Sister Time

by Meghann on April 27, 2011

Good Morning!

Not going to lie, it was hard getting out of bed this morning. My sister and I were in sleepover mode last night and stayed up late catching up on the latest episodes of Biggest Loser and 16 and Pregnant.

It was nice watching those shows with someone who actually wanted to watch it and not just make fun of me the whole time. Boys just don’t understand good trashy tv when they see it. πŸ™‚

We did both manage to pull ourselves out of the bed at 7:00 and took Oliver and Sadie for a mile run.

Let me tell you, taking two 40 lb dogs for a run is a LOT different than taking 12 lb Maddie.We had barely opened the door when Oliver took off after a cat and yanked the leash right out of my hand.

IMG_3925.jpg

Bad Oliver.

Their poop is also bigger. I now appreciate Maddie’s tiny poop more than ever. πŸ™‚

After the mile with the dogs we looped back to the house, dropped the dogs off, and headed out for an additional 2 miles. Kelly is tapering for her marathon on Saturday and my booty is sore from yesterday’s workout. The 3 miler was plenty.

While I was rinsing off in the shower, Kelly got to work making Chocolate Cherry Bomb Smoothies for breakfast.

IMG_3906.jpg

I’ve seen the Chocolate Cherry Bombs pop up several places, but I’ve never had the pleasure of enjoying one myself. I think it was just chocolate protein powder, frozen cherries, milk, and ice.

What -ever it was, it was amazing. It tasted exactly like a cherry chocolate milkshake. Yum!

I turned mine into a Smoothie In a Bowl with a serving of granola and almond butter.

I have lots on the agenda today before heading to my parents for the evening.

Busy, Busy Bee!

1 Kara April 27, 2011 at 9:55 am

I love that pic of Oliver, he looks like he’s apologizing for being bad.

You think running with a bigger dog is crazy? Try running with a dog AND a stroller, that’s when things get fun. πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday- Baby Style

2 chloe @ 321delish April 27, 2011 at 9:56 am

Sister Sleepovers are the BEST! There is nothing better than cuddling in bed, watching trashy TV, eating “fun food” and just gabbing with your lifelong best friend πŸ™‚

enjoy!

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 27, 2011 at 9:57 am

LOL I love your comment about the poop!! Sounds like you and your sister had a great time. My sister lives in England but whenever she comes to visit, we pretty much do the same thing as you two!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Easter Recipe Roundup

4 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 27, 2011 at 10:00 am

The dogs are so sweet. Oliver is giving you the “you’re telling them about my poop?” look.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

5 Emily@SavoryandSavage April 27, 2011 at 10:01 am

Lol, that sounds like my morning run with my dogs.

I usually just bring them on a 1-2 mile run and do the rest on my own. And the bathroom pit stops definitely slow you down.
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Fun can be measured in blurry photos

6 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 27, 2011 at 10:01 am

Mmm! That chocolate cherry smoothie sounds great. Enjoy your day! πŸ™‚

7 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 27, 2011 at 10:01 am

I wish I had a sister that I could throw sleepovers with! Instead, my boyfriend does the same thing as Derek, and then he begs me to watch Animal Planet πŸ˜›
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..What Schedule

8 Hope April 27, 2011 at 10:01 am

Sister time is the best! πŸ™‚ That chocolate cherry smoothie sounds so good! I think that would make the perfect breakfast! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Forgetful Hope…

9 Fit Chick Britt April 27, 2011 at 10:02 am

MMM that chocolate cherry bomb smoothie sounds deeelish. Did you just put the almond butter on top or blend it in?

10 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 27, 2011 at 10:14 am

Do you know what kind of chocolate protein powder?

I have yet to find a chocolate protein powder that doesn’t taste like ass.

11 Beth @ DiningAndDishing April 27, 2011 at 10:19 am

I love sister time :). Too bad my sister doesn’t appreciate trashy TV the way yours does – that is one thing we do not tend to enjoy together!
Beth @ DiningAndDishing recently posted..Fractured Prune

12 linz April 27, 2011 at 10:20 am

Whenever I walk a friend’s giant dog, it makes me appreciate my tiny, weak, small pooping dog. They really are less work!
linz recently posted..I miss my dog

13 Freya April 27, 2011 at 10:22 am

Sadie is GORGEOUS! What beautiful eyes!!
Freya recently posted..The Best Bit

14 Christina April 27, 2011 at 10:41 am

I’ve seen them pop up all over and I still haven’t made them either! Since it’s warming up here in NYC I’ll be making one very soon πŸ™‚

Eek smaller dogs are def better if only because you don’t have to pick up huge lumps of poop! My yorkie is small compact and perfecto! πŸ™‚

15 Michelle April 27, 2011 at 10:50 am

Anytime I have gone running with a dog it has been a challenge. I couldn’t imagine running with a big dog pulling on the leash!

16 Ashley April 27, 2011 at 11:04 am

Oliver is so adorable. Smaller dogs have to be better. They can’t drag you away.

17 Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) April 27, 2011 at 11:05 am

LOL @ appreciating tiny Maggie poos! So funny. πŸ™‚
Jenn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..My Bud The Spud

18 Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) April 27, 2011 at 11:05 am

Maddie* typo! Oops πŸ˜€
Jenn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..My Bud The Spud

19 grammar police April 27, 2011 at 11:15 am

“their” not “they’re”

20 Mel April 27, 2011 at 11:16 am

I have two big dogs and they are the best!! A lab and a boxer mix but yes they have large poop and lots of it. haha Did a mile run really wear them out?? My lab is a runner and we go three miles…and it is nothing for her. We get home and play ball, dog park, etc…never ending energy!! haha

21 Leslie April 27, 2011 at 11:16 am

I know the feeling, my husband always makes fun of American Idol, Biggest Loser and America’s Next Top Model.

My friend and I get together once a week to catch up on our reality TV shows, the boys BBQ outside, and we peacefully enjoy our shows inside :).

Otherwise I watch them when he isn’t home. Gotta love my DVR!
Leslie recently posted..No power- no problem

22 miranda @ working mom works out April 27, 2011 at 11:17 am

Yay for Sister Time. I cherish my time with both of my sisters so much. It’s limited now that we all have our own lives.

23 Hilary April 27, 2011 at 11:34 am

Looks GOOD…I LOVE sister time! πŸ™‚

24 Ellie @ The Mommyist April 27, 2011 at 11:54 am

Every time I see a Great Dane all I can think is “I’m glad I don’t have to clean up that poop.” I don’t have a dog but if I did it would be small.
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Easter

25 Alaina April 27, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I miss sleepovers. πŸ˜›

That smoothie sounds & looks great!
Alaina recently posted..Quinoa Stir Fry

26 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 27, 2011 at 12:18 pm

mmm That does look delish!

My pup is 65 pounds so I know what you mean by it being a whole different run! πŸ˜›
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Body Weight Exercise Strength Workout

27 Krystina (Organically Me) April 27, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Chocolate cherry smoothies are my FAVORITE. I keep forgetting to pick up frozen cherries.

28 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 27, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Hmmm I don’t think I’ve ever heard of the Chocolate Cherry Bomb. Sounds interesting. I would totally give it a try. You’re totally right about bigger dogs. They are a handful, but they’re so cuddly πŸ™‚ I know what you’re sayin about boys and reality tv. Why don’t they get it?!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Word Up Wednesday- Couch Monster and the Great Greek Yogurt Debate

29 Courtney April 27, 2011 at 2:02 pm

HAHAHA! I also love my dogs tiny poops!
Courtney recently posted..7 Miles &amp a Final

30 Katie G. April 27, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Sister sleepover are fun! My sister and I never end up sleeping (or stop talking) when we hang out together!
Chocolate Cherry Bomb smoothie sounds yummy! I need to get out the blender for smoothie season!
Katie G. recently posted..Triathlon Training

31 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 27, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I love having sisters that like staying and being fit with me πŸ™‚

32 sarah (sarah learns) April 27, 2011 at 2:46 pm

my fiance made fun of the biggest loser while we were watching last night too. they really don’t understand.
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..i feel the love

33 Meri April 27, 2011 at 2:50 pm

The boyfriend will sometimes keep me company while I watch America’s next top model, but he then complains about how stupid they are, and meanwhile I start blogging and forget to pay attention haha!
Sounds like your doggie running partner kept you movin!

34 Faith @ lovelyascharged April 27, 2011 at 4:35 pm

My dog is 65 pounds and she sure knows that she can pull me if she wants to! I’m desperately trying to train her to be more passive and obedient when we walk – I’m totally OVER chasing at her heels while she runs after a squirrel!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..I Survived!

35 Karolina April 27, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Guys definitely don’t understand good trashy reality TV:) Glad that you had someone to enjoy it with!

36 Rachel Wilkerson April 27, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Boys just have their own trashy TV…they judge ours but then they watch male-centric versions of the same trash and think it’s somehow better?! No. No, it’s not.
Rachel Wilkerson recently posted..The 1-3 Less Challenge- Less Shortcuts