more ยป" />

Punched

by Meghann on April 27, 2011

I’m not sure if this punched out card is a good thing or a bad thing.

On one hand I get a free frozen yogurt (yay!) on the other it means I ate a heck of a lot of Sweet! frozen yogurt in the last year. Actually – here’s the kicker – that’s one of TWO punched out Sweet! cards from my wallet. Clearly I have a frozen yogurt problem.

I’m coming to terms with that. ๐Ÿ™‚

Of course, we couldn’t let that perfectly good punch card go to waste. Could we?

The card was good for one small self serve frozen yogurt or a cupcake. With the crazy heat, I thought frozen yogurt sounded like the ideal afternoon snack.

I had a mix of my favorites (peanut butter, red velvet, coconut, and cake batter) with a plethora of yummy toppings.

The perfect cool down. ๐Ÿ™‚

However, my Dad didn’t catch the heat wave memo and had soup waiting for dinner when I got home.

My Dad snagged one of the ham bones from Easter dinner and only had soup on his mind. He made a batch of split pea soup and I took the liberty of adding tortilla chips to my serving.

It was hot, but that didn’t stop the soup from tasting good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now, Ashley and I have some work to do.

Good Night!

1 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 27, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Split pea soup sounds so good right now! Things just turned dark and dreary in CO ๐Ÿ™‚
Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing recently posted..Sloppy Joe Lentil Poser

2 River April 27, 2011 at 10:03 pm

All that fruit looks so amazing! I forgot to bring some to work today, and I’m extremely disappointed!
River recently posted..Book Review – City of Fallen Angels – Cassandra Clare

3 Christine April 27, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Fully punched cards are always a good thing, whether it fro-yo, coffee, sandwiches, or car washes!
Christine recently posted..Audiobooks for Running- not Reading

4 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 27, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I sometimes really like hot foods in the summertime. Same with coffee! I hardly drink any during the winter but I love it during the summer.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

5 Emily April 27, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I craved Tasti D-Lite (our equivalent here in NYC) all day every day when the temperature is above 55 degrees. It’s fine. I understand!
Emily recently posted..How to pose with a celebrity

6 Nicci (NiftyEats) April 27, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I vote it’s a great thing. Love froyo ๐Ÿ™‚
Nicci (NiftyEats) recently posted..Meet My New Running BFF!

7 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign April 27, 2011 at 10:27 pm

You with the fro-yo punch card is me with the Buckle store punch card…too many pairs of jeans! haha

Your frozen yogurt combo sounds delicious!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Sister Date

8 delia April 27, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Having a fully punched froyo card is most definitely a good thing!

9 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 27, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Mmmm red velvet froyo is the bomb! And I WISH that my froyo place had punch-out cards. I’d probably eat it way more if they did.
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..The Last Meal

10 Grace April 27, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I just went through my wallet today and my Sweet card isn’t full yet but I have a full Simply Frozen Yogurt card and an almost full Mix Frozen Yogurt card! Good luck with your sign making!
Grace recently posted..Easter Basket Blues

11 jodie April 27, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I love fro yo too girl. ๐Ÿ™‚
jodie recently posted..Calorie Blaster and Crunchless Abs

12 TheHungeredOne@MovingandMunching April 27, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Ooooh man, split pea soup is AMAZING, hot weather or not. Heck, just stick it in the frige and have cold, refreshing soup on a hot day ๐Ÿ˜€
TheHungeredOne@MovingandMunching recently posted..Books

13 Nikki April 27, 2011 at 10:56 pm

I have to comment on that punch card. I have a heart hole puncher just like that. While I never even heard of SWEET, couldn’t someone technically just punch the hearts in themselves? I am surprised this ice cream place doesn’t have their own stamp like at Rita’s Italian Ice.

14 Vanessa April 27, 2011 at 11:05 pm

I would love to have a bowl of steaming split pea soup in front of me right now! Instead, I will eat vicariously through you. =)
Vanessa recently posted..An Ode to the Goddess

15 Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl April 27, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Don’t we all have a frozen yogurt problem ๐Ÿ˜‰ I say anytime free and fro-yo are in the same sentence, it is most definitely a GREAT thing. Your combo looked delish ๐Ÿ™‚
Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl recently posted..Word Up Wednesday- Couch Monster and the Great Greek Yogurt Debate

16 Shannon April 27, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Looks amazing! I wish there was a fro-yo place near where I live
Shannon recently posted..Upcoming Week

17 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 27, 2011 at 11:59 pm

I wish my frozen yogurt place gave out those cards! I don’t go as frequently as I used to, but I’m sure I could work my way through one of those pretty fast ๐Ÿ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

18 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 28, 2011 at 12:17 am

I LOVE frozen yogurt too!!!

19 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 28, 2011 at 12:28 am

haha! yes punch cards are great evidence of addictions ๐Ÿ™‚

mmm you have me craving some pea soup now! ๐Ÿ™‚

20 Alaina April 28, 2011 at 12:29 am

That fro-yo is definitely make me crave some Red Mango. I love putting random and delicious toppings on mine.
Alaina recently posted..Quinoa Stir Fry

21 Jessica @ sushi and sit-ups April 28, 2011 at 6:36 am

Yay! Sweet! Another favorite of mine. I also love coming home to a homecooked meal that someone else prepares. That’s the great thing about visiting parents.
Jessica @ sushi and sit-ups recently posted..Ceviche Tapas Bar &amp Restaurant

22 Joy April 28, 2011 at 7:15 am

I think soup is year round fare…
When it’s super hot and I still wantto make it I put the crock pot on the back porch (I do the same with the bread machine – it’s a good thing my neighbors are my sister an her husband)
Joy recently posted..30 day challenge question 13

23 Beth @ DiningAndDishing April 28, 2011 at 8:04 am

I like to have a little treat every now and then during my lunch hour. In the winter it’s hot chocolate and in the summer fro yo! I haven’t made the switch yet but it’s definitely looking more tempting :).
Beth @ DiningAndDishing recently posted..Fractured Prune

24 Hope April 28, 2011 at 8:41 am

That frozen yogurt looks delicious! I love all of the toppings! I really want to try a self-serve frozen yogurt place! It looks so cool! Unfortunately, there are none near me.
Hope recently posted..Forgetful Hopeโ€ฆ

25 Stephanie April 28, 2011 at 10:46 am

A – I have that crock pot (making pulled pork for tonight!!!).

B – I totally stole the turkey bones and ham bone from Easter dinner for turkey stock and split pea soup!

26 Karolina April 28, 2011 at 2:48 pm

That Froyo looks absolutely delicious. I have nothing like that near my house, and if I did, I fear that I would camp out there all the time! Good luck staying cool in the sauna here:)
Karolina recently posted..Myths &amp Misconceptions of Grief &amp Loss Part 1