more ยป" />

Please Post

by Meghann on April 25, 2011

Dear Computer,

Please don’t die on me. I’ll miss you dearly.

Love,

Meghann

I’ve had connectivity issues with the good ole MacBook Pro this evening. It started with g-mail (every time I opened it, it would kill the internet connection) and now it’s just disconnecting randomly on it’s own. I know it’s my computer and not the modem because Derek’s PC is working without a problem.

I’m crossing my fingers that there’s enough juice to get this post up, then I’m putting the computer to bed and will re-assess in the morning. There’s nothing much I can do about it tonight anyways.

Fingers crossed!

On to happier things…

Like, Yoga.

My mission while booth hopping at the Rasa Lila Fest last weekend, was to enter every giveaway there was. Who would have guessed I would actually win one?! It wasn’t the free yoga cruise I had my heart set on (darn!), but I did win a yoga mat and a free yoga class at Wendy Fit Studio.

IMG_6175.jpg

Yay! I needed a new yoga mat! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tonight I took advantage of my free class pass and attended the 6:00pm Power Yoga class.

I wouldn’t call the class very powerful, but it was a nice stretch. Wendy was a great instructor and readjusted me a few times throughout the class. I prefer the hands on instructors and really appreciated the extra oomph to my poses.

The studio was a little far to attend regularly, but it was a nice enough experience to return again for the free Passport to Prana class I also have for the studio. Gotta love those free yoga classes! ๐Ÿ™‚

Before class I discovered why a second cup of Starbuck Iced Coffee at 3:00pm is a no-no.

IMG_6172.jpg

I. Was. Wired.

The cup went with the cereal + dried apple + nuts trail mix I brought as a snack.

But, after I finished the cup I felt like everything was going a million miles a minute. It made for an interesting practice, that’s for sure.

Dinner was a mish mash of what we had on hand.

I had envisioned a quiona/ chickpea dish, but we only had a small serving of quiona left and both Derek and I were pretty hungry.

We did have some brown rice noodles buried in the back of the pantry that inspired a stir fry dish. I just stir fried a sweet potato, asparagus, tempeh, radishes, and the cooked noodles, then coated everything in a homemade sauce of peanut butter, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic salt, ginger, and sesame seeds.

For dessert I ate the only three pieces of Easter candy I received this weekend.

Three pieces of Easter candy was all this girl needed. ๐Ÿ™‚

Alright, computer. Do your thing – post!

1 RunEatRepeat April 25, 2011 at 11:07 pm

I eat 3 pieces at a time – just all in one bite.
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Making a Tough Decision

2 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 25, 2011 at 11:07 pm

I’ve made the mistake of drinking coffee in the afternoon before- never again! I have no caffeine tolerance, so I was awake all night!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

3 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 25, 2011 at 11:08 pm

I am always so disappointed when I don’t get a hands on adjustment in yoga. Is that weird?
Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing recently posted..The Lessons of Travel

4 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 25, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Yay! At least your post is up ๐Ÿ™‚ Maybe it’ll magically fix itself overnight? I always have connection problems and it drives me INSANE.

Haha that wired feeling is insane! But I’ve become so immune to caffeine that it’s been a while…

But try an grande iced Americano from Starbuck’s (don’t do it) it’ll keep you awake literally ALL night.
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Sweet Signs of Summer

5 Christina @ The Athletarian April 25, 2011 at 11:27 pm

YUM! Your mish mash looks delicious! I love peanut sauces. Any way to get the proportions of all the ingredients used in your sauce?

Oh, and good luck with your computer! Sometimes if my Pro is acting funny I put it to “sleep” for a bit and then it’s good to go ๐Ÿ™‚
Christina @ The Athletarian recently posted..It Aint About The Bunny- Bunny- Bunny

6 Meghann April 26, 2011 at 9:45 am

Really not proportions, I just kept adding different elements to a bowl until the flavor was right and then added more seasoning directly on to the noodles.

7 Sana April 25, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Computer issues drive me NUTSSS, good luckk!
Sana recently posted..SuperSana Weekend Edition

8 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 25, 2011 at 11:39 pm

mmm that dinner looks delicious!
I’ve definitely learned that any caffeine in the afternoon is a bad thing for me!

I hope your computer gets back on track, I know how frustrating it can be!

9 Jess April 25, 2011 at 11:40 pm

That din looks delish— do you have a recipe? Stir fry intimidates me… And i’d die for some PB sauce- pls share!!

10 Meghann April 26, 2011 at 9:46 am

it’s not really a recipe. more of me just putting the elements of the sauce in a bowl and adding what ever tasted right at the time. ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Jessica April 25, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Don’t forget to send me the details for your “favor” haha
Jessica recently posted..Happy Easter!

12 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 26, 2011 at 12:08 am

I love 3 pieces of chocolate….and some ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad it posted!! I love me a good stretch–and I love the re-adjustment too, so nice to feel that change in position. g-night

13 Ashley April 26, 2011 at 12:10 am

Sorry about the computer! I hope it gets better. Congratulations on the yoga mat also. Anything free is awesome.

14 Christine April 26, 2011 at 12:14 am

Technology- damned with it, damned without it ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck and try reinstalling and resetting.
Christine recently posted..Top 40- Part 4

15 Lauren @Hungry Dancer April 26, 2011 at 1:08 am

I wish afternoon iced coffee made me wired…but no caffeine addict over here doesn’t feel it!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..Weekend Recap &amp Happy Birthday Sis-Cousin

16 Kacy April 26, 2011 at 6:31 am

Nothing worse than connectivity issues. Hope you get it figured out!
I’m so jealous of all your free yoga, that is awesome!
Kacy recently posted..3-40 am

17 Christine @ Burning It Off April 26, 2011 at 6:41 am

I can’t imagine doing yoga while wired on caffeine! lol… I prefer hands on instructors too.
Christine @ Burning It Off recently posted..Too much of a good thing!

18 Lauren April 26, 2011 at 6:48 am

Ah, ICED COFFEE!! I need to get on that. ๐Ÿ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Cast Your Vote- Show Me Your Bowl Candidates

19 katie April 26, 2011 at 7:15 am

Computer problems are the worst! i hope your computer is ok when you turn it on today!

Loving the easter candy dessert!
katie recently posted..The Breakfast and Hunt!

20 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 26, 2011 at 7:43 am

Mr. Goodbar is one of my favorite candy bars. I just love those.

Sorry about the computer issues!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

21 Hope April 26, 2011 at 8:16 am

I can’t stand when computers don’t work right! My work computer this morning was acting up. Thankfully, it’s doing okay now! Fingers crossed! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dinner looks tasty to me! ๐Ÿ™‚ I love stir frys!
Hope recently posted..Forgetful Hopeโ€ฆ

22 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods April 26, 2011 at 8:16 am

I couldn’t sleep all last night due to that darn double iced latte I had yesterday afternoon at 2pm! Sadness. Love the free yoga mat- so fun!
Jen @ keepitsimplefoods recently posted..Peanut Butter Oat and Fruit Bars

23 Lara @ six times the yum April 26, 2011 at 8:44 am

I always wondered why mom my told me no Diet Coke after 2pm. Then (being the rebellion I am ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) I tried it. Although I had no troubles falling asleep, I just couldn’t stay asleep. Haha. Dinner looks fantastico. I’m craving Asian food now. Haha.

24 Beth @ DiningAndDishing April 26, 2011 at 8:58 am

I only got 2 pieces of Easter candy so I feel you! It’s sad when we get “too old” for Easter baskets :).
Beth @ DiningAndDishing recently posted..Great Falls Easter

25 Amanda (tomboy that wears makeup) April 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Bam! She posted! woo hoo. Nice desk;)

26 LauraJayne April 26, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Computer problems stress me out more than anything else! This weekend, after I changed my theme, there was a momement when everything stopped working (Even CommentLuv) couldn’t detect my feed! I totally panicked and had to step away before I did unresolvable IT-esque things that I’m not trained to do! Glad it seems like everything computer-wise is working?
LauraJayne recently posted..Destination- Nicaragua!

27 Jane April 26, 2011 at 12:40 pm

my computer was doing the same thing yesterday, and I have a MacBook… nothing google would work! even today, the internet is iffy. weird.

28 Alexa Brooks September 29, 2011 at 11:25 pm

That is very yummy! I love that food, I love vegetables and I love yoga too. Computer problems are a very annoying thing, it really makes you stress!
Alexa Brooks recently posted..How to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant