Back to Work

by Meghann on May 23, 2011

Happy Monday!

And Welcome back from the weekend!

Catching up?

photobooth.jpg

Awesome weekend!

I ended up finishing The New Rules of Lifting For Women on the plane yesterday. I’ll have a full review later this week, but I will say the book inspired me to start the included plan today. It’s a clear plan that I want to incorporate into my Half Ironman training schedule. That will be three days of lifting included on top of everything else. It’s a lot, but with the right balance I know it can work.

Again, I’ll have a full review tomorrow or Wednesday (with more details on the plan), but I was very excited about moving forward with it this morning.

At the gym I started with an interval run on the treadmill.

• 6.0 for 5 mins
  • 6.5 for 5 mins
  • 8.0 for 1 min (with 1 min break) x4
  • 8.5 for 1 min (with 1 min break) x4
  • 6.5 for 5 mins
  • 6.0 for 5 mins

Then I began Stage 1 Workout A of the NROLFW. So far, so good. πŸ™‚

After the gym I drove to the kennel to pick Miss Maddie up.

How could you not miss this face? I love her so. πŸ™‚

Breakfast

• 1/2 cup Kashi Puffs
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • 1/2 cup Puffins
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Honey Almond Butter
  • Strawberries

Let’s get this Monday started!

1 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing May 23, 2011 at 10:06 am

I was totally surprised when I started doing weight training 3 days a week, and fell in love with it. Lately things have been so busy with travel I haven’t been able to do it as consistently as normal, and it’s strange that I feel so different now when I can’t do lifting, even for a short period of time! It has given me so much confidence; I feel like a total bad-a**. Holla!
Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing recently posted..Booyah BBQ Socca Pizza

2 Chelsea May 23, 2011 at 10:07 am

I must pick up this book at the library! I love weight traning but I wonder if I am doing it wrong. I know your sister read this book and a few other bloggers, so maybe I need to give it a whirl!
Chelsea recently posted..Happy Monday!

3 kristy @ kristyruns.com May 23, 2011 at 10:08 am

Welcome home! That breakfast looks so good. Can’t beat Florida strawberries. πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Atlanta Mission 5k

4 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 23, 2011 at 10:13 am

I’ve heard so many great things about that lifting book. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it. Have a great Monday, Meghann!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Easy Peas-y

5 Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 23, 2011 at 10:15 am

ADORABLE DOGGY FACE! I literally went “awwwwwww!” when I saw that. Haha!

And yum, strawberries! We just got some organic ones the other day. I’ve already eaten almost all of them!
Tori (Fresh Fruition) recently posted..A Weekend of Firsts

6 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life May 23, 2011 at 10:16 am

Oh how I envy your fresh Florida strawberries!!

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 23, 2011 at 10:19 am

Maddie is so cute!!!

NROLFW plpus half iron man training sounds super intense! Good luck.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Tomato Face

8 Allison @ PickyEatingRD May 23, 2011 at 10:28 am

Your breakfast looks gorgeous! I love weight training and not sure what or how I worked out with out it.
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..South Bend and Back

9 Megan @ Megan Mumbles May 23, 2011 at 10:53 am

Welcome back!! Maddie looks soo cute and happy in those pictures!!
Megan @ Megan Mumbles recently posted..6 Things

10 Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 23, 2011 at 11:08 am

I can’t wait to read your review on the book! I have been meaning to read it, but haven’t gotten around to it yet, I shall after I hear what you though about it πŸ™‚
Maddie is so adorable btw!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Prepping a Family Gathering

11 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 23, 2011 at 11:12 am

Maddie!! I would miss that cute little face so much!

I am finally ordering that book! Can’t wait to read your review πŸ™‚

12 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 23, 2011 at 11:13 am

mmmm I love cereal bowl mixes and great treadmill runs!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..A Cupcake Photo Shoot in the Empire State

13 LauraJayne May 23, 2011 at 11:59 am

Looks like a great weekend – I can’t believe it’s over already, but I’m stoked to start the week!

I know I need to incorporate weights into my training, but I really have no clue how to do that! I’m looking forward to your review – maybe it’s the book I need to buy!
LauraJayne recently posted..Win a Polar Heart Rate Monitor!

14 Raquelita May 23, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Your dog is seriously adorable!

Those strawberries look amazing!
Raquelita recently posted..The Travel Bug

15 Dee @ GF Grad Nut May 23, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I just discovered Puffins last weekend and I can’t stop eating them, especially with strawberries. Yummm!

16 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 23, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I LOVE interval workouts. I did one today on the stairmill. Super hard! haha. I love lifting, and think it should be a part in any training plan , so go YOU πŸ˜‰

17 Ali @ Ali Runs May 23, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I love lifting and have been seeing some awesome results from it. I’m sure you will too- and it will probably help you so much for the HIM.

18 Stephanie May 23, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Yum! Breakfast looks good
Stephanie recently posted..The Best Laid Plans

19 Hope May 23, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Aww..Maddie looks so happy to see you! πŸ™‚ She is so cute!

I love your breakfast!
Hope recently posted..The Phillies &amp The Cadillac Culinary Challenge…

20 Amy May 23, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Your treadmill workout seems great! And your dog is SO cute! I can’t imagine not eating a little bite before working out…I’d be FAMISHED if I waited until after working out to eat…but I know everyone’s digestive systems and needs are different. πŸ™‚
Amy recently posted..Friday Festival

21 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 23, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I want to start strength training when I start marathon training again. I don’t want to slack off this time πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Eat Your Beer

22 Caroline May 23, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I’ve tried starting the plan twice, but classes and other workouts are getting in the way. I did get in the same New Rules workout that you did today though! Hopefully seeing your posts + being in a similar stage of the plan will keep me motivated!
Caroline recently posted..Oval Beach

23 Chloe (South Beach Girl) May 23, 2011 at 2:16 pm

What cute pictures from the wedding! I love photobooths – they always are so much fun.
Chloe (South Beach Girl) recently posted..Shopping!

24 Julie @ Wearing Mascara May 23, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Welcome back! We missed you at Fitbloggin! I DMed the HLS Twitter account… I’m interested in icebreaking πŸ™‚
Julie @ Wearing Mascara recently posted..Fitbloggin 2011- Part 5 Plus dangerous pies