Cabin Bootcamp

by Meghann on April 29, 2011

Good Morning!

Is the sun shining where you are? It is here!

And – check this out – temps in the 50s! I swoon.

Now, if only I was on a safe road to run on – I would be all over that.

Instead I grabbed a towel and headed outside for a makeshift bootcamp on the porch.

Repeat 3 times:

• 2 min Jumping Jacks
  • 2 min High Knees
  • 2 min Butt Kicks
  • 2 Sets on lunges across the porch (1 on right leg, 1 on left)
  • 25 Crunches
  • 10 Push Ups
  • 30 sec Plank
  • 25 Frog Crunches
  • 25 Toe Touches on back

When you’re traveling you have to work with what you’ve got and bootcamp style workouts are a great way to keep in shape. Plus, after being in a car all day yesterday, it was nice to get outside and do something.

We pulled out the left over picnic supplies from yesterday for breakfast.

Bagels were BOGO at Publix last week and when I saw them I told Ashley and Ben that they would be great for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner while traveling.

We’ll probably be sick of them by the end of the weekend, but the bagels really have been great for the road trip. Just add peanut butter, apple butter, and strawberries and you’ve got yourself a meal.

No complaints here. 🙂

Did you watch the Royal Wedding this morning?

I didn’t wake up at 4:00am to see it live, but I’ve been catching snippets of it all morning. I thought Kate Middleton was GORGEOUS in her dress and they look so happy together.

wedding6_1883751b.jpg

(source)

I also love that the world can come together to celebrate such a happy occasion. We need more happiness in this world. 🙂

1 Shannon April 29, 2011 at 9:14 am

Kate looks gorgeous! I didn’t watch the wedding either but I was excited to see Kate’s dress when I woke up
Shannon recently posted..Upcoming Week

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 29, 2011 at 9:15 am

Yep, I watched it at the gym! Loved Kate’s dress and everyone looked so elegant. All of your cabin photos are making me want to go camping – and I’m SO not a camper! Have fun today!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Easter Recipe Roundup

3 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 29, 2011 at 9:15 am

What a great bootcamp workout!

I think her dress is gorgeous perfect for the occassion, it’s true a little happiness would help the world although its funny that this is what brings us happiness! 🙂

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 29, 2011 at 9:18 am

I totally watched the wedding. I watched from about 5:45 – 7:30 while running on the treadmill at the gym.
I loved her dress but was underwhelmed by the bouquet.

5 Hope April 29, 2011 at 9:19 am

I watched the wedding too! I thought Kate was absolutely stunning! I loved the dress and tiara! 🙂
Hope recently posted..Forgetful Hope…

6 Rachel April 29, 2011 at 9:23 am

Am I the only one that cringes at the word bootcamp? It’s not a dig on you, I promise! To me, you just did exercises on the patio. There was nothing “bootcamp” about it.

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 29, 2011 at 9:23 am

I think Kate is so beautiful and her dress was beyond gorgeous. I just loved it. I only watched a little bit of the procession though — there was no way I was getting up super early to watch the ceremony.

I love the idea of your bootcamp — sounds like a great workout!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

8 Freya April 29, 2011 at 9:27 am

I watched it 🙂 She didn’t get out of the car til 11am here so it was no fuss 😛 She was UBER stunning!
Freya recently posted..The Best Bit

9 Courtney April 29, 2011 at 9:34 am

What a beautiful dress! I love how it’s modern and stylish, yet still classic and conservative enough for such a BIG occasion. 🙂
Courtney recently posted..Shopping!

10 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 29, 2011 at 9:43 am

Very nice boot-camp workout.

Kate Middleton is really pretty…and dare I say it….totally out of Williams league on the looks front. Lucky guy!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Oh How The Tastes Have Changed

11 Ashley April 29, 2011 at 9:44 am

I keep catching snippets of the wedding on blogs, and I am in love with her dress.

12 Grace April 29, 2011 at 10:05 am

I missed the vows, I tuned it right as he pronounced them husband and wife. That is what I get for sleeping through my alarm! She looked absolutely stunning though! I’m gonna have to watch the vows and the kiss very soon! Agreed on the happiness bit!
Grace recently posted..Easter Basket Blues

13 Beth @ DiningAndDishing April 29, 2011 at 10:54 am

Just loving the Royal Wedding :). But since I knew there would be non stop loops of it all day, I definitely didn’t wake up early either!
Beth @ DiningAndDishing recently posted..Can’t Look Away

14 Halley (Blunder Construction) April 29, 2011 at 11:14 am

That looks like such a relaxing place to be! I can’t wait to get into the wilderness and go camping this summer. And, I like your take on the wedding hoopla. I tend to be more of a cynic and think the world uses this as an excuse to ignore what’s really going on. But, it’s true, we need more happiness wherever we can get it.
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Signs of Spring

15 Chelsea April 29, 2011 at 11:27 am

What a great workout! How lovely it must have been to workout in the wonderful lush mountains. I loved the wedding so much I am watching it again right now! She is so lovely and they look so happy together!
Chelsea recently posted..Thai Wraps and Sticky Rice

16 Katy (The Singing Runner) April 29, 2011 at 11:56 am

Cute place!

I definitely did not watch the Royal Wedding… I’m sure I will catch it on Youtube or something. 😉
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Here- There and Everywhere

17 Courtney April 29, 2011 at 11:58 am

Yummy breakfast! By the way, what are frog crunches?

18 Biz April 29, 2011 at 12:01 pm

We vacationed in Tennessee a couple years ago – the narrow roads on the mountains were so scary, I had to look down while my husband was driving!

Have fun! 😀

19 Kacy April 29, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I could bagels for breakfast, lunch and dinner any day 🙂
Kacy recently posted..Music and Sunshine

20 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 29, 2011 at 1:14 pm

That cabin looks wonderful.

I agree that Kate Middleton’s wedding dress was beautiful – but I think her older sister’s dress stole the show.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..I blame the wedding

21 Alaina April 29, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I definitely watched the wedding. Kate was stunning; she reminded me of Grace Kelly. 🙂
Alaina recently posted..Quinoa Stir Fry

22 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 29, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I didn’t love the dress at first but now it’s growing on me… very elegant and timeless.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Successes and Failures

23 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 29, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Way to be resourceful and workout on the road! I agree, great to have some happy news in the world these days. Your bagel looks yummy 🙂
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Food Prep for the Royal Wedding…Viewing Party

24 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) April 29, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Love cabins like that!!

I would be the one to totally stock up on the BOGO offers and then overdose on them!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..A Dilemma

25 Kate@fittingintothewindycity April 29, 2011 at 2:34 pm

it is FINALLY sunny here in Chicago after 6 days of rain!
Kate@fittingintothewindycity recently posted..book clubbin’

26 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 29, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I didn’t watch it- but she did look stunning in her dress.

Love bagels and bootcamp 🙂

27 Christine @ Burning It Off April 29, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I loved her whole look… so classic and elegant. I didn’t watch it live but I’ve been checking out pics all day.
Christine @ Burning It Off recently posted..Got my hair did…

28 Amy April 29, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I love that you always create bootcamp practically every where you go!
Amy recently posted..My Friday ‘Loves’

29 Megan @ On the Road Again April 29, 2011 at 5:27 pm

That cabin looks utterly amazing. So cozy and peaceful!

30 Christine April 29, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I like your comment about needing more happiness in the world. Part of me has been thinking it’s a tad silly, but you’re totally right. Plus, her dresses were amazing and it allowed me to give my students a random 30 second lesson on monarchy, government, and time zones 🙂
Christine recently posted..Audiobooks for Running- not Reading

31 Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 29, 2011 at 11:13 pm

thanks for the boot camp tips! I struggle with keeping up my fitness while on the road, and I just got back from a 2 week trip so I need to whip my bum back into shape!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Glacier Country

32 RunningOnCoffee April 29, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Nice job! While in FL last week (away from my spinning & boot camp classes at my gym) I tried to fit in some crunches, pushups, tricep dips, planks on most days to supplement my running.
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Grumpy Speed Work