Low Key Night

by Meghann on May 4, 2011

Sooo sleepy….

Derek is already comfy in bed and I’m t-minus 15 minutes away from joining him.

But, first…

Afternoon snack

Drink

Dinner

I have a soft spot for chicken tenders. They’re an old favorite that I could easily enjoy every day and not get tired of them.

I like to bread mine with wheat bran and whole wheat flour then bake at 415 for 12 minutes. They are delicious and keep the digestive system happy.

Fresh corn off the cob served on the side (anyone else not a fan of eating the corn actually off the cob?)

Sauteed Kale with onions (which Derek totally turned down. how. rude.)

mmmmm…..

ice cream for dessert

The comfy bed awaits!

Good Night!

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 4, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I’m surprisingly upbeat and awake for nto getting much sleep last night! I hope you have a nice relaxing night!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..realist ravioli

2 The Teenage Taste May 4, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Low key nights are the best. Plus there is nothing better than some good ol’ fashioned comfort food. Mmmmm…that ice cream is calling my name! It’s a good thing I don’t have any in the house. πŸ˜‰
The Teenage Taste recently posted..Triple Chocolate Nutella Cookies

3 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out May 4, 2011 at 9:06 pm

My husband won’t eat kale or spinach. Oh well, their loss.
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Normalcy! Well- as normal as we can be

4 Vanessa May 4, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I need to try kale that way. I haven’t had it since a little burning incident with some kale chips. oops! πŸ˜‰
Vanessa recently posted..I Heart Mickey And Marshmallows

5 Sasha May 4, 2011 at 9:07 pm

How do you get the corn off the cob? My bf doesn’t like it straight off the cob either. Did you boil it?

6 Meghann May 5, 2011 at 6:59 am

I shave it off with a knife.

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 4, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I love corn on the cob — I prefer it that way over eating it with a spoon/fork.

Good night!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

8 Amy May 4, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I love fresh corn, on or off the cob! πŸ™‚

I need to try more kale dishes…i had an amaaaazing kale salad at whole foods last weekend, with dried cranberries and walnuts! Omg it was so good. I havent been brave enough to cook with it at home!
Amy recently posted..hmph

9 Running Girl May 4, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Love pretzels with mustard. Yum!
Running Girl recently posted..Ooh La La

10 erica May 4, 2011 at 9:22 pm

i love eating corn on the cob! … i like corn in general!

11 abby May 4, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I love corn off the cob! People think I’m weird, but that way it doesn’t need salt or butter! So tasty.

12 Renee May 4, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I’m from Iowa, it might be illegal to not eat it on the cob πŸ˜‰ jk. Either way, fresh corn is A-MAZING! πŸ™‚

I always want to try the pretzel mustard combo, it looks so good in your pictures … new challenge awaits..

and thanks to you, I was inspired to sign up for my first 6 wk yoga session.. and tonight was the first class… so amazing, thank you so much πŸ™‚

13 Kacy May 4, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Haha, if Derek was eating kale I’d be worried. Definitely not a guy food. Plus, that means more for you!
Kacy recently posted..Fact-Speculation

14 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 4, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I have some mango green tea in the fridge! It’s not the same brand (it’s a local one from Santa Cruz) – it’s so refreshing!

15 Rebecca @ How tge Cookies Crumble May 4, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I like to cut my corn off the cob too but it’s so much better fresh!! Yum! I

16 Hilary May 4, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Derek’s totally missing out on the kale! Chicken tenders + ice cream….sounds like a perfect comfort food supper to me!
Hilary recently posted..Recipe Remix

17 Lindsey@ Textbooks and Cookbooks May 4, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I don’t like eating corn on the actual cob either! I’m not sure why, but I think it has something to do with the strings on the corn and the mess factor. Glad I’m not alone πŸ™‚
Lindsey@ Textbooks and Cookbooks recently posted..End of the semester

18 Michelle May 4, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I’m so sleepy too but I must stay up to watch Survivor…. *yawn*
Michelle recently posted..Our Move to Germany

19 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 4, 2011 at 10:13 pm

mmm I love that you have fresh corn on the side and BBQ sauce goes with everything!

Hope you get a lovely night’s sleep! πŸ™‚

20 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat May 4, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I’m the same way about corn on the cob–I swear it tastes better when you cut it off!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Who Loves Going to the Dentist

21 Lindsey May 4, 2011 at 10:37 pm

I love homemade chicken fingers – I just made them the other night too. They are such a yummy comfort food for me!
Lindsey recently posted..Ravenous

22 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 4, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I actually prefer eating corn on the cob πŸ™‚

23 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me May 4, 2011 at 10:48 pm

omg I love chicken fingers too. I can’t get enough. but they’re soooo good when made at home. The fast food version is so nasty.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Bad Egg Rolls &amp a Wedding Update

24 Fit Chick Britt May 4, 2011 at 11:45 pm

That is rude! I love sauteed kale and onions. lol. I prefer my corn on the cob as well.
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..May Challenge- JM RIT

25 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife May 4, 2011 at 11:50 pm

That is a good idea–coating chicken fingers in wheat bran…I might try ground flax seed πŸ™‚ G-night!

26 Alaina May 5, 2011 at 12:03 am

Sometimes eating corn off the cob is fun, but for the most part, I’ll scrap it off. πŸ™‚

Hmm..chicken tenders. With BBQ sauce!
Alaina recently posted..GBCA Trade Show 2011

27 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 5, 2011 at 12:19 am

Oh yea, my boyfriend would definitely turn down that kale! Too green and alien for his liking πŸ˜‰ But he’d totally scarf down the chicken tenders!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Nature’s Butter

28 Khushboo May 5, 2011 at 1:31 am

I’m with you about eating corn OFF the cob…otherwise it gets so messy and stuck in your teeth- bleh!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

29 Crystal May 5, 2011 at 5:38 am

How could he turn down the kale??? Oh well more for you πŸ™‚ Looks yummy!

30 Emma (Namaste Everyday) May 5, 2011 at 5:45 am

I LOVE corn on the cob….off the cob!!!!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Glacier Country

31 Hope May 5, 2011 at 8:12 am

Those chicken tenders look really good! I’ve never had sauteed kale. I definitely need to try doing that! I like roasting kale so I’m sure I’ll like it sauteed too. πŸ™‚ I always take my corn of the cob! It’s so much easier to eat it that way!
Hope recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Sliders…

32 Katherine: Unemployed May 5, 2011 at 3:01 pm

for a low key night, the serve-ware looks upscale
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Rhea