Dr. Anderson

by Meghann on May 15, 2011

Oh, Snap!

My twin brother is a DOCTOR!!!!

There’s no denying it now, Josh IS the smart twin, and – you know what? – I couldn’t be prouder.

IMG_5541.jpg

My brother is a doctor!

My brother is a doctor!

MY BROTHER IS A DOCTOR!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!! πŸ™‚

Yesterday was a crazy day full of celebrations and family. πŸ™‚

Josh and his girlfriend, Adena, made reservations for our GIANT group of 36+ people at Big Pink In South Beach for an early lunch yesterday.

The 36+ was a combination of our family, Adena’s family, their friends, and their friend’s family. Basically, it was a madhouse.

Somehow, they managed to squeeze us all on one long table. I have to say, I was impressed it all worked.

IMG_5262.jpg

I had never even heard of Big Pink before we pulled up, but the minute I walked in, it was love. I loved the atmosphere, I loved the menu, and I loved the customer service (even with our large party we were in and out in an hour!).

Big Pink reminded me of a place that could be featured on Diners, Dive-ins, and Drives ( I haven’t checked, maybe it has been?). Everything about it rocked!

Derek loved that they had big tvs with baseball playing on them.

IMG_5268.JPG IMG_5269.JPG

There we go.

Great restaurant pick Josh and Adena!

Big Pink’s menu was HUGE. It had a lot of greasy diner staples, as well as some fun twists on traditional classics. I was told upon opening the menu that I NEEDED to request the sweet potato fries as a side item (not much convincing needed there πŸ˜‰ ) and that everything was pretty incredible, so there was no way I could go wrong.

I’m not sure why, but I was really craving a burger. Usually I stay away from veggie burgers at restaurants (I’ve been disappointed one too many times before), but the description of ‘tofu blended with lentils, bulgar, and fresh vegetable’ made me think Big Pink’s Veggie Burger was different.

I went for it.

Wow. Wow. and Wow.

Seriously, the BEST Veggie Burger I’ve had in my life. Can you see those chunks of veggies? It was fresh, homemade, and had me ‘mmmmming’ after each and every bite.

The burger was big, really big, and normally I would have stopped at half, but it was so good, I found myself nearly polishing off the whole thing.

If you go to Big Pink I can not recommend the veggie burger enough. Everyone else’s food looked incredible too, but I swear they just didn’t compare to mine. πŸ™‚

The sweet potatoes weren’t bad either. πŸ˜‰ They were crispy on the outside and slightly mushy on the inside – fry pefection in my opinion. Of course, my energy was geared towards the burger, so I only consumed about 1/4 of them. πŸ™‚

After stuffing ourselves silly, we waddled down the street to enjoy a cocktail or two at the cutest little boutique hotel on the beach.

The atmosphere screamed Mimosa to me. πŸ™‚

Derek and I took our drinks outside.

All that was missing was a bikini and a good book. πŸ™‚

We killed time doing a little window shopping and exploring before heading to the University of Miami Campus for the main event.

Look! It’s Josh!

The best part of the commencement book was checking out everyone’s credentials and seeing where they’re all heading next year (they’ll literally be all over the country).

Some had a little more bulk that others. πŸ˜‰

Adena is a Rock Star. Obviously. πŸ˜‰

Let the commencement begin!

That’s my brother!

Hi Josh! Hi Josh!

And here come’s my brother’s Rock Star girlfriend.

I think Adena spotted us!

The entire commencement ceremony was very emotional for me.

It was always a given Josh was going to be a doctor. He was smart, he was quiet, and he was going places. No one questioned it when he studied bio-chemistry at UF or took the MCAT his senior year. When Josh applied for medical schools senior year – and was denied a couple of places before being wait listed at UM – there were no tears; only confidence that he would get in somewhere and succeed.

And he did.

Josh busted his butt in Miami. He studied for – not hours – but DAYS at a time. He worked on cadavers, he pushed himself through every rotation, he sat out of vacations, he volunteered, he passed his boards, he learned how to save lives, he grew up, and now – he’s proof that hard work and perseverance pay off.

All you need is a goal and the drive to get there.

It was always assumed Josh would be a doctor…

IMG_5414.JPG IMG_5415.JPG IMG_5416.JPG IMG_5417.JPG

But, he was the one that made it happen.

Congrats Josh! πŸ™‚

I’m equally proud of Adena.

Adena picked a field so highly competitive that the residency she will be entering into this summer is a program of only one person <-her!

Congrats to all of the Class of 2011!!

You’re all doctors now! Time to celebrate!

IMG_5490.JPG IMG_5491.JPG

IMG_5531.jpg

The Miller School of Medicine set up a reception next door for all the new doctors to celebrate together with their families.

The food spread was pretty amazing. They had a few tables set up with a little something of everything.

IMG_5552.JPG IMG_5553.JPG

Plate #1 from the veggie and cheese table.

IMG_5607.JPG IMG_5608.JPG IMG_5609.JPG

IMG_5600.JPG IMG_5612.JPG IMG_5648.JPG

Plate #2 from the Asian Table.

Plate #3 from the dessert table (I just had a bite of each)

Plate #4 Cake!

After the reception we headed to South Beach for some ice cream.

I shared some Mint Chocolate Chip with Derek.

Then we went to a German restaurant for beers and pretzels.

I was DD, so I abstained from the beer, but I did have some of the amazing pretzel! Yum!

We ended the night at a karaoke bar on South Beach.

It was just Josh, Ben, Kelly, Derek, and me at this point, but it was probably the most fun I’ve had in a long time (even as DD). My siblings are my best friends, there’s no questioning that, and any minute I spend with them is a minute worth savoring. Last night felt like a last hoorah before we’re all separated again. They drank, we danced, we sang, and we just had FUN.

Heck, the guys even got on stage for a round of ‘The Devil Went Down to Georgia’ and ‘ Great Balls of Fire’

And, even though Kelly was resisting, I managed to pull her up for ‘Any Man of Mine’ (which we ROCKED).

Don’t ask me how the only sober one went up stage for a solo, but I did a pretty mean round of ‘Total Eclipse of My Heart’ πŸ˜‰

IMG_5703.jpg

We managed to stay out until 3:00am at that Karaoke Bar. I can’t tell you the last time I stayed out that late – it just proves how much fun we were having.

Seriously. Best. Siblings. Ever.

I’m proud of each and everyone of them.

One a doctor.

One graduating with her masters this summer.

Another working hard to take over the family business.

And the last (me) writing this blog.

I don’t know what my parents did, but they raised us right.

Thanks Mom and Dad. This weekend was dedicated to you. πŸ™‚

1 The Teenage Taste May 15, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Congrats to your brother! πŸ˜€
The Teenage Taste recently posted..Erika’s Favorite Green Monster

2 Ellie@fitforthesoul May 15, 2011 at 5:27 pm

wow what an amazing time in his life! or YOUR LIVES! πŸ™‚ Dr. Anderson~that has a really nice ring to it huh? have a great day

3 Marina May 15, 2011 at 5:27 pm

What a wonderful post!
Congratulations to your brother, and to you and your family.
I bet your brother feels awesome now, I can’t wait when I finish my studies and become a vet doctor :))
Marina recently posted..Lonely girl troubles

4 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:43 am

Good Luck! Just know their IS a light at the end of the tunnel. πŸ™‚

5 Molly May 15, 2011 at 5:30 pm

That is awesome!

6 Nicole May 15, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Fun day! You look so pretty in the photos!
Nicole recently posted..True Portrayal

7 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:43 am

Thank you! πŸ™‚

8 River May 15, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Looks like a fabulous weekend!
River recently posted..Concert Review – Katy Perry

9 Ali May 15, 2011 at 5:31 pm

What a wonderful weekend! Congrats to your brother–what an amazing achievement! It looks like you had a ton of fun! I have never done karoke before, but am pretty sure I could never do it sober. You go girl!
Ali recently posted..Graduation

10 kristy @ kristyruns.com May 15, 2011 at 5:33 pm

So much to celebrate! Great post!
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Test Run

11 Becca@Start Over From Scratch May 15, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Man! I remember remember meeting all of your family on move in day freshman year! We’ve all come so far and grown up so much! I’ll be graduating from culinary school in a week. It’s so great to see all our dreams coming true! πŸ™‚ P.S. I’m moving in with my dad for the summer! I hope we can reconnect!!!

12 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:44 am

Yes! Let me know as soon as you are down here!

13 Sana May 15, 2011 at 5:35 pm

You have an amazing family:)
Sana recently posted..Break

14 Amy May 15, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Do you think your parents want to adopt a 30-year-old? πŸ™‚

15 Kara May 15, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Uh, I TOTALLY love your dress! Where did you get it??

Your brother is awesome, but his girlfriend is pretty badass…a phD already? Dang!
Kara recently posted..A new addition is coming!

16 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:44 am

Thanks! It’s from Forever 21! And Adena is pretty badass, that’s why we all love her πŸ™‚

17 Amy May 15, 2011 at 5:47 pm

What an awesome weekend. You wrote such a sweet post! It makes me wish I had some siblings. It’s nice to see such a close family!!
Amy recently posted..Matched

18 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 15, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I love the dress you are wearing!

Congrats again to your brother!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

19 Allie May 15, 2011 at 5:48 pm

HUGE congrats to your brother (and his girlfriend). it is so so fantastic to see how much you love your siblings and how close your family is.

20 Fallon May 15, 2011 at 5:57 pm

How exciting!! You and your family definitely celebrated in the right way. Congrats to them all!
Fallon recently posted..Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!

21 Lisa (bakebikeblog) May 15, 2011 at 5:58 pm

big bog congrats to both your bro and his girlfriend! How wonderful!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Blogger issues and spicy baked meatballs

22 Michelle May 15, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Congrats to your brother! Good luck to him in CA πŸ™‚
Michelle recently posted..Beaches &amp Bridesmaids

23 Susan @ Mom Swim Bike Run May 15, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Every time I read posts like this from you, I can’t help but think what wonderful parents you have. I swear I need some of their secrets! I’m raising 3 wonderful kids and I hope one day they’ll be as close as you all are. What’s the secret?
Susan @ Mom Swim Bike Run recently posted..Blank Canvas

24 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:46 am

Stay involved! I think that’s it. My parents never left us behind on vacations, they gave us our own space, but were always there when they needed us, they loved going on adventures as much as we did, and they gave everything we needed without spoiling us. πŸ™‚

25 Nina May 15, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Such a sweet post! I’m trying to hold back tears here. Your parents seem like amazing people, Meghann, and I love reading all of your family posts because it always looks like you guys are having a wonderful time and have such a loving relationship. A big congratulations to Josh and Adena — you guys made it!

26 Silvia @ skinny jeans food May 15, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Someone got hooded!!!! Congratulations to your brother and his girlfriend, and for his amazing family to celebrate with him!
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Sunshine in a cup

27 VeggieGirl May 15, 2011 at 6:22 pm

MAJOR congratulations to your brother!

28 Kristen May 15, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Aw- you’re such a proud sister πŸ™‚
Congrats to your brother and family!
Kristen recently posted..two weeks out- training cycle thoughts

29 Tami May 15, 2011 at 6:28 pm

This was a very touching post-your parents must be so proud of you all

30 emily May 15, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Congrats to them both! Plus, double congrats for dating through medical school; my husband is in his second year and it is ca-razy!
emily recently posted..I’ll Mail Your Package

31 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:47 am

They didn’t start dating until last year. Josh tells me stories of his friends who got married and had kids while in med school – I don’t know how they did it!

32 Mac May 15, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Looks like a blast! I am definitely a fan of plate # 2 and 3 πŸ™‚
Mac recently posted..Cucumber-Orzo Salad &amp Red Velvet Whoopie Pie Recipes

33 Shannon May 15, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Congrats to your brother! You must be so proud of him!
Shannon recently posted..Triathlon

34 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 15, 2011 at 6:48 pm

This post made me tear up. Seriously. It is so obvious through your blog and all of the pictures how close your family is. It is such a breath of fresh air and I am so thankful that you share a little bit of your life with us.

Congratulations to your brother on such an amazing achievement! πŸ˜€
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..I Have A Box

35 Keri May 15, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Congratulations to your brother! That is very impressive. Looks like you all had a wonderful evening!

36 Susan May 15, 2011 at 6:55 pm

It def looks like a fun wkend! congrats to your brother. Cute dress!

37 Wendy May 15, 2011 at 6:56 pm

What a sweet post, I love how close you are to your siblings! Congrats to your twin on pursuing such a competitive field, what an achievement!
Wendy recently posted..iPad Journey Bag

38 Laurie May 15, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Wow! Congrats to Josh again and Adena! What an amazing accomplishment!
I envy your close relationship with all your siblings! You guys look like you were having so much fun at that karaoke bar!

39 Jen May 15, 2011 at 7:09 pm

My brother’s a doctor, too. It’s pretty cool, isn’t it? I pretty much cried through his med school graduation and his graduation from residency. I’m 8 years older, so as the big sister I think I’m allowed. πŸ™‚ Congrats to your brother and his gf!

40 natalie (the sweets life) May 15, 2011 at 7:11 pm

i’m one of 4 too and my siblings are my favorite people! so glad you’re so close with your family πŸ™‚
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Smores Ice Cream Pie

41 Kat May 15, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Congratulations to your brother! What a great post. You seem to be surrounded by truly wonderful people πŸ™‚
Kat recently posted..First Day Playing Ultimate

42 Lesley May 15, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I loved this post πŸ™‚ I also have four siblings and it really is an amazing gift to have built in friends!

Congrats to josh!!–would he ever consider writing a guest post of best places to eat/go out in miami? just moved here and can’t stop exploring!

43 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:48 am

haha – I think he girlfriend, Adena, would be a better fit for that. Just sure if either of them would have time though!

44 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 15, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Congrats to your brother!!! He is honestly a clone of your mother! They look so much alike. I love seeing how different fraternal twins look. DO you have a close bond with him being twins?
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

45 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:49 am

We’re close, but I don’t think there’s a special twin bond or anything.

46 Carol May 15, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Very cute post! Congrats to your brother!

47 Mark May 15, 2011 at 7:24 pm

This is one of the sweetest posts I’ve read on a blog ever. Thank you for sharing with us.

Also, congrats to your brother and your family!

48 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun May 15, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Congrats to your brother!

And that looks like SUCH a fun celebration. With a ton of good looking food. Lastly, you look great in that dress!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Winners- Features- &amp Runs

49 Amanda May 15, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Congratulations to your brother Josh!!! Dr. Anderson, I love it! Great post girl.

50 Jenna May 15, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Whatta fun day!!
Jenna recently posted..THE BIG MOVE

51 Melissa @ TryingToHeal May 15, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Congrats to your brother and Adena!!! I can’t believe they finally finished!! Please let them know how proud I am of them!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Just One More

52 Gina @Runningtothekitchen May 15, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Great post and congratulations to your brother!
Gina @Runningtothekitchen recently posted..Farm to table

53 Carly May 15, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Congrats to Josh and Adena! A U of M alum – Go Blue!!

54 MegaNerd May 15, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Congrats Dr. Josh and Dr. Adena! You guys rock !
MegaNerd recently posted..King Farm Wine Festival

55 Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 15, 2011 at 7:49 pm

WOW this post really shows how accomplished you are and the fun you have together! Obviously it looks like you had a great time celebrating and your surely deserve to πŸ™‚
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Sun Chlorella Review

56 Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 15, 2011 at 7:49 pm

How accomplished *you and your family is! doh
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Sun Chlorella Review

57 Claire May 15, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Congrats to your brother!!! That is such an incredible accomplishment πŸ™‚ I feel the same way about my feeling, it’s so incredibly wonderful having such a strong support system!
Claire recently posted..Eat Skinny Be Skinny- Apple Pie Smoothie

58 Erica May 15, 2011 at 7:56 pm

This is so awesome! And can I just say, your brother LOOKS like a doctor! I’ve seen many doctors through my cancer battle and your brother would totally fit in…seriously. Congratulations to your whole family! And yes, your mom and dad definitely did something right!
Erica recently posted..Burnin’ Up The Roads

59 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:50 am

haha – love this comment. I think he looks like a doctor too. πŸ™‚

60 s May 15, 2011 at 8:00 pm

congrats to your brother!! looks like a lot of fun celebrating πŸ™‚ what a lovely family, you have so many siblings that you’re close with, that must be nice.

and dang … your bro’s girlfriend is totally a rockstar …. i’ve gotta give her props (as they say). i’m working on just the phd and it has been a handful!

returning to lurking,
s

61 Stephanie @ StephSnacks May 15, 2011 at 8:05 pm

What a wonderful weekend! It looks like you all took great advantage of Miami (I was drooling over the veggie burger and mimosa).
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..Change of Plans

62 Leslie May 15, 2011 at 8:09 pm

that is a great family. I loved your dress!

63 Lauren May 15, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Your family seems like they are such a blast! Congrats to your brother. What a fantastic accomplishment. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..False Identities

64 Sarah K May 15, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Your family are so cute together, sounds like you guys definitely have lots of fun. People who work and study that hard to save lives are so heroic, and congratulations to your brother and his girlfriend for dedicating there lives to helping others.
Sarah K recently posted..The Geek in Me

65 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 15, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Looks like it was a fab weeekend! Congrats to you all πŸ™‚

66 sarah (the SHU box) May 15, 2011 at 8:44 pm

AHHH so excited for josh!!! and a huge congrats, too. and since i know what he’s in for — i think you should also start planning his care packages now πŸ™‚

also: i have been to the big pink a few times (w/ the husband’s miami beach fam) and it is great!
sarah (the SHU box) recently posted..weekend mashup

67 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 15, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Your parents certainly did raise you right! πŸ™‚ congrats to all of you and your respective, and collective, successes! πŸ™‚

That veggie burger looks absolutely amazing! I am on a quest to find a make the very best veggie burgers. mmm mmm! πŸ™‚

68 Krystina (Organically Me) May 15, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Congrats to Josh and Adena!! I’ve been to that ice cream place and the German restaurant. Love!
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..On Losing It- and Gaining It Weight- Happiness- and Peace- Part III

69 Alaina May 15, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Wow, that looks like such an amazing day!! That is amazing what your brother has accomplished. Looks like you and your siblings know how to have a good time! πŸ™‚

70 Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl May 15, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Aww this post was so sweet, it made me tear up! Congrats to your brother – it really is an accomplishment. I admire how close you are with your siblings and how much you credit them for their accomplishments. Seems like a great family πŸ™‚ AND what a great weekend of food too!
Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl recently posted..Mini Me Invades My Kitchen

71 Elizabeth May 15, 2011 at 9:24 pm

This is one of the best posts I have ever read. It made me smile the whole time and think of my siblings as well. Thank you for being honest and sharing how much you care about your family!
Elizabeth recently posted..Stress-less

72 Amanda May 15, 2011 at 9:48 pm

This post brought me to tears – and I’m not exactly sentimental. This was such a beautiful and heart-rending post. Congrats to your siblings and your parents!

73 Laura May 15, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Congrats to your brother and Adena – what an amazing achievement. Your parents must be SO proud! πŸ™‚

I know that you and your sister are very close now, but have you always been really close to your twin brother? People always say that twins have a special bond.

74 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:51 am

I’ve always been close to all my siblings, but I wouldn’t say it’s any different than how close I am with Kelly. πŸ™‚

75 Dione May 15, 2011 at 10:31 pm

What a sweet post. Congrats to Josh & Adena! Let them know they are going to love the west coast. Holla! πŸ™‚

76 Reenie May 15, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Love your dress where’d you get it?

Great pics y’all look great. Congrats to Dr. Josh and Adena ~ Woot!!

77 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:52 am

Thanks! It’s from Forever 21

78 Emma (Namaste Everyday) May 15, 2011 at 11:26 pm

amazing weekend full of love, pride, and FUN!!! congrats to your brother <3
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..β€œAnd now for the Dancing Pants”

79 Tropical Eats May 15, 2011 at 11:29 pm

congrats to your twinsie! (love that word ‘twinsie’ for some reason hah)

your family is awesome. think ive told u that about 10 times through blogging and twitter, but it is the truth.

πŸ™‚
Tropical Eats recently posted..Self Workout in the Park

80 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 16, 2011 at 12:54 am

Your family is so cute! Congrats to your brother πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Nothing Special

81 Heather May 16, 2011 at 1:55 am

Beautiful post, and let me echo: where’d you get that amazing dress?

82 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:53 am

I ordered it from Forever 21 back in February. I was happy to finally have a chance to wear it. πŸ™‚

83 Jamie@everydaydolce May 16, 2011 at 2:36 am

This was such a fun and heart warming post! Thanks for being so willing to share your love for your family, it’s inspiring. It looks like you had the perfect weekend…congrats to your brother! That an EPIC accomplishment πŸ™‚
Jamie@everydaydolce recently posted..The merry things of may

84 Ada May 16, 2011 at 5:49 am

Wow, a HUGE congrats to your brother and Adena, what a major accomplishment. I had no idea Adena also has her PhD, she must be a total genius. And your brother majored in chemistry??? Dang, he must be one smart cookie. I hope to be just like them one day:)
Ada recently posted..Ragnar Relay 2011

85 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 9:53 am

Yeah, they’re both smarty pants. πŸ™‚

86 Hope May 16, 2011 at 8:17 am

What an amazing weekend! Congrats to your brother and his girlfriend! What a huge accomplishment! πŸ™‚ I love how much your family means to you and the fact that all of you are close. I think that is so important. Great post! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Macaroni &amp Cheese…

87 Carolina May 16, 2011 at 9:53 am

I went home a few weeks ago (I’m from Miami), & I literally went to almost every single place you guys visited this weekend, too funny! Looks like you had an awesome time!

88 Halley (Blunder Construction) May 16, 2011 at 10:08 am

Lovely to see all the happy pictures πŸ™‚ You and your sibs look nothing alike though! Not one Anderson is like the other!
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Rainy Sunday

89 Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted May 16, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Congrats to Josh and to all of you!! I just attended my brother’s law school graduation on Friday!

90 Allie May 16, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Congrats to your brother and whole family! Also, your dress is lovely.

91 Charise May 16, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I love that your siblings are all so close! Sounds like a super fun weekend. Congratulations to your brother!
Charise recently posted..Lamb and Chickpea Pitas

92 Sara May 16, 2011 at 2:33 pm

It looks like you guys had fun! Congrats to your brother!

93 Monica C. May 16, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Rats! I’m mad b/c in scrolling through the comments I saw that someone left “my” comment already but I’ll say it again: your brother looks like a doctor!! He just does – without pretense or arrogance, just by virtue of his demeanor, he looks like he will make a seamless transition to “Dr. Anderson.”

And Adena?? WOW!! She is a badass – I love it!

Good luck to both of them in their future endeavours. I hope they both get a chance to squeeze in a little fun!

94 Meghann May 16, 2011 at 3:19 pm

haha πŸ™‚ They both have less than a month until they report to their residencies, but will be squeezing in some fun time in Argentina over the next two weeks. They actually leave for their adventure tomorrow!

95 jenna{frombostonwithlove} May 16, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Big Pink’s is awesome! We stopped in Miami for a honeymoon layover and ate there two mornings in a row πŸ™‚

Congrats to the grads!

96 jenna{frombostonwithlove} May 16, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Congrats to the grads!
jenna{frombostonwithlove} recently posted..Half Marathon Check!

97 Anna B May 17, 2011 at 12:05 am

I’m finishing my second year of med school and have been thinking about this post all day. It’s such a nice tribute to your brother. Sometimes we students feel like people (even our loving, supportive families) don’t really “get” how hard we are working. I love your line about Josh being the one that made this happen. It proves that you, and our families, do understand, and I’m sure Josh appreciates your pride in him. Congratulations!

98 Jess@atasteofconfidence May 17, 2011 at 12:07 am

Congrats to your bro! Didn’t know he was your twin:)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..my eating story- part 1

99 laurie @ the corner slice May 18, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Absolutely love this post! It’s so refreshing to see someone else who adores their siblings so much πŸ™‚
laurie @ the corner slice recently posted..this weekend…

100 laurie @ the corner slice May 18, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Love this post! So sweet — and refreshing to know someone adores their siblings as much as I do πŸ™‚
laurie @ the corner slice recently posted..this weekend…

101 Kira December 28, 2011 at 11:56 am

This had me reminiscing about when my husband (then fiance) graduated from medical school. I was so proud of him. As your brother probably knows by now, getting that MD is just the START of all of the hard work of residency/fellowships/etc, but it’s certainly a big start. Belated congratulations to him and Adena! A dermatology residency at UChicago! That’s huge!
Kira recently posted..Christmas Joy