Donky Kong and Straws

by Meghann on May 10, 2011

Facebook is funny.

I write this on my sister’s wall

Screen shot 2011-05-10 at 9.38.29 AM.png

And get this to the right.

Screen shot 2011-05-10 at 9.36.42 AM.png

That, my friends, is why Facebook is a marketer’s dream. πŸ™‚

Oh, and the stories of Donky Kong and Straws? Those will come in due time.

Though, I did pull this photo out of the archives yesterday.

CIMG0395.JPG

That photo is from May 23, 2008. The night Kelly and Anthony became a couple. πŸ™‚

I have my version of a story from that night and Kelly has hers, but the endings are both the same.

CIMG0403.JPG

They both lived happily ever after. πŸ™‚

Hey, that line was pretty brilliant! It’s going in the speech!

πŸ™‚

This morning I felt like running. I got up, set out for 4 miles and ended up with 5.

When I got to 4 the audiobook I was listening to was so close to being done that I had to add an extra mile just so I could finish it. It was a really cheesy book – not even worth mentioning – but it was a good listen on runs.

When I returned, it was breakfast time!

All I kept thinking about on the run was how nice a cold, refreshing smoothie would be. Not a smoothie in a bowl, but one in a cup, with a straw. πŸ™‚

Smoothie mix:

• Pineapple
  • Frozen Strawberries
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Silk Almond Milk
  • Chia Seeds
  • Honey Peanut Butter

Refreshing, indeed.

Paired with a multigrain Eggo topped with Naurally Nutty Chocolate Toffee Peanut Butter and Granola.

Central Florida Blogger Conference

227682_198384536871044_198384410204390_566446_7546246_n.jpg

The Central Florida Blogger Conference is coming to Orlando on July 16th!

From the website:

Make plans now to attend the Central Florida Blogger Conference. It is perfect for beginning bloggers and seasoned pros. Whether you blog as a hobby, for your business or as a public relations professional, you’ll be sure to learn new strategies to build your brand, influence in your community, and make new friends.

My friend, Bess, has been working feverishly behind the scenes to bring this conference together and I’m really excited to have been asked to be apart of it. I’m partnering with Ashley K. Edwards of Izea to present the “How to Monetize Your Blog” session. Your guess is as good as mine as what I’m going to say, but at least I’ll have a great partner to present with. πŸ™‚

If you’re in the Central Florida area I hope you’ll be in attendance! It’s only $30 to attend and Bess has an AWESOME agenda in place! It should be a great way to network with fellow Central Florida blogging fanatics and learn a thing or two in the process.

Will I see you there? πŸ˜‰

1 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food May 10, 2011 at 10:05 am

Facebook sure knows how to get you! haha

Your breakfast looks fantastic πŸ™‚
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Journey to Ireland

2 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 10, 2011 at 10:05 am

Ooooo I might go down for that! I’m in Jax so it’s not too far of a drive. And for that price! Heck yeah!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..A Day Through The Lens

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 10, 2011 at 10:05 am

Oooh that blogger conference is so tempting! I don’t live anywhere near Florida (I’m in Ontario) but I can’t make it to HLS this year because it conflicts with another fitness conference I’m going to. So sad!!

The donkey kong and straws story is hilarious! I think you should post your speech after the big day!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Friend Date!

4 Chad @ thebreakupnote May 10, 2011 at 10:06 am

I am in love with your cool straw and that’s all I’m saying about that!
Chad @ thebreakupnote recently posted..No Rain On This Picnic

5 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 10, 2011 at 10:07 am

Haha I want to hear this Donkey Kong and straws story!

Oh I love cheesy novels. In fact, you’ve just inspired me to look for some delicious romance novels to read πŸ™‚
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Distractions

6 Errign May 10, 2011 at 10:09 am

Um, I’m jealous of your North Face pint glass – was it a souvenir from the relay you did?

7 Meghann May 10, 2011 at 10:12 am

Yes it was! I’m a big fan of races that give out pint glasses at the end. I have a little collection now and they’re my favorite glasses to drink out of!

8 Errign May 10, 2011 at 10:15 am

That’s all I drink out of at home – pint glasses I’ve collected on my travels (and at a few bars..haha)
Errign recently posted..Real Food Roadblocks

9 Amanda @ Eating Up May 10, 2011 at 10:20 am

I love curly straws! I need to dig mine out from where they are hiding.
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Gooey Butter Cookies

10 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 10, 2011 at 10:31 am

I see stuff like that on Facebook all the time! Creeps me out to be honest!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

11 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 10, 2011 at 10:32 am

Facebook must know I have stretch marks, because I’m always seeing ads for stretch mark creams on the side of my Facebook!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..OC Half Marathon

12 chloe @ 321delish May 10, 2011 at 10:32 am

Rainbow cookies are so much more exciting than plain old choc chip ones! And the best part is each season you can swap out the different colored m&m’s to be festive πŸ™‚
chloe @ 321delish recently posted..A Kid In a Candy Store

13 Amy May 10, 2011 at 10:32 am

Peanut butter in a smoothie?! Now that is brilliant. πŸ™‚
Amy recently posted..hmph

14 Gina @Runningtothekitchen May 10, 2011 at 10:34 am

The twirly straw makes the smoothie so much better doesn’t it?

15 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 10, 2011 at 10:38 am

I loveeee hearing how a couple started out. I’ve already started planning the speech for my brother’s rehearsal dinner too. hhaha.

I can’t believe you listen to audiobooks when running. That’s so cute!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Turn that Monday Frown Upside Down- A New York-a-Versary

16 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 10, 2011 at 10:44 am

I love that straw pic, such history πŸ™‚

I wish I could come to the conference, not this time but hopefully the Healthy living Summit in August! πŸ™‚

17 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep May 10, 2011 at 10:48 am

There’s a strong possibility I’ll be around to attend the blogger conference πŸ™‚
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..The Status Quo

18 Anastasia May 10, 2011 at 10:56 am

Your smoothie does look refreshing! I’ve been really into smoothies lately.. I guess because it’s so warm out and I want something a little different than iced coffee :]
Anastasia recently posted..5k Recap

19 Chelsea May 10, 2011 at 11:03 am

Facebook knows me really well too! There is always a mountain bike ad…lol!! Your smoothie looks delish!
Chelsea recently posted..This Weekend

20 miranda @ working mom works out May 10, 2011 at 11:16 am

I wish I could be there! Wanna have one in Alabama??? πŸ˜‰

21 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life May 10, 2011 at 11:26 am

So excited for your sister! Love it when Facebook is so spot on like that!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Sometimes you winsometimes you lose

22 Shannon May 10, 2011 at 11:41 am

I have never run to an audiobook but it seems like a pretty good idea.

I would be planning my speech and everything for the wedding as well. It is so exciting!
Shannon recently posted..Best News Ever!

23 Ashley May 10, 2011 at 11:41 am

The smoothie looks great. Sometimes facebook frustrates me. I break up with my boyfriend, then there are single ads all over the place. It drives me insane haha.

24 Sana May 10, 2011 at 11:47 am

Your speech will be epic! I can’t wait for you to share itt!!

25 Hilary May 10, 2011 at 11:57 am

Making my maid of honour speech at my sister’s wedding was one of the most nerve-wracking, yet wonderful and rewarding experiences of my life! And if I lived in central Florida, I’d totally hit up that conference…but it’s a bit too much of a commute for me!

26 Alaina May 10, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Facebook is sneaky. πŸ˜‰

Very cute picture of your future brother in law!
Alaina recently posted..5 Napkin Burger

27 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 10, 2011 at 1:03 pm

If I lived in central florida I would be! πŸ™‚ Love that picture of your sister’s fiance with the straws. So funny!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..β€œthose” people

28 Hope May 10, 2011 at 1:18 pm

You’re breakfast looks delicious! That sounds like a fun conference..too bad I don’t live anywhere near Florida. πŸ™
Hope recently posted..Upscale McDonald’s…

29 Kacy May 10, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Haha, I love funny speeches at weddings. So fun!
Kacy recently posted..Top Three Favorite Frozen Entrees

30 Emily @ Savory and Savage May 10, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I would go but since I am in California it would be a bit of a drive πŸ™‚
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Too good to be true

31 erica May 10, 2011 at 3:08 pm

ooh, i can’t wait for the donkey kong and straws story!!! their anniversary is my birthday. πŸ™‚

i really want a smoothie now. looks so refreshing! πŸ™‚

32 linzo May 10, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I am in the process of writing a maid of honor speech too! Ahhhh so hard! Don’t want it to be too long or too boring but it needs meaning. Mine is for this August…hopefully you have some more time πŸ˜‰

33 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 10, 2011 at 3:55 pm

that’s why facebook totally creeps me out!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

34 Bess May 10, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I am so excited you are a part of the conference, Meghann, and have agreed to share your experience! πŸ™‚
Bess recently posted..Space is limited Register now!

35 Alison May 10, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Wait a minute. Wait. just. a. minute.

More than 13,000 people “Like” straws?

Is there nothing better to do on FB than seek out a fan page on straws and then decide to like it so the whole world knows?

One another note, that’s exciting that you’re already working on your MOH speech! I am sure it will be great πŸ™‚
Alison recently posted..Happy Mothers Day

36 Meghann May 10, 2011 at 9:25 pm

haha I didn’t even think that way. HILARIOUS!

37 Kat May 10, 2011 at 10:20 pm

This blogging conference is so timely… I’ll be booking my spot asap!
Kat recently posted..How to Get Out the Door