Testing out the New Desk

by Meghann on May 10, 2011

I had a plan today. A good plan.

….go to Hooker Tea Co… do some work… finally check out Rollin Oats (a cute health store that has been blowing up my twitter stream πŸ˜‰ )… pick up something for dinner… head home… wait for Derek to get home…

Instead I drove all the way to South Tampa to discover I left my wallet at home.

Sad face.

It was a far drive, so I spent a good 15 minutes scouring my car for enough loose change to buy a tea (it was a no go) before calling it quits.

Then I had a cookie.

I drove all the way to South Tampa to eat a left over cookie in my car. It’s how I roll. πŸ˜‰

It wasn’t so bad. I lost a lot of time, but I did end up saving myself some $$. You win some, you lose some, right?

I came back home and decided to take the new desk in the second bedroom for a test drive.

(excuse the mess, I’m still in the process of organizing – feel free to volunteer to make the process go faster πŸ˜‰ )

Working from the desk was great. I sat there for three hours and got as much done as I usually do in a coffee shop. I really enjoyed working in a separate room where I had no laundry, dishes, or TV to distract me. (I usually work in the living room in the morning, but it’s distraction city in there!) There was the mess on the desk, but for some reason that didn’t bother me. πŸ™‚

Maddie on the other hand, had no idea what to do with herself.

She spent the first 15 minutes circling the room, trying to figure out why I was in there and not near the comfy couch where she could easily curl up in a ball and sleep.

After I realized she wasn’t going to leave my side (it’s not like I locked her in the room with me), I brought her bed in from the living room to give her a comfy spot to lie next to me.

Much better. With the addition of the comfy bed, the room was officially Maddie approved.

πŸ™‚

Derek worked late again tonight. Eating dinner alone isn’t as fun as it used to be. :/

This is my version of a classic All-American Meal. πŸ™‚

Beginning with the Apple Chicken Sandwich with spinach ketchup and spicy mustard between two slices of wheat bread.

IMG_4993.jpg

Almost as good as a roll, but when there are no rolls around… we improvise.

Sweet Potato Fries =

Pickle

Another cookie for dessert. These babies are GOOD!

Meals and Miles The Show

Screen shot 2011-05-10 at 10.21.17 PM.png

The latest episode of Meals and Miles is now love on iZonOrlando.com!

This week I check out my first Cage Fitness class. It’s INTENSE, but fun! You’ll definitely see me work up a sweat!

And I promise, I’m NOT prego! That’s the last time I wear that shirt on film! πŸ˜‰

Check it out and let me know what you think!

1 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out May 10, 2011 at 10:28 pm

That’s totally what my dogs would have done, too. Spoiled much?
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Pity Party Day

2 Kaitlin May 10, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Yummy cookies! And way to problem solve with Maddie. Cute.
Kaitlin recently posted..Down With the Sickness

3 River May 10, 2011 at 10:54 pm

I love that desk. I’m really into black furniture at the moment, looks so modern.
River recently posted..Haul – Auckland Holiday

4 Michelle May 10, 2011 at 10:56 pm

That desk is awesome.

I checked out the video – the shirt isn’t that bad!

5 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 10, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Awww Maddie! πŸ˜€
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..A Day Through The Lens

6 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 10, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Aw I hate it when I’m anticipating something, and then a little thing like not bringing my wallet derails the whole thing πŸ™ But that cookie would probably make it all better!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..The Real Deal

7 Amanda @ Eating Up May 10, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Those cookies look delicious! Pretty sure they saved the day, no?
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Gooey Butter Cookies

8 Ashley May 10, 2011 at 11:10 pm

That has definitely happened me, except it was worse. I drove all the way on the other side of town to target, got a whole basket full of stuff, got to the checkout and everything was rung up before I realized I didn’t have my debit card. I felt terrible.
I love the new desk, and maddie of course.
Ashley recently posted..IndoChine For A Day

9 Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 10, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Rainbow chocolate chip cookies make everything better!

10 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 10, 2011 at 11:20 pm

awww poor Maddie!

re driving and forgetting your wallet, I totally would have done the same thing! At least you had the cookie to console yourself! πŸ˜›

11 RunningOnCoffee May 10, 2011 at 11:23 pm

40lbs isn’t TOO bad…I’ve bought our dog’s 38lb bag of dog food and carried it out of the store into my car on my own before πŸ™‚ (I’m pretty proud of that).

A lot of those moves look like what we do in the bootcamp class at my gym (minus the kicking/kneeing/punching of the bag) – we just use a stepper or a bosu instead of the bag. I’m impressed you kept your hair down for the whole class! I can’t stand my hair being against my sweaty neck.

Glad to see J’s everyday fashion has a gig going too!
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Virgin Hash

12 Meghann May 11, 2011 at 6:16 am

Yeah, it was a really fast pace class. 5 minutes straight of intense moves and a 1 min break in between. I didn’t mean to keep my hair down the whole time! I was kicking myself for forgetting a hair tie! πŸ™‚

13 Su May 10, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Well.. if you cosider the gas you spend driving to that place I think you didn’t save some $$… πŸ˜›

14 Meghann May 11, 2011 at 6:17 am

I saved some $$ because I didn’t spend money on tea or Rollin Oats. I didn’t say I saved all of it. πŸ™‚

15 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 10, 2011 at 11:35 pm

mmm classic American meal looks yummy πŸ™‚

16 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 11, 2011 at 12:17 am

i hate working at a desk, but i ALWAYS get more work done!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

17 Alaina May 11, 2011 at 12:28 am

Aww, Maddie is adorable. πŸ™‚

I really like the new desk!
Alaina recently posted..5 Napkin Burger

18 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 11, 2011 at 1:18 am

I forget my wallet all the time! I’m very forgetful πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..OC Half Marathon

19 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] May 11, 2011 at 2:58 am

My roomies just moved out – and I find it to be so weird eating dinner alone! Normally we’ll sit at the table for 2 hours (I mean we live in France). So weird how you get used to things…
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..maman

20 Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East) May 11, 2011 at 4:43 am

I have forgotten my wallet/purse on numerous occasions. The worst time was once when I had invited my friend out to eat for her birthday, we ordered, ate our food, then when it was time to pay I realized I had forgotten my wallet! I was so embarrassed! She ended up having to pay then I paid her back!
Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East) recently posted..Yogurt Parfait

21 Meghann May 11, 2011 at 6:18 am

I actually do it a lot too. I told Derek the story and he was like ‘Yeah, and what else is new.’ πŸ™‚

22 Emma (Namaste Everyday) May 11, 2011 at 5:11 am

I need to make some of those cookies. stat!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Dorm Room Strength Training

23 Hats @ See How She Runs May 11, 2011 at 5:17 am

I always find it easier to work if I’m in a work-only setting. And I can’t work in mess – I just find it so distracting.
Hats @ See How She Runs recently posted..Monday’s BodyPump

24 Orla May 11, 2011 at 6:14 am

That class looks like a blast! But how did you cope with your hair down the whole time; it would drive me crazy! Is that just for filming?

25 Meghann May 11, 2011 at 6:19 am

Trust me, it was not on purpose! I forgot a hair tie and was cursing myself for doing so the whole time!

26 Jennifer H May 11, 2011 at 6:47 am

I’ve not heard of a cage fitness class yet. I like the idea of 600 calories burned in 30 minutes!
Jennifer H recently posted..Crab Salad

27 Lauren May 11, 2011 at 6:56 am

Oh that stinks!!! I’ve done things like that before. Last week, I drove to the gas station and just barely made it there only to discover that I didn’t have my credit card on me. Ugh, such a disappointment.
Lauren recently posted..Her First Mothers Day

28 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 11, 2011 at 7:33 am

Too bad about forgetting your wallet — although I’d prefer to work at home, I find being in coffee shops very distracting!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

29 Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl May 11, 2011 at 7:47 am

You do not look pregnant! haha. That class looks great! Very cool that you get to do these videos. I loved it!
Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl recently posted..My First Experience with Overnight Oats in a Jar AND PB Fingers

30 Hope May 11, 2011 at 8:21 am

I really like your desk! It’s cute! Dinner looks so good! Apple Chicken sounds really good! I definitely have to look for that at the store. I’m totally loving those cookies. They look amazing! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Upscale McDonald’s…

31 Mimi May 11, 2011 at 8:39 am

The picture of Maddie on her little blue bed is so cute!

Stinks about forgetting your wallet at home, but looks like it worked out!
Mimi recently posted..The way it was

32 Laurie May 11, 2011 at 8:59 am

Aww, Maddie so cute! Love your video! That cage fitness looks like an intense workout! I hope something like this comes to my area soon! Oh I love that shirt you were wearing, and you didn’t look pregnant!

33 Gina May 11, 2011 at 9:55 am

I know you said in the earlier comments that you forgot your hair tie but I still give you kudos for doing the whole class with your hair down! I constantly forgot a hair tie when I went to the gym after work, so what I did was go to the dollar store and bought 2 packs of hair ties to keep in my car. That way, in case I ever forgot one I would have plenty of back-ups!
Gina recently posted..Death by Pollen

34 Kacy May 11, 2011 at 9:58 am

I’m glad Maddie was finally able to relax. Poor dog πŸ˜‰

35 Courtney May 11, 2011 at 10:04 am

Damn those wallets! It sucks when I leave my wallet at home and I’m trying to get on-post, because not only do I hold up the line looking frantically for it, they don’t let me enter without it! So embarrassing!
Courtney recently posted..I graduated!

36 marie [would] May 11, 2011 at 10:26 am

the best laid plans of mice and men/oft go askew
marie [would] recently posted..delayed

37 Michelle May 11, 2011 at 10:31 am

Maddie is just too cute!!

Hee on looking preggo . I definitely don’t think you do, but I have that same shirt (in the same color) and I’ve wondered if people passing me while running think that.
Michelle recently posted..Confession Wednesday

38 Charise May 12, 2011 at 9:28 am

I work from home 2 days a week and MUST work in our second bedroom/office. It’s not so much because of the distractions (I’m pretty good at focusing), but more so that there is still a separation between work and home. I don’t want to be hanging on my couch with my husband at night and thinking about the work I was doing on that couch a few hours ago. Office = working, rest of condo = living πŸ™‚
Charise recently posted..Super-Rich Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cake

39 Amy May 13, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Love this episode, and I don’t think your shirt looks bad at all – I like it! Question, are you going to do Tampa at some point since its your new home?
Amy recently posted..10 things Blogs Have Taught Me

40 Meghann May 13, 2011 at 5:23 pm

No, it’s an Orlando based show πŸ™‚