From Philly to Tampa

by Meghann on May 22, 2011

I’m not sure what’s wrong with me, but after a night filled with partying and drinking (somehow the glasses of wine and beer when un-photographed πŸ˜‰ ), I tend to bound out of bed right after sunrise. I was up at 7:30am this morning and could not get back to sleep for the life of me. While everyone else slept in, I got a ton of work done on the laptop and did my fair share of circling the apartment. My mind forgot to tell my body I could sleep!

Once everyone else was up we headed to a Sabrina’s Cafe for brunch.

Apparently Sabrina’s is a Philly stable. There was a huge crowd waiting outside and form what I was told the crowd we saw was small in relation to others. Luckily, we were able to call ahead otherwise we could have face an hour plus wait. πŸ™‚

As soon as we were seated I could tell why a wait like that would be worth it. Everything being served around us looked delicious. It was good, whole food and it all smelled amazing.

I ordered a grilled eggplant, onion, and cheddar omelet with potatoes and multigrain bread.

The servings were huge, but I managed to eat about half of what was on my plate. My favorite was the potatoes (well seasoned with the perfect amount of crispiness) and the cheddar in the omelet (not sure why, but I was really craving cheese this morning πŸ™‚ ).

The table also split a plate of Polenta Fries (I had 3/4 of one)

We went straight from brunch to the airport and had just enough time to check in and grab iced coffees before our flight.

The flight itself was uneventful, but it did give me a solid couple of hours to work on my Half Ironman Training Plan.

Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 8.28.25 PM.png

I’m sooo close to being done! πŸ™‚

On the plane I nibbled on a Clif bar when hunger struck.

Dinner was lazy. But would you expect anything less? πŸ˜‰

It all started with this box of Brown Rice Pilaf.

IMG_6794.jpg

I went a little crazy adding ‘mix-ins’ to the rice, which included:

• Carrot
  • Onion
  • Apple
  • Almond Pieces
  • Raisins
  • Feta Cheese

Served on a lovely bed of lettuce.

Followed by a serving of Coffee Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.

It was a light, summery meal to welcome us back to the Florida Heat [and humidity].

I’m going to work on my training plan a little more. Who knows? Maybe I’ll have something to share tomorrow! πŸ™‚

Good night!

1 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 22, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Those polenta fries look/sound incredible.

Good luck with the training plan!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Tomato Face

2 Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates May 22, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Looks good! I always love your combinations of food, haha
Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates recently posted..Baked Chicken Parmesan

3 lynn @ the actor's diet May 22, 2011 at 9:17 pm

i love sabrina’s! i’ve been to the one by the italian market – worth the wait!
lynn @ the actor’s diet recently posted..Musical Cookies

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 22, 2011 at 9:26 pm

I’m usually not one to wait for brunch. I’m usually starving in the AM and waiting to eat just won’t cut it…plus most of the time you’re just waiting to eat eggs and toast (something you could totally make at home)

5 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 22, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Your brunch looks amazing! I bet it feels sooo good to be home πŸ™‚

6 Arie May 22, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I like the combo of add ons to the rice dinner. Please send the sun up to New England!!

7 Dione May 22, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Good luck with the training plan!
Dione recently posted..Sprinkler Fun

8 Krystina (Organically Me) May 22, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I’m excited to hear more about your training plan!
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Grilled Greek Salad with Shrimp

9 Leah @ L4L May 22, 2011 at 9:52 pm

You know, I’ve created a “workouts” calendar for myself on Google calendar and LOVE it. It’s easy to flip stuff around and I can change the views really easily so I can see it in conjunction with my personal calendar and plan around that as well. I love doing it that way. Just a tid bit. πŸ˜‰

10 Christine May 22, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Yum, polenta fries! That sounds amazing.
Christine recently posted..xoxo- Christine

11 Amy @ Love4Living May 22, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I am always craving cheese haha.
Amy @ Love4Living recently posted..Love and Marriage

12 Aria May 22, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Glad you had fun in Philly!! I live about an hour outside the city but there are so many fun things to do there πŸ™‚ Next time you come up, try to make it to a phillies game – they are a ton of fun!

13 Chloe (South Beach Girl) May 22, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Ooh, I love a good breakfast place & would definitely wait outside – good call on planning ahead!
Chloe (South Beach Girl) recently posted..Shopping!

14 Raquelita May 22, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Those polenta fries look divine!
Raquelita recently posted..The Travel Bug

15 Mac May 22, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Eggplant’s not your everyday omelet ingredient… they need to pick up on that at other restaurants around the states!
Mac recently posted..Grocery Planning

16 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 22, 2011 at 11:27 pm

mmmm polenta fries mmmmm πŸ™‚

you’ve been working so hard on your half ironman training plan, I can’t wait to see it! πŸ™‚ Hope you have a great start to your week! πŸ™‚

17 Wymberley May 22, 2011 at 11:39 pm

You always put together the most beautiful meals and make it sound so easy! You must share your grocery list one of these days.
Wymberley recently posted..Hal Higdons 30 week Supreme Novice Marathon Training Program- Week 4 Review

18 Jaclyn May 22, 2011 at 11:51 pm

All your Philly happenings are making me excited for Healthy Living Summit! My sister lives there too and now I’m really excited to go (back)!

Don’t worry about the drinks going un-blogged; we were talking about that last night actually how, sometimes letting loose and those ‘unblogged drinks’ are part of overall balance, you know?
good luck with the training plan πŸ™‚
Jaclyn recently posted..FitBloggin Highlights

19 Meghann May 23, 2011 at 10:13 am

Agreed! πŸ™‚

20 Hats @ See How She Runs May 23, 2011 at 4:45 am

Good luck with your HIM training! I start my half-marathon training on Monday so I’m going to spend this week planning everything.
Hats @ See How She Runs recently posted..Flashmobbin’

21 Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes May 23, 2011 at 7:46 am

Brunch is my favorite! Every Sunday I go to a little place and enjoy egg whites and toast. Totally something you could make at home, but it’s so much better when someone makes it for you.
I totally had the same experience with the 7 a.m. wake up. It’s funny how that works. You have a day when you think you’re going to sleep late and BAM, you’re up and ready to conquer the world.
Happy Monday!
P.S. If you come back to NYC, may I recommend The Smith for brunch. Their french toast is AMAZING!!!!!

22 Amanda May 23, 2011 at 8:44 am

I’m always the first one up after a few drinks too!
Amanda recently posted..Planting Asparagus- 5-22-11

23 Hope May 23, 2011 at 8:48 am

I’ve never been to sabrina’s! It looks like a cool place! I’m definitely going to have to add it on my list of places to try! So glad you had fun in Philly! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..The Phillies &amp The Cadillac Culinary Challenge…

24 Halley (Blunder Construction) May 23, 2011 at 9:17 am

Holy gigantic breakfast! I love when breakfast spots dole out huge portions (especially when I have a huge hangover!)
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Cheese Challenge

25 miranda @ working mom works out May 23, 2011 at 9:42 am

Were the polenta fries good? I’ve never had them.

26 Meghann May 23, 2011 at 10:13 am

They were ok. I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I was going to be.

27 Madeline - Greens and Jeans May 23, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Sabrina’s is definitely a Philly institution! It is always worth the wait. Glad you enjoyed your time here, Philadelphia has no shortage of good food!
Madeline – Greens and Jeans recently posted..hacked