Here We Go!

by Meghann on April 28, 2011

T-minus 20 minutes until we’re on our way to Nashville.

My bag is packed.

My computer is charged.

My brain is caffeinated.

My belly is full.

Breakfast wasn’t pretty, but it did the job. πŸ™‚

Mornings like these are when the travel packets of oatmeal come in handy.

Only I added WAY too much water and almost ruined it. The strawberries and spoonful of peanut butter helped set it right, but it was still too runny for my taste. I like my oatmeal thick, not like soup.

TIme for my first 9 hour road trip minus the parents.

Here we go!

Screen shot 2011-04-28 at 7.43.38 AM.png

Fun Fact: I’ve only ever driven a car in Georgia and Florida. I have a feeling this is going to change today. πŸ™‚

1 Ally (oatsandspice) April 28, 2011 at 7:49 am

I have alwayssss wanted to go to Nashville! Have a safe trip girly!
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Baked… Not Fried

2 Stacy April 28, 2011 at 7:54 am

Be careful in your travels. We have had horrific weather over the last 24 hours here in Alabama.

3 Summer April 28, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I was just about to say the same thing! I know you won’t be driving through our state, but Georgia was hit, too, so be safe and beware some roads might be closed.

4 Hilary April 28, 2011 at 7:55 am

I’m with you….soup-y oats aren’t my favourite.
Happy road-tripping!
Hilary recently posted..It ain’t always pretty

5 Courtney April 28, 2011 at 7:57 am

Soup-y oats! Yum πŸ˜‰

6 Courtney Smith April 28, 2011 at 8:00 am

Be careful with all of the tornadoes!! My brother just got hit hard in Knoxville.
Courtney Smith recently posted..Virginia Job Interview

7 Alicia at Poise in Parma April 28, 2011 at 8:03 am

At least you have travel buddies – those long car trips are not quite as fun when you are by yourself. Safe travels to you today!
Alicia at Poise in Parma recently posted..GIVEAWAY- Taste of Seven Hills

8 michelle April 28, 2011 at 8:04 am

I’ve been to Nashville once. Have fun!
michelle recently posted..Playing Catch Up

9 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 28, 2011 at 8:07 am

Safe travels Meghann!! I hope you have a good drive and I’m excited to hear about your adventures when you get there!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Easter Recipe Roundup

10 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign April 28, 2011 at 8:14 am

Pumpkin chocolate?! Yum! Where did you find that oatmeal?!
I like my oatmeal to be thick, too–I’ve been known to throw it in the trash and start over if mine gets too runny.
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Sister Date

11 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 28, 2011 at 8:15 am

You’ve only ever driven in Georgia and Florida? Oh honey you are seriously due for a road trip!

12 Hope April 28, 2011 at 8:42 am

I’ve always wanted to see Nashville! It seems like such a fun place to travel to! Have fun! πŸ™‚ Be really careful driving. There are supposed to be really bad storms today!
Hope recently posted..Forgetful Hope…

13 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life April 28, 2011 at 8:52 am

Safe travels and have fun!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Vegan- Her Story

14 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 28, 2011 at 8:58 am

I actually like long road trips — we used to take them when I was a kid (for vacations and such) and every once in a while Jason and I will take a long-ish trip (4-6 hours of driving one way).

Have fun!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

15 Marisa E April 28, 2011 at 9:36 am

Have a fun and safe trip!!

16 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 28, 2011 at 9:53 am

wow I wouldn’t have thought the trip would take that long!

have an awesome car ride, I’m sure you’ll find ways to make it fun πŸ™‚

17 Alaina April 28, 2011 at 9:53 am

Have a good road trip! And be careful!! πŸ™‚

I love taking road trips with my husband. I love watching the changing scenery.
Alaina recently posted..Quinoa Stir Fry

18 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 28, 2011 at 9:55 am

Enjoy Nashville! And I thought your oatmeal looked delish. Better than mine normally does hehe
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Grill It! With Sometimes Healthy Girl

19 Steph @321delish April 28, 2011 at 9:56 am

Good luck on your drive! When I was in college, I road tripped from Chicago to Nashville to pick up my best friend, then we drove together to Miami, Florida (and then back). It was an AWESOME trip, but I remember we took a different way back to Nashville through Georgia that wasn’t all that exciting…We passed the time though by reading chapters of “He’s Just Not That Into You” out loud to each other:-)

20 colleen April 28, 2011 at 10:13 am

Have safe travels and be mindful of the weather – that area has been seeing some very nasty storms.

21 Little Bookworm April 28, 2011 at 10:19 am

Good luck with the road trip!
Little Bookworm recently posted..Making a Pretty Picture

22 Ellie @ The Mommyist April 28, 2011 at 10:21 am

Safe travels. I hope you brought lots of snacks!
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Easter

23 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 28, 2011 at 10:43 am

Have a fun trip! Be careful. lots of bad storms along the east coast right now!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..A Night of Worry

24 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com April 28, 2011 at 10:59 am

All this road trip needs is good music and open windows πŸ™‚ Safe travels!
Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com recently posted..On writing Part 3

25 Shannon April 28, 2011 at 11:02 am

Have fun! Try to enjoy the drive!
Shannon recently posted..Upcoming Week

26 Lee April 28, 2011 at 11:25 am

Stop for lunch in Atlanta! We have great restaurants here.
Lee recently posted..The Three H’s

27 Ashley April 28, 2011 at 11:47 am

But you travel so much! I’m surprised you’ve only driven in Georgia and Florida. Have a safe trip!

28 Meghann April 28, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Yeah, public transportation and rental cars that aren’t in my name usually prevent it. πŸ™‚

29 Jordan April 28, 2011 at 11:47 am

Traffic is gonna be slow through Ringgold, GA at exit 348. You’ll be able to see the major tornado damage. πŸ™ Be careful!

30 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 28, 2011 at 11:57 am

Pumpkin chocolate oatmeal sounds amazing!

I just realized that I’ve only driven a car in two states too. I hate driving, haha!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

31 Nacho Lindsay April 28, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Good luck on your drive! Nacho Jonny & I just drove from Arizona to Iowa together…….
Nacho Lindsay recently posted..El Pinto New Mexican Restaurant- Albuquerque NM

32 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 28, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Be careful! Have a safe trip-why are you headed there, anyways? Have fun!!

33 Meghann April 28, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I’m spectating for my Sister and Brother at their marathon this weekend

34 Emily@SavoryandSavage April 28, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Have a safe trip.

Road trips are fun!

35 Halley (Blunder Construction) April 28, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I throw a tsp of chia seeds when I overdo the water. Hope you have a safe trip!

36 River April 28, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Oooh exciting! Have an awesome drive!
River recently posted..Book Review – City of Fallen Angels – Cassandra Clare

37 RunningOnCoffee April 28, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I drove a very small portion of that route last week! On Saturday we drove from Melbourne, FL (my in-laws) up 95 to Fayetteville, NC (~9.5 hours). Leg 2 of the trip was NC back home to NJ on Sunday (shoulda been 10 hours, was more like 12 on Easter Sunday).

Just be glad you don’t need to drive through the DC area πŸ™‚ Although I’m sure Atlanta has lots of traffic too.

PS, I like thick oatmeal too.
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Grumpy Speed Work