more ยป" />

Chocolate Mess

by Meghann on April 17, 2011

Hey, Hey, Hey!

A few notes from my run this morning:

1. Running after 8:00am is becoming a problem in the HOT Florida sun. Looks like summer is here.
  2. I finally feel like I’ve finally conquered running with sunglasses. (Just in time!)
  3. Everyone on the Upper Tampa Bay is so friendly! I had more ‘Good Mornings’ than any other run.
  4. I was asleep by 10:00pm last night. There’s a big difference in running after a long night of sleep and a night with little sleep. ๐Ÿ™‚
  5. 6 miles was all my body could handle. That was a-ok with me.

Run recovery:

Baked Apple Chocolatey Mess

I had MAJOR chocolate cravings this morning.

Contents:

• 1 Apple Chopped and Microwaved with Cinnamon
  • 1 heaping spoonful of Naturally Nutty Chocolate Toffee Peanut Butter
  • 1 Chocolate Oikos
  • 1/2 cup Chocolate Granola

So chocolatey. So good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sunday = Errands Day.

We’re on the hunt for a new desk (wish us luck!), a baby shower gift, groceries, and a quick run in Best Buy. Yay for being a real grown up!

1 Fit Chick Britt April 17, 2011 at 10:39 am

Awesome run ๐Ÿ™‚ a chocolatey breakfast sounds delish. Have a great day Meghann!
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..My Running Story

2 michelle April 17, 2011 at 10:39 am

I’m running a half marathon race this morning but I think it’ll be in the low 50’s here. It’s a late start – 11am – which feels really weird!
michelle recently posted..Date Night

3 Freya April 17, 2011 at 10:40 am

Eek I don’t think I could cope with the Florida heat! Toooo hot :s
Have a good day!

4 Karolina April 17, 2011 at 10:41 am

I wish it warm up a little here. It’s 40 degrees this morning. I’m hoping it warms up a little before my workout this afternoon! I was craving chocolate quite a bit this morning- my blog post for the day is dedicated to it:)
Karolina recently posted..Lifes Tiny Delights

5 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) April 17, 2011 at 10:41 am

Your mess looks amazing! YUM!
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..Salmon I Am

6 Tara @ trulysimplebits April 17, 2011 at 10:43 am

Kudos to you for running in the heat. Heat and me do not mix so in the summer I have to run reallly early or late at night. I was in Florida outside of Tampa last week visiting family and it would definitely take me a while to get used to living there ๐Ÿ™‚ We were also there last July and I wasn’t a fan of the heat. Do you get used to it after living there long term?? ๐Ÿ™‚ We live in California now and the weather is great where we live because we are in central CA on the coast. We are considering moving to Florida in a couple of years but the heat scares me a bit ๐Ÿ™‚
Tara @ trulysimplebits recently posted..SaturdayDIY

7 Halley (Blunder Construction) April 17, 2011 at 10:43 am

I practically slathered myself in chocolate last night… just finished cleaning the kitchen. I wish it was HOT in Mass… it’s a grey, soppy 60 degrees here.

8 Kiran April 17, 2011 at 10:44 am

Mmmm… Love chocolaty breakfast. Heck, any excuse to have chocolate ๐Ÿ™‚ you are right about the temps, it’s freaking hot!
Kiran recently posted..Shutterflyโ€™s โ€œShare your Spring Celebration Announcementโ€ and Giveaway

9 Lucy @ The Sweet Touch April 17, 2011 at 10:46 am

Good luck desk hunting! My hubs and I are looking for a very simple desk and we don’t want to spend a lot so no luck yet – can’t wait to see what you find!
Lucy @ The Sweet Touch recently posted..St Louis Foodie Finds- Chavas Mexican Restaurant

10 Kristy @ KristyRuns April 17, 2011 at 10:57 am

I know that hot Florida sun all too well. The weather is fantastic in Atlanta right now…only 55 degrees! ๐Ÿ™‚ Great run though!
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Run The River 10K

11 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) April 17, 2011 at 11:00 am

Loving the chocolatey breakfast! Great job on the run ๐Ÿ™‚ It MUST be summer because I keep getting sunburned on all of my runs! Boo…in the suns defense, I have been wearing expired sunscreen hoping it would still work hahaha
Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) recently posted..Bad Student Gone Good

12 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 17, 2011 at 11:01 am

I have major envy of your hot Florida sun. It is BLIZZARDING here in Ontario today!! Not fair! But nevertheless, congrats on your 6 mile run! Your chocolate mess looks beautiful!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Itโ€™s the little things

13 Tessa @ Amazing Asset April 17, 2011 at 11:35 am

I forget what it’s like to be hot when I run! I know I will be complaining soon though, summer is slowly but surely approaching in the Boston area ๐Ÿ˜€
Good luck with finding a desk!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..At Home Full Body Workout Finally Refueling

14 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 17, 2011 at 11:35 am

I hate running in the heat — it just makes me so tired and feel so sluggish. Plus I need to drink tons of water and then that kind of weighs me down! I do best in cooler weather.

Have a great day!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

15 Ashley April 17, 2011 at 11:46 am

Great run! Breakfast looks great! I could really go for some chocolate right now. Good luck getting all the errands done!
Ashley recently posted..Drag Out

16 Sana April 17, 2011 at 11:50 am

Bahaha best buy= worst buy! Have a lovely dayy!
Sana recently posted..All Covered In Cheeseeeeeee

17 katie April 17, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Loving the chocolate mess!

Have fun today shopping! Oh shopping for baby shower gifts is fun! I had to shop for my cousins baby shower, they are having a girl, it was fun to buy cute baby girl stuff!!
katie recently posted.. Dress for Rehearsal

18 Melissa @ TryingToHeal April 17, 2011 at 12:44 pm

are you running with those sunglasses?! woman! get a pair of sports ones! you’ll never regret it!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Friday Finally

19 Amy April 17, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I run with regular sunglasses all the time (like Meghann’s). Why are sport ones better?
Amy recently posted..5 miles again!

20 Lauren April 17, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I LOVE the chocolate Oikos! And I always get good baby gifts at stores like TJMaxx and then I can get more for my money! I love the little socks that look like shoes!
Lauren recently posted..Dadโ€™s Birthday

21 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 17, 2011 at 12:52 pm

mmm that chocolate mess does look chocolatey delicious!

I kind of wish I had the same problem with the heat, it’s too windy and cold here to run at anytime! ๐Ÿ˜›

good luck with your errands! ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Stacey @ Being Stacey April 17, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I admire you for being able to run in the heat. I suffer even in our Summers in the UK, which are nothing like the heat and humidty you guys have in Florida. Have a great day! ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Pickynikki April 17, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Just made your cake batter pancakes this morning for my son’s sleepover. They were a big hit. I made chocolate, and put a little whipped topping and sprinkles on top instead of icing. Thanks!!

24 Kay April 17, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Girl, give yourself a break. I say this with concern. Let your body rest!

25 Cara April 17, 2011 at 2:06 pm

That breakfast looks awesome! I had a crazy chocolate craving this morning too, and they totally would have satisfied it!

26 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 17, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Ikea has some nice desks if you don’t mind getting an extra rolling cabinet for paperwork.

Chocolatey breakfast? Yummmm
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Bed and breakfast for all

27 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] April 17, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Oh Sunday and errands – in my dreams! Everything is closed here on Sundays. I went on a 10 mile walk in the country instead!
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..lโ€™Orangerie

28 Alaina April 17, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I love running early in the morning. There’s nothing like 7am running through Harvard Square. ๐Ÿ™‚

That bowl looks amazingly good!
Alaina recently posted..Working My Way Back- 1369 Coffee House

29 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 17, 2011 at 4:07 pm

nice job on the 6 miler!!

30 Hilary April 17, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Your title immediately captured my attention…chocolate for breakfast is ok with me any time…YUMFEST!
Hilary recently posted..I came- I ate- I conquered

31 Ashley April 17, 2011 at 5:09 pm

mm chocolate oikos is delicious
Ashley recently posted..Week 10 Recap

32 Ann April 17, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I love when I get lots of good-mornings on a run. It makes me happy! And that chocolate yogurt/apple/granola thing looks wonderful. My parents just visited me in college for the day and my Mom brought me some dark chocolate granola from a local Memphis retailer. Can’t wait to break into it!
Ann recently posted..Double Dose of my Favorite Veggies

33 Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy April 17, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Love it! i love adding chocolate in my breakfast! It’s like dessert for breakfast!
Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy recently posted..Under the weather

34 Alexa @ SimpleEats April 17, 2011 at 6:13 pm

That chocolate mess looks like chocolate deliciousness. Hope you’re having a fun Sunday!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Dancing Feet

35 Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 17, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Good luck with the shopping!!!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Biking โ€ฆ fail

36 Sara @ Fun Simple Sweet April 17, 2011 at 6:54 pm

That looks absolutely delicious! And I’m so jealous of the heat! It’s so cold here.. and rainy :/ Booo. Can’t wait to move! haha

37 Lauren April 17, 2011 at 7:46 pm

We are looking for a new desk too. Let me know if you have any luck! Hoping IKEA has something we are looking for.
Lauren recently posted..Getting My TJs Fix

38 LoriV. (For the Run of It) April 17, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I second the notion of getting sport sunglasses. I just got a pair of Ryders Hex from Amazon for half the reg price. They are so light and have rubberized nose pieces and rubber inside the earpieces so keep them from slipping. They are awesome. And of course there are a million brands out there providing the same great features in sport glasses. Seriously, get a pair.
LoriV. (For the Run of It) recently posted..Youre Stopping NOW!

39 Dina @ DinaRuns April 17, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Desk shopping is the worse unless you have a large budget. Everything is either particle board or solid wood (with a high end price). Wish there were more options in between.
Dina @ DinaRuns recently posted..Weekend

40 Katherine: Unemployed April 18, 2011 at 5:46 am

hot mess; chocolate mess; it’s all good ๐Ÿ™‚

41 Sarah April 18, 2011 at 7:49 am

your chocolate mess looks and sounds amazing! I have the butter toffee naturally nutty peanut butter but not the chocolate one! Sounds delicious!
Hope you found a desk!