While Mommy is Away…Maddie Will Play

by Meghann on May 16, 2011

Good Morning!

After a LONG weekend of driving and celebrating I zonked out before 10:00 last night. I was ready to sleep and my body needed it. πŸ™‚

Sunday morning wasn’t much better. We didn’t get in from South Beach until after 3:00am. When I finally woke up around 9:30, I had missed my two phone calls from my Dad and the majority of my other family members had already left Miami and were on their way back home. Oopsss…

Luckily, I wasn’t the only one dragging. My siblings and I eventually got our act together and met my parents at a cuban cafe for breakfast on South Beach.

The table started with Cuban Bread.

I was starving at this point (it was almost lunchtime!) and happily ate this piece x2. There’s nothing better than crusty, toasted cuban bread. πŸ™‚

I saw Cuban French Toast on the menu and when I asked the server about it he commented that it was merely french toast made with cuban bread. As I love cuban bread, that’s what I ordered.

Of course, it wasn’t exactly what I had in mind (I think the bread had soaked in some sort of sweet milk mix that made it extra sweet and pastry like), but it was delicious.

Especially when paired with a bowl of fresh fruit.

That’s better. πŸ™‚

Thankfully the drive home to Tampa from Miami was a lot shorter than the way down. It took us a little more than 4 hours instead of almost 6. Much, Much better. πŸ™‚

Derek and I finished off the bag of plantain chips along the way.

IMG_6634.jpg

I also got a good nap in and did some work on the laptop.

Dinner was simple.

Baked chicken breast with salsa and cheese

Roasted Okra

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

1/2 a chocolate bar for dessert.

This morning I got a 4 mile run in. It felt good to get a run in. I have a C-RA-ZY week ahead and the run helped clear my head before it all began.

Cereal for breakfast.

• 1/2 cup Kix
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Wheat
  • 1/2 cup Uncle Sam’s Strawberry Cereal
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Pineapple

Maddie’s Weekend Update

A BIG THANKS to Courtney for watching Maddie while Derek and I were in Miami this weekend.

I owe you.

BIG TIME.

The best part of Courtney watching Maddie was the tweet snippets from their fun together.

Twitter    Courtney   mealsandmiles They re qui ....png

Twitter    Courtney   mealsandmiles Maddie has ....png

Even better. After I picked up Maddie yesterday I saw this tweet come in.

Twitter    Courtney  Engaged      http   twitpi ....png

CONGRATS Courtney and Matt!!!!!!

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 16, 2011 at 9:59 am

Looks like Maddie had a great time! I am dragging this morning – perhaps your tiredness has rubbed off on me.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..lazy sunday

2 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing May 16, 2011 at 10:02 am

Those puppy pictures are a.dorable. πŸ™‚
Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing recently posted..Sweet Potatoes- One of The Healthiest Foods You Can Eat Here’s Why!

3 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 16, 2011 at 10:04 am

You know it’s a good night when you don’t get in until 3AM! Glad you had a great weekend with your family, and those mashed sweet potatoes look awesome!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..When it Rains

4 Courtney Smith May 16, 2011 at 10:07 am

Thanks, Meghann! Maddie was a lot of fun!
Courtney Smith recently posted..A night to remember…

5 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me May 16, 2011 at 10:20 am

Wow everyone around you is getting engaged!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Docks and Birthday Fun

6 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 16, 2011 at 10:21 am

ohh congrats to courtney!

Looks like Maddie had an awesome time :). I’ve never had cuban bread it sounds srcumptious. Congrats again to your MD twin and I hope you have wonderful start to your week! πŸ™‚

7 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 16, 2011 at 10:22 am

That is so nice of Courtney! And major congrats to her! πŸ™‚

8 Kara May 16, 2011 at 10:23 am

Love the puppy pics, it’s so cute when they make doggie friends πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..I dream of puppies

9 kim May 16, 2011 at 10:24 am

pugs are awesome playmates.. but i might be biased : )
kim recently posted..a little about my dad

10 miranda @ working mom works out May 16, 2011 at 10:26 am

You make me want to visit Miami. I’ve never been.

Glad Maddie had fun!

11 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 16, 2011 at 10:35 am

What is Cuban Bread?

12 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 16, 2011 at 10:39 am

I love the dog pictures — so cute!

Congrats to another happy couple!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

13 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine May 16, 2011 at 10:40 am

Awww it looks like Maddie had a great time this weekend too!! Typing that I almost wrote “Maggie,” the name of our new dog….both are adorable for pups, aren’t they? An infinite variation of names to call them πŸ™‚
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Protein Cereal

14 Sarah May 16, 2011 at 10:59 am

Oh my gosh maddie is so cute! Those puppies pics are adorable.
Sarah recently posted..Packing Up &amp Moving Out

15 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 16, 2011 at 11:04 am

Awwww how cute that your friend tweeted pics of your dog. Congrats to your friend on being engaged! Oh and also, I love Kix! Haven’t had ’em forever but they sound good right now.
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Mini Me Invades My Kitchen

16 Marina May 16, 2011 at 11:24 am

congrats to your friends!
Everybody is getting either engaged or having a baby, I’m jealous πŸ˜€
Also, I’m jealous at that chocolate bar, sounds pretty good!
Marina recently posted..Lonely girl troubles

17 Sana May 16, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I think you and Maddie had an awesome weekend!

18 RunEatRepeat May 16, 2011 at 12:28 pm

How do you make the roasted okra? Is it slimy? I’ve never made it myself…
RunEatRepeat recently posted..French Fries and Tums

19 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 16, 2011 at 12:42 pm

yah congrats to your friend!!

Your fruit bowl from earlier looks soo yummy!

20 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 16, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I love a good French toast πŸ™‚ Sounds like the perfect breakfast after a crazy night!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Nothing Special

21 Emily @ Savory and Savage May 16, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Maddie looks like she made some new friends:-)
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Blueberry pancakes

22 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 16, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Aw! I’m so glad you found someone to take care of Maddie while you were gone! It looks like they had a great time! And congrats to Courtney!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..I Have A Box

23 Angela May 16, 2011 at 2:47 pm

American Cuban bread must be different to the stuff you actually get in Cuba. I would have quite happily not eaten bread again after 2 weeks there. It was so hard you could have tiled your roof with it!

24 Madison May 16, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Oh my gawd, what is this cuban bread? Never heard of it until now but now must go and hunt it down.
Madison recently posted..Tsuruhashi BBQ Restaurant – Fountain Valley- CA

25 Emma (Namaste Everyday) May 16, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I love french toast with exciting bread! Have you ever had it with challah? to die for!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..β€œAnd now for the Dancing Pants”

26 the urban pilgrim May 16, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Oh my gosh, those pups are so cute together!!
the urban pilgrim recently posted..Two Mile Morning