A Morning Workout

by Meghann on May 6, 2011

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

I’m on my way to Disney to spend the day with my Sister for her 24th birthday (it’s on Sunday!)

CIMG0214.JPG

(photo from her 21st birthday. man, time flies!)

But, before I go I wanted to share an awesome gym workout I had this morning.

Cardio:

I discovered this little treadmill workout from Tina’s Blog.

It’s called the 5-4-3-2-1 Treadmill Work Out.

• 5 mins @ 6.0
  • 4 mins @ 6.5
  • 3 mins @ 7.0
  • 2 mins @ 7.5
  • 1 min @ 8.0

I repeated it twice. Once at 1.0 incline. Again at 2.0

Total time: 30 mins.

Strength

I developed my own arm routine today

• Bicep Dumbbell Curls – 12 lbs – 10 reps – 3 sets
  • Overhead Dumbbell Press – 15 lbs – 12 reps – 3 sets
  • Overhead Tricep Extension – 20 lbs (single dumbbell) – 12 reps – 3 sets
  • Single Arm Dumbbell Bent Over Row – 15 lbs – 12 reps – 3 sets
  • Chest Fly – 15 lbs – 12 reps – 3 sets
  • Cable Lat Pulldown – 4 (weight?) – 12 reps – 3 set

I didn’t have time to do much, but it was enough to squeeze in a 15 minute routine. πŸ™‚

Breakfast

Cereal bowl full of Kashi

• 1 cup Kashi H2H
  • 1/3 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • 1/3 cup Kashi Goddess Grains < – new?
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries

I <3 Berries!

Off to Disney!

Happy (Early) Birthday Kelly!!

1 Dori May 6, 2011 at 8:48 am

Happy birthday to Kelly! Have fun today. Great foto of you both!
Dori recently posted..Texgate lol 2011- The Aftermath

2 Freya May 6, 2011 at 8:48 am

Oh I love how simple that workout is to remember! I’ve seen sooo many treadmill workouts that seem sooo complicated – but that is doable!
Have a good time πŸ™‚
Freya recently posted..Takin’ it easy

3 Freya May 6, 2011 at 8:49 am

Two ‘sooo’s’ in one comment? Oh dear :/
Freya recently posted..Takin’ it easy

4 Kara May 6, 2011 at 8:49 am

I love that treadmill workout! I do something similar, except I increase the incline as the speed increases…because I love to punish my legs πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Flashback Friday- Honeymoon edition

5 Hope May 6, 2011 at 8:50 am

Happy Birthday to your sister! Have an awesome time in Disney World! I’m so jealous! πŸ™‚ I’m actually going to be getting married in Disney! I cannot wait! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Sliders…

6 Samantha Angela May 6, 2011 at 8:50 am

Great workout!
Have fun at Disney today!!
Do you guys have like a membership there or something? It seems like you go there pretty often.

7 Meghann May 6, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I have a seasonal pass, which is like an annual pass only there are black out dates πŸ™‚

8 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 6, 2011 at 8:54 am

I like the looks of that treadmill workout!

Have fun at Disney!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

9 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 6, 2011 at 9:12 am

I think that’s a great quick workout! I’m so jealous that you’re getting to spend the day at Disney! have fun and happy early birthday for your sister! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..April Goal Check-In

10 Toronto Girl West May 6, 2011 at 9:21 am

A Happy Early Birthday to Kelly!!!!!! πŸ™‚

Hope you two have a blasty with the mouse and friends!!!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Life Lessons the Portland Japanese Garden

11 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 6, 2011 at 9:24 am

oh what a fun way to spend her birthday πŸ™‚ Have fun

love that workout as well πŸ™‚

12 Mac May 6, 2011 at 9:48 am

Enjoy Disney! I can’t wait to go there sometime!
Mac recently posted..Burrito Lasagna

13 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun May 6, 2011 at 10:11 am

Have a great time at Disney!!! I love Disney and am always so jealous when you go.

Also, glad you liked that cardio workout. It makes time fly to me! I was so glad to find it from Iowa Girl Eats and adapt it with the extra incline. Fun and tough.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..My Ideal Day

14 Shannon May 6, 2011 at 10:22 am

Have fun! Disney is the best
Shannon recently posted..Very Hot Run

15 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me May 6, 2011 at 10:24 am

Yay what fun! I love Disney!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Unexpected Turn of Events

16 Alaina May 6, 2011 at 10:34 am

Have a great time at Disney!!

I love that 5-4-3-2-1 cardio! I’ll have to try that the next time I’m at the gym. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..GBCA Trade Show 2011

17 Biz May 6, 2011 at 10:43 am

Have fun Meghann – happy early birthday to Kelly! πŸ˜€

18 Kacy May 6, 2011 at 11:24 am

Happy Birthday to Kelly.
That treadmill workout sounds great. I have to distract myself on the treadmill or I hate it. Gonna keep that one in mind!
Kacy recently posted..Cake Theory

19 Allison @ PickyEatingRD May 6, 2011 at 11:51 am

Happy Early Birthday!!! I love Disney and am soooooo envious you guys get to go there anytime!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..100 Benefits 3 Drawbacks

20 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 6, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I’m all for quickie arm routines. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy Disney. It might be one of my favorite places in the world! πŸ˜‰ I ran in the Disney marathon and it was absolutely perfect!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Sometimes Healthy Catching Some Z’s

21 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 6, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Happy early birthday Kelly! I’d definitely go to Disney for my birthday, since everyone is forced to treat me like a princess πŸ˜‰ I LOVE the 5-4-3-2-1 workout. It seems easy, but it really makes you work!

22 Amy @ Conquering Self May 6, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I like the treadmill workout…totally going to try it out!!
A day at Disney sounds so fun! Happy birthday to your sis!!
Amy @ Conquering Self recently posted..Spoiled Sweet

23 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 6, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Happy Birthday to Kelly! Your workout sounds awesome! πŸ˜€
Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes recently posted..Supporting YOU!

24 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 6, 2011 at 1:29 pm

That treadmill workout sounds so hard! I’ll have to try it sometime πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..OC Half Marathon

25 Katie May 6, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Meghann, I met you in Nashville during the race. I was the “No Meat Athlete” that you took a picture of and posted on your blog. I am trying to start up my own blog and I was wondering if I could use that picture you took of me during the race because I love it! Do you mind???

oh… and Happy Birthday Kelly!! πŸ™‚

26 Meghann May 6, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Hi Katie! Feel free to use the photo! Looking forward to reading your blog!!!

27 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 6, 2011 at 2:26 pm

that treadmill workout seems fab! and those berries looks DELISH!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

28 Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East May 6, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Have a fabulous time at disney! Such a fun way to celebrate a birthday! Happy Birthday to Kelly!
Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East recently posted..Party in my mouth

29 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 6, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Happy Birthday to Kelly! Hope you are having fun at Disney!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Book Review- Carrots &8216N&8217 Cake

30 Ellie @ The Mommyist May 6, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Have fun at Disney!
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Rhododendron Garden

31 Sarah K May 6, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Happy early Birthday Kelly! I wish I could go to Disney World for my Bday.
Sarah K recently posted..Doctor Who meets James Bond

32 Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted May 6, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Those berries look so good! I have strawberries in the fridge but blueberries are still too expensive up here in the North πŸ™‚
Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted recently posted..Peaceful Friday

33 Courtney May 6, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Have fun today! And wish Kelly a happy birthday! πŸ˜€
Courtney recently posted..Free Time

34 Amy May 6, 2011 at 5:59 pm

That treadmill workout sounds HARD! Way to go. I’ll have to give it a try (though I’m much slower than you are! :))
Amy recently posted..pretzel

35 Emma (Namaste Everyday) May 6, 2011 at 9:37 pm

what a perfect way to start the day! I’ve never seen that workout before on her blog, but I’m so glad you shared it! Looks like the perfect, quick rainy day sesh.
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Glacier Country