Heat Wave

by Meghann on April 27, 2011

Holy crap! it’s hot outside!

*side note* I promise I’m not naked.

Proof.

IMG_6203.jpg

All the tables at the Starbucks I’m currently camped out at are occupied. Which means I’ve been forced outside. In the heat. And sun.

I have an unsweetened Passion Fruit Tea to cool me down, but it’s not doing a great job.

Something tells me I’m not going to be working here much longer. Darn you Florida heat! I miss spring already. πŸ™

Before finding myself in a sweat lodge, I had a lovely lunch date with J of J’s Everyday Fashion.

We ate (in the AC) at Greens and Grille near Mall of Millennia.

It’s a build your own salad/ sandwich shop with an emphasis on fresh, organic veggies and meat.

I went the build your own salad route and was pleasantly surprised with the more than generous portion.

In the mix:

• Spring Greens
  • Roasted Beets
  • Caramelized Onions
  • Goat Cheese
  • Apple
  • Tomatoes
  • Grilled Turkey Breast

With a side of Olive Dressing and Multigrain Bread

Heavy on the greens. Heavy on the toppings. Heavy on the tastebuds. Yum.

It was a little pricey – I think my meal came to $10? – but the large portions and fresh food made up for it.

Plus, it was nice to catch up with a friend.

I need to scape this heat stat!

See ya!

1 Morgan @ Endorphaholic April 27, 2011 at 3:43 pm

I feel your pain on the heat! I went home (to Palm Springs) for the weekend and was dying in the 100+ degree weather. Even shorts and smoothies can’t conquer that!

2 Whitney @ My Life.My Heart. My Journey. April 27, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I love that Passion Fruit Tea!!! And please don’t complain about it being hot!!! I’m stuck in Missouri and it’s cold AND flooding! Boooo πŸ™ I need sunshine!
Whitney @ My Life.My Heart. My Journey. recently posted..Writing made easy with Writing Helper

3 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. April 27, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Send some of that heat up to Michigan! It’s just now really getting to be springlike weather – and that’s only temps in the 50s and 60s!
Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..april showers

4 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 27, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I’ll take some of that heat up here in MN!

That salad looks so delicious — $10 isn’t so bad if you get lots of food!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

5 Julia @http://takingitdaybydayinks.blogspot.com April 27, 2011 at 4:02 pm

OMG that is hilarious, J is one of my good friends from high school, I love that the world (including the blogging world) is so small!
Your salad for lunch looked delicious, I wish there was a salad place like that close to work for a midweek break!
Julia @http://takingitdaybydayinks.blogspot.com recently posted..Heres why today is awesome

6 Meghann April 27, 2011 at 9:37 pm

It is a small world πŸ™‚

7 Katy (The Singing Runner) April 27, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Ugh I feel you girl! I was outside Starbucks last week doing work (drinking the same drink too!) and it was H-O-T!!!!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..A Picture&8217s Worth A Thousand Words&8230

8 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 27, 2011 at 4:18 pm

It’s hot here too, but we’re having crazy weather! Cool one day, hot the next. I just want 75 degree weather every day πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

9 Hope April 27, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I love that Passion Tea from Starbucks! It’s very refreshing, not to mention a pretty color! πŸ™‚ It’s nice outside here today too! Unfortunately, we are supposed to get a really bad storm tonight! I hope the power doesn’t go out!
Hope recently posted..Forgetful Hope…

10 River April 27, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I wanna try the passion fruit tea!

Jealous of the heat. It’s not even 10 degrees here, and it’s only halfway through Autumn!!
River recently posted..Book Review – City of Fallen Angels – Cassandra Clare

11 Victoria April 27, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Love Greens and Grille – their salads are HUGE!

12 Grace April 27, 2011 at 5:08 pm

OH my goodness! I totally agree that it is too hot outside! i hit the pavement at 7:50 this morning and it was already steamy! I was drench after a measly 3 miles? I love Florida when every one else is complaining about snow but now they’re not and the heat is getting old quick!
Grace recently posted..Easter Basket Blues

13 Meghann April 27, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Same thing happened to us this morning. So. Hot.

14 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 27, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I wish it were really hot here…..at least it is sunny πŸ™‚

I love big salads–and yours sounds/looks fab!!

15 Alaina April 27, 2011 at 5:22 pm

It’s getting hot here in MA too. It went from too cold to too hot. Hopefully some bearable weather will be here soon.

That looks like my kind of salad! Without the tomatoes. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Quinoa Stir Fry

16 Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 27, 2011 at 5:58 pm

what a generous salad indeed!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Photos- plans and prawns

17 Emily@SavoryandSavage April 27, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Passion fruit tea sounds so refreshing.

That salad looks so good – I think I will make one for my dinner!
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Fun can be measured in blurry photos

18 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 27, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Oh man – looks like a scorcher. I feel spoiled here in NYC where it’s nice and comfy πŸ˜‰ Passion Fruit tea is a nice little help at least πŸ˜‰ I always love a build-your-own salad place!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Word Up Wednesday- Couch Monster and the Great Greek Yogurt Debate

19 Wymberley April 27, 2011 at 6:57 pm

It was 107* in Texas yesterday… Yuck to summer!

20 Hilary April 27, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Looks like a GREAT salad…and don’t complain about the heat…..I’m jealous!
Hilary recently posted..It ain’t always pretty

21 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 27, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I wish it was that hot here! It seems like us northerners have been cheated out of nice weather this spring! πŸ˜›

That salad looks great though!
Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin recently posted..New chocolate love

22 Lauren April 27, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Wow that salad looks incredible! Beets and Apples go so well in salads. Have a “cool” night girl. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Cast Your Vote- Show Me Your Bowl Candidates

23 McKayla (green groats) April 27, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Ohh. That salad looks delicious! I wish we had one of those salad shops in Maine!
McKayla (green groats) recently posted..Fit for royalty

24 Amy April 27, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I love the heat! The hotter the better — throw in some humidity and I am heaven! Seriously love it.
Amy recently posted..Wednesday Weigh In- Dieting

25 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 27, 2011 at 9:57 pm

ohh love the make your own restaurants! πŸ™‚

I wish we were having heat wave here it’s only 40! πŸ™

26 Lauren April 27, 2011 at 10:47 pm

I love how $10 is considered a pricey salad in florida. whenever my lunch comes to $10 here (I live in NYC), I’m like “sweet!”
Lauren recently posted..blame it on the sunshine