On Deadline

by Meghann on April 20, 2011

Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday

I guess they don’t call it the hump day for nothin’ Getting over this hump is dragggginnnggg.

I have a client meeting this evening (at 7:30 – yikes!), so my whole morning has been dedicated to that. Lots to do. Little time to do it in.

I needed a stress reliever by the time lunch rolled around.

This meal was fun. Definitely a Meghann classic.

Here’s how it worked:

• Open fridge stare for 5 minutes
  • Pull out random vegetables, begin to chop
  • Throw carrots and radishes in hot pan with EVOO
  • Add Gardien Beefless Beef Tips from freezer
  • Add Kale
  • Season with Salt and Pepper
  • Combine marinara sauce with hummus because you heard a rumor last weekend that it’s good
  • Plate veggie mix
  • Top with marinara/hummus combination
  • Decide it’s not pretty
  • Throw on Almonds
  • Decide it needs cheese
  • Hand shred a slice of swiss cheese because it’s all the swiss cheese you have
  • Add a left over corn muffin for kicks
  • Photograph
  • Eat

Marinara and Hummus? The rumor was right; it is good. πŸ™‚ The perfect topping to my random kale themed concoction. The hummus gave the marinara sauce a nice creamy texture as well as a salty, sweet taste.

When shredded or fancy cheese isn’t an option, a hand shredded slice cheese will always do. Who needs fancy when you have Kraft?

I’m heading to Starbucks to zone out. Must get this done before tonight!

1 Kara April 20, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Good luck at your meeting!
Kara recently posted..Laid back Tuesday and Wednesday confessions

2 Freya April 20, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I like how you think – that’s how the best meals are created!
Good luck in the meeting πŸ™‚

3 Carly D. @ CarlyBananas April 20, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Hummus and marinara? That sounds amazing. I can’t wait to try it! Thanks! πŸ™‚
Carly D. @ CarlyBananas recently posted..Crystal Run 5K Friday Week 3 Recap- Not Too Proud To Walk

4 Jessica April 20, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Meghann you eat some odd combinations, lady!
Jessica recently posted..How To Get Work… Before You Work

5 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 20, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Looks like a fun hodge podge of fun foods! I love meals like that πŸ™‚

Good luck with all your work and your late client meeting! I’m sure it will all go well πŸ™‚

6 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 20, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I like to dump marinara sauce on just about anything. It tastes so good!

Good luck with getting your work done!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

7 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 20, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Looks like a delicious work intermission! Good luck prepping for your client- you can do it!! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..A Tofu Experiment

8 jodie April 20, 2011 at 2:28 pm

All the best with the client.

9 Hope April 20, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I’ve never heard of mixing marinara and hummus together. It sounds like a pretty good combination to try! I’m definitely going to have to try that sometime. Love hummus and marinara sauce! πŸ™‚ Good luck at your meeting tonight!
Hope recently posted..I Am A Risotto Fan…

10 Alaina April 20, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Hummus and marinara sauce DOES sound good! I’ll have to give that a try. I think the best bowls come from staring in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Working My Way Back- 1369 Coffee House

11 Kaitlin April 20, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I feel ya! Wednesday is almost halfway over. Let’s hope we can keep on keepin on.
Kaitlin recently posted..Strength Training At Home

12 Hilary April 20, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Haha….love the randomness…actually looks pretty good! Would love to try the hummus/marinara combo!
Hilary recently posted..Think BIG

13 RunEatRepeat April 20, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I used to be obsessed with marinara and hummus – totally forgot about it until right now πŸ™‚
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Leaving Las Vegas

14 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 20, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Now that I think about it… hummus and marinara sauce is genius!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

15 Tia April 20, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Diggin your style lol Best play by play of making a salad I’ve heard in awhile πŸ˜‰

16 Kacy April 20, 2011 at 5:27 pm

That sounds good! One of your more normal creations πŸ˜‰
Good luck with your meeting!

17 Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates April 20, 2011 at 6:34 pm

I have hummus and marinara right now in my fridge.. May be trying that soon πŸ™‚
Kaitlyn @ 7 Plates recently posted..Back to Blogging

18 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 20, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I love your philosophy!! HAHA-I sometimes do that for lunch too πŸ™‚

19 Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 20, 2011 at 6:39 pm

what an interesting meal!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Indian Feast – Part 3

20 Lauren April 20, 2011 at 8:16 pm

You’ve convinced me. I have an open jar of marinara and a container of hummus in the fridge right now. It’s on!
Lauren recently posted..Dont Cry Over Spilt Kombucha

21 Jamie Sometimes Healthy Girl April 20, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I am such a salad freak. I will throw anything and everything on top of a salad. Only mine generally don’t look pretty when I’m done. Definitely like the hummus/marinara combo. I’ll be trying that out ASAP