Cage Fitness

by Meghann on April 26, 2011

I had my booty handed to me tonight!

285371883.jpg

Well, that was pre-booty handing, but – Look! – hair that has been blow dried and real make up. That’s something you don’t see everyday! At least, not lately. πŸ™‚

Back to the booty handing.

It was called Cage Fitness and it hurt. A lot.

Mixed_Martial_Arts_Fitness_Training_logo.png

I discovered Cage Fitness through a GroupOn deal a few weeks ago and knew it would be the perfect fitness regiment for an upcoming episode of Meals and Miles. I was right. It. Was. Awesome.

Cage Fitness is a Martial Arts inspired fitness class that revolves around a 40 lb body bag. It’s 30 minutes of straight cardio, strength training, and pounding. This was probably the toughest class I’ve ever done on the show and I can’t wait to see the many faces I’m sure I made on film.

cage14.jpg

(source)

Want to learn more? Well, you’re just going to have to wait. The Cage Fitness episode will premiere next week on iZonOrlando.com

The drive to Orlando was quick and painless. I had a not-so-tasty Passion Fruit Honest Tea (that was sweetened with stevia) on the way and an Oikos with crumbled pumpkin bread before I left Tampa.

After filming wrapped I grabbed dinner at Hummus House and headed to my sister’s. She’s letting me crash here tonight and tomorrow we’re heading to my parents before departing to Nashville on Thursday.

Hummus House is local version of Pita Pit. Only better. Everything tastes fresher and you have a few more options.

I ordered the falafel pita with chipotle hummus and a side of tahini sauce.

Oh, yes – much better than Pita Pit. Loved the falafels. They’re made fresh in house and you can tell. They had a nice crunchy crust and a flavorful, doughy center.

Yum.

Kelly has crazy amounts of chocolate around the house. I found two pieces for dessert.

That class seriously wore me out. I’m exhausted! Time for bed!

Good Night!

1 Hannah (Running In Freedom) April 26, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Pita pit is the bomb.com for sure!
Hannah (Running In Freedom) recently posted..Happy Easter!

2 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm

mmmm I need to get some falafel in my life!

I can’t wait to see what Cage Fitness is like, I’ve heard about it! ohh fun! πŸ™‚

3 michelle April 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I used to eat at pita pit all the time after late bar nights during my university days. Good times.

4 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 26, 2011 at 10:31 pm

That class sounds super intense. I’m going to have to look into it!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

5 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 26, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Your hair looks so long!!

And glad you got a good workout! You’ll feel it tomorrow.

6 Chelsea April 26, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Sounds crazy..like professional wrestling! lol!! We have a pita pit here but I have yet to try it out! I wonder if I can get falafels like you did at Hummus House?!?!
Chelsea recently posted..May 2011 Wildtree Monthly Newsletter Big Debut!

7 Ellie @ The Mommyist April 26, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Eek, that class sounds scary. You’re brave, it sounds way to intese for me!
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Easter

8 Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 26, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Those chocolates look AMAZIN.

9 Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl April 26, 2011 at 10:47 pm

I can’t wait to hear about cage fitness. I love learning new workouts πŸ™‚
Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl recently posted..Runner’s Block in Gotham City and Sick Days

10 River April 26, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Yum, I love falafel! I had one recently though and it was pretty gross…very crumbly!
River recently posted..Book Review – City of Fallen Angels – Cassandra Clare

11 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 26, 2011 at 10:58 pm

OMG falafels and hummus are my 2 favorite things in this world :DDDD

Your hair looks awesome in that picture, too!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..What Schedule

12 Grace April 26, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Love the Hummus House, Pita Pit is a no go! They failed to mention the pita I order would be literally drenched in buffalo sauce and then wouldn’t make me anoher one when I literally could not eat the one they gave me=( I’ve written them off now! The falafels at Hummus House are awesome though and so is the hummus!
Grace recently posted..Easter Basket Blues

13 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 26, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I found some chocolate around my house too πŸ˜‰ that class looks crazy awesome-can’t wait to hear/see more about it!

14 Emily @ Comfortable Home Life April 26, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Ohhhhh I LOVE Pita Pit! I seriously need to get some pitas and make some of my own pita pit creations.
PS. Your hair looks fabulous!
Emily @ Comfortable Home Life recently posted..Vegan Zucchini Muffins

15 J April 26, 2011 at 11:07 pm

OMG I love Pita Pit! To the point where I will go out of my way to go there. There was one in the lobby of my friends’ dorm senior year, and we went there all.the.time. So I am jealous of this local version that you have!
J recently posted..A blast from the past

16 Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries April 26, 2011 at 11:16 pm

jeez, that fitness class looks super fun. I love a good workout like that where I leave feeling like a badass!

I miss Pita Pit! None in NYC but I remember those from FL, yum.
Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries recently posted..The Darkest Hour is Just Before Dawn

17 Ashley April 26, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I think that class would kill me. I can’t wait to see the new episode!
Is there a set schedule for Meals and Miles, or is it just when they can be made?

18 emily April 26, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Oooh, your hair looks pretty! You’re making it hard for me to keep convincing myself that blow drying is pointless πŸ™‚
emily recently posted..Marys- Monkeys- and Magnums

19 Alaina April 27, 2011 at 12:10 am

That class looks like so much fun! Like kickboxing on steroids. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Quinoa Stir Fry

20 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 27, 2011 at 12:59 am

I can’t wait to hear what class is all about! Sounds intense πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

21 Lauren April 27, 2011 at 6:52 am

Girl, you look GORGEOUS!!!!! I love that look on you! πŸ˜‰ Glad you made it safe and sound. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Cast Your Vote- Show Me Your Bowl Candidates

22 Jessica @ dalyauthenticity.blogspot.com April 27, 2011 at 7:06 am

I just was researching Cage Fitness! We have one in our area and I’d love to try it out! I heard it’s INTENSE!
Jessica @ dalyauthenticity.blogspot.com recently posted..Big Changes Coming…

23 Carly (Swim, Run, Om) April 27, 2011 at 7:34 am

Can I just say you look absolutely gorgeous in that picture? I didn’t realize your hair had gotten so long, but it looks fabulous!
Carly (Swim, Run, Om) recently posted..Food- My History

24 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun April 27, 2011 at 7:57 am

I don’t think I ever realized how long your hair is! Gorgeous!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..What I Have Learned About Blogging

25 Christine @ Burning It Off April 27, 2011 at 8:01 am

Sounds like an intense workout… from what I’ve heard, most martial arts based workouts are tough. I look forward to seeing the video.
Christine @ Burning It Off recently posted..A Little Post-Workout Nutrition Tip

26 Hope April 27, 2011 at 8:30 am

Your hair and makeup look beautiful! I love getting my hair and makeup done. πŸ™‚

That pita place looks awesome! I wish I had a place like that near me! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Forgetful Hope…

27 Laurie April 27, 2011 at 8:46 am

Your hair looks so awesome! So pretty! That Cage Fitness looks like a hard workout!

28 Silvina April 27, 2011 at 9:38 am

Well hello gorgeous! You look so nice when you’re dolled up πŸ™‚

29 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 27, 2011 at 9:46 am

Cage fitness is certainly interesting. The picture of that chick trying to look all bad-ass made me laugh. But she could probably whoop my butt…so yea. haha
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Spin and Soup

30 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run April 27, 2011 at 10:43 am

Dang girl. Smokin’ pic of you. New profile pic! πŸ™‚ I loooove Hummus House. I work right by one (is it a chain? I know one by UCF) and get it at least 2x a week. BEST salads ever. And the guacamole hummus? THE JAM.
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Missing Old Friends

31 Meghann April 27, 2011 at 10:57 am

there’s only one and it’s the one right by UCF. Same one I went to last night πŸ™‚

32 Cassidy Hogan April 27, 2011 at 10:50 am

I made homemade falafel sandwiches last week and they were way better than any I had ever had at a restaurant. Living in a NY I have tried my fair share. You should try them! Here is a link to the recipe via my blog. http://theframe.org/amodernheraldry/?p=161
Cassidy Hogan recently posted..Cranberry Orange Scones &amp Mini Melts

33 Krystina (Organically Me) April 27, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Hummus House is waaaay better than Pita Pit
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Heads Up

34 Jessica @ sushi and sit-ups April 27, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I love Hummus House! And the falafel pita is my favorite pita there by far. Yum!

35 BroccoliHut April 27, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I had no idea your hair was so long! It looks super healthy and lovely–just like you:)

36 Sarah May 1, 2011 at 10:13 am

YOUR HAIR IS SO LONG! looks great!
Sarah recently posted..the smells of spring