One. Crazy. Day.

by Meghann on May 18, 2011

Hi Friends!

It’s barely after 1:00pm and this is the first I’ve been at my computer since 6:00am this morning. Craziness!

But, a good crazy! ;)

I managed to slip into bed just after midnight last night and slipped right back out when the alarm went off at 6:00am.

Shower.

E-mail.

Breakfast.

I made a hearty bowl of oatmeal with the addition of chopped dates (a new obsession), fresh mango, and Kashi Go Lean Crisp.

The bowl of oatmeal fueled me on the 2 hour drive to Orlando. I tried to leave on the earlier side to beat rush hour traffic, but somehow I managed to hit rush hour when driving through both downtown Tampa and Orlando. I guess ‘rush hour’ is a loose term for ‘rush morning’ traffic.

When I made it to town I nibbled on a granola bar before heading to my final destination.

Hello Barre54!

Looks like Barre Workout Method classes are finally hitting the Orlando scene!

Barre54 (Orlando’s first fitness studio dedicated to the barre workout method) recently opened near downtown Winter Park, in a BEAUTIFUL location off of Park Ave. The PR team for the studio shot me an e-mail last week asking if I wanted to try the class out as a member of the media (member of the media? me? I’m flattered!) and my mind immediately jumped to iZonOrlando.com

What better way to stay fit outside the gym than a Barre Method class? Sign me up!

I’ll leave you hanging with a full review of the class until the show airs, but I will say it worked my booty. There was a heavy emphasis on glutes and arms today and boy to my glutes feel it now!

After classes I headed to my old stomping grounds – Infusion Tea! – for lunch and free wifi.

Love their half and half combos.

Half of the Concorde Wrap (turned sandwich)

And half of the Bean Salad with Avocado.

City Twitter Lists

I had a LOT of comments last night asking which Tampa groups I follow on twitter. I want to build a list of who to follow in Tampa (and Orlando!) and thought it would be fun to make lists for other cities as well.

Who are influential tweeters in your city that are great to follow? Leave them in the comments below and I’ll add them to my next post!

1 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs May 18, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I was going to see if you were going to Infusion once you said College Park on twitter! I love their chili lime burrito <3

2 Meghann May 19, 2011 at 10:07 am

I almost ordered that yesterday, but their lunch combo with the included iced tea of the day gets me every time :)

3 Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates May 18, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Man, I would be dead with only 6 hours of sleep. I feel best when I get 8. How do you do it?! I feel like I’m the only person who has to sleep a ton :P

4 Meghann May 19, 2011 at 10:09 am

Trust me, I would rather have 8! It just feels like 6 is all I can get lately.

5 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 18, 2011 at 1:42 pm

@WindsorEats is a great one in Windsor Ontario

6 Dawn @ Blonde on a Mission May 18, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I’m from Windsor too! Love the Windsor Eats twitter.

7 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 18, 2011 at 1:52 pm

You’re from Windsor too?? How cool!! Windsor bloggers are few and far between!

8 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run May 18, 2011 at 1:43 pm

That sandwich is now on my mind instead of work. Who needs to make a living anyway when you can think about sandwiches all day?

Super cute self-pic! Someone got all beautified for that class. *cough*eyeliner*cough* :-)

9 Meghann May 18, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I was going to be on camera! Duh! ;)

10 Dori May 18, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Aaaahhhhh yayyy I am so excited to hear about Barre 54! I LOVE barre classes. If I ever go to Orlando I MUST visit Infusion Tea, your food always looks so fresh and delicious.

11 Rachel May 18, 2011 at 1:49 pm

You….”made a hearty bowl of e-mail” =) haha….guess it was early. Looks like a deslish lunch.

12 ashley May 18, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Mmmmm, that hearty bowl of ‘e-mail’ looky yummy!!! ;)

13 chloe @ 321delish May 18, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I think you meant you made a hearty bowl of “oatmeal” not email haha. you are busy!

14 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep May 18, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I can’t wait to watch the video. I checked out the prices and everything online (because I may or may not be moving to Orlando), and I’d be super intimidated. Hopefully your show will help with that :)

15 Meghann May 19, 2011 at 10:14 am

Well, they gave me a free month pass to give away in the future. Who knows? You amy win that ;)

16 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep May 19, 2011 at 11:54 am

Oooh! That sounds amazing!

17 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out May 18, 2011 at 2:02 pm

That’s a great question. I need to find the good huntsville tweeters to follow.

18 Hope May 18, 2011 at 2:08 pm

That sandwich looks tasty! That looks like a fun class! Can’t wait to hear about it! :)

19 Amanda @ Cucina Amanda May 18, 2011 at 2:09 pm

@PhillyRun is great for deals on running equipment in Philly
@uwishunu is a Philly blog about restaurants, shopping, events, etc. throughout the city
@IovineBrothers is a local produce stand in the Reading Terminal Market that has amazing produce and even more amazing deals!

20 Amanda May 18, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Hey Meghann- I came across your blog thanks to the Attune article you did and I am so glad that I did! I have been reading through your archives and you have helped to motivate me for the 2011 summer running season! So thanks! I live in a suburb of Chicago, IL called Schaumburg. I have been desperately seeking running partners for about two years now. My training partner for the 2009 Chicago marathon quit running after that race so I have been floundering for motivation and race buddies ever since. My hubs ran with me last summer and he completed his first half with me. This summer, I want to do a couple of halfs and maybe a full or tri. Anyways, I would LOVE any suggestions people may have of blogs and runners to follow in my area.

21 Laura May 19, 2011 at 11:30 am

I would suggest any running stores in your area – Runner’s High N’ Tri is in Arlington Heights and the owners there are nice. Most running stories have running groups in the afternoons. I live in Chicago so I’m not much help for the northwest suburbs but also try CARA (Chicago Area Runner’s Association) for running groups in your area. http://www.cararuns.org. Their website is for everyone not just members, though being a member is cool because you get discounts on some area races and an automatic 10% of at most running stores plus Runner’s World mag subscription is part of the membership (I promise I don’t work for them!).

There are a ton of running groups on the north side of Chicago at all the different running stores (Universal Sole, Running Away Multi-Sport, Fleet Feet) and downtown there’s a fun run every week out of the Nike store and the Universole Sole downtown once a week.

Hope you find a group/ partner!

22 Lindsey May 19, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Amanda,

I am from the south Chicago suburbs as well. I live in Naperville. I started running a few months ago and have been looking for partners as well. Shoot me an email if you find a running group or ever need a partner!

-Lindsey
LKVertin@gmail.com

23 Laura May 19, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Naperville has an AWESOME running store: the Naperville running company on 34 W. Jefferson. (www.runningcompany.com) I love running stores and visiting the suburbs. I know this running store has fun runs – http://www.runningcompany.com/Running-Groups/

Note on running groups – all the ones I’ve been a part of have been great at accomodating my 10:00 min/mi or slower pace for easy runs. I never have run alone.

24 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 18, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I so want to try a Barre class one day!

25 Rachel May 18, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I love barre workouts! I do Pure Barre here in Boston. looooooooove it!

26 Hats @ See How She Runs May 18, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Barre looks really interesting. If I ever get the chance to take a class, I will have to give it a try.

27 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 18, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I have never tried a Barre 54 workout – I don’t even think they’ve made it up to my area of Ontario yet but they sound very cool!! I hear ya on the busy day… I’ve been going strong since the crack of dawn too!

28 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 18, 2011 at 2:52 pm

wow, that seems/sounds like a cool class!

29 lynne @lgsmash May 18, 2011 at 2:53 pm

@iknowdenver @denverwestword @yelpdenver @downtowndtown @denverrunning = all great to follow!

can’t wait to see the full barre class! looks fun!

30 lynne @lgsmash May 18, 2011 at 2:53 pm

*for Denver

31 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 18, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Ohhhh I’ve always wanted to try one of those classes. I have a sinking suspicion I’d be bad at them but ya never know!

32 linz May 18, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Can’t wait to read the Barre review, I’ve been curious about that for a long time

Dallas Tweeters: @dallasrunclub @dfwbloggers @lukes_locker @runontexas @cooktraineatrce, @eatzismarket @dalartsdistrict @chicktalkdallas @granadatheater @jldallas @parklanedallas @westvil @dallassocials @kellierasberry @statefairofTX and of course me @linzlikewhoa

33 Emily May 18, 2011 at 3:44 pm

So much fun!!!! I so wish I could try the “barre method” – I’ve considered buying the DVD…

34 Karolina May 18, 2011 at 4:38 pm

“rush hour” traffic is a very frustrating experience, and it seems that no matter what time I leave, I end up getting stuck in it! Your half and half combo looks DELICIOUS!

35 River May 18, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I really want to do a barre class, but they don’t have them in New Zealand (or at least my city) yet!

36 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me May 18, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Hmmm haven’t heard of this workout. Looks interesting though!

37 Courtney May 18, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Wow, that sounds like a crazy day! Fun, too! :D

38 Grace May 18, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Can’t wait for the Barre episode:)

39 Dina @ DinaRuns May 18, 2011 at 8:03 pm

So glad you are reviewing Barre 54! I saw that they opened one in Winter Park recently and wanted to check it out.

40 Macrae May 18, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Just because you are always talking about having wedding fever you HAVE to watch this video. Hopefully you’ve heard of it already, but it is of a proposal at a movie theater and it will have you in tears and be soooo jealous!

41 Meghann May 19, 2011 at 11:10 am

I watched it and thought it was so sweet! loved her live reaction! :)

42 Clare @ Fitting It All In May 18, 2011 at 9:01 pm

@ALIVEMagSTL is great for upcoming events in St. Louis! They let me know about a social media speaker panel tomorrow night!

43 Lee May 18, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I follow a lot of Atlanta food and restaurant tweeters. Here are some of my favorites:

@yelpatlanta
@restaurantsATL
@LikeATL
@tonetoatlanta
@atl_events

44 Laura @ Backstage Pass May 18, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Looks like an awesome class!
In Milwaukee, some of my favorite Tweeters are: @fitmke,@mkelfmarathon, @tomheld (Off the Couch blog), @pabsttheater (music news and concert updates!), and – @lauramke20 (me!!!)

45 BroccoliHut May 18, 2011 at 10:24 pm

How does the GoLean Crisp compare to regular GoLean? GoLean is my favorite all-time cereal, so I’d be interested in trying it…

46 Meghann May 19, 2011 at 11:14 am

The Crisp is more of a lighter, crispier granola. it’s really good!

47 Kelsey May 18, 2011 at 10:40 pm

I’m looking for tweeters and bloggers in Minnesota, specifically the Rochester area in Southern Minnesota. Anyone?

48 Alexa @ SimpleEats May 18, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I would love to take one of these classes. They look so fun!

49 Emma (Namaste Everyday) May 19, 2011 at 2:02 am

I do a lot of yoga so I’m pretty graceful, but I feel like I would be a klutz at barre! can’t wait to hear the review ;)

50 Amy @ Love4Living May 19, 2011 at 12:30 pm

What a great idea. I have been looking for good tweeters to follow in the Boston area.. anyone? I really am looking to meet some people with similar interests in my area but its proving difficult bc I am kind of shy!

51 Heather @ Housewife Glamour February 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Hey Meghann! I just stumbled upon your post and had no idea you’ve taken at barre54! I follow your blog, and I think we have at least one mutual friend – Chandra from Drink Chia, but I wanted to let you know I just started teaching classes at Barre54!

It would be great to see you in class :)

Keep up the great work!
Heather

52 Meghann February 23, 2012 at 11:47 am

It’s a small world! I’ve only taken the barre54 class once, but I found a barre studio in Tampa that I’ve been going to too!