Pita, Pita

by Meghann on May 12, 2011

Heellllloooo….. out there!

I’m highly caffeinated and moving at the speed of light today. A vast improvement on my sour mood from last night. πŸ™‚

I think I owe it all to the great meeting I had at Cool Mo’s Coffee this morning, as well as the amazing iced coffee that came with it.

IMG_2675.jpg

I know I’m working with Cool Mo’s now (meaning you can probably take any review from here on out with a grain of salt from me), but they seriously have the BEST iced coffee. It’s nice and strong and full of rich, dark flavor. All you need is a little cream and you’re good to go. Of course, their variety of flavored iced coffees (aka sugar, sugar, and more sugar) are fun too if you’re looking to really go crazy. πŸ™‚

We talked business, I drank iced coffee, and all was right with the world. πŸ™‚

I arrived back home just around lunch time and was STARVING for something good to eat. I made a great plate utilizing some of the goodies I picked up at Rollin’ Oats yesterday.

I wasn’t lying when I said I stocked up on Sami’s Bakery baked goods. Last night it was the pizza crust, today it was their amazing whole wheat pitas.

I heated a pita in the microwave and paired it with a couple of their falafels.

Throw in some hummus and spinach and my pita was good to go.

The pita was thin, but I preferred it that way. The thin pita allowed the filling to stand out a bit more, so I didn’t taste just bread – i tasted everything. It was delicious.

On the side, another Rollin’ Oats find from the reduced deli section.

Only, I think they lied to me. This is some funky looking potato salad, or maybe that’s why it was reduced? πŸ˜‰

My guess is the label was wrong and the Carrot and Raisin Salad was what I actually went home with. πŸ™‚ It looked good in theory, but was wayyyy too sweet for my taste. I only had a few bites before giving up and throwing the rest out.

At least the pita was good. πŸ™‚

I’m on my way to Orlando for the remainder of the evening. We’re filming the next episode of Meals and Miles and rumor has it I’ll be ‘flying’. Should be fun!

1 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing May 12, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I love falafel, but have found that most restaurants and mixes add wheat flour! So weird — why mess with good beans? Happy to see that ingredient list is legit πŸ™‚ Gives me hope. Hope the day keeps heading in the right direction!
Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing recently posted..Good Company

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 12, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Oh my goodness, what a delicious looking pita! I made falafels for the first time a little while ago, and I don’t know why I waited so long!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Friend Date!

3 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 12, 2011 at 1:50 pm

mmm I am jealous and the falafel and the caffeine!

Good luck with your new episode !:)

4 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 12, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I also prefer thin pitas — if the bread is too thick it ends up just tasting too dry.

Whenever I see your clues for what your next episode is going to be, I think about Tyra on ANTM with her clues about the photo shoots. Makes me smile!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

5 Hope May 12, 2011 at 2:03 pm

That is a great looking pita! I’ve only had falfel one time and that was in a salad from Sweetgreens. I really liked it. πŸ™‚

Have fun filming!
Hope recently posted..Upscale McDonald’s…

6 Kacy May 12, 2011 at 2:18 pm

I love falafel! YUM!
Kacy recently posted..Top Three Favorite Frozen Entrees

7 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 12, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Can’t wait to see the next episode! You made me crave some falafel!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Word Up Wednesday- Runpowerment and Call to NYC Bloggers

8 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 12, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I’ve never had falafel before! Looks good!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..A Day Through The Lens

9 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 12, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I love when pitas are thinner<–you're right, it makes everything stand OUT. Just how I like it.

have fun 'flyin'!

10 miranda @ working mom works out May 12, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I need to find some GF pitas. Those just made me reminiscent of my college days.

11 Amanda @ Eating Up May 12, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Carrot and raisin salad always reminds me of Chik-fil-a!
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Gooey Butter Cookies

12 Dori May 12, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Now I am craving falafel!
Dori recently posted..Texgate lol 2011- The Aftermath

13 Katherine May 12, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Haha that “potato salad” made me laugh out loud.

Def making falafel for dinner tonight. Thanks for the idea!

14 Gina @Runningtothekitchen May 12, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Looks better than Pita Pit! Now I want some falafel.
Gina @Runningtothekitchen recently posted..A day of eats on the road

15 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 12, 2011 at 3:52 pm

falafel may be one of my favorite foods evs!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

16 Emily @ Savory and Savage May 12, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Yeah, that was one funky looking potato salad πŸ™‚

You will by flying? on a trapeze?
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..A sweet and sour start

17 kate May 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I love pitas! I have a whole bag in my freezer begging to be turned into something delicious.
kate recently posted..Under an apple tree

18 Lindsay May 12, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I just got an eversave coupon for swim spot….. i remember you doing a post about it……. how does the site work and how do i get the best suit fitted for me? i felt the site was a little confusing and i dont want to buy a suit that doesnt fit me HELP πŸ™

19 Hats @ See How She Runs May 12, 2011 at 5:39 pm

That’s a shame about the salad. Falafel pita is always a winner – there’s a great place in the town where I work that sells pita + falafel + grilled aubergine + LOTS of hummus for pretty cheap… but here’s what puts it over the edge… UNLIMITED salad. All sorts of salad from your usual to the more exotic (amazing marinated, roasted Chantenay carrots for example). Oh I could fill up on the salad alone. It was awesome when I was an uni (balances out the alcohol, right?).
Hats @ See How She Runs recently posted..Update 1

20 Rebecca May 12, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Yum, that falafel looks sooo good! Now I’m craving a falafel sandwich. πŸ™‚
Rebecca recently posted..Unplanned Rest

21 Hilary May 12, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Mmm….looks like some good finds…jealous!
Hilary recently posted..Such a Softie

22 Courtney May 12, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Yum! your pita looks like it came from a restaurant!
Courtney recently posted..Hmm…

23 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 12, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Wow awesome falafel pita, looks amazing πŸ˜€

24 Jenna May 12, 2011 at 7:57 pm

OMG carrot and raisin salad is the besttttt!
Jenna recently posted..THE BIG MOVE

25 Karolina May 12, 2011 at 8:19 pm

What a creative spin on a pita! It looks delicious!
Karolina recently posted..Happy Mothers Day!

26 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 12, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Ah falafels…my #1 favorite food IN LIFE!!! I could die for those balls of chickpea and spice. The only thing you’re missing is a good smear of hummus. Although I’m more of a fluffy and thick pita person πŸ˜‰
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Go for It

27 BroccoliHut May 12, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Usually I am a fluffy pita kind of girl, but your lunch looks delish! I also really love carrot raisin salad in any form.

28 Emma (Namaste Everyday) May 13, 2011 at 5:04 am

why is a falafel pita so darn GOOD?! yum πŸ™‚ I need to make some at home, I usually get mine from Pita Pit (or my old dining hall :()
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..β€œAnd now for the Dancing Pants”

29 Stephanie May 13, 2011 at 11:07 am

I loooove falafels. I always make an extra big batch and freeze them for a quick go-to meal. YUM