B(T)LT

by Meghann on May 16, 2011

Fact: Last night I went to Publix after a 4+ hour car ride

Fact: My only meal of the day before Publix was brunch 6 hrs prior and a handful or two of plantain chips

Fact: You should never go to the store hungry

Fact: My cart was full of random food items I would have otherwise avoided because of my growling stomach

Fact: If it hadn’t have been for that starving mindset I would not have discovered how awesome Bacon Tempeh is

Fact: Bacon Tempeh makes a mean sandwich

Fact: B(T)LT = Bacon (Tempeh), Lettuce, and Tomato

Fact: I added swiss cheese and hummus to the B(T)LT to give it a little more ‘oomph’

Fact: Maddie love carrots as much as I do

Fact: A sandwich just isn’t the same without a pickle to go with it.

More Facts:

1 Amanda May 16, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Oh man, now I might need to go pick some of that up after work. BLTs are my favorite!
Amanda recently posted..A Girls Weekend

2 Dawn @ Blonde on a Mission May 16, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I have yet to try tempeh. Some of the meatless products have the weirdest texture to them. One of these days, I’ll work up the courage to try it though! I am craving a pickle now haha.
Dawn @ Blonde on a Mission recently posted..Explosions &amp the Resulted Shopping Excursion

3 Morgan @ Becoming Rooks May 16, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Honestly that seems a little scary to me, but I think bacon is one of those foods you just have to go for 100%. Either real bacon or no bacon. Mmm.. bacon….
Morgan @ Becoming Rooks recently posted..IX Beer Fest

4 miranda @ working mom works out May 16, 2011 at 3:14 pm

You said the magic word – BACON. I’m all in. Gotta get by Earthfare to pick some up!!!

5 Gina @Runningtothekitchen May 16, 2011 at 3:22 pm

between this and Mama Pea’s post this morning I’m seriously craving bacon tempeh!

6 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 16, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Good to know that stuff tastes good, but I don’t think anything can take the place of bacon on a BLT!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

7 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 16, 2011 at 3:47 pm

What’s in that bacon tempeh exactly? I always find fake meat to be a bit questionable.

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm

mmm I would love to try some Tempeh sometime soon!

I <3 pickles!! SO the way to go with a sandwich πŸ™‚

9 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 16, 2011 at 4:15 pm

ohh I love the look of that bacon tempeh! I love tempeh but my husband can’t stand it! I think this would be able to win him over πŸ™‚

Thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚

10 Hats @ See How She Runs May 16, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I love tempeh – I only found it being sold in shops near me a few years ago and since then I’ve been hooked.

I wish I could come to the HLS but I just don’t have the money for flights :(. Maybe one day in the future!
Hats @ See How She Runs recently posted..Fitblog Plank Challenge

11 Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles May 16, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I completely agree that going to the grocery store hungry is not a good idea. All kinds of wild and crazy things are bound to happen. Looks like you did okay overall though.

12 Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries May 16, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Bacon tempeh rocks my world!

I was a bacon obsessed freak turned vegan so this stuff makes me happy.
Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries recently posted..A Week in Pictures

13 Lisa (bakebikeblog) May 16, 2011 at 5:54 pm

looks like a tasty sandwich!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Blogger issues and spicy baked meatballs

14 Morgan @ moments of mmm May 16, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I recently tried tempeh for the first time. I marinated it in a soy and maple marinade and grilled to perfection. It was fabulous, and now I must try tempeh bacon!

15 Christine May 16, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Brace yourself- I have no clue what tempeh is! I’m not a bacon fan, and I hate cooking it. Does this taste the same? Easier to cook?
Christine recently posted..Gary Shteyngart is Pretty Damn Cool

16 Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl May 16, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Yes grocery shopping hungry is a dangerous affair when one is hungry! Yesterday, I was really hungry before I went grocery shopping so I decided I just HAD to get some fro yo to stop the cravings. Smart right?

And I agree, a sandwich isn’t the same without the ol’ pickle!
Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl recently posted..Reasons to Turn that Monday Frown Upside Down- Sunday Brunches with Brother Bear

17 Emma (Namaste Everyday) May 16, 2011 at 8:20 pm

i’ve always wanted to try bacon tempeh – good to hear it’s delish! especially since I LOVE BLTs!!!!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..β€œAnd now for the Dancing Pants”

18 Kat May 16, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Dandelion, where I work, has a Fakin’ Lettuce and Tomato that’s similar and delicious! It’s a smoky marinade, too.

AND I hate when I grocery shop hungry!! I have to seriously consider everything that’s in my cart before committing to the check out line and make sure I’m not just shopping with my eyes!
Kat recently posted..Track Running

19 Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates May 16, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I’ve never tried tempeh, but I might soon after reading about it on so many blogs!
Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates recently posted..Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

20 Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat May 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm

I’ve never heard of tempeh bacon but I love bacon and like tempeh quite a bit so I will have to give it a go!
Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat recently posted..Challah

21 McKayla (green groats) May 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm

I could go for one of your BTLT right now! BLT’s used to be my favorite sandwich! When I was little, I would always order them when I went out to eat.
McKayla (green groats) recently posted..Wholesome and Hearty Quinoa Cakes

22 The Teenage Taste May 16, 2011 at 9:40 pm

They make tempeh bacon?! Suddenly vegetarianism isn’t looking too bad! πŸ˜›
The Teenage Taste recently posted..Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Cookies

23 Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble May 16, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Oh wow! That BTLT looks awesome! I feel ya on the don’t shop hungry thing. I did that today after work. Oh the randomness that ends up in the cart!

24 BroccoliHut May 16, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I love tempeh bacon! I just made a mondo salad with it today:) One of my favorite ways to enjoy it is in an Elvis sandwich: tempeh bacon, PB, and banana!

25 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 16, 2011 at 10:08 pm

I LOVVVEEE tempeh! πŸ™‚

I can’t wait for HLS! πŸ˜€
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..I Have A Box

26 Stephanie @ StephSnacks May 16, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Oh bacon tempeh! I’ll definitely be trying to get that at my supermarket πŸ™‚
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..Mish-Mosh

27 Elise May 17, 2011 at 2:29 am

i need to get some tempeh bacon: yesterday.
Elise recently posted..Bay to Breakers- 100th Anniversary

28 Erin@Just Breathe May 17, 2011 at 6:59 am

haha, my jack russel used to LOVE carrots… we actually think he started turning orange from feeding him too many!

29 Julia @http://takingitdaybydayinks.blogspot.com May 17, 2011 at 10:57 am

George (my daschund) LOVES carrots. He gets carrots instead of “regular” treats and the occasional ice cube if we’re getting really crazy…..
Julia @http://takingitdaybydayinks.blogspot.com recently posted..Frustrated!