 Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit May 26, 2011 at 10:00 am

For some reason, I’ve been on the biggest grape kick ever. They’re so addicting.

The strawberries in Pennsylvania need just a tiny bit more time before they’re perfect ๐Ÿ™‚
Jessica @ For the Fun of Fit recently posted..Surviving the Office Desserts

10 Lindsey May 26, 2011 at 10:08 am

Smoothies! I missed them in the cold winter months!
Lindsey recently posted..Marathon Series- Marathon Training

11 Hope May 26, 2011 at 10:24 am

Aww! Maddie is so cute! ๐Ÿ™‚ My family dog is like that. He needs to be around people constantly.

Mmm..a cannoli cereal bowl sounds delicious! Cannolis are my favorite so I can only imagine how it would taste in cereal form ๐Ÿ™‚
Hope recently posted..The Phillies &amp The Cadillac Culinary Challengeโ€ฆ

12 Katie @ Pop Culture Cuisine May 26, 2011 at 10:27 am

Oh yes I’m with you on the strawberries for sure…that and these cheese bites we bought, I must be craving dairy!

13 Angela @ My Pinky Toes May 26, 2011 at 10:27 am

Your Maddie is so cute! My little doggie follows me around everywhere I go to and likes to bribe my hubby with gifts of all her toys!

14 Shanna, Like Banana May 26, 2011 at 10:28 am

Maddie is a cutie ๐Ÿ˜‰ My dog lays half ON the door so she knows when you open it.

My kicks..hot oats and pizza! Not together of course.

15 Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 26, 2011 at 10:33 am

I’m on a nut butter kick! But when is it really ever just a kick? Haha!
Tori (Fresh Fruition) recently posted..A Weekend of Firsts

16 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 26, 2011 at 11:04 am

Aww Maddie.

My dog does the same thing when my husband is asleep in the morning so I try not to let her out of the crate until he’s out of bed (so she doesn’t wake him up).
Sometimes, if he leaves early in the morning she’ll run into the bedroom to look for him and whine when he’s not there!

17 Alaina May 26, 2011 at 11:17 am

I would do that with grapes! Grab a few whenever I opened the fridge. I love grape season ๐Ÿ™‚
Alaina recently posted..BPL &amp Stoddardโ€™s Fine Food &amp Ale

18 Dee @ GF Grad Nut May 26, 2011 at 11:17 am

Strawberries have been on sale at Kroger for the past two weeks, so I’ve gone through three pounds in about a week and a half. I can’t stop eating them!

19 Sarah for Real May 26, 2011 at 11:54 am

Maddie is so cute! And so much like my JRT too. I think my Nilla is always trying to herd everyone together (though I know JRT’s are not really “herders”). She prefers when everyone is in the same room, otherwise she stresses that someone snuck out some secret exit she didn’t’ know about!

20 Faith @ lovelyascharged May 26, 2011 at 11:59 am

I’m on a perpetual strawberry kick…I absolutely love them! Recently though, I keep eating spoonfuls of peanut butter + jelly. It’s seriously my favorite thing in the world right now!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Look Your Best Naturally All You Need is Surgery

21 Amy May 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Strawberries too! They’re so good right now!

One of my cats is just like Maddie, it’s so funny. I love the picture of her trying to get into the bedroom!
Amy recently posted..well played- huffmans

22 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 26, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I’m on a HUGE green monster/ smoothie kick. I think it’s the hot weather here in Florida! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Q&38A- You Asked!

23 Marina May 26, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I adore strawberries!
But lately, since the warm weather has come, the only thing I want to eat is cereal with ice cold milk!
Marina recently posted..Happy

24 Emily @ Savory and Savage May 26, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I have been on a green drink/Chlorella kick – yeah, it is odd I know.

I’d much rather be on a strawberry kick!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Enjoying success

25 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 26, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I’m on a permanent strawberry kick!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Eat Your Beer

26 Cara May 26, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I’ve totally been on a kick with roasted eggplant! SO GOOD!

27 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 26, 2011 at 1:38 pm

mmm strawberries! I have been on a berry kick lately.

Oh and whole wheat pitas with cheese and jam. YUMM

28 Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates May 26, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I love how colorful your pictures are.. haha. I know that was a sort of nerdy statement, but it’s true! Your food is so pretty! ๐Ÿ˜€

Do you have any posts on how you get up so early in the morning? I’ve been trying so hard.. Its a tough habit to start!!
Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates recently posted..Broccoli Cheddar Soup

29 Mac May 26, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Hummus wraps and smoothies have been my kick lately… which I think are leaning more towards a new addition to my everyday lifestyle than just a trend.
Mac recently posted..Grocery Planning

30 erica May 26, 2011 at 2:59 pm

maddie reminds me of my pup. always has to be where the action is and will scratch the door, whine, bark until he’s let in.

i’m obsessed w/smoothies right now!

31 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs May 26, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Blueberry kick <3 they make everything better!!
Katherina @ Zephyr Runs recently posted..Another One Mile

32 Beth (Well I'll Be) May 26, 2011 at 5:58 pm

My dogs always want to come in the shower! I think it is only because the door is closed, they are like kids! (In more ways than one.) I’ve never had ricotta cheese with breakfast before, it looks great!

33 Sam May 26, 2011 at 9:09 pm

I’ve been on a major strawberry kick as well. We bought a huge container from Costco on Monday and it’s gone already. I’ve also been eating a ton of bananas, but that’s nothing new!
Sam recently posted..Apple Topped Microwave Protein Muffin

34 BroccoliHut May 26, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Margot is the same way! She hops in the shower with me every day. It keeps her nice and clean:)

35 kathleen May 27, 2011 at 8:47 am

Maybe she is the pack leader who needs to know where here people are at all times =)
kathleen recently posted..Things I am currently obsessed with

36 Jessica @ sushi and sit-ups May 27, 2011 at 8:47 am

My dog will lay in front of the bathroom door so you can’t get out! He’s 120 lbs and if he doesn’t want to move, it can be a struggle. I have no idea why he has to plant himself there.
Jessica @ sushi and sit-ups recently posted..Ode to the Wake nโ€™ Bacon

37 Lorin May 27, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I always eat peanut butter. I’ve never gotten sick of it and eat it daily pretty much.

38 Alison @ The Peacock Diaries May 28, 2011 at 11:58 am

Oh, Maddie is so cute…bringing you a toy! My dog is kind of the same. Actually, if I’m in the bathroom for a while (taking a shower, drying my hair), she usually pees to demonstrate her displeasure. So now she gets crated while I’m in the bathroom…because you can step in a pee puddle so many times before it gets old.
Alison @ The Peacock Diaries recently posted..Business travel