Rasa-Lila Fest

by Meghann on April 16, 2011

Over 8 hours of Yoga, Sun, and Friends? I think that pretty much sums of my day in a nut shell. πŸ™‚

I had heard about Rasa-Lila Fest months ago from Kristen, who was planning on attending with a few friends. All she had to say was ‘all day outdoor yoga festival’ and I was sold. I was pumped with not only attending the festival, but getting to spend the day with a great group of new friends. πŸ™‚

The Festival brought every yoga studio in the Tampa Bay area together for one day of peace, love and yoga. It was a great opportunity to get a little taste of what each studio has to offer.

This morning I met the gang at the campsite where the festival was being held and got straight to work setting up ‘home base.’

Have you ever put a tent up before? Yeah, neither had we.

IMG_2416.JPG IMG_2418.JPG

30 minutes later we had this.

We were proud it was standing, never mind one strong wind gust would have knocked it down. It got the job done. πŸ™‚

From 10:00 – 5:00pm the festival had a yoga class going every hour on the hour. It was a great schedule, you could come and go taking yoga as you please while still getting to enjoy everything the festival had to offer.

We divided and conquered. Settling on three yoga classes every other hour we wanted to try.

Our first Yoga class of the day was a Power Flow Class from Trinity Yoga Studio. It was a nice quick flow to loosen our bodies for the rest of the day.

We had a few snacks post-yoga.

Then headed to our next adventure.

Not Kayoga (though that sounded cool!) we wanted to give the paddle boards a go instead.

The paddle boards were a little different than the ones I tried in Orlando. They were wobbly and not as dry. I wouldn’t call them Paddle Board Yoga material, but they were fun for a quick spin around the lake. πŸ™‚

IMG_5906.jpg

The festival had a great vendor area set up showcasing different businesses in the area.

IMG_2460.JPGIMG_2464.JPG

IMG_2467.JPGIMG_2468.JPG

I didn’t buy anything, but did have a blast talking to all the yoga studios in the area! I collected enough free class vouchers to last at least another month!

I was a little disappointed in the food vendor selection. There were a couple of options, but nothing too exciting.

IMG_2508.JPG IMG_2510.JPG

I ended up ordering a Veggie Wrap from a restaurant in St. Pete that had a booth.

It was a little soggy from sitting in the dressing, but it was tasty.

I also helped Val finish off her Buckwheat Waffle with Berries. Now THOSE were good. πŸ˜‰

After lunch we headed to Yoga Class #2.

Jivamukti Yoga with Happy Buddha was amazing. It was a great power class that focused on strength. The instructor was amazing and really hands on. I want to give the studio a try in person sometime this week.

Practicing yoga outside is really dirty. I think I need a new mat now.

Yeah, definitely need a new mat. πŸ™‚

A clementine snack between classes.

IMG_2496.jpg IMG_2497.jpg IMG_2498.jpg

And our final class of the day.

A Hatha Flow from The Lotus Room.

It was a little longer than the other classes (an hour and a half), but it was a nice one to end the day on. By this point my body was exhausted and needed something soothing.

IMG_5927.jpg

The day ended and I headed home with sore arms, legs, and a really relaxed back. Also, a starving tummy!

I made some quick sweet potato hash browns, that Derek topped with eggs and salsa.

Simple, delicious, and cheap.

with a reheated Garlic knot on the side.

1/2 a brownie plus chocolate ice cream for dessert

Who knew a day of yoga was so tiring, I’m about to crash on the laptop keys.

Good Night!

1 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Um. That sounds like a dream.
Totally jealous. (<– Not very zen of me, eh? πŸ˜‰ ) Looks like a great time!
Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing recently posted..Vegan Gluten-Free Dough Balls- Cinnamon Raisin Coconut Chocolate Chip

2 michelle April 16, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Not my kind of thing at all but I’m glad you had a great time! The pics are great as always
michelle recently posted..Date Night

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 16, 2011 at 9:40 pm

That is such a fun day. I would love to go to a festival like that!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..just laugh

4 Kristin @ FoodFash April 16, 2011 at 9:44 pm

You captured the day perfectly! It’s def our turn to come meet you for yoga and a meal at a place that you’ve discovered that’s new to us!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..FoodFash Mash III – Rasa Lila

5 Meghann April 17, 2011 at 7:36 am

Orlando Road Trip!

6 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 16, 2011 at 9:46 pm

wow what a fantastic festival! πŸ™‚

7 Kath April 16, 2011 at 9:47 pm

What fun!!

8 kate@ahealthypassion April 16, 2011 at 9:48 pm

that is such a cool event I would love to do yoga all day long and outside would be amazing!
kate@ahealthypassion recently posted..Time for the big move!

9 Sana April 16, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Yay for yogaaaa! I think it would have been less dirty if you guys did yoga in the grass! I think the mat should wash off?
Sana recently posted..All Covered In Cheeseeeeeee

10 Meghann April 17, 2011 at 7:36 am

There was no grass. Just dirt and leaves. It will probably wash off, but my mat as pretty battered before anyways – a new one is still in order. πŸ™‚

11 Alaina April 16, 2011 at 10:13 pm

That looks like such a great time! Wish we had something like that up in MA. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Working My Way Back- 1369 Coffee House

12 Nicci (NiftyEats) April 16, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Sounds like a great Yoga fest!
Nicci (NiftyEats) recently posted..Please Pass the Wild Rice

13 Lucy @ The Sweet Touch April 16, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Sounds like an amazing time! Were some people actually spending the night or was the tent just a place to hang out during the day?

I can imagine you would be exhausted by the end of the day!
Lucy @ The Sweet Touch recently posted..St Louis Foodie Finds- Chavas Mexican Restaurant

14 Meghann April 17, 2011 at 7:37 am

Yep, some people were staying the night!

15 Katy (The Singing Runner) April 16, 2011 at 10:57 pm

How cool! I’m amazed by all the different types of festivals there are these days!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Matt&8217s Chicago Marathon Experience

16 emily April 16, 2011 at 11:03 pm

That looks like so much fun! The shot of you on the mat is super cute btw. πŸ™‚
emily recently posted..I’m A Card

17 Jessica April 16, 2011 at 11:10 pm

The Jivamukti class from yogadownload.com is a really good one… I really like that style of yoga!

18 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) April 17, 2011 at 12:35 am

Wow, that is a lot of yoga in one day! I can just imagine how exhausting it must be. Looks like a fun day, though!! πŸ™‚
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..Salmon I Am

19 Amy April 17, 2011 at 1:57 am

Glad you enjoyed your day of Yoga!
Amy recently posted..Finding my β€œbalance”

20 Jamie@everydaydolce April 17, 2011 at 3:39 am

That sounds so wonderful! Love your dinner…eggs and salsa and sweet potatoes…I have a feeling I’d love it!
Jamie@everydaydolce recently posted..if you’re going to san francisco

21 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 17, 2011 at 7:11 am

Looks like you had a very fun and relaxing day! Too bad about the food choices, although that waffle does look good!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

22 katie April 17, 2011 at 7:37 am

The yoga festival would be fun!

Love the kayak and yoga, now that is different, have never seen that before!

Glad you had a great day!
katie recently posted.. Dress for Rehearsal

23 Allie April 17, 2011 at 7:43 am

What a great post, it looks like you had SOO much fun and you just look really happy and relaxed πŸ™‚
Awesome eats too-especially lunch yuuum πŸ™‚
Allie recently posted..Decisions- Decisions-I need your help!

24 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 17, 2011 at 8:46 am

What a neat event!! I’m so jealous!

And I love your foot tattoo! Is it a snowflake?
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Date Night Dinner

25 jodie April 17, 2011 at 8:52 am

Glad you had a blast.
jodie recently posted..Quick Tip

26 Ali @ Ali Runs April 17, 2011 at 9:36 am

Wow, looks like you had an amazing time!! I would definitely like to try paddle board yoga–especially after watching your show!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Final Push

27 Katy Pit April 17, 2011 at 9:43 am

Wow, what a great idea! I wish there was something like this in the D.C. area.

28 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com April 17, 2011 at 10:24 am

You are a trooper for making it through so much yoga in one day πŸ™‚ Hope Sunday is relaxing and delicious!
Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com recently posted..If I Had a Million Flatbreads

29 Sarah April 17, 2011 at 4:37 pm

What a great day. And a brownie to finish it off? Perfection.

I went to a yoga class at my gym the other day, which I didn’t think was hard.. but now my arms and back are so sore! Yoga is deceivingly difficult..
Sarah recently posted..Live and Learn

30 Kacy April 17, 2011 at 9:09 pm

How fun! I would love to go to a yoga retreat one of these days!
Kacy recently posted..I’m not a journalist

31 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 17, 2011 at 9:55 pm

WHoa that sounds SOOO coool! I want to go to a retreat like that too now πŸ™‚

32 Mac April 17, 2011 at 10:42 pm

That sounds like an awesome event! If I end up getting a special events or fitness job in the near future I am definitely going to try putting something like that on!
Mac recently posted..NO Part I- Food

33 Jena April 20, 2011 at 9:28 am

Looks like the festival was a lot of fun!

I’ve done the Kayoga before (we that same group that you saw). It’s actually pretty cool. I’m not a big yoga person, but it was still fun. You can see our pictures here http://www.lifeisbeachykeen.com/?p=2401 (Carolyn, also went to the Kayoga trip) You kayak from Ft. Desoto to Shell Key and do yoga on the beach. There were 2 people using the paddle boards on our trip. It looked a little harder than what I would want to do after doing yoga for an hour. πŸ˜‰

34 Bethany July 28, 2011 at 12:57 pm