A Family Easter

by Meghann on April 24, 2011

What a GORGEOUS day to celebrate Easter!

We all gathered at my Aunt and Uncle’s beautiful house for an outdoor Easter picnic near the water.

Their property sits right on the Indian River and always makes for a picturesque party location. Nothing, but water and sunshine as far as the eye can see.

This is my cousin’s little girl, Lexie.

Lexie likes to flip.

Lexie likes the water.

Lexie, also, LOVES bubbles.

IMG_3510.JPG IMG_3511.JPG IMG_3512.JPG IMG_3513.JPG

Oh, to be three again. πŸ™‚

Oh, and Lexie likes chocolate eggs.

So does Lilly. πŸ™‚

Chomp!

I had a couple of chocolate eggs and some of my Mom’s homemade spinach artichoke dip while we waited to eat.

Slowly, everyone began to fill in and the food tables filled up.

Lunch time!

My plate had a little bit of everything.

With the majority of the plate going to the colorful salad my cousin prepared.

The Chilled Lemon Asparagus dish I prepared was a crowd pleaser. Thank you Sarah for sharing the recipe! πŸ™‚

Dessert!

An Easter Cupcake, Grandma’s Upside Doen Pineapple, and Lemon Cake. I was in dessert heaven. πŸ™‚

After dinner came my favorite part – hiding of the Easter eggs!!

Can you spot them?

Ok, I lied. My favorite part isn’t hiding the eggs, it’s setting the kids loose hunting for them!

IMG_3657.JPG IMG_3658.JPG IMG_3659.JPG

(this is only a few of the 100+ photos I took of the kids looking for them!)

Remember that Paula Dean Coffee Float my Dad was experimenting with yesterday?

He was ready to put it to the test.

IMG_3749.JPG IMG_3750.JPG

Coffee Float

• One part cool coffee
  • One part milk
  • Chocolate Syrup

Mixed and poured over vanilla ice cream.

Mmm…. Derek and I shared. πŸ™‚

After coffee we said our good byes.

Bye Lilly!

Then drove the 2.5 hrs back to Tampa.

I want something light for dinner. Maybe sweet potato fries or a nice bowl of oatmeal? Both sound good right now.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter holiday!

1 Ash Bear April 24, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Aww those pictures are adorable. My mom and dad used to do awesome egg scavenger hunts for us!
Ash Bear recently posted..NYRR 4 Miler and Jack Rabbit NYC Running Show

2 Cassie @ Tofu Meets Her Match April 24, 2011 at 7:50 pm

What a beautiful Easter! I can’t wait until there’s more kids in my family for Easter egg hunts.

3 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) April 24, 2011 at 8:16 pm

What a lovely way to celebrate Easter! All the food looks delish!!
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..Teeny Bopper Birthdays

4 michelle April 24, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Looks like a great family Easter celebration
michelle recently posted..Playing Catch Up

5 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 24, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Aww so fun! I wish I was still a kid because Easter Egg hunting was one of my favourite things to do (sadly, no one will hide any eggs for me these days. Apparently 25 is too old to hunt of Easter eggs, or so I’m told).

6 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 24, 2011 at 8:49 pm

That’s a beautiful place to celebrate Easter! I kind of wish we had little kids in my extended family so I can set up an Easter egg hunt πŸ™‚

7 Angela April 24, 2011 at 8:50 pm

that cupcake sure looks delicious… I wonder who made it, ::wink wink::
Angela recently posted..Octane–So misunderstood…

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 24, 2011 at 8:55 pm

That dinner looks fabulous! Happy Easter!

9 BroccoliHut April 24, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Looks like you had a fantastic Easter holiday!
I just wanted to let you know that I tried nuts/dried fruit on my split pea soup today as per your recommendation, and it was phenom! Thanks for the suggestion.

10 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 24, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Your family is SO cute!! Looks like a gorgeous day, and like you said, amazing weather. I love celebrating holidays with kiddies because they’re so much more fun! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Easter Recipe Roundup

11 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 24, 2011 at 9:16 pm

We had a lovely Easter too! Looks like fin!
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Happy Easter

12 LauraJayne April 24, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Looks like a great Easter (and great eats)! I’m totally sugared out – I’m thinking something light is in order for dinner – something salty to counteract the lethargic sugar-coma I’m in now!

13 Amanda (tomboy that wears makeup) April 24, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Cute pictures!!!
My Easter has been spent packing (we’re moving Friday), plus editing a yoga video that is due tomorrow AND now we just ordered pizza and are watching hockey while drinking wine and packing boxes! haha. Not as colorful as your Easter, but it’s been a good one;)
xoxo

14 Hilary April 24, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Why can’t my family have a beachfront property?!? Looks like a great and delicious day….mine was as well…I want something light for the next few days!
Hilary recently posted..Saturday Speed Post

15 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 24, 2011 at 11:06 pm

The kids are so cute!!! We actually got to the Easter party late this year (we took an afternoon snooze!) so we missed the egg hunt πŸ™
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

16 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 24, 2011 at 11:18 pm

ohh what a big beautiful family affair!

make me miss being new my family but so glad to see such love! Have a safe drive back home! πŸ™‚

17 Ashley April 24, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Those pictures are so adorable!!! I want to borrow a kid now, just for awhile, then I’ll give it back. They are so cute.
Happy Easter Meghann! πŸ™‚

18 Alaina April 25, 2011 at 12:09 am

How adorable!! Looks like a fantastic Easter! I love the pot luck. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Quinoa Stir Fry

19 Sarah for Real April 25, 2011 at 12:36 am

What a beautiful spot for a family pot luck.

Glad you enjoyed the asparagus! πŸ™‚
Sarah for Real recently posted..almost Wordless Walk

20 River April 25, 2011 at 1:25 am

Great photos, looks like you had a great day!
River recently posted..Beauty Review – Lime Crime – Lime Criminal Magic Dust

21 Laura April 25, 2011 at 2:59 am

I’ve never actually seen plastic Easter eggs in New Zealand. When I was little, my Grandad would hide chocolate eggs and tie them to the tree outside (and would secretly go up into the hills and collect rabbit droppings to scatter around the “paw prints” he would also make during the night, ha), but I’ve never heard of anyone hiding plastic eggs. Are they just plain plastic or do they have things inside them? Because plastic eggs just don’t seem as exciting as chocolate! πŸ™‚

22 Meghann April 25, 2011 at 10:24 am

There’s candy in the plastic eggs πŸ™‚

23 Marina April 25, 2011 at 3:06 am

I always like seeing the recaps of your family’s get-togethers. You can just see all the love and wonderful family bonds you all have πŸ™‚
Marina recently posted..final countdown…

24 Jessica @ dalyauthenticity.blogspot.com April 25, 2011 at 6:54 am

YUM!!!! I want that coffee float! (And it is only 7 am!)
Jessica @ dalyauthenticity.blogspot.com recently posted..The opportunity to start over

25 Tasha @ Voracious April 25, 2011 at 7:53 am

WOW! What a beautiful day you had! I’m drooling over those chocolate eggs, they are so vibrant and gorgeous. But I really NEED some of that spinach artichoke dip. Yummmm!
Tasha @ Voracious recently posted..Rock β€˜n’ Roll in Saudi Arabia

26 Amy April 25, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Wow, what an amazing home your family has. Your family gatherings always look like such a great time. Glad you enjoyed your family time Meghann!
Amy recently posted..Already Saturday- All Ready

27 Sana April 25, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Lilly has the most amazing eyessss!
Sana recently posted..SuperSana Weekend Edition

28 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 26, 2011 at 10:26 am

What an awesome day! I love time with family!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Hello Monday