more ยป" />

Another Day, Another Salad

by Meghann on May 10, 2011

The salad craving from last night continued on into today.

Do you ever have a craving that just won’t stop?

I suspect that means it’s officially summer and all I want is cool and refreshing things. I’m sure my waistline doesn’t mind that one bit. Of course, when you begin to throw on as many toppings as I do, the waistline begins to mind, but the tastebuds scream ‘Oh, Yes!’

Today’s salad was BBQ Pineapple Chicken inspired.

Lots of spinach topped with corn, Gadien ‘Chicken’ Tenders, fresh pineapple (it’s soooo good right now!), mushrooms, cheese, crumbled corn muffin, and bbq sauce.

I promise it tasted just like summer! Very sweet and refreshing. Now I’m ready to sit by a pool and drink a strawberry daiquiri. That would be nice. ๐Ÿ™‚

Blogger Baby Shower By The Numbers

Amazing. You guys are simply AMAZING!

In just ONE day 151 people have donated…

• 8772 DIapers
  • 445 onesies
  • 3024 wipes
  • 26 cases of formula

All of which is being shipped directly to a church that is very much in need in Tuscaloosa!

You guys rock!

If you still want to help, we’re leaving the registry open for as long as the families need it.

Just click here for more info!

1 Karen May 10, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I just picked up some pineapple too – I’ll have to put it on my salad tomorrow. That looks SO delicious!

2 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin May 10, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Wow the response has been incredible for the Blogger Baby Shower. What an amazing community this is!

And that salad looks SO good. I want fresh pineapple now!
Beth @ Beth’s Journey to Thin recently posted..Farmers Market Filled Weekend and a Meal Plan

3 Freya May 10, 2011 at 2:02 pm

YES cravings that don’t leave are infuriating! I had a major one for butter beans the other day, it lasted about 2 days..then I realised I’d ran out. Gutted!
I love how generous people can be – 8000 nappies is a LOT!
Freya recently posted..New Name!

4 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 10, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Awesome results from the baby shower so far! That is wonderful!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

5 kristy @ kristyruns.com May 10, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I think that would be classified as an everything but the kitchen sink salad. ๐Ÿ™‚ looks delish!
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Yโ€™all and Coke

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 10, 2011 at 2:07 pm

WOW great results in the baby shower! Salads are something I just can’t stop craving now either. Lately they’ve been Mexican-inspired with chicken or black beans, corn, peppers, red onion, and lots of salsa!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Friend Date!

7 Cara @ ChicMeetsHealthy May 10, 2011 at 2:30 pm

This looks so good! I had a similar salad today with grilled corn and chicken!

8 Kacy May 10, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I definitely crave all kinds of salads and smoothies in the summer. I love it!
Kacy recently posted..Top Three Favorite Frozen Entrees

9 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun May 10, 2011 at 2:46 pm

That salad sounds amazing! I never think to do things like that to salad. I always keep things so simple.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Stop Fat Talk

10 Alaina May 10, 2011 at 2:57 pm

It’s amazing how many generous people there are out there with such big hearts!

And I love that salad! It looks so refreshing.

11 Amanda @ Eating Up May 10, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I love salads in the summer. The key is fun toppings!
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Gooey Butter Cookies

12 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me May 10, 2011 at 3:05 pm

That salad looks/sounds so good!! I love pineapple. So jealous of all that fresh produce you got goin on!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..A-OK

13 Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 10, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I always crave peanut or almond butter! Nothing can satisfy the hunger beast for those ๐Ÿ™‚
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..A Change of Plans Adds A New Perspective

14 Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles May 10, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I’ve been on a pineapple kick too…But the one I cut open this morning wasn’t quite ripe enough ๐Ÿ™ Boo hoo.

15 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 10, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I definitely have cravings that won’t quit! Right now I’m craving chocolate so I add cocoa powder to almost everything, smoothies, oatmeal, cereal etc

Certainly nothing wrong with some salad cravings! I’m so glad that the baby shower is going so well! ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 10, 2011 at 4:01 pm

mmmm I LOVE summer salads. BEst food ever. I like your bbq idea too!

17 Julia May 10, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I’m so excited to see the items donated! I was at a warehouse as a volunteer this morning and baby items are still VERY much needed. This was such a great idea!

18 Gina @Runningtothekitchen May 10, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Love a ton of toppings on salads. And now I want a corn muffin!

19 Cara May 10, 2011 at 4:46 pm

WOW that is awesome! I am so glad so many people are willing to help out!

Your salad looks delicious! I love BBQ sauce and pineapple!

20 Lauren May 10, 2011 at 5:27 pm

So glad to see the outpouring of support for Blogger Baby Shower! What a wonderful community.
Lauren recently posted..Run in the New Year

21 Alexa @ Simple Eats May 10, 2011 at 5:33 pm

That combo sounds amazing! I never really put fruit in my salad, but I bet pineapple with BBQ sauce is delicious!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Chocolate and Peanut Butter

22 Stephanie @ StephSnacks May 10, 2011 at 5:51 pm

That salad looks soooo good–the corn bread is really what sold me!

23 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 10, 2011 at 6:05 pm

I always crave nut butters. Even saying that word has me reaching for a jar!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..OC Half Marathon

24 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out May 10, 2011 at 9:08 pm

The salad looks great!!

And yay for supporting Bama! You guys ROCK!
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Pity Party Day

25 Hilary May 10, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Must be salad season! I realized tonight as I was making lunch for tomorrow that I’ve inadvertently packed salads three days in a row! And BBQ sauce and corn muffin?!? Genious!
Hilary recently posted..This is what you eat

26 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 10, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I love fresh fruit in my salads, but never tried pineapple before. I’ll need to give that a go!

27 Bri May 11, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Wow, that salad looks AMAZING!! I will be giving that a try for sure.