And Her Little Dog Says I Do

by Meghann on May 22, 2011

A BIG CONGRATS to the newlyweds!

Charles and Leslie know how to throw one heck of a party! It was a beautiful ceremony followed by an equally gorgeous reception. I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate the union of a couple I admire and adore. Congrats you guys! πŸ™‚

The rain and clouds from the week before cleared out for blue skies and sunshine yesterday. Perfect. Our anti-rain dances in Leslie’s honor paid off and we were all able to comfortable wear fun dresses and heals.

I’d say Ashley, Sabrina, and I clean up pretty nicely. πŸ˜‰

I nibbled on half of a Luna bar on the drive to Villanova.

Leslie and Charles were married in the picturesque Villanova Cathedral.

The cathedral was full of so much history and character, it was the perfect wedding day match for the couple.

The room was beaming with energy. I love that feeling of anticipation right before the wedding party walks down the aisle, I could barely sit still I was so excited to see the big reveal!

Ready to go! (see the bridesmaids’ floral heels? soooooo Leslie! πŸ™‚ )

And when they opened the door….. I got goosebumps

IMG_6209.JPG IMG_6210.JPG IMG_6211.JPG IMG_6212.JPG

I now present the new Mr. and Mrs!!!

IMG_6230.jpg IMG_6231.jpg IMG_6232.jpg

We were escorted outside to watch the new couple exit the steps of the church.

Even the Villanova mascot was there to celebrate!

We had a few hours to kill between the ceremony and reception and were all starving. We headed into a cute little town for drinks and a quick bite to eat.

When in Rome…. errr…. Mexican Restaurant. πŸ˜‰

The table shared two things of guacamole

IMG_6289.jpg IMG_6293.JPG

The stuff was good! This serving x2

I also shared an interesting beer with Bo

IMG_6295.jpg IMG_6297.jpg

Derek and I split the chicken quesadilla and wild mushroom tapas

At 5:30 we headed to the equally as impressive and charming reception site. Everything was so picturesque and beautiful.

I tried the something borrowed, which was a mix of an arnold palmer and mojito. Interesting.

There were several amazing looking horderves floating around.

The glowing bride!

All the bloggers!

Loved the band! They played a great mix of contemporary music and wedding classics. They also had a great voice and beat.

Food time!

It was a plated dinner that started with a spinach salad.

And I had selected the Salmon via the RSVP card a couple of months ago. The salmon was really light and flavorful. I loved the sweet mango salsa with the salty green beans and mashed potatoes. Everyone’s plates at our table looked delicious, Leslie and Charles did a great job on the food front!

Somehow I became the collector of everyone’s champagne. How did that happen? πŸ˜‰

IMG_6365.JPG IMG_6367.JPG  IMG_6369.JPG IMG_6370.JPG

After dinner, the party got started!

We had a blast striking a pose at the photo booth

Eating cake

IMG_6427.JPG IMG_6428.JPG IMG_6429.JPG IMG_6430.JPG

And shaking our booties off at the dance floor

Too. Much. Fun!

I may not have caught the bouquet.

But, I still had a blast!

Congrats Charles and Leslie!

You two are one of my favorite couples who complement each other in the best way possible. Thank you for including Derek and I in your special day! We wish you nothing, but happiness and joy in the years to come.

Have fun in Greece!!!! πŸ™‚

1 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 22, 2011 at 8:46 am

Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Congratulations to the new married couple! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..I Have A Box

2 Heather May 22, 2011 at 8:49 am

Aww everything’s SO gorgeous. It looks like such a fun wedding!!

3 Dori May 22, 2011 at 8:54 am

Looks like such a fun day!!! Mazel tov to Leslie & Charles.
Dori recently posted..Skechers Shape-ups for Girls- Body Image- Safety &amp Misleading Marketing

4 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) May 22, 2011 at 8:55 am

Everything looks gorgeous *and* delicious! I absolutely love the series of shots of the newlyweds walking outside from the cathedral, silhouetted in the doorway by the sunshine. Frame-worthy!
Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) recently posted..Hi- I’m Erin

5 Kristen May 22, 2011 at 8:57 am

Gorgeous pics! Love Villanova’s architecture (I do the SEO for their online course).
So beautiful and such a happy looking couple!
Congrats πŸ™‚

6 kristy @ May 22, 2011 at 8:58 am

What a beautiful wedding! I love the names of the signature drinks at the reception. Too cute. πŸ™‚
kristy @ recently posted..End of the World

7 Cara May 22, 2011 at 9:07 am

What a beautiful celebration! It looks like you all had a blast!

8 Freya May 22, 2011 at 9:40 am

Gorgeous x 100! Weddings make me all fuzzy inside πŸ™‚
Who is the blogger in the blogger photo on the far left, with the orangey-coral dress? I hate not being able to place people lol :p
Freya recently posted..H is for…

9 Meghann May 23, 2011 at 10:04 am

That’s Melissa. She write πŸ™‚

10 Melissa May 22, 2011 at 9:40 am

Meghann it was SOO great meeting you and Derek last night!!! And this post captures the night perfectly πŸ™‚ I hope you two enjoy the rest of your time in Philly and have a safe flight back to FL!

11 Meghann May 23, 2011 at 10:04 am

It was great meeting you too!!!!! We had a blast in Philly and can’t wait to go back!

12 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 22, 2011 at 9:44 am

what a stunning wedding and a beautiful couple!

13 Jaclyn May 22, 2011 at 10:23 am

That looks like it was such a fun and gorgeous wedding! I absolutely love the “something old, new, borrowed and blue” drink themes – too cute!! ;D
Jaclyn recently posted..FitBloggin Highlights

14 Meghan May 22, 2011 at 10:28 am

Meghann how funny that you went to a wedding at Villanova! I love reading your blog but never expected my now alma mater to pop up on here since you live in Florida! I just graduated from Villanova this past Sunday, the 15th, and seeing pictures of the church that I have spent so many hours in made me so happy/sad/already nostalgic thinking about walking past that most beautiful building every time I stepped foot on campus! And the town around Villanova is beautiful, so glad you got to explore Wayne and some of the same things that I have loved so much for the last 4 years πŸ™‚

15 Meghann May 23, 2011 at 10:05 am

Congratulations on Graduation! Villanova looked like such a beautiful school, it must have been a great place to spend 4 years! πŸ™‚

16 Toronto Girl West May 22, 2011 at 10:30 am

What a gorgeous wedding!!!!!! <3

And a HUGE congratulations to Leslie and Charles! May they have a lifetime of joy and laughter!!!!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Pancakes and Choices

17 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign May 22, 2011 at 10:32 am

Pretty dress on you!
What a gorgeous!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Wear Kneepads While Running

18 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 22, 2011 at 10:47 am

What a fun wedding! I can’t wait until my friends start getting married πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Take It To-Go

19 Michelle May 22, 2011 at 10:56 am

Ahhh — looks like such a great time! That color looks really good on you.

I haven’t been to a wedding in forever. Guess that just makes me old — all of my friends are now married.

20 Lauren May 22, 2011 at 11:04 am

It was great meeting you last night! The wedding was so much fun!
Lauren recently posted..Lancaster Farm Fresh CSA Week 2

21 Christine May 22, 2011 at 11:52 am

Love the pockets in your dress! That’s my new obsession. Their cocktail theme was pretty cute!
Christine recently posted..xoxo- Christine

22 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] May 22, 2011 at 12:00 pm

What a beautiful wedding! The ceremony looks gorgeous. I love weddings!!!
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently is tricky

23 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 22, 2011 at 12:00 pm

What a pretty wedding! Looks like it was amazing πŸ™‚ And the meal/food looks fab. What kind of cake was it?

24 Jess@atasteofconfidence May 22, 2011 at 12:01 pm

That cathedral is gorgeous!!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently eating story- part 2

25 Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl May 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Looks like a beautiful wedding! The cathedral was stunning and the bubbles made it look so magical. Great pictures!
Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl recently posted..Wise Graduation Advice- Wear Deodorant

26 Chloe (South Beach Girl) May 22, 2011 at 12:23 pm

The wedding looks beautiful AND fun! I love how pretty the church was and also Leslie’s dress was gorgeous. You look great Meghann, and look like you had a blast!
Chloe (South Beach Girl) recently posted..Now More Than Ever- Just Write

27 Courtney May 22, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Oh, what a lovely wedding! So elegant and perfect πŸ˜€

Also, a random thought: if you and Derek get married, then Maddie’s name will be “Maddie Russell the Jack Russell” πŸ˜›
Courtney recently posted..ABC Foods!

28 Meghann May 23, 2011 at 10:06 am

haha to make it even better… Derek’s grandfather is named Jack Russell! (but he’s not the sort of guy you’d joke about that with πŸ™ )

29 Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates May 22, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Looks like a really fun day!!
Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates recently posted..Broccoli Cheddar Soup

30 Silvina May 22, 2011 at 1:10 pm

What a beautiful wedding!

31 Colleen May 22, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Hooray for wedding season–what a perfect day! Such a beautiful wedding and Leslie’s dress is stunning!
Colleen recently posted..Pickles in my Mole

32 Stephanie May 22, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Oh gosh I love weddings!!! Thanks for sharing!

33 Courtney May 22, 2011 at 4:31 pm

OMG! I love the blue dress you’re wearing! Her wedding dress is beautiful, too πŸ™‚ What a great day!
Courtney recently posted..The Moores Race a 10k

34 Grace May 22, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Oh wow the wedding was so beautiful! It looks like amazing food and lots and lots of fun!
Grace recently posted..This has gotta be a good life

35 Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 22, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Awww I loved everything about this post! The pictures are so wonderful, the bride looked fabulous and Meghann, your dress is gorgeous!
So glad you had a great weekend, it definitely looks like one to remember πŸ™‚
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Prepping a Family Gathering

36 Ali @ Ali Runs May 22, 2011 at 5:48 pm

What a beautiful wedding! I love the idea of having a photo booth to take pictures–it’s such a fun idea. Looks like you guys had a blast! πŸ™‚

37 Lauren May 22, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Beautiful! I went to nova for 2 years, and apparently the church is booked for years in advance – students have been known to book a date 5 years or so in advance, then hope they have a date by then!
Lauren recently posted..Winning Eats

38 Meghann May 23, 2011 at 10:07 am

They had to book theirs a year and a half in advance. They got luck because of a cancellation!

39 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 22, 2011 at 8:05 pm

What a beautiful wedding! The bride’s dress is so gorgeous.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Tomato Face

40 Amy @ Love4Living May 22, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Wow what a beautiful, beautiful wedding. I loved her dress OMG so stunning! and blue is def one of your colors; you looked great!
Amy @ Love4Living recently posted..Love and Marriage

41 Alaina May 22, 2011 at 10:06 pm

That looks absolutely beautiful!! And a ton of fun. I love weddings. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..BPL &amp Stoddard’s Fine Food &amp Ale

42 Hope May 23, 2011 at 8:50 am

What a beautiful wedding! The weather was absolutely perfect too! I actually work down the street from Villanova! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..The Phillies &amp The Cadillac Culinary Challenge…

43 Audrey May 23, 2011 at 9:12 am

I love your dress. Where did you get it?

44 Meghann May 23, 2011 at 10:08 am

Thanks! I bought it from the Gap two years ago.

45 Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted May 23, 2011 at 11:31 am

Love her dress! And yours too – are those pockets? My bridesmaids had pockets (actually they almost had the same dresses as Leslie’s) and they loved having them.
Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted recently posted..Law School Graduation Part 1 – The Food Mostly

46 Brittany May 23, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Ahh! So funny/surprising to see Villanova’s Church in this post! I go to Villanova and will be a senior in the fall. Its so gorgeous and I’m so happy you got to experience it! (Coming all the way from Florida!)

47 Lindsay May 23, 2011 at 1:53 pm

where is your blue dress from?! i love it!

48 Meghann May 23, 2011 at 2:31 pm